Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country (42771 Views)

Liz Cambage Denies Calling D'tigress Monkeys - Nigerian Players Reacts / Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria / Liz Cambage Denies Racially Insulting Nigerian Players During Pre-Olympic Match. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by Bigchristo: 12:26pm On May 11, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
Former Opals captain Jenna O’Hea has confirmed claims that Liz Cambage told her Nigerian rivals to “go back to your third world country” in an incident that sparked a messy exit from the national program

[img]https:///0630d6448847b5b7e2bb8ddfe065e08a/2b0133fbac53d9b6-a0/s2048x3072/65f5c218784dac7fe0bc97e395bb58cfa71cea17.jpg[/img]

Cambage was independently investigated and issued a formal reprimand - but not suspended or fined - after the practice game altercation derailed the Opals’ Tokyo Olympic campaign.

In the days after the Nigeria clash she withdrew from the Games citing mental health concerns and then, despite remaining available for selection for this year’s World Cup in Sydney, said she would never again play for the Opals.

However the specifics of Cambage’s on-court actions at last year's Tokyo Olympics had remained a mystery until this Sunday.

Speaking on the ABC’s Offsiders, retired Opals great O’Hea confirmed host Kelli Underwood’s claim that Cambage “turned to them (Nigerian players) and said ‘go back to your third world country’,”and that they hadn’t spoken since.

“That is all one hundred per cent correct,” O’Hea said.

It comes after Cambage, who has a Nigerian father and now plays for the Los Angeles Sparks in the WNBA, told the ABC: “I’m living my best life. I’m supported, I’m protected on a level that the Opals or the Australian team never gave to me”

“My heart lies with those who want to protect me and those who want me to be the best I can be, and I never felt that at the Opals at all. So yeah, I’m good.”

O’Hea, a long-time captain of Cambage, bristled when asked for her response.

“I can hold my head up high and say I always loved her, always cared for her, supported her, had her back,” O’Hea said

“That is her reality and the listeners can believe what they want to believe.

“Everyone’s done more than enough. We’ve sacrificed a lot to try and keep her in the program.

“She doesn’t want to be here anymore. That’s her choice and we need to move on without her.”

The Opals struggled without Cambage in Tokyo but O’Hea said with proper preparation Sandy Brondello’s outfit would play to its ranking, which has long fluctuated between No.2 and No.3 in the world, at Sydney’s World Cup.

Their September campaign could also mark the return of Lauren Jackson, who has dominated at NBL1 level for Albury-Wodonga since coming out of retirement.

“There’s so many wonderfully talented basketballers in Australia, so many playing in the WNBA,” O’Hea said.

“With the right preparation we can do really well.

“There’s so many great role models ... I want the media to focus on those who want to play for the Opals and represent Australia.”

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/basketball/ohea-lifts-lid-on-cambage-opals-incident-c-6719969
Racism is still very much existing and there’s nothing we can do about it, Africans most especially Nigerians govt is taking us for granted
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by Nigerialabalaba: 12:28pm On May 11, 2022
omo oju orolari. shiorr

3 Likes

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by edosignature(m): 12:31pm On May 11, 2022
There is nothing Nigerian about her.
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by osazsky(m): 12:31pm On May 11, 2022
Joezinho:
Where is the lie ?

Is naija not a 3rd world country?
i tire o...a country where clowns are buying presodency forms for 100m and all uni are on strike..youths supporting those who are suppose to b in sick homes...where people enslaves themselves in d yeast cuz there is killing in d north...u commit murder u are celebrated..yahho kids have 4 soldiers as oddlies..people ready to die for a bullion van ditector...no power..food is on d high and we have the best soil..we have oil but we dont hsve oil..no need to talk of impunity in fg hos..those ones na habatuar..but we know what is happening in russia ,carry rissia matter for head..so as we take carry Rusia matter for head na so usa take still carry the animal farm country made up of zoos

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by Menance: 12:31pm On May 11, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
Y are we all WEEPING on this forum now?
What's the difference between this and what the Oba of Lagos told the Igbos?
Is it different from the ULTIMATUM Arewa youths gave to the Easterners last year?
We have to stop complaining at all these.
We are not different, neither are we alien 2such.

Make victim mentality no kill you.
Victim mentality actually makes one look very weak.

3 Likes

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by Angelfrost(m): 12:32pm On May 11, 2022
Okoroawusa:
There's nothing Nigerian about this lady....

Don't give this racist a reason to be on the front page....she doesn't deserve it

Racist in what way?!!

You haven't seen Nigerians living in Nigeria who have said worse about their country?!! Mtchewwww!
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by CSTRR: 12:33pm On May 11, 2022
Her father did a very poor Job.

3 Likes

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by Aarenaija: 12:33pm On May 11, 2022
Is she really lying? No. A country where the leadership rehabilitate terrorist and by thier body language suppost bandiatry and terrorism, what did you expect other than been a third world country............
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by Angelfrost(m): 12:33pm On May 11, 2022
Kriss216:
But, Nigeria is third world country na undecided

Yeah... We all know that!

Some of us just don't like it being pointed out! tongue

However, why would she say such in a competition?!! Na she get the competition or the country of residence?!!

1 Like

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by Geenosko: 12:35pm On May 11, 2022
Funny enough the most of the members of the "Nigerian" female basketball team are American citizens but the ode is trying to form woke.

5 Likes

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by Victerica(m): 12:35pm On May 11, 2022
Kriss216:

Nigerians will never kiss the hard truth!
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by Angelfrost(m): 12:35pm On May 11, 2022
Ofodirinwa:

The article. We're always looking for a excuse to call someone Nigerian

Very annoying sir!

I hate when we do such... If the person feels he or she is a Nigerian, let him identify with the country. It should not be the other way round.
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by azpekuliar: 12:36pm On May 11, 2022
Reflect7:

Majority of Americans are geographically ignorant beyond belief. But they are quick to say ''third world country''.

Americans are so ignorant that a great many of them think all Africans live in mud huts in the village, with no running water or electricity. They are shocked when you tell them you have internet in 'Africa'.

Most of them think Africa is a single country, not a continent with 54 sovereign nations.

They are tragically miseducated about Africa, and it is because of deliberate misinformation by their racist media and education system.

.. but Nigeria remains a Third World Country.
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by ebufa: 12:36pm On May 11, 2022
Cashsteady:
And so what ?? Is NIGERIA not a third world country ?and her NIGERIANS not third world people? Lot of NIGERIANS travels abroad and start demanding the same right with the citizens of those countries and cry racism when the citizens of those countries tell them fact..

Nigerians are known for bad reputation anywhere they travel to they still carry their third world mentality enter Europe and other western countries..

Just look at Europe..Europe is fast becoming a African ravaged shithole ,lot of rape ,gun and knife violence committed by third world citizens from Africa and Middle East countries and guess what the Europeans are already complaining..a time will come when the Europeans won’t bear it anymore and start xenophobic attack on African migrant and their Middle East counterparts.

Recently in France some group of NIGERIANS were forcefully evicting the native French out of their homes and robbing them same thing as been happening in other part of Europe..sweden a once safe country turning to wrzone. So tell me why they won’t tell you third word citizens to go back to your shithole the European are not going to let some uncivilized people destroy their country ..

Hold your fucking leaders accountable and don’t expect other country to treat you like boss and always show you sympathy

you know, this is the most galling aspect of Nigerians' hypocrisy, we practice the most virulent and violent tribalism known to man but we go abroad to claim rights! we abuse African Americans as being lazy and uncultured but we are 10 times worse! we have not been able to build a nation, we have squandered the little resources that God blessed us with. We have massacred ourselves in the MILLIONS O! if we are not a 3rd world nation...then let us build a nation and lift ourselves from craphole status....instead of running around like some demented tribal warlords in a jungle!

1 Like

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by Victerica(m): 12:38pm On May 11, 2022
Keep telling us the bitter truth!
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by neonly: 12:38pm On May 11, 2022
See what buhari has cause now
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by BobbieZion(m): 12:39pm On May 11, 2022
Thebadpolitican:

No sense in your comment all I hear is the obvious black live matters kinda comment

I engage white everyday on social media because of my job

What are even you doing in a white man country since you're so Africanist and not a slave like you claim I am grin

Africa is a shithole take that to your blacklivematters hashtags no one wants to come or know anything about Africa, i bet Americans would name countries in Asia perfectly and even towns there

African would remain a village in their eyes no matter the media outcry to change the perception because its a place no one wants to visit and even get educated by it

White people that goes to vacation to different
Countries in different like is a norms we must eat rice on Sunday in Nigeria homes
White Americans leave theirs home country work in Japan, Taiwan and other countries and even take some of their cultures home to America

Asian took martial art to the world
Took noddles to the world and so on

What has African taking to the world if not bad news, proverty outcry and racism

You're a waste in America and uk that youre come home and let someone else go because you can't really replicate anything there when you come back home

Although you where talking to that guy.
But,your orientation is wack.
Sorry to say that.

Note:I have never given a damn about racism,it just don't move me.

3 Likes

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by omoharry(f): 12:40pm On May 11, 2022
Cashsteady:
And so what ?? Is NIGERIA not a third world country ?and her NIGERIANS not third world people? Lot of NIGERIANS travels abroad and start demanding the same right with the citizens of those countries and cry racism when the citizens of those countries tell them fact..

Nigerians are known for bad reputation anywhere they travel to they still carry their third world mentality enter Europe and other western countries..

Just look at Europe..Europe is fast becoming a African ravaged shithole ,lot of rape ,gun and knife violence committed by third world citizens from Africa and Middle East countries and guess what the Europeans are already complaining..a time will come when the Europeans won’t bear it anymore and start xenophobic attack on African migrant and their Middle East counterparts.

Recently in France some group of NIGERIANS were forcefully evicting the native French out of their homes and robbing them same thing as been happening in other part of Europe..sweden a once safe country turning to wrzone. So tell me why they won’t tell you third word citizens to go back to your shithole the European are not going to let some uncivilized people destroy their country ..

Hold your fucking leaders accountable and don’t expect other country to treat you like boss and always show you sympathy
Can you proudly and honestly tell me the country you are from? Are you a nigga or a Caucasian? wait! A Caucasian will not talk like this. You are definitely a black self hating nigga. Please crawl back to that bitter pit you came out from, because we have more than enough on our plate to contend with. Ok?
People travel all over the world for various reasons and you cannot tell everyone to go back to their countries. Migration of people has always been since time immoral. So there is nothing any element such as your kind, from the ghetto, with very poor education can do about it. Ok? Which country are you originally from, anyway? If you are black, you should know that what ever country outside the shores of Africa is never your country. As long as your are a fucking black nigga, you have no right to tell another black man to go back to their country, because you are also a stranger in that land you call a country. In all this, if it turns out that you are a Nigerian, them shame on you. Nonsense.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by BobbieZion(m): 12:42pm On May 11, 2022
Let the B*atch F**k off.
If she can let her change her skin.....if she can.

And for those defending her and calling your country and continent names just to kiss ass.

You are dafts!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by CSTRR: 12:43pm On May 11, 2022
Some people are preparing to vote for tinubu, atiku or osinbajo in 2023.

Don't worry, just prepare for more of such insults in the future.
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by Christistruth00: 12:43pm On May 11, 2022
Okoroawusa:
There's nothing Nigerian about this lady....

Don't give this racist a reason to be on the front page....she doesn't deserve it

Her Nigerianess is in her blood
She is lucky Australia is not ruled by racists
They would have shown her , her fathers Photographs and the Visa with Which he entered the Country
Most likely her athletic Talent came from her Father

All this makes all the Tribal rants look so foolish

3 Likes

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 11, 2022
Kriss216:
Fourth, under the mannequin in Asorock
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by babadee1(m): 12:47pm On May 11, 2022
Ofodirinwa:

The article. We're always looking for a excuse to call someone Nigerian

The article never said she was Nigerian. It clearly said she had a Nigerian father. She is Australian and she's an ignorant bigot. Nobody wants to claim a person like that.

3 Likes

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by Kpengla(m): 12:49pm On May 11, 2022
osazsky:
i tire o...a country where clowns are buying presodency forms for 100m and all uni are on strike..youths supporting those who are suppose to b in sick homes...where people enslaves themselves in d yeast cuz there is killing in d north...u commit murder u are celebrated..yahho kids have 4 soldiers as oddlies..people ready to die for a bullion van ditector...no power..food is on d high and we have the best soil..we have oil but we dont hsve oil..no need to talk of impunity in fg hos..those ones na habatuar..but we know what is happening in russia ,carry rissia matter for head..so as we take carry Rusia matter for head na so usa take still carry the animal farm country made up of zoos

Nigeria ia a 4th world country cheesy
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by VladimirPutiin(m): 12:49pm On May 11, 2022
ILoveDemMANNA:
for all dis ogberaga matter,
Na hot be ur own problem? Shame on you

Shame on you and your darling Daddy rather. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by newconnectng1: 12:53pm On May 11, 2022
Well she really said that then Shame on her

2 Likes

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by azukaegopeter(m): 12:56pm On May 11, 2022
Reflect7:

Majority of Americans are geographically ignorant beyond belief. But they are quick to say ''third world country''.

Americans are so ignorant that a great many of them think all Africans live in mud huts in the village, with no running water or electricity. They are shocked when you tell them you have internet in 'Africa'.

Most of them think Africa is a single country, not a continent with 54 sovereign nations.

They are tragically miseducated about Africa, and it is because of deliberate misinformation by their racist media and education system.
Whats sovereign about the nations there??
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by SavageResponse(m): 12:59pm On May 11, 2022
Kriss216:

grin
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by Toktee(m): 1:01pm On May 11, 2022
Cashsteady:

But they cannot go to Saudi Arabia, China, north Korea, or Russia etc to claim the same rights.

1 Like

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by emezuo17: 1:07pm On May 11, 2022
Reflect7:

Slave-minded dunce. The whites you worship like a slave will spit you out, discriminate against you, and even lynch you at the first opportunity. Dumbo.
. Don't mind the dumb man, Africans are yet to commit 1% of the atrocious acts Europeans committed against Africans on African soil, we are still amateurs when it comes to being savages compared to these white folks.

4 Likes

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by webizone(m): 1:09pm On May 11, 2022
Reflect7:

Their loss. Still, Nigeria needs to do the needful to keep from getting embarrassments

1 Like

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by LordTrezy(m): 1:10pm On May 11, 2022
Thebadpolitican:

No sense in your comment all I hear is the obvious black live matters kinda comment

I engage white everyday on social media because of my job

What are even you doing in a white man country since you're so Africanist and not a slave like you claim I am grin

Africa is a shithole take that to your blacklivematters hashtags no one wants to come or know anything about Africa, i bet Americans would name countries in Asia perfectly and even towns there

African would remain a village in their eyes no matter the media outcry to change the perception because its a place no one wants to visit and even get educated by it

White people that goes to vacation to different
Countries in different like is a norms we must eat rice on Sunday in Nigeria homes
White Americans leave theirs home country work in Japan, Taiwan and other countries and even take some of their cultures home to America

Asian took martial art to the world
Took noddles to the world and so on

What has African taking to the world if not bad news, proverty outcry and racism

You're a waste in America and uk that youre come home and let someone else go because you can't really replicate anything there when you come back home
He told the you the plain truth, an average American don’t know shii about the rest of the world not just Africa and most are not even as civilized as they are portrayed.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uloma Nwogu, The Female Referee That Officiated (Kano Vs Nasarawa) / Arsene Wenger Dribbles Real Zinedine Zidane In Charity Match (Photos) / Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.