Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,357 members, 7,819,280 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Let's Be Sincere, What Good Has Religion Done To This Country? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Be Sincere, What Good Has Religion Done To This Country? (250 Views)

What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? / Has Religion Done More Harm Than Good? / Pastor Adeboye: Those Attacking Me On Internet Would Be Sent Out Of This Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Be Sincere, What Good Has Religion Done To This Country? by Englishisamust: 9:49pm On May 12, 2022
I'm not iagainst any religion. Let first start from Saudi arabia, they practice the same religion like the southwest and northern part of nigeria . Yet their country is very peaceful. Even one of the most peaceful in the world. Christian country like Italy, dominion Republic, Romania and Cyprus also practice the same religion like the southwest and eastern part of nigeria. I don't think religion is really helping us in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Be Sincere, What Good Has Religion Done To This Country? by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 12, 2022
Pains, tears, agony, fraud, dehumanization, hate, division, extremism ........
Re: Let's Be Sincere, What Good Has Religion Done To This Country? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:02pm On May 12, 2022
The religion people practices is of no relevance in any country, what matters is the policies governing the society, and according to Fela Anikulapo Kuti "Cultures and Traditions" is the foundation upon which policies are made in any society. So we need to look well into our cultures and traditions because that's where we're having issues to set up policy that could benefit us as a society not religion! undecided
Re: Let's Be Sincere, What Good Has Religion Done To This Country? by Righteousness2(m): 10:03pm On May 12, 2022
Drop religion and Follow JESUS Christ.
Religion will not save you, Only JESUS Christ will Save you.
The Safety of your soul in Eternity is not by religion. It is by a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ.

1 Like

Re: Let's Be Sincere, What Good Has Religion Done To This Country? by habsydiamond(m): 10:04pm On May 12, 2022
I can say it's one of the reason for our backwardness till date. Together with ethnocentrism.... We took religion too seriously than the founding fathers of the religion. It even got to a point that what we should be asking our government for answers we usually ask God.. Why are we following God blindly.. We are religious yet our heart is filled with hatred for one another... Even when our fore fathers where traditionalists.. Things like this don't happen...

3 Likes

Re: Let's Be Sincere, What Good Has Religion Done To This Country? by playapayaski: 10:26pm On May 12, 2022
Absolutely nothing.. I hate it with passion.
Humanity is the only known religion and it's within.. all else practiced is trash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Be Sincere, What Good Has Religion Done To This Country? by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 12, 2022
Righteousness2:
The Safety of your soul in Eternity is not by religion. It is by a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ.

No wonder Nigeria is backward. Too much religious people.

1 Like

Re: Let's Be Sincere, What Good Has Religion Done To This Country? by wirinet(m): 12:36am On May 13, 2022
Religion (the imported ones) were imposed on us as a prison. A prison to enslave us for eternity. A prison which you cannot escape.
Religion is an effective tool to divide the nation, community and family. This is one of the main reasons African countries can never be at peace, the reason we can never develop or make any serious progress.

1 Like

Re: Let's Be Sincere, What Good Has Religion Done To This Country? by jumper524(m): 12:42am On May 13, 2022
I just researched the Internet and discovered that no single part of Islam justify the killing of one in the name of blasphemy.
Never did the prophet justify such in his teachings but those guys are hell bent in tarnishing the image of Islam.
Educated fellas killing people just because their mallam said its right.
If sane Muslims don't come out to condemn such act, evil people would keep tarnishing the image of Islam.
Re: Let's Be Sincere, What Good Has Religion Done To This Country? by Maynman: 7:43am On May 13, 2022
Righteousness2:

Christ is a title not a name. “Jesus” is a Jew yet he is bearing a Latin name, how come?

(1) (Reply)

Video: Blessing For Cash: Igbo Man Furious As Priest Ask Him To Pay For Baptism / Christians Fight For Your Member, Join The CAN Protests. / When Should I Stop Been A Good Neighbour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.