Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? (1187 Views)

U.S. Laments Govt’s Inaction On Religious Extremism, Considers Special Envoy / FG Warns Kukah Not To Divide Nigeria / Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by FatherOfJesus: 9:01am On May 14, 2022
Personally in my opinon, I think the way northerners reason in terms of religion is a big factor as whether this country should be one.
We seem not to be same set of people. We are different and the more we stay in this country, the more tendency for a clash to happen in future if we cannot contain the extremist northern muslim.

What do you think?

3 Likes

Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by Ijoh(m): 9:11am On May 14, 2022
Below is the so called alleged blasphemy by DEBORAH. Are we really in one country?

SULTANATE COUNCIL OF SOKOTO APOLOGIZES TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC FOR THE MURDER OF DEBORAH, STUDENT WHO SAID JESUS IS THE GREATEST AND JESUS MADE HER PASS HER EXAMS

It's unfortunate.

Her crime was that she said that Jesus was the greatest and that Jesus made her pass her exam.

That is what they call blasphemy.

It's not that she said anything against their religion.

She talked about her own religion and Christ.

It is now blasphemy for Christians to speak of their faith in this secular country called Nigeria.

Lanre Ayoola.

5 Likes

Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by MikeBetty(m): 11:15am On May 14, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
Personally in my opinon, I think the way northerners reason in terms of religion is a big factor as whether this country should be one.
We seem not to be same set of people. We are different and the more we stay in this country, the more tendency for a clash to happen in future if we cannot contain the extremist northern muslim.

What do you think?
You are wrong, i am a southerner and a strong believer of my people's freedom but to divide the country base on religious bigotry/extreemism is equally wrong. If it can be bulkanised based on tribalism,ethnicity, that is ok. If you divide nigeria based on religious extreemism or bigotry, what will be the fate of indegineous christians in the north likewise muslims in the south? The truth is northern muslims lack religious tolerance. Majority of the imams inculcates extremism on them.

1 Like

Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:44am On May 14, 2022
Yes divide Nigeria into regions, western region and if South South want to be servant to igbo they can go with Biafra.

Igbo have the religion intolerance just like North, they are only quiet because they are powerless. I want separation and non-indigenes kicked to their father land.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by FatherOfJesus: 12:54pm On May 14, 2022
MikeBetty:
You are wrong, i am a southerner and a strong believer of my people's freedom but to divide the country base on religious bigotry/extreemism is equally wrong. If it can be bulkanised based on tribalism,ethnicity, that is ok. If you divide nigeria based on religious extreemism or bigotry, what will be the fate of indegineous christians in the north likewise muslims in the south? The truth is northern muslims lack religious tolerance. Majority of the imams inculcates extremism on them.
So What solution do you proffer?
Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by Duru1(m): 12:58pm On May 14, 2022
MikeBetty:

I wish you the gift of religious fanatism.
Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by Duru1(m): 1:03pm On May 14, 2022
SlyDev:
Yes divide Nigeria into regions, western region and if South South [/b]want to be servant to [b]igbo they can go with Biafra.

Igbo have the religion tolerance just like North, they are only quiet because they are powerless. I want separation and non-indigenes kicked to their father land.

What an idiotic stream of thought. There is a considerable number of Igbo in the demography of the so-called South-South. There will be no so-called south-south when nation states replace shithole called Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by Acme45: 1:18pm On May 14, 2022
Duru1:

What an idiotic stream of thought. There is a considerable number of Igbo in the demography of the so-called South-South. There will be no so-called south-south when nation states replace shithole called Nigeria.
so who wants to be part of Biafra ?, Definitely not south south. We are not part of Biafra. stay in your Biafra with discrimination and domineering attitude

2 Likes

Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by MikeBetty(m): 1:35pm On May 14, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
So What solution do you proffer?
strong law against religious fanatism. Enforcement of the laws imprisonment of any clergy/cleric that openly surport fanatism/terrorism.
Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by Duru1(m): 1:37pm On May 14, 2022
Acme45:
so who wants to be part of Biafra ?, Definitely not south south. We are not part of Biafra. stay in your Biafra with discrimination and domineering attitude

Honestly, I prefer Republic of Igboland to Republic of Biafra.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by jmoore(m): 2:07pm On May 14, 2022
FatherOfJesus:

What do you think?

Deborah that was killed is from the North. You need to understand that there are many Hausa Christians, Kanuri Christians, North has many indigenous Christians. So dividing won't solve the problem.

Southern Christians political leaders are not vocal enough. If they are, we can abolish sharia law from Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by FatherOfJesus: 6:37pm On May 14, 2022
MikeBetty:
strong law against religious fanatism. Enforcement of the laws imprisonment of any clergy/cleric that openly surport fanatism/terrorism.
who will make the laws?

2 Likes

Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by AntiBMC(m): 6:41pm On May 14, 2022
SlyDev:
Yes divide Nigeria into regions, western region and if South South want to be servant to igbo they can go with Biafra.

Igbo have the religion tolerance just like North, they are only quiet because they are powerless. I want separation and non-indigenes kicked to their father land.

It's clear now that you are suffering from an incurable obsession with Igbos. Go nd check urself cos sooner than later, you will slump. Bp is real.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by AntiBMC(m): 6:43pm On May 14, 2022
Duru1:

The guy is a bl00dy f00l. If he makes any statement on nairaland without mentioning Igbos, I'm pretty sure he will di£.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 14, 2022
AntiBMC:

It's clear now that you are suffering from an incurable obsession with Igbos. Go nd check urself cos sooner than later, you will slump. Bp is real.

I have the right to reject them the same way Igbo reject fulani. You are threat to our existence
Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by AntiBMC(m): 6:59pm On May 14, 2022
SlyDev:

I have they right to reject them the same way Igbo reject fulani. You are threat to our existence

So Igbos are a threat to ur existence because they don't want you people killing them in their farms? Anyway, no point exchanging words with you.

At least you have finally agreed that you are fulani... that's what av been trying to ascertain.
Ciao!

2 Likes

Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by Kingspin(m): 7:00pm On May 14, 2022
Religion and tribalism are the central problems of Nigeria never corruption.
Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 14, 2022
AntiBMC:

So Igbos are a threat to ur existence because they don't want you people killing them in their farms? Anyway, no point exchanging words with you.

At least you have finally agreed that you are fulani... that's what av been trying to ascertain.
Ciao!

I'm Yoruba, I can see fulani traits in Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by FatherOfJesus: 8:51pm On May 14, 2022
SlyDev:

Igbo have the religion intolerance just like North, they are only quiet because they are powerless. I want separation and non-indigenes kicked to their father land.
seriously, how did Igbos enter this discussion?
You have anything personal against them?
Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 14, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
seriously, how did Igbos enter this discussion?
You have anything personal against them?

They are hypocrites, there have been killing of people in their region

Linus audu and Deborah are both northern Christian killed by extremists of both Igbo and Hausa

1 Like

Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by FatherOfJesus: 11:12pm On May 14, 2022
SlyDev:

They are hypocrites, there have been killing of people in their region

Linus audu and Deborah are both northern Christian killed by extremists of both Igbo and Hausa
Well, I think you have perosnla issues with the igbos. This is not what the topic is all about, so kindly stick with the topic and let your personal delusions off it.

I am not Igbo myself though but I can see the obsession in you. Get a. Life

2 Likes

Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 14, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
Well, I think you have perosnla issues with the igbos. This is not what the topic is all about, so kindly stick with the topic and let your personal delusions off it.

I am not Igbo myself though but I can see the obsession in you. Get a. Life

My problem is not Igbo, it's their hypocrisy embarassed they all kept quiet about soldiers killed in South East threatening people to remove video online.

They are in the fore front of Deborah now making things more complicated than before.
Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by FatherOfJesus: 11:25pm On May 14, 2022
SlyDev:

My problem is not Igbo, it's their hypocrisy embarassed they all kept quiet about soldiers killed in South East threatening people to remove video online.

They are in the fore front of Deborah now making things more complicated than before.
the topic is not an Igbo topic. The haste at which you brought up Igbo means you are obsessed about them. Be logical dude.

6 Likes

Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 14, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
the topic is not a Igbo topic. The haste at which you brought up Igbo means you are obsessed about them. Be logical dude.

I was disappointed when they all kept quiet about the death of audu a northern Christian killed by ipob, I'm annoyed Gloria and Audu didn't get justice because some certain tribe practice selective criticism.

You should understand my pain now, we failed Audu, let stop this tribal and religion violence, stop fanning it. This is what ipob are doing hoping it will lead to destruction of Nigeria.

They are not doing it for Deborah, they are doing it for their ego and more violence
Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by LOVEALAIGBO: 11:48pm On May 14, 2022
MikeBetty:

The problem with some of you is that you are unbelievably naive, and this -together with whatever crumbs they are giving you- is what the northern hegemony is counting on in their bid to 'keep Nigeria one'!

So you actually think 'strong laws'...'enforcement of laws'....and 'imprisonment for those openly supporting terrorism/fanatism' will actually work in your Nigeria!? Who are these upright and honest politicians, police and judges that will impliment all this, and where are they presently!

Southerners, right from the likes of Zik and Awo, have been too naive and too willing to trust the words and actions of these northerners, and this is part of the reason why we are in the mess we're in today!

2 Likes

Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by LOVEALAIGBO: 11:55pm On May 14, 2022
SlyDev:

I was disappointed when they all kept quiet about the death of audu a northern Christian killed by ipob, I'm annoyed Gloria and Audu didn't get justice because some certain tribe practice selective criticism.

You should understand my pain now, we failed Audu, let stop this tribal and religion violence, stop fanning it. This is what ipob are doing hoping it will lead to destruction of Nigeria.

They are not doing it for Deborah, they are doing it for their ego and more violence

NO!...What you're 'disappointed' about is the fact Ndigbo didn't buy into your evil agenda of going out to murder innocent individuals and then turning around to try and pin the blame on IPOB!

Ndigbo are sorry for the avoidable loss of all lives in this wicked contraption you call Nigeria! But when you want to commit murder and expect Ndigbo to buy into your false narration as to who the culprits are....you'd have a long wait on your hands mate!

3 Likes

Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by FatherOfJesus: 11:58pm On May 14, 2022
SlyDev:

OK, can you face the topic now?
Open another thread to discuss your Igbo delusions

2 Likes

Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:10am On May 15, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
OK, can you face the topic now?
Open another thread to discuss your Igbo delusions

You are Igbo and ipob member, a wasted effort trying to explain myself

1 Like

Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by DMerciful(m): 1:06am On May 15, 2022
You cant speak for South South! I'm from SS and ok to join Biafra!
Acme45:

2 Likes

Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by FatherOfJesus: 7:10am On May 15, 2022
SlyDev:

You are Igbo and ipob member, a wasted effort trying to explain myself
You are a slowpoke. I'm Igbo because I don't share your obsession for Igbos?
Dude, I'm not matured and not a child

1 Like

Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:45am On May 15, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
You are a slowpoke. I'm Igbo because I don't share your obsession for Igbos?
Dude, I'm not matured and not a child

You are Igbo man
Re: Northern Religious Extremism, Is It Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria? by Hyperchi(m): 7:49am On May 15, 2022
most ppl that have that fore father's skull been mine will not talk about it it SE issue them da carry like Gala. we No send u,

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023 Presidency : Peter Obi Is Going Nowhere, He Will Fail - Rev. Father Mbaka / Enugu Catholic Diocese Condemns Mbaka‘s Utterances Against Peter Obi / A Thread For Obi-dients. State When You Decided To Support The Obi Movement And

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.