Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,098 members, 7,828,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

2023 Presidency: Olawepo-Hashim Surrenders Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Olawepo-Hashim Surrenders Ambition (500 Views)

2019 Presidency: Olawepo-hashim On The Rise Against Buhari,atiku -new Data / Give Best Caption To This Olawepo Hashim's Image and Win / Olawepo-hashim: I Was A Lonely Child Who Cheated Death 4 Times While Growing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: Olawepo-Hashim Surrenders Ambition by JEWELofHELL666: 3:14pm On May 13, 2022
An aspirant in the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim has bowed out of the 2023 presidential contest, saying his day will come.

He said the decision emanated from series of consultations and reflections on current developments in the political scene,

In a statement by his media office in Abuja on Friday, Olawepo-Hashim explained: “Certain developments have necessitated my withdrawal from the 2023 presidential race, as a result of which I did not pick the nomination form.

“Retreating not out of the lack of will to fight for our resolve and collective aspiration for a New Nigeria, a struggle which has attracted enormous support. Sometimes WILL and RESOLVE, Energy and Preparation may not be enough to engage in an encounter.”

He maintained his aspiration “is not an ambition but an historic burden, as a team player.

“My current political pursuit must now bow to our collective National interest. It is not about me but about Nigeria,”

“I stepped aside believing that another day will come. I hope our party will still be able to find a candidate for the 2023 election that will unite and secure our country. One that will lead an inclusive government, and build a prosperous economy that will not leave anyone behind. I leave the race believing that by the Grace of God my own day will come.”

He expressed gratitude to those who connected with his messages and those who have offered support and prayers, assuring that pausing his presidential run is not quitting the struggle for a better Nigeria, “a struggle I have committed myself to the better part of my adult life.

“It is a tough decision for me but in the present circumstance it is the best thing in my judgement to do.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/olawepo-hashim-withdraws-from-2023-presidential-race/

Re: 2023 Presidency: Olawepo-Hashim Surrenders Ambition by Truthisunique2: 3:14pm On May 13, 2022
Werey you didn't even buy form

Broke Ass
Re: 2023 Presidency: Olawepo-Hashim Surrenders Ambition by Nigerialabalaba: 3:18pm On May 13, 2022
Hahaha.....he no get delegates ni o grin

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Olawepo-Hashim Surrenders Ambition by IgOga(m): 3:20pm On May 13, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

grin grin grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: Olawepo-Hashim Surrenders Ambition by helinues: 3:21pm On May 13, 2022
Better for him.. He should rather queue behind the potential winner in the party
Re: 2023 Presidency: Olawepo-Hashim Surrenders Ambition by duduade: 3:23pm On May 13, 2022
Person wey no get 100m to blow

Clout chaser

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Olawepo-Hashim Surrenders Ambition by jamesversion: 3:24pm On May 13, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Does he even have spare N100M??

When you pull out that kind of money from your account, it must 'report'. grin

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Olawepo-Hashim Surrenders Ambition by YorubaIsGreat(m): 3:25pm On May 13, 2022
Boys don dey separate from men ooh but sha he is wise for not wasting his money on election he no sure of winning
I still stand gidigba on Tinubu's mandate
Re: 2023 Presidency: Olawepo-Hashim Surrenders Ambition by Realadey(m): 3:35pm On May 13, 2022
Buhari obtained just 2m naira form in 2019, but in 2022,he jejely increase am to 100m naira.
Look at the people who obtained the form o, u will realise that they never have the interest of the citizens at heart, they want to go and recoup the money by fire by force.
Olawepo thought he could gather his own 100m to buy form too, but what is his plan if he had achieved that?
Youths u better wake up and take your destinies in your own hands, if u get opportunity to japa, no be crime oooo, because the politicians are by no means our friends.
They have looted us dry.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Olawepo-Hashim Surrenders Ambition by Maxymilliano(m): 3:49pm On May 13, 2022
Lol ... Just tell us you don't have 100m to purchase nomination form.

This wan that can't win ordinary governorship election in Kwara.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Olawepo-Hashim Surrenders Ambition by Moferere: 4:11pm On May 13, 2022
I knew he's going nowhere.
He's always aspiring to be president every 4 years.
Olympia aspirant undecided
Re: 2023 Presidency: Olawepo-Hashim Surrenders Ambition by Omihanifa: 6:08pm On May 13, 2022
Realadey:
Buhari obtained just 2m naira form in 2019, but in 2022,he jejely increase am to 100m naira.
Look at the people who obtained the form o, u will realise that they never have the interest of the citizens at heart, they want to go and recoup the money by fire by force.
Olawepo thought he could gather his own 100m to buy form too, but what is his plan if he had achieved that?
Youths u better wake up and take your destinies in your own hands, if u get opportunity to japa, no be crime oooo, because the politicians are by no means our friends.
They have looted us dry.

What do you mean by he thought he could gather his own 100 million to buy form too?

It's like you don't know the man called GBENGA OLAWEPO HASIM angry

Person way get oil bloc. And as a matter of fact he defeated bukola saraki in 2007 Kwara state election under Labour party but he was rigged out
Re: 2023 Presidency: Olawepo-Hashim Surrenders Ambition by Buckeyemedia1: 6:11pm On May 13, 2022
Omihanifa:

What do you mean by he thought he could gather his own 100 million to buy form too?

It's like you don't know the man called GBENGA OLAWEPO HASIM angry

Person way get oil bloc. And as a matter of fact he defeated bukola saraki in 2007 Kwara state election under Labour party but he was rigged out
Don’t mind those Peasants, it is the ones that don’t even have 10k in their savings account that will make the most noise.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Olawepo-Hashim Surrenders Ambition by Buckeyemedia1: 6:13pm On May 13, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Lol ... Just tell us you don't have 100m to purchase nomination form.

This wan that can't win ordinary governorship election in Kwara.
Is your entire extended & nucleus family worth even 50 Million Cedis?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Olawepo-Hashim Surrenders Ambition by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:03am On May 14, 2022
100mili no be small money to waste cheesy
Re: 2023 Presidency: Olawepo-Hashim Surrenders Ambition by 1876myn: 8:50am On May 15, 2022
[s]
TheNiceGuy:
100mili no be small money to waste cheesy
[/s]
Re: 2023 Presidency: Olawepo-Hashim Surrenders Ambition by slivertongue: 9:14am On May 15, 2022
Wide decision. He knows an anointed candidate will emerge

(1) (Reply)

We Are Reviewing 26th As Another Sit-at-home In Biafraland - IPOB / Police Station, Govt Offices On Run As Unknown Gunmen Enforce Sit-at-home / Peter Obi Will Only Win If......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.