Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,522 members, 7,836,995 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy (7179 Views)

Pastor Pleads For Mercy After Being Caught Wearing Full Camo (pic/video) / Hushpuppi Emerges ‘Best Bathroom Cleaner In Prison' – Begs judge For Mercy / Boy Tied To A Metal Cross Begs For Mercy (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by God1000(m): 12:11pm On May 14, 2022
Originalmaya11:
This so sad
it's beyond sad
Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by CSTRR: 12:27pm On May 14, 2022
All these innocent blood shed in the north is why that region will remain perpetually desolate.

Innocent blood shed for religious reasons throughout the years.

Those blood cannot be silent. They will cry to the Almighty day and night to waste those that wasted them.

1 Like

Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by CSTRR: 12:32pm On May 14, 2022
I still remember that yoruba RCCG Envangelist that was stoned to death in the north.
They lied that she desecrated the quran.

They had the effrontery and audacity to kill a child of God, and not just one.
Many over the years.

No president on earth will be able to solve their problems.

2 Likes

Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 14, 2022
God1000:
Outrage has continued to trail the killing of a Christian female student, Miss Deborah Samuel by a mob in Sokoto on Thursday over alleged blasphemy with the British Government and the Christian Association of Nigeria joining the calls on the government to bring the perpetrators to justice.

This is just as President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered a probe into the incident even as Muslim clerics expressed divergent views on the justification for the killing.

Deborah Samuel, a 200-level Home Economics student of Shehu Shagari College of Education in Sokoto, was on Thursday said to have made a comment in her school’s WhatsApp platform which her Muslim colleagues considered blasphemous of Prophet Mohammed (SAW) and killed her before setting her corpse ablaze.

One of the students of the college, who witnessed how Deborah was flogged, killed, and burnt described the scene as the most horrible she has ever witnessed. The student who identified herself simply as Rakia, gave an account of how the voice note of the 25-year-old student degenerated into an uncontrollable situation.

Speaking from her parents’ home in Gidan Kaya area of Sokoto State, the visibly shaken student said, “Deborah was my course mate. I just stepped into the class when the uproar on her voice note started.

It was her own course mates that started it. One of them said Deborah dared them by refusing to apologise when she was asked to. It all started with a debate on the upcoming examination on a general WhatsApp platform created for our course mates. One of the students asked her how she passed the last semester’s examination and in response, she said it was ‘Jesus o.’

“Immediately, about three other chats came in from two Muslims and one Christian, telling her to retract the statement. Two students from other departments who over heard some Muslim boys discussing the matter told Deborah’s close friends to prevail on her to retract the statement. But she replied via a voice note on the platform ‘Holy Ghost fire. Nothing will happen to me.

Is it by force that you guys will always be sending this religious stuff in this group? The group wasn’t created for that but rather as a notice on test, assignment, exam, etc, not this nonsense religious posts’

“We were made to understand that some young men were brought from outside before the outrage. I was in class when some of our course mates rushed in, saying ‘there is fire on the mountain o’.

“The Muslim students led the strangers to the class to look for her. In fear, those in the class tried to help her escape and took her to the security post from where they hoped to create a way for her to run outside Already, a cab was waiting outside to drive her straight to the police station. Unfortunately, the mob overpowered everyone who tried to save her. They even threatened to kill anyone who attempted to stand in their way.

Her last word as she pleaded for mercy

She was dragged out, flogged and stoned. The last word in her mouth was ‘what do you hope to achieve with this?’ By then some of our coursemates were making calls to some of our lecturers to save the situation. At a point, all the Christian students fled the school premises. It was when I got home that I heard she was set ablaze. Since the incident, I have been having a flash of her pleading expression. She pleaded for mercy and called out for help but it was far from her. What a cruel way to die,” she said.

Another Muslim student who did not want her name in print kicked against the mob action on the late Deborah. She said, “what happened did not warrant her death. We are calling on the government to make a policy that kicks against attack on anyone accused of blasphemy

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/deborahs-last-words-as-she-pleaded-for-mercy-what-do-you-hope-to-achieve-with-this/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwifvvfnt973AhVTgP0HHTYTDNoQ0PADKAB6BAgEEAE&usg=AOvVaw2Ra0m8o-zVCui2V_GHbPcp

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
All this buhala ur saying is good oh thank una God she nobi igbo e for Red every where by now undecided

1 Like

Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by NoQualmz: 1:18pm On May 14, 2022
kingthreat:
Moral lesson from Deborah's tragedy

Be careful of the environment you are before you air your blunt views. It is just like going to Eastern Nigeria and saying something derogatory about Nnamdi Kanu or Ojukwu, that may be the last day of your life. Much of the African society is still uncivilized and act like animals. Do not become a victim. Lets keep unpopular opinions to ourselves.

RIP Deborah. Your blood is on the head of your murderers.

Or going to South West to say something about igboho undecided

1 Like

Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by Olufemiolaolu(m): 1:34pm On May 14, 2022
Useless set of animals. They can't stone those looting their monies and making their lives pitiable and pathetic. This is just too maddening. Their perpetrators should be given the fate in the court of law. It was a senseless killing
Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by kingthreat(m): 1:46pm On May 14, 2022
NoQualmz:

Or going to South West to say something about igboho undecided

You can be slapped, punched, but not mobbed to death for saying something against Igboho.
Yoruba Muslims and Christians have been living together for decades without one religious fight that made headlines for days.
Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by Krak(m): 1:51pm On May 14, 2022
kingthreat:

Hello, she mentioned Prophet. Maybe you should listen to the VN and get an hausa person to interprete for you. What she said is same thing you cannot say openly in Saudi.
You know these guys can be animals, let them and their religion be for your safety.

I understand Hausa and she never mentioned prophet in that voice note. Stop trying to change what she said Pls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by stamapro(m): 1:56pm On May 14, 2022
Even if she had apologized as they claimed, they gave her opportunity to, those blood thirty zombies would have still killed her, I can bet that. A satanic display. Even if she blasphemed, what gave them the right to execute judgement of death on her? Except they are all devoid of sin, every one of them from her class mates and those that flogged, stone, killed and roasted her will all die terrible deaths. Just wait for your turn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by kingthreat(m): 2:10pm On May 14, 2022
Krak:

I understand Hausa and she never mentioned prophet in that voice note. Stop trying to change what she said Pls.

I dont understand Hausa. I read the translation. It's okay
Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by spartan117(m): 2:10pm On May 14, 2022
God1000:
I would have singlehandedly defended her if I was there whether it will cost my life or not
I like this resolve.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by Krak(m): 2:20pm On May 14, 2022
kingthreat:

I dont understand Hausa. I read the translation. It's okay

I was born and grew up in the North. She never mentioned prophet in that voice note. Take it from me. She never even made reference to him.
Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by ZiggyMr(m): 2:46pm On May 14, 2022
BigYash:
The Christian students fled the scene. They could not protect their own. Stupid modafuckers...

so you think sokoto is southern nigeria where you will see mostly xtians?
those xtian student are minority, they might not be even up to 20.
Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by Gnosis777: 2:49pm On May 14, 2022
God1000:
This is heartbreaking, I hate religious bigots with every fibre of my being

This has once again exposed the dark underbelly of nigerian society

What happened in Sokoto cannot happen in any developed Islamic country, this is why Nigeria is not developing, it is completely unacceptable and outrageous

Nigeria has degenerated so badly, say No to religious violence

I would have singlehandedly defended her if I was there, I wouldn't mind the outcome

Heartbreaking indeed. cry
Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by Valarmorgulis: 4:43pm On May 14, 2022
I just read somebody say a good Muslim is a dead Muslim. sounding very true right?
this is what intolerance does,this is what senseless murder and violence does, you can only silence so many people before they stand up
Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by Anwakangwizking(m): 4:50pm On May 14, 2022
Dont play with this demonds in form of humans flesh the teach them false dutrin

1 Like

Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by caye(m): 6:46pm On May 14, 2022
franklingud:
The death of Deborah is not because of religion or belief.
It is due to the barbaric nature of Africans and their wicked mentality that killed Ms Deborah.

What is blasphemous about her statement of passing her exams?
How did she insult Mohammed or allah?

There's more to that story.
Students can be very mischievous and evil sometimes.

Anyways am watching in 3D.

...and this happens in every African society?
Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by Donpenny(m): 8:13pm On May 14, 2022
I feel like licensing Ak47 ram into a mosque get them all shot dead . And i wish every southerners do same everywhere you're

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by bolyviz(m): 8:28pm On May 14, 2022
This is serious
Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by PoliteActivist: 8:37pm On May 14, 2022
God1000:

I would have singlehandedly defended her if I was there, I wouldn't mind the outcome

Sure grin I know your type - I'd be wondering how someone standing next to me disappeared into thin air!
Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by God1000(m): 8:46pm On May 14, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Sure grin I know your type - I'd be wondering how someone standing next to me disappeared into thin air!
this is not a joke man, you don't know me.
I'm a type that will die for good cause
Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by PoliteActivist: 9:10pm On May 14, 2022
God1000:
this is not a joke man, you don't know me.
I'm a type that will die for good cause

cheesy Sure. For mouth!
If you'd die for a good cause and live in Nigeria, you'd have died long ago!
Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by DSoj(m): 9:39pm On May 14, 2022
This is so sad. I even thought she said something about Mohammed or their religion.
She didn't say anything wrong
These bastards are just low life animals
Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by Prettygirl200(f): 9:47pm On May 14, 2022
I dey talk am everything, Nigeria needs to divide, living as one is not working the Christains needs to be far away from those animals in human skin. I use to be against ipob fighting to be on their own but now I understand the reason Nigeria cannot stay as one. Even though am not an igbo girl I am fully in support of their division from this shit hole of a country.
Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by alfarouq(m): 10:00pm On May 14, 2022
Krak:

I guess you listened to a different audio.

If you listen to the actual audio you will notice that she was not the only person in the place where she was recording the voice note.

She stated her grievance and her colleagues did not say anything. Then she went the extra mile to involve the prophet and that is the point you will here undertone of voices called her name and cautioned her.

Since you claim to understand Hausa, then you should know "Manzo". If you listened to the right video you will hear her call Manzo and it is at that point that you will hear some voices probably of her friends cautioning her.

Where the guys wrong to do what they did?

Yes, very wrong.

Was she wrong to involve the prophet (SAW) after stating her grievance?

Yes, very wrong
Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by TheKrakon: 10:20pm On May 14, 2022
My fellow athiest, we shall not be ill fated.
Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by drmuchin: 10:56pm On May 14, 2022
ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS
Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by Cashio(m): 11:42pm On May 14, 2022
kingthreat:

Be careful of the environment you are before you air your blunt views. It is just like going to Eastern Nigeria and saying something derogatory about Nnamdi Kanu or Ojukwu, that may be the last day of your life. Much of the African society is still uncivilized and act like animals. Do not become a victim. Lets keep unpopular opinions to ourselves.

you're a big fool for this your silly comparison.
Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by r4bbit: 12:10am On May 15, 2022
kingthreat:

a very matured comment

1 Like

Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by Polynek(m): 12:35am On May 15, 2022
kingthreat:

Exactly Bro you nailed it.

1 Like

Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by Nobody: 1:28am On May 15, 2022
dirtydiva:
Taaar.... No go there, I have speak against Nnamdi Kanu in upper iweka and nothing happened, dey just stand dey look at me like confuse fools but can't dare to touch me. Kanu no dey give me food neither do I care who he is
Change locations & speak against him.
Ensure you don't stop!
Re: Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy by Nobody: 1:29am On May 15, 2022
kingthreat:

The Frontal Lobe of your Brain is well intact.
Kudos, Bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

aaa / Busty Female Thief Caught In Edo, As Boyfriend Abandons Her / Cynthia Osokogu's Murder Update: Rape Video Found With Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.