Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,143 members, 7,811,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Kyari; In Kuje Prison Private Cell, I was Forced to Pay DSTV... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kyari; In Kuje Prison Private Cell, I was Forced to Pay DSTV... (2903 Views)

Abba Kyari In Katsina To Fight Kidnappers & Armed Bandits (Photos) / Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power / Nanpon Sambo: IGP, Abba Kyari In Trouble Over Suspect Who Died In Police Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kyari; In Kuje Prison Private Cell, I was Forced to Pay DSTV... by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 14, 2022
Alleged drug pusher and disgraced police officer Abba Kyari says he is being forced to bankroll the DSTV subscription bills for his fellow inmates at Kuje prison as he cools off his feet in a private cell, Peoples Gazette has learnt.

Nureini Jimoh, Mr Kyari’s lawyer who filed for a review of his client’s bail application, lamented the harsh treatment his client suffered at the prison.
Through his lawyer, Mr Kyari bewailed his incarceration at the correctional facility shared with other criminals, majority of whom were arrested by his team during his active years in service.

According to the documents seen by The Gazette, the suspended officer had resorted to doling out cash gifts to inmates and paying cable television bills to avoid being attacked and killed by the vicious criminals he helped put behind bars.

“In a bid to mitigate the threats to kill the defendants/applicants, the chief warder advised DCP Abba Kyari and other defendants to advance some goodwill to the inmates by funding renewal of the DSTV subscription in all the cells for two months and make some cash donations to all the inmates group leaders as well as the church and mosque. The defendants/applicants complied on 29/03/2022,” stated the document.

Mr Kyari’s brother Mohammed swore an affidavit that contained details of the disgraced police officer’s argument.

Praying the Abuja Division of the Federal High Court to review his bail application, the alleged drug dealer claimed his life was not safe as he had been accosted by a Boko Haram terrorist “Yasir,” on March 31, despite being held in a private cell.

Mr Kyari further expressed worry over the increasing number of threats from fellow inmates comprising terrorists and armed robbers he once arrested in the course of duty.

“The number of inmates in prison at the distance of the IRT is large, but most worrisome are those arrested for terrorism, vowing to revenge the killing of their members who died in the course of operations by the DCP Abba Kyari led IRT,” Mr Jimoh pointed out. “The resultant effect of placing the applicants together with the condemned criminals in the same custodial home will have negative impacts on police and other security personnel, the likelihood of endangering and exposing the life of the officers to criminals in and out of service.”

Mr Kyari’s previous request for bail application to the court was initially rejected.

Citing instances of insecurity such as the Kaduna-Abuja train bombing on March 28, the Kaduna airport attack, as well as rampant banditry on the road linking Kaduna to Abuja, Mr Kyari argued that Nigeria had become a hotbed of crises ever since his arrest.

https://gazettengr.com/im-kept-in-kuje-prison-private-cell-forced-to-pay-dstv-bills-for-my-fellow-inmates-abba-kyari/?fbclid=IwAR0hO6aBEUAiTPVkV8z2y_qxFI7ScsOEQdhgElnib1d3lH2rMlSi4XoUfJI

Cc;mynd44
Re: Kyari; In Kuje Prison Private Cell, I was Forced to Pay DSTV... by PrinceOfLagos: 11:29pm On May 14, 2022
You be chairman of prisoners na , so na you suppose pay

4 Likes

Re: Kyari; In Kuje Prison Private Cell, I was Forced to Pay DSTV... by Okwyjesus(m): 11:42pm On May 14, 2022
Na so....
Re: Kyari; In Kuje Prison Private Cell, I was Forced to Pay DSTV... by festacman(m): 11:49pm On May 14, 2022
What does Abba Kyari want us to do now? Release him to go home? Of course, that's not possible. Putting him under house rest is too risky considering he will have his boys in NPF at his neck and call. He is already in a private cell and I am sure the prison officials will do their best to shield him.

He should be careful what he asks for. Which is better: Kuje prison or FBI cell?

4 Likes

Re: Kyari; In Kuje Prison Private Cell, I was Forced to Pay DSTV... by NwaNimo1(m): 11:53pm On May 14, 2022
koo
Re: Kyari; In Kuje Prison Private Cell, I was Forced to Pay DSTV... by RevDesm0ndJuju: 12:22am On May 15, 2022
They should bleed him dry.

Lean on him hard .

Is this not how he extorted the same criminals and even killed some and took over their properties ?

If this was in the US he would have been in PC (protective custody) and 24hr suicide watch.

Let him begin to acclimatize to prison life as that will be just the kindergarten for the hell he is finally destined to end up in.
Re: Kyari; In Kuje Prison Private Cell, I was Forced to Pay DSTV... by Praxis758: 2:04am On May 15, 2022
Every farmer I’ve known are always happy when they have bumper harvest from their farms except Abba Kyari.

Every teacher I’ve known are proud, eager and happy to meet their students in top places and high tables except Abba Kyari.

Kyari planted those guys inside Kuje and should be happy harvesting their fruits. He wrote the books they read; and should be proud to sit on the same table with them.

He should keep refilling his popcorn inside the Kuje cinema because it is a season film for him.

Where else does he expect the court to detain him? Inside Aso Rock or Luis Edet House?

That guy is a high security risk is granted bail.

2 Likes

Re: Kyari; In Kuje Prison Private Cell, I was Forced to Pay DSTV... by Kpengla(m): 4:00am On May 15, 2022
They need to hurry up and kill him
Re: Kyari; In Kuje Prison Private Cell, I was Forced to Pay DSTV... by Yankee101: 4:12am On May 15, 2022
Let him do the time for his crimes, but as a former law enforcer he shouldn't be put together with those he arrested in the past

We are human, we want justice. But justice is just, not wicked

2 Likes

Re: Kyari; In Kuje Prison Private Cell, I was Forced to Pay DSTV... by JuicyStar: 4:13am On May 15, 2022
So after hearing all the things your allegedly did, u expect them to pay? � You sef learn to be a cheerful giver.
Re: Kyari; In Kuje Prison Private Cell, I was Forced to Pay DSTV... by oz4real83(m): 4:46am On May 15, 2022
Considering the amount linked with Kyari, he isn't supposed to be paying only the DStv dues, they should also include feeding, clothing, medical and other expenses. He is capable. Where is he still getting all the money to spend in prison? I expected all his access to money being blocked to avoid buying our corrupt judiciary.

1 Like

Re: Kyari; In Kuje Prison Private Cell, I was Forced to Pay DSTV... by Johntitus: 7:25am On May 15, 2022
In all thy doings, get money.

Imagine Kyari watching Chelsea vs Liverpool in prison after all the atrocities he committed.

Life no fair! I have a friend who was in prison for around 5-6 months. When this friend was released I couldn't recognize him. Do you know why? HE DOESN'T HAVE SHISHI!
Re: Kyari; In Kuje Prison Private Cell, I was Forced to Pay DSTV... by talk2hb1(m): 7:38am On May 15, 2022
Does he think they enjoy in prison before?
I still don't support he being cohabiting with other criminals. Maybe Solitary Confinement will do, if they have one.
Re: Kyari; In Kuje Prison Private Cell, I was Forced to Pay DSTV... by princepee: 9:25am On May 15, 2022
Abeg if he complain about kuje he should be shipped to the US to meet hushpuppy.
Wonder why they kept in special cell.
He is a common criminal.
Re: Kyari; In Kuje Prison Private Cell, I was Forced to Pay DSTV... by b3llo(m): 11:50am On May 15, 2022
Very soon you will start sewing prison kaftan n babanriga
Re: Kyari; In Kuje Prison Private Cell, I was Forced to Pay DSTV... by Ceenachi: 3:19pm On May 15, 2022
Till the day I see this criminal in USA prison that's when I will take this Buhari and Apc Government serious

This man is just on holiday maybe when he's out ..he might contest
Re: Kyari; In Kuje Prison Private Cell, I was Forced to Pay DSTV... by TheNiceGuy(m): 3:30pm On May 15, 2022
Supper Cop
This life eh, the more you look the less you see!
Re: Kyari; In Kuje Prison Private Cell, I was Forced to Pay DSTV... by lonecatt(m): 8:16am On May 16, 2022
why not, just as you people force suspects to pay bail fee even when bail is free and police is your friend.

(1) (Reply)

IPOB/ESN Camp Bursted In Orlu / What Happened To Atiku Abubakar Large Followers On Social Media(photos) / Bola Tinubu Killed Funsho Williams In 2006...gistloversgram Reports!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.