Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours (26248 Views)

I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! / My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week / 91,000 Apply For Customs Jobs Within 24 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Mystery2020: 9:54pm On May 10, 2022
Our then neighbor was informed that I would like to work pending when school resumes. Few days later, she had some guests among whom was the wife of a super dealer of multi-choice. She too had her own small company.

So our neighbor informed her about me and she agreed. It was a Sunday, she said I should resume the next day being Monday.

I was there on Monday. She asked someone to show me how to do what will be my routine task. She assigned some other tasks which I did.

All through, I noticed that she was not comfortable with my personality. She kind of preferred a more outgoing person. Then she said I don't know how to count money, that I can't do the work. So she gave me transport fare and I went home.

That was my first job ever!

118 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Sureplug123(m): 9:58pm On May 10, 2022
Mystery2020:
Our then neighbor was informed that I would like to work pending when school resumes. Few days later, she had some guests among whom was the wife of a super dealer of multi-choice. She too had her own small company.

So our neighbor informed her about me and she agreed. It was a Sunday, she said I should resume the next day being Monday.

I was there on Monday. She asked someone to show me how to do what will be my routine task. She assigned some other tasks which I did.

All through, I noticed that she was not comfortable with my personality. She kind of preferred a more outgoing person. Then she said I don't know how to count money, that I can't do the work. So she gave me transport fare and I went home.

This is the lowest you will ever get!

335 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by richeeyo(m): 10:15pm On May 10, 2022
You too
Dey do sharp

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Papichulostunne(m): 12:54am On May 11, 2022
The woman lacks chill.. But for reals you dont know how to count money?

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by MrMcJay(m): 2:50am On May 11, 2022
Chin up mate, making money is more important than counting money.

151 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Danibonk(m): 5:28am On May 11, 2022
Too dull for customer and business

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by SNEFF: 5:54am On May 11, 2022
hmm, crazy stuff

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by lereinter(m): 6:22am On May 11, 2022
Danibonk:

Someone without experience, can't be sharp immediately

188 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by AgentGoat: 6:24am On May 11, 2022
The woman no get patience.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by lereinter(m): 6:24am On May 11, 2022
Learn from that experience and build on it.

Naso life dey, you will be accepted at another place

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Joeyfizzo: 6:25am On May 11, 2022
Mystery2020:

you got HIRED and FIRED because she got TIRED

154 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by 9182736455O1999(m): 6:49am On May 11, 2022
Op people like us should be working from home.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Imabong80(f): 7:48am On May 11, 2022
Joeyfizzo:
you got HIRED and FIRED because she got TIRED

...but that's the way he was WIRED.

134 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Khaysee: 7:52am On May 11, 2022
I need 2 Experienced dispatch rider for immediate employment with a
-Valid rider's Card
-Knowledge of Lagos route
- A reliable guarantor

Salary 50k and attractive Bonuses weekly
Kindly contact
Our whatapp .
Or office :Shop 3 opposite Kingstine joe Resturant Afolabi bus stop isheri
Obamslogistics
*There’s a bonus on each referral*

6 Likes

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by westlius(m): 8:01am On May 11, 2022
So sorry
Pls note after God, be confident in what you do.
Self confidence give bosses trust in u

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by DaInferno(m): 8:18am On May 11, 2022
Mystery2020:

what's the location please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by bularuz(m): 8:22am On May 11, 2022
Unfortunately Employers of nowadays like pretences and high service.

4 Likes

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Badman777: 8:24am On May 11, 2022
Good for you, my first application ever to apply for a job I was rejected immediately they saw me. That will forever be my last application, currently building my own company called soundmac.
Mystery2020:

8 Likes

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by gulfer: 8:46am On May 11, 2022
Papichulostunne:
The woman lacks chill.. But for reals you dont know how to count money?
Maybe she meant to say you don't know how to count money with the dexterity of an Igbo businessman; I remember when I started going with mum to shop then, they had to teach me how to count money in a manner that lessened the amount of time wasted on counting cash......I suppose she's irritable but should have given you a chance at least-one week to learn the ropesundecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

15 Likes

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Rexymania(m): 8:48am On May 11, 2022
Thank God for yourself. The woman is too harsh and will give you tough time

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by tellwisdom: 8:57am On May 11, 2022
Op, did you use perfume before going to work?

7 Likes

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Papichulostunne(m): 9:21am On May 11, 2022
gulfer:

Maybe she meant to say you don't know how to count money with the dexterity of an Igbo businessman; I remember when I started going with mum to shop then, they had to teach me how to count money in a manner that lessened the amount of time wasted on counting cash......I suppose she's irritable but should have given you a chance at least-one week to learn the ropesundecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Sure.. like i said, the woman lacks chill.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by ChoCho54(f): 9:23am On May 11, 2022
tellwisdom:
Op, did you use perfume before going to work?
You mean if he "smells" nice? Lol

1 Like

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by happiness4ever(m): 9:58am On May 11, 2022
Wonderful
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by omorttee4u(m): 10:40am On May 11, 2022
No chill on the woman's side.... abah you just showed him how to do the work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Patrioticbreed9(m): 11:18am On May 11, 2022
Danibonk:

My dullest student is currently my main p.a.

It takes time, although i wont blame the woman because she might not have that time.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by JbravoAdodger(m): 11:50am On May 11, 2022
Imabong80:

...but that's the way he was WIRED.

Later on he'll be ADMIRED

Because this got him INSPIRED

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by slawormiir: 12:12pm On May 11, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Mystery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Righthussle: 12:12pm On May 11, 2022
Let talk like a pulpit bandit.

My friend, if you are reading this right now touch the screen of your phone let me pray with you. As God's general, I decree and declare that every family curse hindering you from getting a job should die by fireee. Amen. You are delivered. While I was praying, I saw an old woman in your father's compound sitting on your job. The Lord said you should sow a big seed into the life of a man of God. You can sow your seed using a USSD CODE *419#. Or via transfer into the account number 000419419 Thief Bank.
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Aplaudez(m): 12:12pm On May 11, 2022
Just be thankful she didn't fustrate your existence.

She's nice tho.
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by FalseProphet1(m): 12:12pm On May 11, 2022
She didn't hire you to work, she wanted a lover boy and you were to rigid to see the advances she gave you so she fired you immediately.

This I have seen.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by inoki247: 12:12pm On May 11, 2022
lol which kain testimony be diz...

He jus be like after you cook food finish you say mak u enta room go pick plate before u get back to kitchen dem don carry the pot and d food....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NBC 2015 Management Trainee Programme / What's The Salary For Non-medical HND Graduate At A University Teaching Hospital / Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.