Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,091 members, 7,814,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 (748 Views)

So Christians Prefer A Fulani Muslim President / Tinubu To Sharia Council: Create Awareness Towards Producing A Muslim President / Is It Just To Have Another Muslim President In 2023? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by aribisala0(m): 11:50am On May 13, 2022
Anyone who follows me on Nairaland would know my opposition to Tinubu's candidacy
I have not seen any evidence that he is unwell and I also do not think he is too old.
I also think that he performed better than most governors since 1999 and laid a good foundation in Lagos State

So why then do I oppose him

I believe there are too many integrity questions over him e.g the forfeiture of drug related funds in the US whilst not constituting a criminal offence raise questions about what else the US government have on him
Tinubu is quite autocratic and believs in a rubber standp House of Assembly in Lagos state and helped bring that about in 2019 so I expect if he is president we will have a rubber stamp National Assembly
His nepotism is off the scale. His daughter is Iyaloja in lagos state, His wife a senator his in-laws are all well looked after via a network of cronyism.
The Alpha Beta thing is still in the Air

The bullion van saga
His public insult of Yoruba Obas
His Public insult of Obasanjo
His attitude to the herdsmen activities

Where are the cows?
Tinubu does not have children in Nigerian universities and does not use Nigerian Hospitals.

All of these make it difficult for me to support him

Now on the Islam issue. In Yoruba land we pride ourselves on religious tolerance. That is true but it will not las for ever if we are complacent
Many may not know buw Ishaq Akintola of MURIC works for LASU adn has been overly political and controversial for a university lecturer. He probably should have been sacked a long time ago if Tinubu did not have his back. Recently he has said that there should not be a Yoruba Christian President and clearly he is being sponsored to shake Yoruba religious harmony. That statement should have got him sacked but no.

Buhari has been in power for 8 years pursuing a very Islamist agenda. and the plan is that if power comes to teh south when it returns north another Muslim will take over.

If that happens there would have been a period of 16 years Islamic rule and a march in the direction of more sharia law and so on.

The reaction of Atiku on Twitter should to the killing of Deborah and threats from his Northern Muslims should wake us all up.

If we have a Muslim president in 2023 you can write down Nigeria as a Muslim country.

My position is in 2023 anything but Muslim

I say all of this as an adherent of Yoruba traditional religion with Muslims nd Christians in my extended family , in fact probably majority bear Arabic names though some of those are Christians even with names like Moruf.

It would not be a problem in Yorubaland but the rest of the country and Abuja

Our country is not united and religious difference a big worry.

We must have balance and the more important balance is religious

I would rather support a Christian from the North than Tinubu ANYDAY

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by Oxb90: 12:01pm On May 13, 2022
God bless you. You are awake and can see. Some are also awake but unfortunately are blind.
That Atiku quickly deleted his tweet in condemnation of the harmless innocent Sokoto girl that was gruesomely murdered will tell you the mindset of this person who is hungry to rule this nation.
Have you wondered why PDP jettisoned the rotational presidency? And to think that the chairmanship position of the party was zoned to the north as it is supposed to be so that presidency will come from the Southern part of the country, yet the north was not satisfied and went ahead to declare the presidential contest open to all speaks volume.
It is also a pity that when the southern politicians are doing politics with the north with utmost sincerity of purpose, it can not be said to be the same the other way around.
Southern politicians are gullible and myopic.

2 Likes

Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by ObosiLandlord(m): 12:03pm On May 13, 2022
This Christian Fanatic go dey complain of Muslim fanatics too cheesy

Orishirishi

Una go wail tire on top The BAT matter

BAT 2023

4 Likes

Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by LegendHero(m): 12:05pm On May 13, 2022
You are a religious bigot bro. Simple as ABC.

How can you crucify Tinubu for the activities of the Northern Muslim? How many times have you see we Muslims in the West kill Christian as games?

You are not different from MURIC, while the man is an Islamic fanatics terrorizing the public through the pen, you are a chronic Christian terrorizing the media space with your warped mindset.

Both you and MURIC should be purge out of the SW. The only good thing here is that ya’ll are in the minority so your noise just end on the media.

4 Likes

Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by LegendHero(m): 12:09pm On May 13, 2022
I laugh when some of you Christians hide your chronic hateful mind under some stimuli response to Islamic fanatism/terrorism and use that as a green light to just talk without thinking.

Nigeria is North and South. Can you now hang me a Muslim Southerner for the activities of the Muslim Northerners? Even if you check it well, the Northerners have history of that barbaric act, so when you mix that with Islamic fundamentalism, it breeds this kind of chaos.

Core Northerners have history of senseless killings, ethnic violence, and even outside their domain they still cause killings here and there. Is that also because of Islam?

I am a Muslim, I condemn the killing of Deborah in its entirety. Infact, I haven’t seen any Muslim in the South support this so why are you trying to hang Asiwaju for this?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by Abbeytoy(m): 12:10pm On May 13, 2022
I see religion bigot here

1 Like

Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by Truthisunique2: 12:13pm On May 13, 2022
ObosiLandlord:
This Christian Fanatic go dey complain of Muslim fanatics too cheesy

Orishirishi

Una go wail tire on top The BAT matter

BAT 2023
you have heard he is a traditional worshipper

As una no see talk for mouth

2 Likes

Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by Akanbiedu(m): 12:15pm On May 13, 2022
aribisala0:
Anyone who follows me on Nairaland would know my opposition to Tinubu's candidacy
I have not seen any evidence that he is unwell and I also do not think he is too old.
I also think that he performed better than most governors since 1999 and laid a good foundation in Lagos State

I believe there are too many integrity questions over him e.g the forfeiture of drug related funds in the US whilst not constituting a criminal offence raise questions about what else the US government have on him
Tinubu is quite autocratic and believs in a rubber standp House of Assembly in Lagos state and helped bring that about in 2019 so I expect if he is president we will have a rubber stamp National Assembly
His nepotism is off the scale. His daughter is Iyaloja in lagos state, His wife a senator his in-laws are all well looked after via a network of cronyism.

The bullion van saga

Where are the cows?
Tinubu does not have children in Nigerian universities and does not use Nigerian Hospitals.

Now on the Islam issue. In Yoruba land we pride ourselves on religious tolerance. That is true but it will not las for ever if we are complacent
Many may not know buw Ishaq Akintola of MURIC works for LASU adn has been overly political and controversial for a university lecturer. He probably should have been sacked a long time ago if Tinubu did not have his back. Recently he has said that there should not be a Yoruba Christian President and clearly he is being sponsored to shake Yoruba religious harmony. That statement should have got him sacked but no.

Buhari has been in power for 8 years pursuing a very Islamist agenda. and the plan is that if power comes to teh south when it returns north another Muslim will take over.

If that happens there would have been a period of 16 years Islamic rule and a march in the direction of more sharia law and so on.

The reaction of Atiku on Twitter should to the killing of Deborah and threats from his Northern Muslims should wake us all up.

If we have a Muslim president in 2023 you can write down Nigeria as a Muslim country.

I say all of this as an adherent of Yoruba traditional religion with Muslims nd Christians in my extended family , in fact probably majority bear Arabic names though some of those are Christians even with names like Moruf.

You go wail tire. Accept my sinparty in advance. Eight years, damn.

Where is my "ipako o gbo Shuti pincture" sef?

6 Likes

Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by ObosiLandlord(m): 12:16pm On May 13, 2022
Truthisunique2:
you have heard he is a traditional worshipper

As una no see talk for mouth

The wailing by the OP was too long to read.

Shey nah like this una go take wail reach 2031? grin

A traditioner arguing in support of a Christian Southerner.

I'm an Ifa Worshipper and I want a Muslim Southerner.

BAT 2023

5 Likes

Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by LegendHero(m): 12:17pm On May 13, 2022
You said you hate Asiwaju because his daughter is Iyaloja and his wife w Senator and so what!!!!

Tinubu mother is also Iyaloja of Lagos so what is bad if the Iyaloja grandchild is the Iyaloja?

We know how governors always proceed to the senate after their tenure, so if Tinubu thinks his wife should be in the senate instead, what law did he break and what moral code is breached?

1 Like

Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by Akanbiedu(m): 12:20pm On May 13, 2022
LegendHero:
You said you hate Asiwaju because his daughter is Iyaloja and his wife w Senator and so what!!!!

Tinubu mother is also Iyaloja of Lagos so what is bad if the Iyaloja grandchild is the Iyaloja?

We know how governors always proceed to the senate after their tenure, so if Tinubu thinks his wife should be in the senate instead, what law did he break and what moral code is breached?

What is Iyaloja if not that Tinubu's name is attached to it? Are there no iyalojas everywhere in Yorubaland, how many of them are known?
Bad belle people

3 Likes

Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 12:21pm On May 13, 2022
The wisest yoruba boy alive...correct guy,fire down

3 Likes

Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by Truthisunique2: 12:22pm On May 13, 2022
ObosiLandlord:
The wailing by the OP was too long to read.

Shey nah like this una go take wail reach 2031? grin

A traditioner arguing in support of a Christian Southerner.

I'm an Ifa Worshipper and I want a Muslim Southerner.

BAT 2023
Yoruba Muslim can never be president of this country

The greatest Yoruba Muslim tried and failed his protege won't be different

1 Like

Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by LegendHero(m): 12:24pm On May 13, 2022
Akanbiedu:

What is Iyaloja if not that Tinubu's name is attached to it? Are there no iyalojas everywhere in Yorubaland, how many of them are known?
Bad belle people

Abi o. These guys are chronic haters.

How many Iyaloja in other states do we even talk about? But as per say na Asiwaju, they must magnify it to project their hate.

They hate Asiwaju because he is successful. I can even bet that Asiwaju is more religiously liberal than the OP.

He not only married a Christian but a practicing deaconess.

2 Likes

Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by YorubaIsGreat(m): 12:25pm On May 13, 2022
Nonsense from a f**l that is joining those beerfraud p*gs in hating his own. I am a christian from Yoruba land and i will support any Yoruba man be it christian, muslim or traditional worshipper come 2023

1 Like

Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by nisai: 12:50pm On May 13, 2022
LegendHero:
I laugh when some of you Christians hide your chronic hateful mind under some stimuli response to Islamic fanatism/terrorism and use that as a green light to just talk without thinking.

Nigeria is North and South. Can you now hang me a Muslim Southerner for the activities of the Muslim Northerners? Even if you check it well, the Northerners have history of that barbaric act, so when you mix that with Islamic fundamentalism, it breeds this kind of chaos.

Core Northerners have history of senseless killings, ethnic violence, and even outside their domain they still cause killings here and there. Is that also because of Islam?

I am a Muslim, I condemn the killing of Deborah in its entirety. Infact, I haven’t seen any Muslim in the South support this so why are you trying to hang Asiwaju for this?

Na mumu dey worry them. I unfollowed one idiot this morning because of this sorts of misguided blubbering induced by religious bigotry. I am a muslim too and I will never deprive persons of their right to life because I know it's bad.

3 Likes

Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by aribisala0(m): 1:04pm On May 13, 2022
Lagos state is the only state that has an Iyaloja , an illegal one at that but people are too afraid to talk

She was give the title by Oba of Lagos

The Oba of Lagos id not the Oba of Lagos State but of Eko = Lagos Island

He is not oba of Ikeja

So why are we now talking of Iyaloja of a whole state
Is there any Oba or Kabiyesi of a whole state?

Why is she intimidating them at Computer village

All the other Obas in Lagos state are too scared to appoint Iyaloja in their domains but the reality is Oba of Lagos has no authority to appoint Iyaloja for the whole state

Buhari said he was sharing 20000 out of 774 000 jobs to Lagos State and they put MC Oluomo and this same Iyaloja in charge

The point is that Tinubu is neck deep in nepotism and not fit to be president
If he becomes president then we will have Nigeria run as a family business

2 Likes

Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by Ekpeitit(m): 1:05pm On May 13, 2022
Why worry about Nigerian politics?
You're not a Nigerian, please worry about Biafran issues,it's none of your business who becomes the Nigerian president.
Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by LegendHero(m): 1:06pm On May 13, 2022
aribisala0:
Lagos state is the only state that has an Iyaloja , an illegal one at that but people are too afraid to talk

This is a big lie. There is Iyaloja everywhere across the SW.

Has this Tinubu dislike suddenly make you forget Yoruba norms bro?

1 Like

Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by aribisala0(m): 1:12pm On May 13, 2022
LegendHero:

This is a big lie. There is Iyaloja everywhere across the SW.

Has this Tinubu dislike suddenly make you forget Yoruba norms bro?
Fake news
Iyaloja is a traditional title

The Oba of Lagos has no authority to appoint Iyaloja of Lagos State deal with that and stop trying to change or conflate issues

3 Likes

Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by LegendHero(m): 1:16pm On May 13, 2022
aribisala0:
Fake news
Iyaloja is a traditional title

The Oba of Lagos has no authority to appoint Iyaloja of Lagos State deal with that and stop trying to change or conflate issues

Lol who among us is the purveyor of fake news?

You clearly said Lagos is the only state with Iyaloja and I showed you Oyo state also got an Iyaloja-General. Infact even Ogun state has one.

Na one person go appoint them so what is the essence of denying it exists in other state?

Ija ilara o kin tan boro. E lo gbeje fori, Asiwaju ni baba nile yi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by aribisala0(m): 1:36pm On May 13, 2022
LegendHero:

Lol who among us is the purveyor of fake news?

You clearly said Lagos is the only state with Iyaloja and I showed you Oyo state also got an Iyaloja-General. Infact even Ogun state has one.

Na one person go appoint them so what is the essence of denying it exists in other state?

Ija ilara o kin tan boro. E lo gbeje fori, Asiwaju ni baba nile yi.
I still stand by my stance that Lagos state is the only state with a Iyaloja General you have not proved me wrong
You showed me a source which I am telling you is fake news.

This thread is not about Iyaloja .If that is so important to you open a thread and I will join you

You like to tell stupid lies

Iyaloja is a traditional title .
There is no traditional title like Iyaloja General so tell us the name of the Oba that appointed Iyaloja in Oyo State

We know that Oba of Lagos appointed Tinubu's daughter

2 Likes

Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by LegendHero(m): 1:41pm On May 13, 2022
aribisala0:
I still stand by my stance that Lagos state is the only state with a Iyaloja General you have not proved me wrong
You showed me a source which I am telling you is fake news.

This thread is not about Iyaloja .If that is so important to you open a thread and I will join you

Lol, you are now sending me away from your thread?

Alright I’ll leave but before I do, you must first acknowledge that you are wrong about the statement what “Only Lagos state has Iyaloja”.

Below is also Osun state Iyaloja-General and yet you think the one about Oyo is fake news?

And lastly bro, you are a chronic christain extremist and the only difference between you and those Muslim Northerners is that you haven’t resorted to killing yet and that’s because your omoluabi still influence you. Let’s thank God for that.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/03/25/osun-govt-suspends-weekly-markets-indefinitely/

1 Like

Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by aribisala0(m): 2:29pm On May 13, 2022
LegendHero:

Lol, you are now sending me away from your thread?

Alright I’ll leave but before I do, you must first acknowledge that you are wrong about the statement what “Only Lagos state has Iyaloja”.

Below is also Osun state Iyaloja-General and yet you think the one about Oyo is fake news?

And lastly bro, you are a chronic christain extremist and the only difference between you and those Muslim Northerners is that you haven’t resorted to killing yet and that’s because your omoluabi still influence you. Let’s thank God for that.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/03/25/osun-govt-suspends-weekly-markets-indefinitely/
No I am not a Christian. That is the last thing I will be. Any more tricks

You are bringing up Iyaloja -General I do not know what that is

I talked about Iyaloja

Iyaloja as appointed by a King or Oba

I mentioned Tinubu's daughter appointed as Iyaloja by Oba of Lagos and ILLEGALLY parading herself as something else.

In Yoruba land Obas appoint Iyalojas and

You can tell us who appointed this so called Iyaloja General a title I do not know and did not talk about

Lagos state is the only place wher a king or Oba has appointed Iyaloja for the entire state

Iyaloja General might be something else but it is not a traditional title in Yoruba land

Now please stop derailing the thread .

The fact of the matter is that Tinubu is neck deep in nepotism and we will ensure he does not become president by any means necessary

2 Likes

Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by aribisala0(m): 5:47pm On May 14, 2022
You can call me whatever name you like but it is clear we cannot have another Muslim after Buhari
Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by aribisala0(m): 3:29pm On May 16, 2022
No Muslim president in 2023
Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by Emma2Seconds: 4:59pm On May 16, 2022
Action speaks louder than voice cool
Re: We Do Not Need A Muslim President In 2023 by naijainstinct: 5:24pm On May 16, 2022
aribisala0:

The bullion van saga

Where are the cows?

So objective and this post shows you are in tandem with the present-day reality in Nigeria. They should keep deceiving themselves that a Muslim will be president. I am also Yoruba but I will never support Tinubu, instead Amaechi should get the ticket if they don't want Osinbajo. But Muslim again, no!

Even the relative peace you think we enjoy in the Southwest is about to be strained because of this. Remember that at least 45% of PFN members are in the SouthWest.

(1) (Reply)

Dr Ifeanyi Chukwuma Odii Wins PDP Primary Ebonyi State Governorship. / Niger, Taraba Can't Feed Themselves, Waiting For Oil Money - Peter Obi (VIDEO) / Tinubu My Next President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.