Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,337 members, 7,829,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead (97885 Views)

Breaking News: Nollywood SAD Again, Actor Gbenga Richards Dead / Nollywood Actor, Gbenga Ajumoko Is Dead / Gbenga Adeyinka Shares Amazing Weight Loss Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by OBoy50: 10:21pm On May 12, 2022
A very simple and easy going action film dude... Back to back
Now he is gone!
I have only Emma ehumadu and Kelvin books to entertain me with actions.
Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by princennaemeka(m): 10:21pm On May 12, 2022
Another great actor gone.
Rest in peace sinner man
God1000:
Nollywood actor Gbenga Richard AKA sinner man in the movie titled new Jerusalem has been confirmed dead

He died Thursday morning after battling an unknown ailment.

The once vibrant actor who was a force to reckon with in the 1990s and early 2000s according to reports suffered from series of ailments and raising money for his treatment became difficult.

Richard was reportedly suffering from diabetes and other related ailments.

May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 12, 2022
Sinner man
@last men of New Jerusalem
Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by aalangel(f): 10:22pm On May 12, 2022
With impeccable English...so sad.
Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 12, 2022
Zchi1052:
Choi,sad

So sad watching those that put smiles on our faces dying like fowl...
where have we gone wrong?
What's happening
Why deaths everytime

Let's go back to the days of our Great Great grandfather's traditional...

This I have seen as the only remedy

Rest in peace the SINNER MAN
you watch am too? Cross finish Sinner man ooooo
Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by Josephkabila12: 10:23pm On May 12, 2022
Cheh RIP Gbenga Richard. I remember him very in new Jerusalem
Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by AriseNews: 10:25pm On May 12, 2022
Hollybratt:
Sorry to say, this is because i watch yoruba movie i don't watch igbo or english movies

Omo! So they are people who understand English so well and watch only tribal movies?
Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by LEXYLOV: 10:25pm On May 12, 2022
Huh angryHe usually acted police or intelligent officers in movies. Woooow, so sad :omay his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by Searchingvictor: 10:27pm On May 12, 2022
Rip. I remember his film he did FBI with the this other popular guy
Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by excel101(m): 10:27pm On May 12, 2022
He's been around for quite sometime, in the industry (in the 80s). May his gentle soul rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by 360command: 10:28pm On May 12, 2022
Nollywood needs to come up with a health insurance scheme for their actors and actress..
Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by Shadysen: 10:29pm On May 12, 2022
He gaves good vibes back then, rest on sinner man.
Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by staga: 10:30pm On May 12, 2022
If you ever watched Mirror in the Sun (1984), you would recognize him. He had a heroin addiction at a time in his life. He beat it but looks like the long-term damage caught up with him.
Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by humberjade: 10:30pm On May 12, 2022
Hollybratt:
Sorry to say, this is because i watch yoruba movie i don't watch igbo or english movies

He acted in some Yoruba movies too...with Tade Ogidan and the likes

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by DOTian: 10:30pm On May 12, 2022
subsidywise18:

Nope, it's because

1.People don't take their drugs as and at when scheduled

2.People don't exercise regularly

3.People don't watch what they eat...more vegetables, less carbs.

I would even argue that more people are surviving diabetes, hypertension and prostate cancer. In the good old days, people died from the thing in high numbers because we did not have good enough drugs, and early detection was poor.

I can assure you that these illnesses were not as rampant in the olden days as they are today.

I know about half a dozen people around me that dealt with prostate cancer, all of them my Dads age mates. But not same with my grand pas agemates, who seem to have lived to use the "walking sticks". So why's it that the generation following them are dying without being old enough to use the "walking sticks". Using this as a yardstick to analyze health realities around us in recent times, i can't help but think that Something triggered these.

Not taking appropriate care of the treatment procedures is only a problem because we now have some sort of epidemic in these areas. The big question is; what were the major changes in our diets, that helped cause this escalation?Fertilizer? Fast foods? Prepared foods? GM foods? Or is it even environmental changes?
Something is wrong somewhere..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by ottersberger(m): 10:31pm On May 12, 2022
There's no spiritual curse in Nollywood. What is ravaging our local movie scene is an economic curse. These mid-aged people are exiting because most do not have the financial means to treat the most basic ailments. This is the whole truth.

But that ugly reality is not limited to our actors, this is the story of most Nigerians. Gone too soon posters are no longer uncommon sights, they are now national monuments in our country.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by Omooba77: 10:31pm On May 12, 2022
God1000:
Nollywood actor Gbenga Richard AKA sinner man in the movie titled new Jerusalem has been confirmed dead

He died Thursday morning after battling an unknown ailment.

The once vibrant actor who was a force to reckon with in the 1990s and early 2000s according to reports suffered from series of ailments and raising money for his treatment became difficult.

Richard was reportedly suffering from diabetes and other related ailments.

May his soul rest in peace.
The man used to play the role of don or criminal in English and Yoruba film.....May God rest his soul...He should be over 60 years....
Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by Shadysen: 10:31pm On May 12, 2022
[quote author=Searchingvictor post=112775932]Rip. I remember his film he did FBI with the this other popular guy[/quoote]gentle jack.
Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by dex4sure: 10:31pm On May 12, 2022
This life eeeeh....RIP boss man
Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by Hezmatosky: 10:31pm On May 12, 2022
Ewooooooooooooo!
Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by ukaface(f): 10:32pm On May 12, 2022
DOTian:
Nigerians don't think deeply.
There's a rise in cases of high blood pressure, diabetes and prostate cancer in this country. But nobody asks questions. No one wants to investigate the food chain and see if some diabolical foreigners have gotten something very terrible into the system.
smh....
How about addressing the lifestyle that brings about high blood pressure, diabetes and prostate cancer. You think it's just about food
And you're blaming the foreigners, na foreigners dey give us food wey we dey eat, ain't we the ones cultivating most of our foods??

Be calming down.
Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by ukaface(f): 10:32pm On May 12, 2022
Trustedapparel:
Sinner man of new Jerusalem...back then the ghetto movie make wave in Africa....rip man
yeah
Sinner man
I really love that movie.
Cross and die! Chai
Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by Lonelyhrt1(m): 10:33pm On May 12, 2022
Hollybratt:
Even though i don't know him, may his soul rest in peace embarassed
You don’t know him

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by Hezmatosky: 10:33pm On May 12, 2022
Hollybratt:
Olodo! because you don't understand English grin

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by ORIGENAL(m): 10:33pm On May 12, 2022
Cross na mi u wan plug like pawpaw?
Na mi be Sinner Man (he pulled out his pistol) I dey sleep with gun, I dey chop am

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by Empro1(m): 10:34pm On May 12, 2022
I don't know when last i see this man in a movie sef
Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by bmdmix14: 10:34pm On May 12, 2022
Hollybratt:
Even though i don't know him, may his soul rest in peace embarassed
hide ur self.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by Shadysen: 10:34pm On May 12, 2022
AriseNews:

Omo! So they are people who understand English so well and watch only tribal movies?
weirdo

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 12, 2022
Male nollywood actors really need help imaging they are trying to raise money for his treatment him,

While the female actresses are buy range rover spot and build houses....this life balance so?
Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by Searchingvictor: 10:35pm On May 12, 2022
[quote author=Shadysen post=112776037][/quote]

Yea. The guy that did isakabba was there in the movie
Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by AndroBlaze: 10:36pm On May 12, 2022
He was a great actor with his true (not fake) yankee vibes.
Re: Nollywood Actor Gbenga Richard Is Dead by ucha1: 10:36pm On May 12, 2022
Ohhh!! Dinner man as he was called in that famous home video
Rip strong man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Samuel Ajibola And Sandra Mskaseay Traditional Wedding Photos / Chioma Akpotha Twerks In A Benin Queen Attire On Set, Gets Blasted / Top 10 Richest Musician In Nigeria In 2024 With Net Worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.