Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,109 members, 7,845,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

"Christians Benefited From The Sharia Law" - Ahmed Yerima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Christians Benefited From The Sharia Law" - Ahmed Yerima (411 Views)

Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 / Ahmed Yerima Plans To Succeed Buhari As President / Nigerians Blast Buhari's Son-In-Law, Ahmed Indimi For Comparing PDP And APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Christians Benefited From The Sharia Law" - Ahmed Yerima by NEWSCENTER: 8:46am On May 11, 2022
Former Governor of Zamfara state, Ahmed Yerima has claimed that Christians benefited from the Sharia law he instituted while in power.

Yerima who introduced Sharia law in the state in 1999, after which several other states in the north followed suit, made the claim in an interview on Channels Television on Tuesday May 10.

Responding to being asked if he thinks the north is better with Sharia law, the former Governor said;

“Yes, during my time.

“During my time, if you check records, president Obasanjo declared in his government, that Zamfara state is a crime-free state. They said the crime rate in Zamfara at that time was 0.2 percent.

“Sharia means justice, equity and fairness. Ask the Christians in Zamfara, they’ll tell you that at that time, they were better off.

“Recently when I declared in Abuja, the chairperson, Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in Zamfara, was there. And he told Nigerians what kind of benefits the Christians had. There was social justice, and there was development."

https://evideostv.com/ahmed-yerima-christians-benefited-from-the-sharia-law-he-instituted-while-in-power/?amp=1

Lalasticlala

Re: "Christians Benefited From The Sharia Law" - Ahmed Yerima by Aboks(m): 9:00am On May 11, 2022
Useless bandit

2 Likes

Re: "Christians Benefited From The Sharia Law" - Ahmed Yerima by kennyade3h: 9:05am On May 11, 2022
U are drunk
Re: "Christians Benefited From The Sharia Law" - Ahmed Yerima by omowolewa: 9:05am On May 11, 2022
Why these people likes lying, is it careless talk?
Re: "Christians Benefited From The Sharia Law" - Ahmed Yerima by Nobody: 9:24am On May 11, 2022
Elenu petepete. OBJ agreed cos of his 2nd term ambition.
Now Mr Yerima, you can't be president.
Get that through the dot on your face into your skull. The only thing I'm his pumpkin face is how to marry the next 14 years old girl from Morocco or Egypt?
If you woo me, I no go gree.
With ya millions. I go send you away m

2 Likes

Re: "Christians Benefited From The Sharia Law" - Ahmed Yerima by alanto: 9:37am On May 11, 2022
Aboks:
Useless bandit
kennyade3h:
U are drunk
Are you from zamfara? Why the hate?
Re: "Christians Benefited From The Sharia Law" - Ahmed Yerima by Benbellamor: 9:39am On May 11, 2022
Sweetplum:
Elenu petepete. OBJ agreed cos of his 2nd term ambition.
Now Mr Yerima, you can't be president.
Get that through the dot on your face into your skull.
If you woo me, I no go gree.
With ya millions.
Does he look like a presidential Material?....
Re: "Christians Benefited From The Sharia Law" - Ahmed Yerima by Dorwadora(f): 9:41am On May 11, 2022
He said during his time.... I believe he was talking of 1999 and early 2000. He's not talking about the present day Sharia law.
Re: "Christians Benefited From The Sharia Law" - Ahmed Yerima by Simeon88(m): 10:32am On May 11, 2022
News like this is why I sometimes don't blame people calling for secession. What's the difference between the Sharia practiced in 1999 and the one practiced now. Your likes discouraged Western education, encouraged the almajiri system that have raised kids that are disturbing the society today. The reality is that they did all that for politics.
Re: "Christians Benefited From The Sharia Law" - Ahmed Yerima by Oplomo: 10:40am On May 11, 2022
Hahahaha. The zooooooooo!

grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Deborah Samuel: Key Points To Note In Buhari's Response That Suggests A Downplay / Kwara Awaits Tinubu / Reminder That Ibos Called Amotekun Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.