Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. (1638 Views)

Tecno, Infinix And Itel Are Not Used In China Where They Are Produced / Between Infinix And Xiaomi Phones, Which One Is Better / How To Identify Fake Tecno , Infinix And Itel Smartphones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. by thesolutions(m): 10:15pm On May 14, 2022
Hello guys

I did post a topic on my infinix Smart 5 not being certified by Google. The link is here. https://www.nairaland.com/7115491/infinix-smart-5-4g-phone

But today, I got android security patch update which I installed. On completion, I went to play store settings to check if the patch had solve the problem. Lo and behold, the place that they reported that my device is not certified was completely gone. Evidence is in the picture.

At first, I thought the update had fixed the problem. But on trying to stream Liverpool vs Chelsea match, I still got the device certification error message which means the device has not been certified yet but that information was completely removed from the play store settings.

My thoughts was that this security patch could be from Infinix and not from Google. Which could imply that the play store is a clone and not really the google play store.

1 Share

Re: Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. by Abfinest007(m): 10:21pm On May 14, 2022
Next time go for product like oppo,Samsung . Huawei

Team oppo and xiomi say hi

2 Likes

Re: Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. by thesolutions(m): 10:29pm On May 14, 2022
Abfinest007:
Next time go for product like oppo,Samsung . Huawei

Team oppo and xiomi say hi
Please don't mention Xiaomi. While searching for solution online, I saw many complains on this same issue from Xiaomi Redmi users.

Huawei/China are yet to resolve their issues with USA. so they are not play store certified.

3 Likes

Re: Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. by thesolutions(m): 10:31pm On May 14, 2022
I have cleared data on the DSTV app and started afresh but the error persists.

Re: Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. by thesolutions(m): 10:34pm On May 14, 2022
Restarting the device has not been able to fix the problem
Re: Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. by chatinent: 10:37pm On May 14, 2022
Hi, is your phone rooted?
Re: Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. by thesolutions(m): 4:32am On May 15, 2022
chatinent:
Hi, is your phone rooted?
Not at all.
Re: Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. by NotBeenPaid: 8:55am On May 15, 2022

Unfortunately, only root access could fix this.
Re: Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. by thesolutions(m): 9:32am On May 15, 2022
NotBeenPaid:

Unfortunately, only root access could fix this.
I only did root/super users stuffs during jelly bean era.
Re: Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. by Earlystar698(m): 12:50pm On May 15, 2022
Una no dey hear word, stop buying advance calculator grin
Re: Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 15, 2022
I can't say I get where op is coming from but if other transsion phones can do the streaming then sorry whoever you bought the phone from sold a fake to you

2 Likes

Re: Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. by Freeko4: 1:18pm On May 15, 2022
Op, please which app do you use for streaming live matches?
Re: Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. by ClipHog: 3:03pm On May 15, 2022
Me here rocking my transion since 2019 like Kilode wink
Re: Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. by thesolutions(m): 3:14pm On May 15, 2022
Freeko4:
Op, please which app do you use for streaming live matches?
I have dstv subscription. I can sream live match using the dstv app.
Re: Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. by thesolutions(m): 3:16pm On May 15, 2022
Valkan:
I can't say I get where op is coming from but if other transsion phones can do the streaming then sorry whoever you bought the phone from sold a fake to you
Not a fake. I sell phones too. just being economical about my use of phones after my big spec redmi disappointed me.
Re: Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. by thesolutions(m): 3:18pm On May 15, 2022
ClipHog:
Me here rocking my transion since 2019 like Kilode wink

I did enjoy my spark 4. gave it out to get a redmi
Re: Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. by MrBONE2(m): 4:53pm On May 15, 2022
Earlystar698:
Una no dey hear word, stop buying advance calculator grin
Am telling you Bwana grin
Re: Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. by Nolimitz: 10:14pm On May 28, 2022
Infinix scammed you, redmi swindle you, abeg go produce your phone yourself

2 Likes

Re: Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. by Elvis8236(m): 1:47pm On May 29, 2022
Remove your Google account and add it again
Re: Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. by Psady(m): 3:19pm On May 29, 2022
Nolimitz:
Infinix scammed you, redmi swindle you, abeg go produce your phone yourself
No now, he must try tecno product then diminish to the likes of itel or coolpad.

1 Like

Re: Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. by thesolutions(m): 3:53pm On May 29, 2022
Elvis8236:
Remove your Google account and add it again
You are rare. Only you gave thesolutions a solution. I have not done that though. I have three accounts logged on the device.

I think that should be the problem. I noticed I can switch between the accounts on playstore. I thought it is the default account that is supposed to be there.
Re: Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. by KingofHearts(m): 4:40pm On May 29, 2022
If it is new and under warranty just send it back to them and you should get another.

Register your phones and other gadgets @ N200 only,Flag and track lost or stolen items at just N500.WhatsApp number in bio
Re: Infinix And Transsion At It Again. They Have Scammed Me. by thesolutions(m): 8:35pm On May 29, 2022
KingofHearts:
If it is new and under warranty just send it back to them and you should get another.

Register your phones and other gadgets @ N200 only,Flag and track lost or stolen items at just N500.WhatsApp number in bio
The phone is less than 6 month old. But I dropped it. It has a broken calibrator glass.

(1) (Reply)

Who Has A Good Snapdragon Phone For Sale? / To Send A Picture From Phone To PC / Mtn,Zain,Glo,Starcom,Visafone & multilink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.