Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Top 25 Bjarne Stroustrup Quotes (inventor Of C++ Programming Language). - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Top 25 Bjarne Stroustrup Quotes (inventor Of C++ Programming Language). (385 Views)

The Future Of C++ Programming Language– Is It Still Among The Trends? / Learnt The Basic Of C Programming.. But It's Still Not Making Any Sense To Me.. / C Programming Assignment Help ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 25 Bjarne Stroustrup Quotes (inventor Of C++ Programming Language). by Ayietim(m): 2:26pm On May 12, 2022
Bjarne Stroustrup was born on 30 December 1950. He is a Danish computer scientist, most notable for the invention and development of the C++ programming language. He is a visiting professor at Columbia University, and works at Morgan Stanley as a managing director in New York.
Source – Wikipedia.

Top 25 Bjarne Stroustrup Quotes:

The first law of computer science: Every problem is solved by yet another indirection.
2. C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off.

3. C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don’t have ideas or don’t have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn’t offer much help.

4. The most important single aspect of software development is to be clear about what you are trying to build.

5. The most fundamental problem in software development is complexity. There is only one basic way of dealing with complexity: divide and conquer

6. There are only two kinds of languages: the ones people complain about and the ones nobody uses.

7. Do not proceed with a mess; messes just grow with time.

8. It’s easy to win forgiveness for being wrong; being right is what gets you into real trouble.

9. A program that has not been tested does not work.

10. Proof by analogy is fraud.

https://ayietim.com/2022/05/12/top-25-bjarne-stroustrup-quotes-inventor-of-c-programming-language/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Top 25 Bjarne Stroustrup Quotes (inventor Of C++ Programming Language). by airsaylongcome: 2:45pm On May 12, 2022
Bjarne and Silberschatz (Operating Systems) were big inspiration when men were still boys
Re: Top 25 Bjarne Stroustrup Quotes (inventor Of C++ Programming Language). by qtguru(m): 5:57pm On May 12, 2022
This is one of the few people I look up to, him and Linus tovard.
Re: Top 25 Bjarne Stroustrup Quotes (inventor Of C++ Programming Language). by ArcheKit: 6:19pm On May 12, 2022
Indeed the heart of computing is to acknowledge those before you and leave something for those after you, wonderful. Nigerian software developers should be looking at these kinds of threads instead of one's about money, crypto or landing a job
Re: Top 25 Bjarne Stroustrup Quotes (inventor Of C++ Programming Language). by spartan117(m): 9:54am On May 13, 2022
ArcheKit:
Indeed the heart of computing is to acknowledge those before you and leave something for those after you, wonderful. Nigerian software developers should be looking at these kinds of threads instead of one's about money, crypto or landing a job
They should look at these kind of threads plus the one's you mentioned wink
Re: Top 25 Bjarne Stroustrup Quotes (inventor Of C++ Programming Language). by airsaylongcome: 10:19am On May 13, 2022
ArcheKit:

The list of those authors whose books positively influenced me are endless

There was the really old Computer Science by C.S French

Andrew Tannenbaum (Computer Networks)

Elmasri Navathe (Database which I totally hated as I never understood the concepts of Normalisation up to Backus-Naur Form)

Deitel and Deitel
Re: Top 25 Bjarne Stroustrup Quotes (inventor Of C++ Programming Language). by ArcheKit: 12:32pm On May 13, 2022
airsaylongcome:

The list of those authors whose books positively influenced me are endless

There was the really old Computer Science by C.S French

Andrew Tannenbaum (Computer Networks)

Elmasri Navathe (Database which I totally hated as I never understood the concepts of Normalisation up to Backus-Naur Form)

Deitel and Deitel
Nice ones are you a cs major by chance?
Re: Top 25 Bjarne Stroustrup Quotes (inventor Of C++ Programming Language). by airsaylongcome: 12:36pm On May 13, 2022
ArcheKit:

Nice ones are you a cs major by chance?

I studied CS as first degree

(1) (Reply)

How To Mint Gas-free Nft On Opensea / Simple Scientific Calculator Made With Javascript / General Exception

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.