Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses (1479 Views)

Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe About Gay & What The Bible Says About Homosexuality / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by oteneaaron(m): 7:49am On May 12, 2022
The Norwegian government said it would no longer provide funding to the Jehovah’s Witnesses because of the religious sect’s cult-like practices.

Backed by the law, Norway pays an annual grant to every religious group in the country depending on the number of members in their fold.

According to the Norwegian government’s Ministry of Children and Family Affairs, in 2021, there were 12,686 registered Jehovah’s Witnesses in the country.

That number meant taxpayers were on the hook to give the Witnesses more than NOK 16 million (roughly $1,778,793 in U.S. dollars) in support.

That is about $140 per member.

So why would the Norwegian Government all of a sudden stop funding Jehovah's Witnesses?

Well, the Norwegian religious community act states that -

If a religious or philosophical community, or individuals acting on behalf of the community, commits violence or coercion, makes threats, violates children’s rights, violates statutory discrimination prohibitions or in other ways seriously violates the rights and freedoms of others, society may be denied grants or grants may be suspended. Grants may also be refused or reduced if society encourages or provides support for violations mentioned in this section.

Religious or philosophical communities that accept grants from states that do not respect the right to freedom of religion or belief may be denied grants.

So the question now is this - If Norway has stopped paying an annual grant of almost $2m to Jehovah's Witnesses, does this mean that they (JWs) have broken the law?

Let's dig deeper to understand what really happened..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a5yE2PzVVk

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by Baawaa(m): 7:50am On May 12, 2022
We don hear
Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by FatherOfJesus: 7:51am On May 12, 2022
Let me hear from MaxInDHouse and cornelboy
Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 7:51am On May 12, 2022
Okay.patronise us today for your power steering pump of all car models. New or toks
Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by oteneaaron(m): 7:52am On May 12, 2022
Last year, the government said it would begin looking into the Witnesses after two former members and a separate (anonymous) whistleblower sent letters explaining that the Witnesses were in violation of the rules.

It’s not that the JW beliefs were secrets or anything. It’s more likely that government officials needed to act deliberately and get their paperwork in order before they could take any kind of action. Those letters got the ball rolling.

Some of those claims were debatable. For example, the Witnesses say members can’t get involved in politics, and that means JWs never vote in elections.

One former member argued that since voting in an election could lead to expulsion by the Witnesses — which means members couldn’t interact with youthat qualified as a violation of the rules.

The Witnesses responded by saying they had every right to set their own policies, and if someone wanted to vote, they were freely deciding to leave the fold. There was nothing coercive about it.

But there were other concerns that the government took very seriously...

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by FatherOfJesus: 7:52am On May 12, 2022
oteneaaron:
The Norwegian government said it would no longer provide funding to the Jehovah’s Witnesses because of the religious sect’s cult-like practices.

Backed by the law, Norway pays an annual grant to every religious group in the country depending on the number of members in their fold.

According to the Norwegian government’s Ministry of Children and Family Affairs, in 2021, there were 12,686 registered Jehovah’s Witnesses in the country.

That number meant taxpayers were on the hook to give the Witnesses more than NOK 16 million (roughly $1,778,793 in U.S. dollars) in support.

So why would the Norwegian Government all of a sudden stop funding Jehovah's Witnesses?

If a religious or philosophical community, or individuals acting on behalf of the community, commits violence or coercion, makes threats, violates children’s rights, violates statutory discrimination prohibitions or in other ways seriously violates the rights and freedoms of others, society may be denied grants or grants may be suspended. Grants may also be refused or reduced if society encourages or provides support for violations mentioned in this section.

Religious or philosophical communities that accept grants from states that do not respect the right to freedom of religion or belief may be denied grants.

So the question now is this - If Norway has stopped paying an annual grant of almost $2m to Jehovah's Witnesses, does this mean that they (JWs) have broken the law?

Jehovah witness is an extremely fanatical sect of Christianity.
Their followers don't have functioning brains and the govenrment knows this.
You will soon see evidence when MaxInDHouse and cornelboy gets here

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by oteneaaron(m): 7:55am On May 12, 2022
The concerns about the JWs - part one

In a written statement from the state administrator in Oslo and Viken, there are two Jehovah’s Witness beliefs that are particularly egregious as far as the law goes:

1. The Witnesses engage in the practice of Disfellowshipping:

That means former JWs who leave the religion are effectively excommunicated. Members are told not to have any interactions with them.

The idea here is that the former members will get so lonely or depressed that they’ll eventually come crawling back. There’s no shortage of families that have been torn apart because of this.

The state administrator wrote that Norwegian law requires all religions that receive government subsidies to practice a “right to free withdrawal.”

If there’s a serious obstacle to leaving a religion, that’s arguably a violation of the law. Disfellowshipping, the administrator wrote, “can cause members to feel pressured to remain in the faith community.”

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by oteneaaron(m): 8:03am On May 12, 2022
The concerns about the JWs - part two

2. A similar policy applies to children. If a child in a JW family “makes it a habit to break the moral standards of the Bible and does not repent,” the Witnesses teach, they are also to be treated as pariahs.

That means a young teenager (baptized or not) who quits the religion is subject to exclusion from religious members.

While their immediate families don’t have to kick them out of the house, the state administrator said the Witnesses believe that child can no longer “have contact with other close family (including grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins) or friends.”

That puts pressure on the child to remain in the fold — a violation of their own rights under the law. (“We consider social isolation as a form of punishment against the child.”)

Because of those two “systematic and intentional” offenses, neither of which can be denied by the Witnesses themselves, the state administrator concluded that the Witnesses are not deserving of the subsidies. The Jehovah’s Witnesses are still allowed to practice their faith, of course. They just won’t get any taxpayer money for it.

So basically, Jehovah's Witnesses in Norway have lost nearly $2 million of annual free money.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by Creamypie(m): 8:06am On May 12, 2022
Jehovah knows how to arrange circumstances, to cope if we put all our burdens on him, following his path

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by oteneaaron(m): 8:19am On May 12, 2022
For an organization that says it is the "only true religion", I expected that this announcement by the Norwegian Government would not disturb the JWs

Because after all, what is $2m free annual money mean when this is "Satan's World"?

God's Organization does not need any of Satan's free money.

Or so I thought.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses wrote an email appealing this decision by Norway.

Fabian Fond at the branch office of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Scandinavia, writes in an e-mail to NRK that they are disappointed:

“The decision will be appealed. The appeal process will give us an opportunity to clearly explain why our faith and religious practices fully respect the rights and freedoms of others.”

Fond further writes that no one is forced or pressured to become, or continue to be, one of Jehovah’s Witnesses:

“It is worth noting that trials in several lands have confirmed the right of Jehovah’s Witnesses to exclude persons who choose not to live by the moral standards of the Bible.

As a registered religious community in Norway, Jehovah’s Witnesses have been eligible to receive government grants for more than 30 years.

Oh so Jehovah's Witnesses have been collecting Satan's free money for over 30 years!

Interesting.

Proof -

https://www.nrk.no/norge/jehovas-vitner-nektes-statsstotte-for-2021-1.15830483

https://onlysky.media/hemant-mehta/norway-will-no-longer-fund-the-jehovahs-witnesses/

https://avoidjw.org/featured/jehovahs-witnesses-loses-appeal-in-norway/

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by oteneaaron(m): 8:30am On May 12, 2022
But fortunately, the Norwegian Government rejected their appeal and the order for their funding to be stopped was upheld.

See images below showing pages showing the rejection of the appeal from the Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Zoom in to view.

Let me know if you need the link to download it for yourself.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by oteneaaron(m): 8:32am On May 12, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
Their followers don't have function brains and the govenrment knows this.

You got that right.

They are both fanatics and hypocrites at the same freaking time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by oteneaaron(m): 8:53am On May 12, 2022
Creamypie:
Jehovah knows how to arrange circumstances, to cope if we put all our burdens on him, following his path

Should Jehovah's organization be collecting any money from Satan's World?

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by Creamypie(m): 8:57am On May 12, 2022
oteneaaron:

Should Jehovah's organization be collecting any money from Satan's World?
certainly not bro. I didn't go through, I knew the motive behind the write up
Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by oteneaaron(m): 9:12am On May 12, 2022
Creamypie:
certainly not bro

Exactly my point!.

So why has Jehovah's organization in Norway been collecting free money from Satan's World for over 30 years?

And even now that the funding has been blocked, why are they appealing the block?

What does Jehovah's organization need with free money from Satan's World to the extent of sending an appeal to their decision?

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by cornelboy(f): 4:12pm On May 12, 2022
oteneaaron:

You got that right.
They are both fanatics and hypocrites at the same freaking time.
Lol.
Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by cornelboy(f): 4:13pm On May 12, 2022
FatherOfJesus:

Does your brain function?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by cornelboy(f): 4:30pm On May 12, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
Let me hear from MaxInDHouse and cornelboy

I know your seeking attention. I'll give you a little.
Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by FatherOfJesus: 6:27pm On May 12, 2022
cornelboy:

Does your brain function?
yes it does, that's why I am not a witness

6 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:48pm On May 12, 2022
cornelboy:

I know your seeking attention. I'll give you a little.
Just imagine what this ones will do if they're opportuned to have the privilege of handling a case involving a JW! embarassed
That's why I ignore them when there's no innocent individual around! smiley

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by Janosky: 8:33pm On May 12, 2022
FatherOfJesus:

I challenge you to show Nairaland the political party that Jesus Christ, Paul or Peter belonged to.

If you have a functional brain you won't come online to provide evidence of your stupidity
. grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by Janosky: 8:38pm On May 12, 2022
FatherOfJesus:

Acts 3:13 , Matthew 12:15-18 &Isaiah 43:10 (ASV), Jesus Christ and your own Bible proven Jesus Christ is a Jehovah's witness.

Jehovah God does not force anyone to worship Him.
Oga, continue to worship your 3 deities
Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by FatherOfJesus: 8:38pm On May 12, 2022
Janosky:

I challenge you to show Nairaland the political party that Jesus Christ, Paul or Peter belonged to.

If you have a functional brain you won't come online to provide evidence of your stupidity
. grin
Jesus and his attributes are mythical.
He never existed as far as I am concerned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by Janosky: 8:46pm On May 12, 2022
oteneaaron:
Last year, the government said it would begin looking into the Witnesses after two former members and a separate (anonymous) whistleblower sent letters explaining that the Witnesses were in violation of the rules.

It’s not that the JW beliefs were secrets or anything. It’s more likely that government officials needed to act deliberately and get their paperwork in order before they could take any kind of action. Those letters got the ball rolling.

1.Some of those claims were debatable. For example, the Witnesses say members can’t get involved in politics, and that means JWs never vote in elections.

One former member argued that since voting in an election could lead to expulsion by the Witnesses — which means members couldn’t interact with you 2— that qualified as a violation of the rules.

The Witnesses responded by saying they had every right to set their own policies, 3 and if someone wanted to vote, they were freely deciding to leave the fold. There was nothing coercive about it.

But there were other concerns that the government took very seriously...
1. It's debatable that those respondents made false claims.
You said JWs restrict your freedom and you left to enjoy your so called "freedom", which rules violation are you throwing tantrums about?

Which Norwegian law says everybody must interact with you?

Yes nau.
Valid point.
Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by Janosky: 8:48pm On May 12, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
Jesus and his attributes are mythical.
He never existed as far as I am concerned.

So you fathered someone who never existed?
You well?
grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by Janosky: 8:52pm On May 12, 2022
oteneaaron:

Exactly my point!.

So why has Jehovah's organization in Norway been collecting free money from Satan's World for over 30 years?

And even now that the funding has been blocked, why are they appealing the block?

What does Jehovah's organization need with free money from Satan's World to the extent of sending an appeal to their decision?
Make use of unrighteous riches, according to Jesus Christ.

This guy too like mullah !
Na your money?grin

Oga, continue wailing oooo!
Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by Janosky: 8:55pm On May 12, 2022
oteneaaron:

Should Jehovah's organization be collectiing any money from Satan's World?
This is just blatant, undisguised envy.
Oga,go form your Church inside Norway and receive the mullah.
Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by FatherOfJesus: 8:59pm On May 12, 2022
Janosky:

You well?
grin grin
Yes, I work in mysterious ways my brother

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by cornelboy(f): 9:26pm On May 12, 2022
FatherOfJesus:

If I'm not a witness, what should I be if it would make my brain function?

You no get sense na.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by Maynman: 7:46am On May 13, 2022
Janosky:

You well?
grin grin

Jesus is a Latin name for male child.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses by Courz: 6:38pm On Dec 23, 2022
oteneaaron:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a5yE2PzVVk

Not only that, The Norway Government has deregistered Jehovah's witnesses. They are no longer recognised as a Religion due to their Shunning policies that go against the Government rules of being recognised as a Religion.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nudity In The House Of God, I Can’t Believe This / Yisraylite, How Come You Believe Dat D New Testament Is Fake / Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.