Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,864 members, 7,813,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC (3940 Views)

Deborah Samuel's Murder: A Case Of Social Injustice - Okediji Prosper / Deborah Samuel: 34 Lawyers Arrive Court To Defend Suspected Killers / Deborah Samuel: Aftermath Of The Sokoto Student's Lynching (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by Nobody: 10:38am On May 14, 2022
My father was from south south part of Nigeria who went to join Islam.

My mother was a Christian but my father was a Muslim. He gave me the name Ismaila.

I was not a Muslim, just that I bore a Muslim name. I never prayed nor did anything Islamic because my father had agreement with my mother to allow us choose our religion by ourselves because in my state, everyone is a Christian and my father was even a Christian before.

Modified: I remember the Sarkin Muslimi(head of the Muslim community) of Akwa Ibom was someone called Abulama. He was deposed and Hassan is the current Sarkin Muslimi. I don't know whether Hassan is still alive. My father used to represent them sometimes by going to Kano on their behalf. But when Lt col Yakubu Bako came to Akwa Ibom as military administrator (ie governor during Abacha era), my father lobbied to become a commissioner. So Bako asked the Hausa community about my father. They betrayed my father by saying that my father only joined Islam when he saw Bako so as to get a political appointment. My father had been a Muslim for more than 10 years before Bako came. But the Hausa community lied against my father. Bako himself being a Hausa Muslim, therefore refused to give my father any post.

And so it was that when I attended primary school, I was the subject of intense hatred by so many students. I attended a primary school here in the south south.

Particularly, there was a girl in my class from primary 1 to primary 5, because then, we maintained our class and sometimes you could be with the same students from primary 1 to 5.

The girl hated me so much. She would be cursing my God and my religion because the impression then was that I was a Muslim.

I told her that "Allah" means God. Cursing that name was like cursing God. Anytime I said that, she would curse more and more.

She liked calling me Nsim enang(which means tail of a cow). It was the name Ismaila which she twisted to Nsim enang. Because of this, all the pupils started calling me Nsim enang. Sometimes, I used to be afraid of going to school because of the hatred that other students had for me. Most of the trouble I had as a pupil was orchestrated by that girl. My books and bags were stolen often. I was not permitted to join in so many activities. She was outspoken and had influence on every boy in the class. She was the one who instigated other boys to fight me.

It is now that I wonder how a girl of not more than 11 years could have been so fanatical.

I later changed my name to a local name at the instance of my mother because she reasoned that using the name Ismaila may result in me being denied basic rights by my own people. My mother reasoned that since the Hausa people did not accept my father as a real Muslim because he was not a Hausa man as evident in how they stopped Bako from giving my father any post and the indigenes did not accept my father either because of his religion, it was better we(her children) identify with our people by becoming Christians and bearing Christian names.

I changed my name in primary 5 just before the first school leaving certificate because I never wanted Ismaila to appear in my FSLC and by extension other certificates.

After I finished primary, secondary and University and was posted to Kano to serve. I met the girl who was my nightmare then in primary school. She was also there to serve. We had not seen each other for about 11 years since we left primary school.

She recalled how much she hatred me. She even remembered how I came to her to tell her that she should stop hating me because I was no longer a Muslim.

After service, I stayed in the north for more than 5 years. I observed the following while staying up north.

1) If you are always standing up for your right as a Christian, soon the Hausa Muslims would set you up and said you blaspheme. They don't mind paying someone to say blasphemous words, record it and said you are the one who said it, so they can kill you.

2) If you argue with a Hausa man and you curse or abuse him, he may say it was the prophet you said those words against. You may be very surprised how the mob would be coming for your head, not trying to find out the truth.

3) If you are teaching in the north, do not touch any book or bag in your class, so that you won't be accused of touching a book or bag with Quranic inscription or Quran in it.

4) If you are a Christian teacher and the students don't like you for any reason, THEY WOULD SURELY SET YOU UP. Consequently, you must avoid touching their books, avoid speaking with their females because even me, the whole school once went on an uproar because one boy started a rumour that I was "toasting" their girl. But the girl was kind enough to tell them the truth. She said she was the one who came to sit with me and was asking me about the southern Nigeria ways of life and other things. It was during the break time and she was speaking with me openly in the presence of everyone.

5) Sometimes a Hausa Muslim would call you and engage you in talks on Christianity and Islam.
Please I beg you in the name of God, do not engage with him. Tell him you don't have time to discourse with him.

Please. I beg you.

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by Nobody: 10:38am On May 14, 2022
Please let us live and let live.

Allow people of other religions to live and practise their religions.

If you believe only people from your religion are going to Paradise, Heaven, Nirvana, or whatever, why do you then turn around to hate and fight people who are not going to the same place you believe is reserved only for your religion?

Is it not an irony that you who are going to Heaven, Nirvana or Paradise is the one persecuting those who are going to hell?

If anything, it's those going to hell that suppose to persecute those going to Heaven, Nirvana or Paradise.

Let us stop persecuting other people and face our religion and our God.

9 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by dawnomike(m): 10:46am On May 14, 2022
SweetHearted:

My mother was a Christian but my father was a Muslim. He gave me the name Ismaila.

I was not a Muslim, just that I bore a Muslim name. I never prayed nor do anything Islamic because my father had agreement with my mother to allow us choose our religion by ourselves because in my state, everyone is a Christian and my father was even a Christian before.

And so it was that when I attended primary school, I was the subject of intense hatred by so many students.

Particularly, there was a girl in my class from primary 1 to primary 5, because then, we maintained our class and sometimes you could be with the same students from primary 1 to 5.

The girl hated me so much. She would be cursing my God and my religion because the impression then was that I was a Muslim.

I told her that "Allah" means God. Cursing that name was like cursing God. Anytime I said that, she would curse more and more.

She liked calling me Nsim enang(which means tail of a cow). It was the name Ismaila which she twisted to Nsim enang. Because of this, all the pupils started calling me Nsim enang. Sometimes, I used to be afraid of going to school because of the hatred that other students had for me. Most of the trouble I had as a pupil was orchestrated by that girl. My books and bags were stolen often. I was not permitted to join in so many activities. She was outspoken and had influence on every boy in the class. She was the one who instigated other boys to fight me.

It is now that I wonder how a girl of not more than 11 years could have been so fanatical.

I later changed my name to a local name at the instance of my mother because she reasoned that using the name Ismaila may result in me being denied basic rights by my own people.

I changed my name in primary 5 just before the first school leaving certificate because I never wanted Ismaila to appear in my FSLC and by extension other certificates.

After I finished primary, secondary and University and was posted to Kano to serve. I met the girl who was my nightmare then in primary school. She was also there to serve. We had not seen each other for 14 years since we left primary school.

She recalled how much she hatred me. She even remembered how I came to her to tell her that she should stop hating me because I was no longer a Muslim.

After service, I stayed in the north for more than 5 years. I observed the following while staying up north.

1) If you are always standing up for your right as a Christian, soon the Hausa Muslims would set you up and said you blaspheme. They don't mind paying someone to say blasphemous words, record it and said you are the one who said it, so they can kill you.

2) If you argue with a Hausa man and you curse or abuse him, he may say it was the prophet you said those words against. You may be very surprised how the mob would be coming for your head, not trying to find out the truth.

3) If you are teaching in the north, do not touch any book or bag in your class, so that you won't be accused of touching a book or bag with Quranic inscription or Quran in it.

4) If you are a Christian teacher and the students don't like you for any reason, THEY WOULD SURELY SET YOU UP. Consequently, you must avoid touching their books, avoid speaking with their females because even me, the whole school once went on an uproar because one boy started a rumour that I was "toasting" their girl. But the girl was kind enough to tell them the truth. She said she was the one who came to sit with me and was asking me about the southern Nigeria ways of life and other things. It was during the break time and she was speaking with me openly in the presence of everyone.

5) Sometimes a Hausa Muslim would call you and engage you in talks on Christianity and Islam. Please I beg you in the name of God, do not engage with him. Tell him you don't have time to discourse with him.

Please. I beg you.

Valid... I served Safanna LGA in Katsina. Those northern muslims are something else I must say.

To them, Muslims from other parts of the country that is not Hausa, are all fake muslims.

Stoning us when walking with a female corper was never far fetched.

9 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by FuckDModz: 10:46am On May 14, 2022
grin

Aboki na Aboki.

They were created to lick the balls of Mohammad and destroy every other thing that doesn't look like Mohammad’s balls.

Fucking terrorists!

32 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by God1000(m): 10:46am On May 14, 2022
They are still living in the past, very primitive of them.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by Akakanfirstclass(m): 10:48am On May 14, 2022
Islamabad..

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by Maxymilliano(m): 10:50am On May 14, 2022
Lol ... Asunmo would have been the appropriate nickname for you
Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by Nobody: 10:53am On May 14, 2022
Islam or satan can never have a root in igbo land

5 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by Pauladex(m): 10:54am On May 14, 2022
The combined illiteracy with fanaticism

3 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by falcon01: 10:57am On May 14, 2022
SweetHearted:

I was not a Muslim, just that I bore a Muslim name. I never prayed nor did anything Islamic because my father had agreement with my mother to allow us choose our religion by ourselves because in my state, everyone is a Christian and my father was even a Christian before.

And so it was that when I attended primary school, I was the subject of intense hatred by so many students. I attended a primary school here in the south south.

I later changed my name to a local name at the instance of my mother because she reasoned that using the name Ismaila may result in me being denied basic rights by my own people.

After I finished primary, secondary and University and was posted to Kano to serve. I met the girl who was my nightmare then in primary school. She was also there to serve. We had not seen each other for 14 years since we left primary school.

5) Sometimes a Hausa Muslim would call you and engage you in talks on Christianity and Islam. Please I beg you in the name of God, do not engage with him. Tell him you don't have time to discourse with him.

Please. I beg you.

I'm a muslim, I stay in the north and you are lying in number 1 2 and 4
Yes Majority if Muslims are not tolerant but you don't have to lie to prove your point. Except if you stay I'm some weird northern part I don't know of. Everybody knows Muslims are not tolerant especially when you touch their prophet or holy book they can switch from friendly to Straight up Barbaric.
Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by Nobody: 11:07am On May 14, 2022
falcon01:
Yes Majority if Muslims are not tolerant but you don't have to lie to prove your point. Except if you stay I'm some weird northern part I don't know of. Everybody knows Muslims are not tolerant especially when you touch their prophet or holy book they can switch from friendly to Straight up Barbaric.

You are the liar and I am sure you must have killed someone before.

You know how fanatical and "inciting of violence" you people are.

I repeat: There is nothing a Hausa Muslim would not do when it comes to persecuting Christians.

Stop trying to save face.

40 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by samso247(m): 11:08am On May 14, 2022
Make I book space

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by pharmagba: 11:17am On May 14, 2022
Recount
Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by PlayerMeji: 11:29am On May 14, 2022
Learn to avoid anywhere Muslims are in a majority.....That's their POWER!!!

NUMBERS!!!!

Don't allow them to congregate where you are in a majority too....

I understand this living in Abuja, that it is their biggest advantage, NUMBERS!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by gaby(m): 12:15pm On May 14, 2022
SweetHearted:
Please let us live and let live.

Allow people of other religions to live and practise their religions.

If you believe only people from your religion are going to Paradise, Heaven, Nirvana, or whatever, why do you then turn around to hate and fight people who are not going to the same place you believe is reserved only for your religion?

Is it not an irony that you who are going to Heaven, Nirvana or Paradise is the one persecuting those who are going to hell?

If anything, it's those going to hell that suppose to persecute those going to Heaven, Nirvana or Paradise.

Let us stop persecuting other people and face our religion and our God.

I wished all them religious fanatics and bigots would take time out to read, absorb, and dwell on these few notes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by Karlovych: 12:20pm On May 14, 2022
embarassed Nothing will happen to the perpetrators as usual in a useless nation like Nigeria, that's why criminals don't fear to commit crimes as they know that as the only justice they can get is jungle justice only if they are caught in the act.

The ones that killed a lady in Kano a few years ago for telling a Muslim to stop washing his feet in front of her shop are still walking free.

The Port Harcourt serial killer a few years back most likely has been set free as nothing has been done/heard about his case.

The best thing as individuals in the country is try to protect yourself always because if anything happens to you the chances of getting justice is 0.5%

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by Valarmorgulis: 12:37pm On May 14, 2022
Muslims are Evil demons ,evil demons,murderers , TERRORISTS.
This has to stop .

They have to be taught there are consequences for their evil actions

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by mhizace: 1:25pm On May 14, 2022
I finished my junior secondary school in Kano state,in one of their girls college,omoh this people are confirmed fanatics, intolerant,they really hated us then(Christian students), hardly make friends with them, we were not allowed to pray during assembly, only Muslim prayers

we were warned by some of the Christian corpers not to engage in any religion argument with them cause they will set us up and kill us

ooohh, thank God I left that school alive,my experience in that school is something I can never forget

13 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by an0daGuy: 1:52pm On May 14, 2022
That’s how in nysc camp in katsina state i and my guy were walking along a path and two ladies in hijab were coming towards us. As we passed by each other my shoulder brushed one of the girls own.

If you see the way this girl started wailing and jumping upandan flailing her hands like she touched burning coal ehn undecided even me self I was confused and looking at her as if she was having convulsions.

Before I could say ‘jack’, like 6 Muslim guys had surrounded us and were asking her what we did to her. She told them I touched her in Hausa.

I told them it’s a lie oh shocked that we walked past each other on a narrow road and our clothes touched that’s all oh. If not that the guy I was with could understand their language they would have framed me up there and then. After much explanation by my guy they let us go.

Since that day ehn, I cancel north out of my life.

Let Biafra do and come jor.

All hail MNK

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by valicious1(m): 2:21pm On May 14, 2022
an0daGuy:
That’s how in nysc camp in katsina state i and my guy were walking along a path and two ladies in hijab were coming towards us. As we passed by each other my shoulder brushed one of the girls own.

If you see the way this girl started wailing and jumping upandan flailing her hands like she touched burning coal ehn undecided even me self I was confused and looking at her as if she was having convulsions.

Before I could say ‘jack’, like 6 Muslim guys had surrounded us and were asking her what we did to her. She told them I touched her in Hausa.

I told them it’s a lie oh shocked that we walked past each other on a narrow road and our clothes touched that’s all oh. If not that the guy I was with could understand their language they would have framed me up there and then. After much explanation by my guy they let us go.

Since that day ehn, I cancel north out of my life.

Let Biafra do and come jor.

All hail MNK

ALL HAIL MNK

3 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by an0daGuy: 2:24pm On May 14, 2022
valicious1:

ALL HAIL MNK

Your head dey dia wink

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by valicious1(m): 2:58pm On May 14, 2022
an0daGuy:

Your head dey dia wink
Na so. We move

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by youngest12: 2:59pm On May 14, 2022
Hausas in general are the most useless tribe I've ever seen in my life
They value religion over humanity
They always breed violence anywhere they are
My grandmum built a Storey building house(face to face) in Oyo town in which shez using for rentage and I happen to have a room that I've being staying for 7 years now
In 8 of the room upstairs 3 are occupied by hausas
Just because I did not fast during this Ramadan period this people started calling me kafir behind my back,they stopped greeting me but as a Yoruba man whey I be I reciprocated the hatred by shouting at them if they do any mistake.
What really baffles me is dat me and dis wild animals were very close before this fasting but they just changed and started spreading it that I'm a kafir but the level of hatred and body hitting whey I dey give Dem made Dem to exercise patience
I showed Dem dat Oyo town no be sokoto or Kaduna if u do anyhow for here Dem go carry u back to ur northern state in body bag

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by SEGLIZ: 4:23pm On May 14, 2022
God1000:
They are still living in the past, very primitive of them.
this is the only way the northern oligarchy can keep them in control, depriving them of standard education and selling to them religious education.

Thanks God Seun isn't a muslim, many won't many would have being banished from nairaland.
Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by capnies: 4:42pm On May 14, 2022
falcon01:

JESUS CHRIST HAS BEEN INSULTED MANY TIMED BY MOSLEMS, BUT THEY CAN'T REACT BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT CHRIST CAN FIGHT FOR HIMSELF. I REMEMBER WHEN AN EFFIGY WAS TIED ON THE CROSS IN KANO AND WAS CARRIED ABOUT EVERYWHERE, MOCKING IT AS THE CRUCIFIED CHRIST, CHRISTIANS DIDN'T CARE BECAUSE MAN CANNOT FIGHT FOR GOD

3 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by bigpicture001: 4:47pm On May 14, 2022
Only person preparing for death interact with Muslims....

Me, I don't even mk friends with them

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by Lawly: 4:51pm On May 14, 2022
youngest12:
My grandmum built a Storey building house(face to face) in Oyo town in which shez using for rentage and I happen to have a room that I've being staying for 7 years now
Just because I did not fast during this Ramadan period this people started calling me kafir behind my back,they stopped greeting me but as a Yoruba man whey I be I reciprocated the hatred by shouting at them if they do any mistake.
What really baffles me is dat me and dis wild animals were very close before this fasting but they just changed and started spreading it that I'm a kafir but the level of hatred and body hitting whey I dey give Dem made Dem to exercise patience
I showed Dem dat Oyo town no be sokoto or Kaduna if u do anyhow for here Dem go carry u back to ur northern state in body bag

I love you dear. Confirm

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 14, 2022
youngest12:
normally I no like yoruba Muslims but I like this post.

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by Northernblood5(m): 8:36pm On May 14, 2022
studio14:
Islam or satan can never have a root in igbo land

Not at all
Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by wiseone28: 10:40pm On May 14, 2022
Ette nkana nsio uyo o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by Owologbo(m): 10:40pm On May 14, 2022
falcon01:
I don't think he's lying.
Because of the Deborah issue, a northerner told me how one can easily be accused of blasphemy if the they don't like you

He said the reason why there are no big company in the north is because if you have a problem with anyone or out of jealousy; you can be accused of blasphemy.
The next thing, They will burn your company.
Re: Deborah Samuel Murder:When I Was A Muslim. My Experience In The North After NYSC by PoliteActivist: 10:56pm On May 14, 2022
SweetHearted:

[b] 5) Sometimes a Hausa Muslim would call you and engage you in talks on Christianity and Islam.
Please I beg you in the name of God, do not engage with him. Tell him you don't have time to discourse with him.

Please. I beg you.

I enjoyed reading your story. It sounds authentic and could be real - unlike 90% of such stories on NL
Thanks for taking the time.
That girl who bullied you, how did she finally turn out? Did she apologize?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where This Suya Seller Gets His Meat From, Will Shock You (photo) / Lekki Attack-"Nigeria Army, Big Shame To You" Soldier Blasts Nigeria Army(video) / Teacher Bags 10 Years In Jail For Having Sex With 12-year-old Student 3 Times...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.