Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri (30425 Views)

Inside Cross River NYSC 'Orientation Camp' (Photos) / Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara / Pictures From NYSC Orientation Camp In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by maddock(m): 10:02am On Jul 13, 2011
Someone called me about this can someone please confirm this? God help us
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by jmaine: 10:06am On Jul 13, 2011
If this is true . .then they are really getting desperate to inflict painful casualties to perceived southerners, they seem to have upped the ante to attacking churches to further polarize the whole country  . . .Why is the government still sending kids to this troubled zone . . And the kids are even going there with their parents consenting to it
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by maddock(m): 10:09am On Jul 13, 2011
For those in Lagos they said it was announced in wazabia fm can someone else confirm this. Also those that have folks in maiduguri can you also confirm this. I pray that no life is lost. Maiduguri at at yestaday was a beehive of activities as people were rushing out of the town. Getting a bus out of there was even a problem.
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by Bishopking: 10:11am On Jul 13, 2011
jmaine:

If this is true . .then they are really getting desperate to inflict painful casualties to perceived southerners, they seem to have upped the ante to attacking churches to further polarize the whole country  . . .Why is the government still sending kids to this troubled zone . . And the kids are even going there with their parents consenting to it

"kids" are going because without the "almighty" NYSC certificate, they may never be employable in Nigeria.Not only that, they may miss out in any other opportunities. And do not forget that the kids sent up there are the ones without parents in corridor of power or influence.
The government can care less if they are all bombed into pieces. They are unknown Nigerians.
A nation that deliberately send citizens to dangers' path.  lipsrsealed
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by jmaine: 10:14am On Jul 13, 2011
Bishopking:

"kids" are going because without the "almighty" NYSC certificate, they may never be employable in Nigeria.Not only that, they may miss out in any other opportunities. And do not forget that the kids sent up there are the ones without parents in corridor of power or influence.
The government can care less if they are all bombed into pieces. They are unknown Nigerians.
A nation that deliberately send citizens to dangers' path.  lipsrsealed

can't the state governments whose lads are being sent there play the politics also for the safety of their indigenes  angry  . .  . . Just wondering, and what you said is actually the truth  cry cry
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by maddock(m): 10:23am On Jul 13, 2011
Can we confirm this news and argue later.
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 13, 2011
A colleague at work said that he got a bb message abt the news as well. Pls someone confirm this.
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by NegroNtns(m): 10:37am On Jul 13, 2011
I find it hard to believe that you all sitting there and waiting for confirmation.

Here is what you do next time u need news fast.

Go to google an use "keyword" to search what u want.

Ex. Boko bomb nysc
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by namfav(m): 10:38am On Jul 13, 2011
someone in maiduguri told me its not true
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by NegroNtns(m): 10:39am On Jul 13, 2011
Did keyword work for u?

Did u see result?
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by luvinhubby(m): 10:42am On Jul 13, 2011
It`s on Saharareporters, but little details
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by Wilfem(m): 11:32am On Jul 13, 2011
I think its true. But I do not even know what to say 'cos I'm so sad and very disappointed with all these incessant bombings here and there,
My heart bleeds for this country angry angry cry cry cry cry cry

Link: http://champion.com.ng/displaycontent.asp?pid=10276
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by Ignatio(m): 12:12pm On Jul 13, 2011
No clear details yet.
Na wa for Nigerian media. If na CNN, Al jazeera or BBC we for don get full details already.
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by blank(f): 12:28pm On Jul 13, 2011
This should make front page. It is real.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201107130005.html
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by Mbeki: 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2011
Boko Haram bombs Borno NYSC camp •Thousands flee •3 killed as fresh bombs rock Maiduguri

THERE was pandemonium yesterday in the National Youth Service Commission (NYSC) camp on Biu road Maiduguri, Borno State, as a bomb suspected to be planted by Islamic radical sect, Boko Haram exploded.

Scores were said to have been injured though there was no official confirmation.

A corps member who spoke with our correspondent on condition of anonymity, said soldiers took over the camp immediately and ordered corpers to stay indoors.

The bomb reportedly went off at 9:27pm.

This was as some southern states have concluded arrangement to evacuate their indigenes from Borno State, as attacks by radical Islamic sect, Boko Haram, continued yesterday.

However, government pleaded with residents not to flee assuring that adequate measures have been put in place to ensure that safety.

http://champion.com.ng/displaycontent.asp?pid=10276
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by Mbeki: 12:45pm On Jul 13, 2011
Now u have the details!

I blame any Corps member that agreed to be made a corpse!

Just tell me what the soldiers are doing when the bomb was planted there, unless the soldiers planted it themselves!
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by blank(f): 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2011
3 people have died!
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by udezue(m): 12:57pm On Jul 13, 2011
Those corp members are standard morrons, plain and simple. I dont feel sorry for them and their stupidity. Weeks ago u were getting chased and killed in the NORTH yet u chose to go back again? mchew
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by ektbear: 12:58pm On Jul 13, 2011
Naijanistan, we hail thee
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by anointedf(m): 1:01pm On Jul 13, 2011
Aja to ma sonu ko ni gbo fere olode. At least their parent will collect N5million from the govt. We were really shouting in the forum, what the intending corpers should have done to avert these crazy posting to the death zone.
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by HisExcellencyBKNjoku: 1:06pm On Jul 13, 2011
If it is for peace keeping missions in africa or whatever, nigeria will volunteer.

Now is the time for them(so called country-nigeria) to keep their own country in peace.
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by OAM4J: 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2011
If any of those coppers should die, there blood should be required from GEJ and NYSC DG. angry
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by Mbeki: 1:39pm On Jul 13, 2011
OAM4J:

If any of those coppers should die, there blood should be required from GEJ and NYSC DG. angry

Many foolish ones will die and nothing will happen!

Any Corps member accepting deployment to troubled zone should blame his/herself for anything that happens. They saw fire and wished it away in the name of national service!
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by apoti(m): 1:50pm On Jul 13, 2011
This ain't no phuking fresh air angry angry
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by sonyvaio(f): 2:09pm On Jul 13, 2011
Brig-Gen. Maharazu Ismaila Tsiga
TENDER YOUR RESIGNATION
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by MMM2(m): 2:11pm On Jul 13, 2011
I thought dey have ban nysc? angry
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by mallorca(m): 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2011
why cant them visit Aso Rock, i need them in national Asembly
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by solayemi(m): 2:16pm On Jul 13, 2011
guys i tried calling a friend there but could not get through.when i do,i'll get back here.
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by sweetgala(m): 2:17pm On Jul 13, 2011
This is getting seriously annoying. I don't want to ever explain to my non-nigerian friends how this stupid evil has come to be in a country so called the lion of Africa
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by superior1: 2:18pm On Jul 13, 2011
i repeatedly posted it on this site something like this should be expected.
This is a bad news
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by samyng(m): 2:20pm On Jul 13, 2011
i wonder what the security agents are doing at the NYSC camp especially the soldiers , GOD please safe this young graduates
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 13, 2011
It was their death wish. May their souls rest in peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? / How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting / Men And Women Boxer Business With Just N5000, NYSC Member Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.