Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? (1480 Views)

Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / 144 Virgins To Organise Birthday Party For Olumba Olumba Obu In Calabar / Jesus Christ Is Not One Man, Jesus Christ Is 144,000 Men. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by FXKing2012(m): 3:40pm On Dec 16, 2012
Revelation chapters 7 and 14 suggest only 144,000 people will make/are in heaven.

Luke 3 and Matthew 3 says no one born of a woman is as great as John the baptist.
Matthew 11:11 says the lowest ranking person in heaven is greater than John the Baptist.

Now my question is, from the above verses, does it mean only 144,000 pple will make heaven and does it also mean John the baptist is not in heaven?

I need Bible scholars such as Goshen360 and others to shed light on these.
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by FXKing2012(m): 4:38pm On Dec 16, 2012
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 16, 2012
WE ARE WAITING FOR GOSHEN. LETS SEE HIS TAKE ON THIS HERE ISSUE
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by mygirrl: 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2012
There are more than 144,000 peoplle in heaven. John the baptiste made heaven but because he started to doubt that Jesus was the messaih Jesus said he will be the least in heaven
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 16, 2012
buzugee most of your doctrine might be wrong cos u take the bible too metaphorically. I pray u see the truth. I will never listen to u again . this is unrelated to ur post ..
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 16, 2012
jacobscros: buzugee most of your doctrine might be wrong cos u take the bible too metaphorically. I pray u see the truth. I will never listen to u again . this is unrelated to ur post ..
grin grin HEY I DO WHAT I DO. I AINT FORCING NOTHING ON NO ONE grin

AND IT AINT MY DOCTRINE. THE TRUTH IS UNPOPULAR. YOU STILL MAD BECAUSE I DID NOT GIVE YOU THE GO AHEAD TO MAS-TURBATE TO PO-RN ? grin
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 16, 2012
obadiah777: grin grin HEY I DO WHAT I DO. I AINT FORCING NOTHING ON NO ONE grin

AND IT AINT MY DOCTRINE. THE TRUTH IS UNPOPULAR. YOU STILL MAD BECAUSE I DID NOT GIVE YOU THE GO AHEAD TO MAS-TURBATE TO PO-RN ? grin
it's not the truth cos ur the only one who believes ur stuff.Go to church dude and get schooled. selah grin
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by buzugee(m): 7:31pm On Dec 16, 2012
jacobscros: it's not the truth cos ur the only one who believes ur stuff.Go to church dude and get schooled. selah grin
LIKE I SAID, THE TRUTH IS NOT POPULAR. CHRIST HAD MANY ENEMIES BECAUSE HE SPOKE THE TRUTH. PEOPLE LIKE YOU WANT TO HEAR SWEET THINGS

ISAIAH 30 VS 10 Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits: <<<< WHO YOU ARE. THE LORD HAS SEEN PEOPLE LIKE YOU FROM THE BEGINING OF TIME. YOU WANT TO HEAR SWEET THINGS. YOU WANT TO GO TO CHURCH TO SOCIALIZE AND HEAR SMOOTH THINGS. ANYWAY THE POINT IS YOU HEARD THE TRUTH. NOW YOU CAN REGRESS BACK TO FABLES. YOU ARE COMMITTED. YOU HEARD THE TRUTH BUT SCOFFED. YOU WANTED SMOOTH EASY THINGS
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by FXKing2012(m): 7:58pm On Dec 16, 2012
mygirrl: There are more than 144,000 peoplle in heaven. John the baptiste made heaven but because he started to doubt that Jesus was the messaih Jesus said he will be the least in heaven

pls where is it in the bible that John doubted Jesus?
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by mygirrl: 11:38pm On Dec 16, 2012
if you read luke chapter 7 vs 18 you will see it then also read luke 7 vs 28
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by FXKing2012(m): 6:40am On Dec 17, 2012
mygirrl: if you read luke chapter 7 vs 18 you will see it then also read luke 7 vs 28

Luke 7:18-28
New International Version:
18 John’s disciples told him about all
these things. Calling two of them,
19 he sent them to the Lord to ask,
“Are you the one who is to come, or
should we expect someone else?”
20 When the men came to Jesus, they
said, “John the Baptist sent us to you
to ask, ‘Are you the one who is to
come, or should we expect someone
else?’”
21 At that very time Jesus cured many
who had diseases, sicknesses and evil
spirits, and gave sight to many who
were blind. 22 So he replied to the
messengers, “Go back and report to
John what you have seen and heard:
The blind receive sight, the lame walk,
those who have leprosy [a ] are
cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are
raised, and the good news is
proclaimed to the poor. 23 Blessed is
anyone who does not stumble on
account of me.”
24 After John’s messengers left, Jesus
began to speak to the crowd about
John: “What did you go out into the
wilderness to see? A reed swayed by
the wind? 25 If not, what did you go
out to see? A man dressed in fine
clothes? No, those who wear
expensive clothes and indulge in
luxury are in palaces. 26 But what did
you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I
tell you, and more than a prophet.
27 This is the one about whom it is
written:
28 I tell you, among those born of
women there is no one greater than
John; yet the one who is least in the
kingdom of God is greater than he.”

I dont see how John doubted Jesus. He had not met Jesus so he simply sent his disciples to Jesus to ask if He is the messiah.

1 Like

Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by Todaynatoday: 10:11am On Dec 17, 2012
FXKing2012:

else?’”

account of me.”
written:

I dont see how John doubted Jesus. He had not met Jesus so he simply sent his disciples to Jesus to ask if He is the messiah.
The underlined words connote doubt and he already met Jesus when he baptized Him.
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by mygirrl: 10:20am On Dec 17, 2012
FXKing2012:

else?’”
account of me.”
written:

John the baptist was Jesus' cousin so he knew about Jesus, he was also aware of his purpose on earth (to prepare the way for Jesus) fore runner of Christ. he already met Jesus when he baptized him.
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 17, 2012
I SEE NO ONE DONE THIS QUESTION JUSTICE YET.

YES THERE WILL ONLY BE 144,000 IN THE NEW HEAVEN AND TRUST ME WHEN I SAY EVEN YOU WERE IN THE RUNNING TO BE PART OF THE 144000. EVERY SPIRIT CREATED HAD A CHANCE TO BE PART OF THE 144000. THE LORD IS FAIR AND JUST. SO THE 144,000 WERE SELECTED BEFORE THE FLOOD AND BEFORE THE WORLD WAS HANDED OVER TO THE GENTILES ( THOSE WHO DIDNT MAKE THE 144,000 ) TO RULE ( STARTING OUT WITH NIMROD OF THE ANCIENT BABYLONIAN EMPIRE ).

HOWEVER THE REST OF THE PEOPLE WILL MAKE IT INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN UNDER DIFFERENT POSITIONS

MALACHI 3 VS 18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

NEW HEAVEN = LEADERSHIP.
KINGDOM OF HEAVEN = THE EARTH UNDER THE NEW LEADERSHIP ( THE 144,000 WILL RULE FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER. THE EARTH BELONGS TO THEM NOW. THE RIGHTEOUS SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH )

OTHER PART OF THE QUESTION ABOUT JOHN THE BAPTIST. JOHN THE BAPTIST WAS A PRETTY RIGHTEOUS MAN, HOWEVER HE IS STILL A HUMAN BEING WHO HAS THE ABILITY TO SIN. A MAN IS ONLY AS STRONG AS HIS WEAKEST LINK. SO THAT MEANS HE IS NOT THAT STRONG BECAUSE HIS WEAKEST LINK IS HIS SINFUL NATURE. HOWEVER IN HEAVEN THE NEW CONVENANT KICKS IN AND THE LAWS WILL BE WRITTEN IN THE INWARD PARTS ( HEBREWS 10 VS 16 ) OF THE 144,000, MEANING THEY CANNOT SIN AGAIN BECAUSE THEIR SINFUL NATURE HAS BEEN REMOVED. AND SEEING AS MAN IS ONLY AS STRONG AS HIS WEAKEST LINK AND THEY HAVE NO WEAK LINK, THAT MEANS WILL BE VERY POWERFUL AND HIGH RANKING.( YOU DONT GET ANY HIGHER THAN OWNING THE WORLD-PSALMS 37 VS 29. JOHN THE BAPTIST NEVER OWNED THE WORLD. )
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by FXKing2012(m): 1:09pm On Dec 17, 2012
obadiah777: I SEE NO ONE DONE THIS QUESTION JUSTICE YET.

YES THERE WILL ONLY BE 144,000 IN THE NEW HEAVEN AND TRUST ME WHEN I SAY EVEN YOU WERE IN THE RUNNING TO BE PART OF THE 144000. EVERY SPIRIT CREATED HAD A CHANCE TO BE PART OF THE 144000. THE LORD IS FAIR AND JUST. SO THE 144,000 WERE SELECTED BEFORE THE FLOOD AND BEFORE THE WORLD WAS HANDED OVER TO THE GENTILES ( THOSE WHO DIDNT MAKE THE 144,000 ) TO RULE ( STARTING OUT WITH NIMROD OF THE ANCIENT BABYLONIAN EMPIRE ).

HOWEVER THE REST OF THE PEOPLE WILL MAKE IT INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN UNDER DIFFERENT POSITIONS

MALACHI 3 VS 18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

NEW HEAVEN = LEADERSHIP.
KINGDOM OF HEAVEN = THE EARTH UNDER THE NEW LEADERSHIP ( THE 144,000 WILL RULE FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER. THE EARTH BELONGS TO THEM NOW. THE RIGHTEOUS SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH )

OTHER PART OF THE QUESTION ABOUT JOHN THE BAPTIST. JOHN THE BAPTIST WAS A PRETTY RIGHTEOUS MAN, HOWEVER HE IS STILL A HUMAN BEING WHO HAS THE ABILITY TO SIN. A MAN IS ONLY AS STRONG AS HIS WEAKEST LINK. SO THAT MEANS HE IS NOT THAT STRONG BECAUSE HIS WEAKEST LINK IS HIS SINFUL NATURE. HOWEVER IN HEAVEN THE NEW CONVENANT KICKS IN AND THE LAWS WILL BE WRITTEN IN THE INWARD PARTS ( HEBREWS 10 VS 16 ) OF THE 144,000, MEANING THEY CANNOT SIN AGAIN BECAUSE THEIR SINFUL NATURE HAS BEEN REMOVED. AND SEEING AS MAN IS ONLY AS STRONG AS HIS WEAKEST LINK AND THEY HAVE NO WEAK LINK, THAT MEANS WILL BE VERY POWERFUL AND HIGH RANKING.( YOU DONT GET ANY HIGHER THAN OWNING THE WORLD-PSALMS 37 VS 29. JOHN THE BAPTIST NEVER OWNED THE WORLD. )

But how can some pple inherit this world when Jesus Himself said this world will be destroyed and no stone shall be left on top of another.
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 17, 2012
FXKing2012:

But how can some pple inherit this world when Jesus Himself said this world will be destroyed and no stone shall be left on top of another.
THE WORLD WILL NOT BE DESTROYED. THE WORLD IS HERE FOREVER. CAN YOU QUOTE THE VERSE IN QUESTION ?

ECCLESIASTES 1 VS 4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever <<< THE EARTH IS HERE FOREVER
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 17, 2012
FXKing2012:

I think that part of the prophecy was fulfilled in 70AD when the Israelites were kicked out into exile.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)

Mark 13:2:

And Jesus answering said unto him, See these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by kieryn(f): 3:38pm On Dec 17, 2012
If John the Baptist is lower than the lowest person in heaven. Then he not in heaven. Then where is he?
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 17, 2012
BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS WORLD ( AS QUOTED BY FX ) AND THESE GREAT BUILDINGS ( AS QUOTED BY DX). I THINK FX IS MIXING SCRIPTURES UP IN HIS HEAD.
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 17, 2012
obadiah777: BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS WORLD ( AS QUOTED BY FX ) AND THESE GREAT BUILDINGS ( AS QUOTED BY DX). I THINK FX IS MIXING SCRIPTURES UP IN HIS HEAD.

Right on point sire! How have you been bro? It's been a while...

1 Like

Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 17, 2012
doubleDx:

Right on point sire! How have you been bro? It's been a while...
I BEEN AIIITTTT MY BRETHREN DX. JUST LIVING THIS LIFE BRAH. WHAT CAN A MAN DO ? TRUST ALL IS JOLLOFIN AT YA END CHIEF wink AND YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT WHEN YOU SAID 70 AD

1 Like

Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by mygirrl: 7:18pm On Dec 17, 2012
kieryn: If John the Baptist is lower than the lowest person in heaven. Then he not in heaven. Then where is he?

John the baptist is in heaven> Jesus made that statement because John the baptist doubted him> today before you can give your life to Christ you have to believe in Jesus Christ as your lord and personal saviour. So can you see what Jesus meant when he said the least person in Heaven is greater than John the Baptist
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by kieryn(f): 10:18pm On Dec 17, 2012
mygirrl:

John the baptist is in heaven> Jesus made that statement because John the baptist doubted him> today before you can give your life to Christ you have to believe in Jesus Christ as your lord and personal saviour. So can you see what Jesus meant when he said the least person in Heaven is greater than John the Baptist

I don't get it. If you lower than the lowest person in school, that lower than those in nursery, than you not in school. .....I don't get it.

1 Like

Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by mygirrl: 12:31am On Dec 18, 2012
kieryn:

I don't get it. If you lower than the lowest person in school, that lower than those in nursery, than you not in school. .....I don't get it.

I will ask you one question. Do you read your Bible? If you do then it won't be too difficult for you to comprehend
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by Ndipe(m): 4:17am On Dec 18, 2012
144,000 thousand people referred to (and falsely taught by Jehovah's witness as only those who would go to heaven) are actually drawn from the tribes of Israel.

http://www.wake-up.org/Revelation/Rev144.htm
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 18, 2012
Ndipe: 144,000 thousand people referred to (and falsely taught by Jehovah's witness as only those who would go to heaven) are actually drawn from the tribes of Israel.

http://www.wake-up.org/Revelation/Rev144.htm
THE TRIBE OF ISRAEL IS THE FORMER OF ALL THINGS. JEREMIAH 10 VS 16.
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by kieryn(f): 2:19am On Dec 19, 2012
mygirrl:

I will ask you one question. Do you read your Bible? If you do then it won't be too difficult for you to comprehend

Dang. If I don't understand something I must not read my bible..hmm what a cop out. People read their bible and have no idea what they are reading its not the easiest book to understand. SMH......
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by FXKing2012(m): 5:41pm On Dec 26, 2012
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by trolling(m): 8:15pm On Dec 26, 2012
FXKing2012: Revelation chapters 7 and 14 suggest only 144,000 people will make/are in heaven.

Luke 3 and Matthew 3 says no one born of a woman is as great as John the baptist.
Matthew 11:11 says the lowest ranking person in heaven is greater than John the Baptist.

Now my question is, from the above verses, does it mean only 144,000 pple will make heaven and does it also mean John the baptist is not in heaven?

I need Bible scholars such as Goshen360 and others to shed light on these.
you have to understand that there's an hierachy, there are saints who are above the 144000,moreso the 144000 are here on earth not in heaven, you should know we would have Governors(house of judah),princes,priests who would be here on earth when the kingdom is set up
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by FXKing2012(m): 10:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
trolling:
you have to understand that there's an hierachy, there are saints who are above the 144000,moreso the 144000 are here on earth not in heaven, you should know we would have Governors(house of judah),princes,priests who would be here on earth when the kingdom is set up

u sound like Jehovah's witness
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by trolling(m): 10:57pm On Dec 26, 2012
FXKing2012:

u sound like Jehovah's witness
i am Hebrew Israelite,i practise judaism
Re: Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven? by FXKing2012(m): 9:18am On Feb 22, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Christian Testimony Thread - Testify Of God's Miracles Here! / I Need All Healing Verses On Mathew, Mark, Luke & John / The Timeline Of Religious Invention.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.