Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,685 members, 7,809,590 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN (16783 Views)

Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu / CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 / El-Rufai: 'Christians Won’t Vote For Me, Even If Pope Is My Running Mate' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN by press9jatv: 8:45am On May 15, 2022
Christians won’t vote Muslim-Muslim candidates, PFN warns APC, PDP, others

The National President, Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, Bishop Wale Oke, on Saturday said that Christians would not vote for any political party fielding Muslims as both president and vice-presidential candidates in the 2023 general election.

Oke spoke in Osogbo during a service marking the 30th anniversary of the establishment of PFN in Osun State. The cleric also said it would be inappropriate for the President, Maj. Gen Mohammadu Buhari (retd.), to hand over to another Muslim as president. He warned political parties not to consider picking two Muslims as both president and vice president, adding that doing so would make the PFN mobilise against them.

A statement by Osun PFN Director of Media, Bishop Seun Adeoye, quoted Oke as saying, “The Church in Nigeria is saying no to a Muslim-Muslim ticket. We are going to mobilise the church against such a political party. PFN has 65 million people and we will vote against such a party.

“Obasanjo handed over to Yar’adua, Yar’adua to Jonathan, and Jonathan to Buhari and who else should Buhari hand over to, but a Christian.”

Oke also called on PFN members to collect their Permanent Voter Cards and vote against any bad government.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/christians-wont-vote-muslim-muslim-candidates-pfn-warns-apc-pdp-others/%3famp

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN by press9jatv: 8:47am On May 15, 2022
Atiku of Pdp shouldn’t waste his dollars in the primary election. He should know the facts now before it’s too late. Christians have take a stand and they will all stand by it.

183 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN by micronut(m): 8:52am On May 15, 2022
Okay... Let everyone vote who dey like.

By the way I have a good plot of land to sell in Ibadan ọo. Check my signature for the picture and contact me.
Re: Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN by Kestolove(m): 8:56am On May 15, 2022
how many are christsin in nigeria, apc should give us muslim muslim ticket nd dey will hv higher votes than muslim christain ticket

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN by Nobody: 9:02am On May 15, 2022
Okay, Lets see

3 Likes

Re: Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN by slivertongue: 9:02am On May 15, 2022
Kestolove:
how many are christsin in nigeria, apc should give us muslim muslim ticket nd dey will hv higher votes than muslim christain ticket

Even in the North you can't say such not
to talk of the South. If any party tries it the Christians in the North will reset the party's brain

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN by mp3ree: 9:08am On May 15, 2022
slivertongue:

Even in the North you can't say such not
to talk of the South. If any party tries it the Christians in the North will reset the party's brain

Allow them to continue deceiving themselves that they are more in number.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN by Shevchenkko: 9:21am On May 15, 2022
Kestolove:
It's only mumu that believes there are more muslims in Nigeria than Christians

45 Likes

Re: Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN by Yankee101: 9:41am On May 15, 2022
Not gonna happen
Re: Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN by magnetic20: 9:43am On May 15, 2022
Definately
Re: Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN by naijainstinct: 9:49am On May 15, 2022
This warning is coming quite late. However, it is better late than never.

It is only an animal that will believe that a Muslim-Muslim ticket will fly in this present day Nigeria. It seems the gentility, quietness and peaceful nature of the Christians is causing them to think they can throw any rubbish at the Christians.

Na small small e dey start, it will get to a point that division of this country will be so inevitable even though it is not my immediate wish.

It is even an insult to the Christian body to even mull a Muslim Presidential candidacy, talk more of a Muslim-Muslim ticket.

And even if Tinubu wins the APC presidential ticket, who will he choose as his Northern Christian running mate? Dogara? grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN by Padipadi(m): 5:53pm On May 15, 2022
Lol
Re: Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN by Yankee101: 5:53pm On May 15, 2022
Confirmed

1 Like

Re: Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN by NwaNimo1(m): 5:53pm On May 15, 2022
koo
Re: Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN by Makanike: 5:53pm On May 15, 2022
I tire for Nigeria matter

Abeg make Una give me lighter make i light my weed
Re: Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN by FactBoyz: 5:53pm On May 15, 2022
Re: Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN by seunaj: 5:53pm On May 15, 2022
These people failed Nigeria. Christianity wouldn't have been so disorganized in Nigeria if not for the Pentecostals. Once man see vision today, the next day he's renting a small shop, stealing crowds from other denominations and setting up his own church with his own ideology. Nigerian Christians need to run the church like a government, and that's the only way we can match up with our forced brothers up north. You can't throw open your space and be competing government with people who are running their culture as a religion and a government. The reason Christianity is still very strong in the east is because of catholism. Once you allow these crooked pentecostals to infiltrate, they will throw everything open. I am a pentecosta by the way but it's an absolute bad idea for the survival of the church in Nigeria. God forbid we go the way of Syria.

6 Likes

Re: Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN by jiz: 5:53pm On May 15, 2022
Christians are more than Muslims in Nigeria. They should all get that fact. Christians suppose to set the pace of the tune not the North. The spirit of Islam is domineering and they love to be in position of power always. Christians should wake up !

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN by Winters23: 5:53pm On May 15, 2022
Even though I detest politics laced with tribe and religion, haven seen what a Muslim fundamentalist have done as president I wouldn’t wish for another Muslim anywhere close to power so soon.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN by merits(m): 5:53pm On May 15, 2022

1 Like

Re: Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN by Mooh247: 5:53pm On May 15, 2022
Muric

179 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Indian High Commissioner To Nigeria Visits Bola Tinubu / Buhari: I Am An Orphan, I Don’t Know My Father / PDP Condemns Arrest Of Governor Fubara's Loyalists In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.