Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... (1799 Views)

I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents / ABU ZARIA’S 40th Convocation To Hold 24th And 25th November / SO SAD:- UNILORIN Best Graduating Student Dies Few Days To Her Convocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by podium(m): 10:52pm On May 12, 2022
2moro is my convocation, I will not put on any Convocation gown because I have no money to pay for it... and I think I will be the only one in my department that will not wear it. I will just collect from my colleague, snap pix and return back. I self sponsor myself in school right from ND - HND. My parents only gave me 5k throughout my academic persuit.... I want to sent a message to my parents that they should be aware that it was only 5k Dem sent me go sch.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by KingsleyCEO: 11:04pm On May 12, 2022
You people attach importance to irrelevant things... Oga, thank God you finally made it. Collect your certificate and move on, nothing spoil.

When it becomes extremely tough, greatness is certain.

Who convocation gown help?

During my matriculation, I paid for gown but I just could not stand the stress of collecting, laundering it and returning it afterwards. I just borrowed from my mate to snap and that's all.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by lymelyte(m): 11:28pm On May 12, 2022
podium:
2moro is my convocation, I will not put on any Convocation gown because I have no money to pay for it... and I think I will be the only one in my department that will not wear it. I will just collect from my colleague, snap pix and return back. I self sponsor myself in school right from ND - HND. My parents only gave me 5k throughout my academic persuit.... I want to sent a message to my parents that they should be aware that it was only 5k Dem sent me go sch.
3months from now,you will just smile when you remember of how worried you were because of convocation gown cheesy

7 Likes

Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by Karleb(m): 11:56pm On May 12, 2022
I didn't even attend my convocation.

What's special about that ceremony? undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by Johntitus: 2:04am On May 13, 2022
grin

Even if you no deserve am, 'God bless you and enjoy the ceremonies'.

And for the record, some people no even see papa or mama to give them shishi. Dey learn to count your blessings bro.

We dey all pass through 1or 2.

2 Likes

Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by Amos1423(m): 4:58am On May 13, 2022
3 months from now alaye go still dey reason weting him wan use him life do. Bros calm down life no be Nigerian film

lymelyte:
3months from now,you will just smile when you remember of how worried you were because of convocation gown cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by beautyhd: 5:38am On May 13, 2022
Who convocation help?

Its not a must.

Get yourself busy and make some money.
Maybe, when your kids will be convocating, you can put on their gowns and take pictures wiyh smiles while remembering your yester years.

Don't be weighed down.

3 Likes

Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by meobizy(f): 5:49am On May 13, 2022
Nothing concern me.
Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by bujebudanu1(m): 7:39am On May 13, 2022
Didn't go for my convocation as well, couldn't risk travelling for 10hrs with my parents just to snap ..

As I Don grad I Don grad.. na only cert and transcript carry me go that school again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by christejames(m): 8:36am On May 13, 2022
You should thank God you finally made it and stop trying to blame your parents for some flimsy thing...

They are people personally working day and night trying to get themselves to school but have not been able but here you are about to leave instead of you to be grateful to God and think of how to get your parents blessings for the task ahead which is the labour market you want to blame them because you only got 5k from them. You should than God your parents are not deadbeats, at least, they supported you when they had.

Congratulations man, wishing you a seamless sojourn in the labour market.
Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by Sucre6: 9:05am On May 13, 2022
You completed your studies successfully without any issues in the school, u wrote your final exams and signed out, its just convocation gown that is worrying you.

Aswear to slap your brain just they hungry me

1 Like

Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by bigjackass: 9:40am On May 13, 2022
Are you going to be awarded any prize? If you are going there to warm the seat and snap pics, just kuku sleep in your house as you no get money
Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by Reggaemich(m): 9:55am On May 13, 2022
U can borrow from those who collected the convo gown

And snap with it

Nothing wrong in that

Na only that day the disgrace go end, after that day,

E don pass
Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by MortySmith: 10:14am On May 13, 2022
Always be contented my guy, wetin b gown? During my school days I spilled over a whole session and my set was convocating. My guys begin call me and I no wan dissappoint them I gate show, that was how I was mingling with my department and faculty mates but me I no graduate cos e dey visible you go see the depression clouding me but I had to celebrate their success and take pics with dem, people mock me well well that day but I stayed strong and eventually graduate after 2 semesters.
During the next convo cos my school na every year I collect the gown and everything but I no even attend the convo na at the end I come as people commot we snapped a few that's all o, no dey worry about gown be happy u don graduate 9ja education system.
Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by dopedan(m): 10:30am On May 13, 2022
Karleb:
I didn't even attend my convocation.

What's special about that ceremony? undecided
Same with me i was in school but didn’t want to waste money
Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by anuofGod(f): 10:38am On May 13, 2022
podium:
What's so important about convocation?
My university convocation was last month, I wasn't even bothered. I told my dad the night of the convocation, he looked at me and shrugged when he saw I wasn't bothered.
Two of my flatmates finished from LAUTECH as well, none of us went.
In my department, it's only our rep that went.
Stop putting unecessary pressure on yourself.

Do you have a job?
I think you should complain more about that if you don't have a job yet.

PS: I'm in need of job o, I'm almost done with my NYSC
Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by falcon01: 11:42am On May 13, 2022
I didn't attend my convocation, and didn't attend my Graduation party or dinner or anything at all.
Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by Zanzibar1: 12:17pm On May 13, 2022
I collect my own gown and still lend it out at a higher price to another Course mate that needed one desperately... grin naa the same gown I still use snap on convocation day.... Killing 2 birds with one stone grin
Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by Alapojames: 12:20pm On May 13, 2022
always be thankful
School is need
Convocation is want

Boost your ig account at affordable prices
Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by Legend44(m): 12:58pm On May 13, 2022
I no even near my convocation ground... I and some of my colleagues just enter one lounge dey shayo, drink goat meat pepper soup dey play PS4 till them finish convocation... Following day we enter school go collect our certificate.. I enter Abia, others Sokoto, Taraba, Lagos, Rivers for our service... Who convocation help

1 Like

Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by YourFavorite21(m): 2:22pm On May 13, 2022
Your own better sef, on my matriculation day I mistakenly burnt the gown, i didn't use the gown again, and i had to pay for replacement of the burnt gown, that was not enough sef boys(cultists) collect my phone that same day , because I was a year 1(novice). sad
It is well cheesy
Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by HELLASJ(m): 3:32pm On May 13, 2022
ThankGod and move on... There's greatness ahead!

Cheers in advance!
Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by podium(m): 4:14pm On May 13, 2022
I went, borrow clothes, snap pix and move

1 Like

Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by Irupetepete: 4:59pm On May 13, 2022
Mtcheww
You better borrow from someone else and snap pictures.
It is only relevant for a day
Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by kushercain: 7:27pm On May 13, 2022
podium:
I went, borrow clothes, snap pix and move

Congrats

I didnt even attend my own convo. Just got my cert and bounced

1 Like

Re: My Convocation - I Can't Stand This Pain... by Karleb(m): 8:49pm On May 13, 2022
To think this guy is a grown up guy crying over convocation.

Wonderment!

(1) (Reply)

Unijos Post-ume Result / University Of Portharcourt & Unn Thread / Direct Entry 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.