Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Jesus Is All That Matters. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is All That Matters. (120 Views)

The Only Day That Matters, Since The Beginning Of The World / Chinaza Favor, "All that matters" a beautiful song / Jesus Is The Only Way: My Personal Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Is All That Matters. by oluade11: 7:29am On May 15, 2022
John 14:1 The Way, the Truth, and the Life
“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
John 14:2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
John 14:4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
John 14:5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
Re: Jesus Is All That Matters. by exCHRISTIAN: 7:47am On May 15, 2022
Why didn't the imaginery christ protect the lady shocked

Is he absent? Or doesn't exist? Or cant fulfill His promise to protect his followers? Or is the bbbile lyi*g as it used to do?
Thessalonians 3:3

I left Xtianity because I realized it's rubbish.
What do yo expect from a god that was born by a WOMAN and ended, murdered on Cross? Didn't help himself also grin

The entitled punishment for blasphemy in Xtianity as I was forced study by my parents back then is death !!!

anyone who blasphemes the name of the Lord is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death.
Leviticus 24:16

Deborah killers used this verse to kill her the way the verse instruct, I think they own a copy of christ papers, bible is full of evil to its followers.

I left religion for you!!! Ath3ism all the way

Before any rotten brain qoute me, see my signature..... grin

Re: Jesus Is All That Matters. by Mikee19(m): 6:58pm On May 15, 2022
exCHRISTIAN:
Why didn't the imaginery christ protect the lady shocked

Is he absent? Or doesn't exist? Or cant fulfill His promise to protect his followers? Or is the bbbile lyi*g as it used to do?
Thessalonians 3:3

You quoted 1 Thessalonians 3:3 where it says Christians were appointed to this. That persecution for Jesus name is a part and parcel of being Christian. Yet in stark irony ask this question!

exCHRISTIAN:
I left Xtianity because I realized it's rubbish.
What do yo expect from a god that was born by a WOMAN and ended, murdered on Cross? Didn't help himself also grin

Well not sure you knew. This was the very purpose of his coming. You mean, throw purpose away, save himself regardless? Were you just trying to be funny, or this actually made sense to you?

exCHRISTIAN:
The entitled punishment for blasphemy in Xtianity as I was forced study by my parents back then is death !!!

anyone who blasphemes the name of the Lord is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death.
Leviticus 24:16

Deborah killers used this verse to kill her the way the verse instruct, I think they own a copy of christ papers, bible is full of evil to its followers.

Way too many things are wrong with this that it's tiring. But I'll try:

Firstly, you claim a punishment for blasphemy in CHRISTIANITY. You said that and then went on to quote instructions given to JUDAISERS. Mischief much or just....

I don't even have the strength. Sigh...

Secondly, You even took the verse out of context! Why not quote it all!

NKJV Le 24:10-13,16: "¹⁰ Now the son of an Israelite woman, whose father was an Egyptian, went out among the children of Israel; and this Israelite woman’s son and a man of Israel fought each other in the camp. ¹¹ And the Israelite woman’s son blasphemed the name of the LORD and cursed; and so they brought him to Moses. (His mother’s name was Shelomith the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan.) ¹² Then they put him in custody, that the mind of the LORD might be shown to them. ¹³ And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, … ¹⁶ And whoever blasphemes the name of the LORD shall surely be put to death. All the congregation shall certainly stone him, the stranger as well as him who is born in the land. When he blasphemes the name of the LORD, he shall be put to death."

This "stranger" was so-called because of his Egyptian father. You know, like they were fresh from Egypt where they were taken as slaves. This is why you don't see his Egyptian father there: Now the mother is free! In reality this "stranger" isn't quite a stranger in strict terms. He lived amongst Israel as part of them. This is unlike a bona fide stranger, who just visits and doesn't even practise your religion! No such rule exists for such a person, cos he CANNOT be held to your standards with what he doesn't believe in!

See, this is waaay different than Deborah's case! A person who doesn't worship your God CANNOT blaspheme him!!

Having said this, this is NOT to Christians but to Jews as was permitted because of the covenant and time they were under. No such thing for a Christian.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Thruth About Religion / The Rod Of Corrections / Enraged Youths Set Houses Ablaze In Bauchi,over Alleged Blasphemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.