Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,638 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Gombe Gov, Emir, APC Delegates Show Support For Osinbajo’s 2023 Presidential Bid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gombe Gov, Emir, APC Delegates Show Support For Osinbajo’s 2023 Presidential Bid (377 Views)

“He’s Not My Son” – Tinubu Reacts To Osinbajo’s 2023 Declaration / PDP Delegates Show Fayose Ballot As They Vote For Bisi Kolawole / Osinbajo 2023: Yorubas Of The South-West React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gombe Gov, Emir, APC Delegates Show Support For Osinbajo’s 2023 Presidential Bid by Jollylolly(f): 9:11am On May 11, 2022
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo’s engagement ahead of his 2023 presidential election bid has continued to receive increasing appeal, this time in Gombe State.

Specifically, on his visit to the state on Monday to meet with delegates and stakeholders of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Osinbajo received the endorsement of Governor Inuwa Yahaya and the blessings of Emir of Gombe, Alhaji Abubakar Shehu Abubakar, as well as stakeholders in the state.

On his arrival at the Gombe International Airport, Governor Yahaya received the Vice President, amid cheers from residents and supporters, who danced and sang along the way, as Osinbajo’s convoy entered the city.

Osinbajo later moved to the palace of the emir, where he intimated the monarch of his aspiration to become president, soliciting his prayers and support.

Speaking during the visit to the palace, Yahaya assured Osinbajo of support from the state, pledging also his personal commitment to the Vice President’s presidential aspiration.

Welcoming Osinbajo to the state, Yahaya said: “Today is yet another remarkable occasion, because on many occasions, the Vice President has been coming to the state as Vice President; but this time around, he has come to interact with our delegates, preparatory to the primaries of our ruling party, the APC, and it is a convention that will produce him, by the Grace of God, as the next President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

In his remarks, Osinbajo thanked the emir and governor for the reception and hospitality accorded him, and the emir’s support at various times.

Osinbajo restated that having served as Vice President over the past seven years, he has been prepared for leadership and exposed “to all there is to know about governing.”

He added: “With the experience that God has given me and the exposure that I have had, including being acting President on occasions; if God enables me to become President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I think my experience, all I’ve learned, will be extremely useful.”

https://guardian.ng/news/gombe-gov-emir-apc-delegates-show-support-for-osinbajos-2023-presidential-bid/
Re: Gombe Gov, Emir, APC Delegates Show Support For Osinbajo’s 2023 Presidential Bid by Lanreju: 9:14am On May 11, 2022
Hnnmm
Re: Gombe Gov, Emir, APC Delegates Show Support For Osinbajo’s 2023 Presidential Bid by dheilaw1(m): 9:17am On May 11, 2022
The same Gombe governor whose Chief of Staff is Tinubu coordinator in the state?

1 Like

Re: Gombe Gov, Emir, APC Delegates Show Support For Osinbajo’s 2023 Presidential Bid by helinues: 9:18am On May 11, 2022
Good
Re: Gombe Gov, Emir, APC Delegates Show Support For Osinbajo’s 2023 Presidential Bid by Asgard13: 9:20am On May 11, 2022
Peter obi got Gombe on lock.. all this ones Na bobo.. cool
Re: Gombe Gov, Emir, APC Delegates Show Support For Osinbajo’s 2023 Presidential Bid by Jollylolly(f): 9:22am On May 11, 2022
dheilaw1:
The same Gombe governor whose Chief of Staff is Tinubu coordinator in the state?

so COS has power more than the governor who appointed him? who do cos controls the delegates?

1 Like

Re: Gombe Gov, Emir, APC Delegates Show Support For Osinbajo’s 2023 Presidential Bid by okefranci: 9:25am On May 11, 2022
Osinbajo must win the primaries by the grace of God
Re: Gombe Gov, Emir, APC Delegates Show Support For Osinbajo’s 2023 Presidential Bid by Zeemam: 9:41am On May 11, 2022
Osinbajo will win Primaries by the grace of Allah
Re: Gombe Gov, Emir, APC Delegates Show Support For Osinbajo’s 2023 Presidential Bid by Ebunoluwa2020(f): 9:54am On May 11, 2022
Osinbajo is the peoples choice
Re: Gombe Gov, Emir, APC Delegates Show Support For Osinbajo’s 2023 Presidential Bid by SHINJA: 9:56am On May 11, 2022
Osinbajo, the people choice

Even people from the land of cannibals like and support osinbajo..

God bless southsouth and southwest.
Re: Gombe Gov, Emir, APC Delegates Show Support For Osinbajo’s 2023 Presidential Bid by drlateef: 10:04am On May 11, 2022
Jollylolly:

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo’s engagement ahead of his 2023 presidential election bid has continued to receive increasing appeal, this time in Gombe State.

Specifically, on his visit to the state on Monday to meet with delegates and stakeholders of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Osinbajo received the endorsement of Governor Inuwa Yahaya and the blessings of Emir of Gombe, Alhaji Abubakar Shehu Abubakar, as well as stakeholders in the state.

On his arrival at the Gombe International Airport, Governor Yahaya received the Vice President, amid cheers from residents and supporters, who danced and sang along the way, as Osinbajo’s convoy entered the city.

Osinbajo later moved to the palace of the emir, where he intimated the monarch of his aspiration to become president, soliciting his prayers and support.

Speaking during the visit to the palace, Yahaya assured Osinbajo of support from the state, pledging also his personal commitment to the Vice President’s presidential aspiration.

Welcoming Osinbajo to the state, Yahaya said: “Today is yet another remarkable occasion, because on many occasions, the Vice President has been coming to the state as Vice President; but this time around, he has come to interact with our delegates, preparatory to the primaries of our ruling party, the APC, and it is a convention that will produce him, by the Grace of God, as the next President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

In his remarks, Osinbajo thanked the emir and governor for the reception and hospitality accorded him, and the emir’s support at various times.

Osinbajo restated that having served as Vice President over the past seven years, he has been prepared for leadership and exposed “to all there is to know about governing.”

He added: “With the experience that God has given me and the exposure that I have had, including being acting President on occasions; if God enables me to become President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I think my experience, all I’ve learned, will be extremely useful.”

https://guardian.ng/news/gombe-gov-emir-apc-delegates-show-support-for-osinbajos-2023-presidential-bid/

Gombe State is BAT state. Take that to the bank as sure banker. The COS yo the Governor is in charge of BAT support group. That’s enough indication for you OP. When PYO came he was greeted by scanty people. You check what happened when Tinubu came. He a grand reception, traditional dancers, a lot of people in very happy mood. You just check the full videos of both. You will know where their hearts lie.
Re: Gombe Gov, Emir, APC Delegates Show Support For Osinbajo’s 2023 Presidential Bid by DeleTaller: 10:11am On May 11, 2022
Jollylolly:

so COS has power more than the governor who appointed him? who do cos controls the delegates?

The Government and others needed to respect the office of the VP.... hence the only reason
they show face... go back to the same Gombe and read wetin the Gov said about Tinubu and the promised he made.
Re: Gombe Gov, Emir, APC Delegates Show Support For Osinbajo’s 2023 Presidential Bid by MikoB: 10:49am On May 11, 2022
Jollylolly:

Abi, some people can be very funny, anybody can be someone's cordinator, even the chief of staff is not even a delegate. The governor has spoken and that is what matters.
Re: Gombe Gov, Emir, APC Delegates Show Support For Osinbajo’s 2023 Presidential Bid by dheilaw1(m): 3:52pm On May 11, 2022
Jollylolly:

so you think the CoS would have the temerity to work against the candidate of his boss?
Re: Gombe Gov, Emir, APC Delegates Show Support For Osinbajo’s 2023 Presidential Bid by tinsel: 4:04pm On May 11, 2022
dheilaw1:
so you think the CoS would have the temerity to work against the candidate of his boss?
I don't know how some of you think and reason.So for the fact that the chief of staff of a serving governor leads his campaign does not show you anything? Forget what the governor said. Osibanjo is the VP, he must say something to respect that office

(1) (Reply)

Pro-ASUU,CAN Street Protests Plan: Arew Group Wants New Date For Party Primaries / EFCC Arrested Another Senator Over Embezzlement Of Money / Delegates: When Your Political Career Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.