Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? (569 Views)

Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. / Should Christians Care About Physical Appearance? / Why Do People Always Fold Their Hands After Taking Holy Communion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Truvelisback(m): 11:50am On May 13, 2022
Good day, fellas. Regarding the ruthless killings of Christians by these Islamic terrorists, should Christian fold their arms or retalate?
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Kriss216: 11:52am On May 13, 2022
We've gone pass the era of fighting fire with water.

3 Likes

Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Truvelisback(m): 11:57am On May 13, 2022
Kriss216:
We've gone pass the era of fighting fire with water.
The Christians better wake up and take the Bull by the Horn. The Law of "an eye for an eye, A tooth for a tooth" needs to take its place. U do me, i do u, God no vex.
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Shalommy(f): 12:04pm On May 13, 2022
We don't need to revenge because God will revenge for us. Watch out, before this month ends you'll see the calamities that will befall muslim terrorists.
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Candidlady: 12:09pm On May 13, 2022
Shalommy:
We don't need to revenge because God will revenge for us. Watch out, before this month ends you'll see the calamities that will befall muslim terrorists.

Funny you didn't end this your post with CHAI

Discus on ground
You keep waiting on God till they wipe y'all clean from the chessboard

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Shalommy(f): 12:19pm On May 13, 2022
Candidlady:

Discus on ground
Baby, they can't wipe us all. We're stronger than them but killing is not our way.
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Gagare1(m): 12:37pm On May 13, 2022
I don't know if it is the Hausa man in me that is speaking. Either or, I strongly believe in self defence as a God-given right. I live in a 99.9% Muslim populated area. We seem to flow okay considering our common cultural history. However, I am aware of their tendencies. I keep our relationship formal and extend Kingdom love when the opportunity presents itself.
However, I will not be trampled unjustly. If I notice any sign of aggression, I will withdraw from there. But if chased with the intention of harm to me and mine, by God, I will not go down alone.

4 Likes

Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Kobojunkie: 12:47pm On May 13, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Regarding the ruthless killings of Christians by these Islamic terrorists, should Christian fold their arms or retalate?
Jesus Christ gave explicit instructions to His followers where retaliation for any wrong is concerned. undecided
38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.’
39 But I tell you, don’t fight back against someone who wants to do harm to you. If they hit you on the right cheek, let them hit the other cheek too.
40 If anyone wants to sue you in court and take your shirt, let them have your coat too.
41 If a soldier forces you to walk with him one mile,[j] go with him two.
42 Give to anyone who asks you for something. Don’t refuse to give to anyone who wants to borrow from you. - Matthew 5 vs 38 - 42
Jesus Christ Himself told you not to fight back when attacked. So, do you obey Him or do you not? undecided

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Kobojunkie: 12:48pm On May 13, 2022
Gagare1:
I don't know if it is the Hausa man in me that is speaking. Either or, I strongly believe in self defence as a God-given right. I live in a 99.9% Muslim populated area. We seem to flow okay considering our common cultural history. However, I am aware of their tendencies. I keep our relationship formal and extend Kingdom love when the opportunity presents itself.
However, I will not be trampled unjustly. If I notice any sign of aggression, I will withdraw from there. But if chased with the intention of harm to me and mine, by God, I will not go down alone.
Well, are you sure this right you claim is of God or instead of you?
38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.’
39 But I tell you, don’t fight back against someone who wants to do harm to you. If they hit you on the right cheek, let them hit the other cheek too.
40 If anyone wants to sue you in court and take your shirt, let them have your coat too.
42 Give to anyone who asks you for something. Don’t refuse to give to anyone who wants to borrow from you. - Matthew 5 vs 38 - 42
Jesus Christ Himself told you not to fight back when attacked. So, do you obey Him or do you not? undecided
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Truvelisback(m): 1:37pm On May 13, 2022
Shalommy:
Does that mean u won't defend urself? See, let's keep that aside first. The people we are talking abt don't value human lives. Until Christians become Radical, it won't stop. How would u fill if someone Slaughter ur love one(s) like Chicken?
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Truvelisback(m): 1:39pm On May 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So, if Someone comes to ur room with a very Sharp Cutlass to Butcher u, u won't defend urself?
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Kobojunkie: 1:39pm On May 13, 2022
Truvelisback:
Does that mean u won't defend urself? See, let's kept that aside first. The people we are talking abt don't value human lives. Until Christians become Radical, it won't stop. How would u fill if someone Slaughter ur love one(s) like Chicken?
So Christians should altogether abandon Jesus Christ in order that they may save their own lives here on earth, that is what you are suggesting as one who claims to be Christian? undecided
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Kobojunkie: 1:40pm On May 13, 2022
Truvelisback:
So, if Someone comes to ur room with a very Sharp Cutlass to Butcher u, u won't defend urself?
Exactly as Jesus Christ commands. undecided
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Truvelisback(m): 1:43pm On May 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Exactly as Jesus Christ commands. undecided
I am asking u. Won't u defend urself, if someone comes with a Very Sharp cutlass to kill u?
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Kobojunkie: 1:44pm On May 13, 2022
Truvelisback:
I am asking u. Won't u defend urself, if someone comes with a Very Sharp cutlass to kill u?
And I answered you saying I would do exactly as Jesus Christ commands. undecided
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Truvelisback(m): 1:51pm On May 13, 2022
Gagare1:
God has given us 5 and 6 senses to reason. Sometimes, God expects us to use our Brain. Let's say a Terrorist came to rape a Christian Lady in a room, and the lady has the opportunity to defend herself using a weapon, like a knife, cutlass or even wood in other to escape, do expect the Christian lady to fold her arms and allow the terrorist rape her because God would avenge her?
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Kobojunkie: 1:54pm On May 13, 2022
Truvelisback, God is not a fool.... certainly not your fool. He is Wisdom Himself but if you think you know better than He does, why not altogether abandon God and go it alone in these things since you seem to believe your way is better than God's way. undecided

Why pretend to hold on to belief which you are diametrically opposed to? You gain absolutely nothing good by this. cundecided
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:54pm On May 13, 2022
A first century Jewish carpenter known as Jesus of Nazareth said:

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matthew 5:43-48

How does man's order sound to you, wise or foolish? smiley
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Truvelisback(m): 1:56pm On May 13, 2022
Candidlady:

Discus on ground
I wonder. So, even if a terrorist tries to rape u, and u have the opportunity to defend urself and escape, u shouldn't because God will come down from Heaven to save u, lol.
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Truvelisback(m): 1:58pm On May 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Truvelisback, God is not a fool.... certainly not your fool. He is Wisdom Himself but if you think you know better than He does, why not altogether abandon God and go it alone in these things since you seem to believe your way is better than God's way. undecided

Why pretend to hold on to belief which you are diametrically opposed to? You gain absolutely nothing good by this. cundecided
God won't do everything for u. There are things u must do for urself.
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Truvelisback(m): 2:06pm On May 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
A first century Jewish carpenter known as Jesus of Nazareth said:

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matthew 5:43-48

How does man's order sound to you, wise or foolish? smiley
Have u red abt what Jesus Christ did to the people who turned the House of God to Market place? He threw away their Properties, destroy their properties and even whip them.
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Kobojunkie: 2:11pm On May 13, 2022
Truvelisback:
God won't do everything for u. There are things u must do for urself.
So, when God said.....
You instead take that to mean God wants you to do these things for yourself?, undecided
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:12pm On May 13, 2022
Truvelisback:
Have u red abt what Jesus Christ did to the people who turned the House of God to Market place? He threw away their Properties, destroy their properties and even whip them.
Those people never use VIOLENCE rather they were doing business inside a place designated for worship.
But here you are talking about people who are VIOLENT unlike those doing business in the temple this ones strongly believe they're fighting for God. So did Jesus of Nazareth ordered his followers to go for VIOLENCE against VIOLENCE? smiley
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Truvelisback(m): 2:23pm On May 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Those people never use VIOLENCE rather they were doing business inside a place designated for worship.
But here you are talking about people who are VIOLENT unlike those doing business in the temple this ones strongly believe they're fighting for God. So did Jesus of Nazareth ordered his followers to go for VIOLENCE against VIOLENCE? smiley
Do u think Jesus wouldn't have defend Himself if not for His mission to redeem mankind with His Blood?
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Gagare1(m): 2:45pm On May 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Check this out (Luke 22:35-38)
35 Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals,(A) did you lack anything?”

“Nothing,” they answered.

36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. 37 It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’[a];(B) and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.”

38 The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.”

“That’s enough!” he replied.
The sword is not for attack, but defence.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Kobojunkie: 2:47pm On May 13, 2022
Truvelisback:
Do u think Jesus wouldn't have defend Himself if not for His mission to redeem mankind with His Blood?
Jesus Christ didn't redeem mankind with His blood. Instead He provided for mankind a path to redemption by the shedding of His blood which is completely different from what you claimed. undecided
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Kobojunkie: 2:49pm On May 13, 2022
Gagare1:

Check this out (Luke 22:35-38)
35 Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals,(A) did you lack anything?”

“Nothing,” they answered.

36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.
37 It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’[a]; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.
38 The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.”
“That’s enough!” he replied.
The sword is not for attack, but defence.
If you continued down through to the end of that same passage, you would have seen, that indeed Jesus Christ was setting up the scene for what was about to take place/fulfilled in Luke 22 vs 47 - 53, as spoken of by Isaiah (Isaiah 53 vs 12) . . undecided

Always pay attention to context abeg! undecided
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:52pm On May 13, 2022
Truvelisback:
Of course Jesus would have defended himself if not because he is the CHRIST so whoever is defending himself by taking up weapons against enemies is not a CHRISTian! Matthew 26:52 undecided
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Image123(m): 3:03pm On May 13, 2022
Truvelisback:

Don't do things that will unnecessarily put your life at risk. Wisdom is profitable to direct. Don't die foolishly.
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by kkins25(m): 3:21pm On May 13, 2022
Truvelisback:
Yes, why not. Christians are infidels and would forever remain a second class human. But should we pick up swords and spears? No!

Vibro cholera is a very nasty demon. Not to mention maize blight which can strike at anytime..
You see my friend, there are many ways to tame the spirit of sturrbon horses. If the breed A won't break, we'd make its offspring believe they are donkeys.
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Gagare1(m): 4:05pm On May 13, 2022
Speaking of context. Jesus Christ was preparing his disciples for the hostile world they must face, now that he was about to leave them. They now have a need to make proper plans for their safety (something they didn't have to do while he was physically with them) even as they live. Similar to the case of them not fasting while the groom was with them, elsewhere in scripture.
If your assertion is right, how do the sandals, and other provisions he told them to make fit into the said "setting"? Why focus on the sword alone while ignoring the others mentioned?
Kobojunkie:
If you continued down through to the end of that same passage, you would have seen, that indeed Jesus Christ was setting up the scene for what was about to take place/fulfilled in Luke 22 vs 47 - 53, as spoken of by Isaiah (Isaiah 53 vs 12) . . undecided

Always pay attention to context abeg! undecided
Re: Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On May 13, 2022
Gagare1:
Speaking of context. Jesus Christ was preparing his disciples for the hostile world they must face, now that he was about to leave them. They now have a need to make proper plans for their safety (something they didn't have to do while he was physically with them) even as they live. Similar to the case of them not fasting while the groom was with them, elsewhere in scripture.
If your assertion is right, how do the sandals, and other provisions he told them to make fit into the said "setting"? Why focus on the sword alone while ignoring the others mentioned?
Pay attention to actual context of the events of that night... undecided

35 Then Jesus said to the apostles, “Remember when I sent you out without money, a bag, or sandals? Did you need anything?” The apostles said, “No.”
36 Jesus said to them, “But now if you have money or a bag, carry that with you. If you don’t have a sword, sell your coat and buy one.
37 The Scriptures say,‘He was considered a criminal.’ This Scripture must happen. It was written about me, and it is happening now.”
38 The followers said, “Look, Lord, here are two swords.”
Jesus said to them, “That’s enough.
”[d] - Luke 22 vs 35 - 38
Jesus Christ said all that to alert to the fact that very night- the now - that scripture was to be fulfilled. That which was written in Isaiah about Him was to be fulfilled that same evening. undecided
11. After his suffering he will see the light,[f] and he will be satisfied with what he experienced.

The Lord says, “My servant, who always does what is right, will make his people right with me; he will take away their sins.
12 For this reason, I will treat him as one of my great people. I will give him the rewards of one who wins in battle, and he will share them with his powerful ones. I will do this because he gave his life for the people. He was considered a criminal, but the truth is, he carried away the sins of many. Now he will stand before me and speak for those who have sinned.” - Isaiah 53 vs 11 - 12
He requested they get the sword for that very event. undecided
47 While Jesus was speaking, a crowd came up. It was led by Judas, one of the twelve apostles. He came over to Jesus to kiss him.
48 But Jesus said to him, “Judas, are you using the kiss of friendship to hand over the Son of Man to his enemies?”
49 The followers of Jesus were standing there too. They saw what was happening and said to Jesus, “Lord, should we use our swords?”
50 And one of them did use his sword. He cut off the right ear of the servant of the high priest.

51 Jesus said, “Stop!” Then he touched the servant’s ear and healed him.

52 Jesus spoke to the group that came to arrest him. They were the leading priests, the older Jewish leaders, and the Jewish soldiers. He said to them, “Why did you come out here with swords and clubs? Do you think I am a criminal?
53 I was with you every day in the Temple area. Why didn’t you try to arrest me there? But this is your time—the time when darkness rules.” - Luke 22 vs 47 - 53

then where do you place Jesus Christ's direct answer to the question that was asked by His disciples then? undecided
47 While Jesus was speaking, a crowd came up. It was led by Judas, one of the twelve apostles. He came over to Jesus to kiss him.
48 But Jesus said to him, “Judas, are you using the kiss of friendship to hand over the Son of Man to his enemies?”
49 The followers of Jesus were standing there too. They saw what was happening and said to Jesus, “Lord, should we use our swords?”
50 And one of them did use his sword. He cut off the right ear of the servant of the high priest.
51 Jesus said, “Stop!” Then he touched the servant’s ear and healed him.

52 Jesus spoke to the group that came to arrest him. They were the leading priests, the older Jewish leaders, and the Jewish soldiers. He said to them, “Why did you come out here with swords and clubs? Do you think I am a criminal?
53 I was with you every day in the Temple area. Why didn’t you try to arrest me there? But this is your time—the time when darkness rules.” - Luke 22 vs 47 - 53
Jesus Christ's answer was "Stop", after which He proceeded to mend the damage inflicted by one of His own. If He had been teaching a principle as you claim, surely it would make sense to observe that His answer was a No to violence, or does that not work at all with the spin you have of that night's events? undecided

Also pay attention to what Jesus Christ said there in verse 52 which I highlighted.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why There Are Atheists In This Religion Section / God Forcefully Impregnated A Child. / No Sex Before Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.