Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,313 members, 7,839,507 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk (1839 Views)

Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) / Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman / Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by VoodooDoll(m): 5:06pm On Jul 13, 2011
Is it true that the Ikemba has been abandoned in the UK,

How sad,

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/gov-peter-obi-and-bianca-abandon-ikemba-england

Ikemba Nnewi, Chief Emeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, currently sick in England, has been virtually abandoned by his wife, Bianca Ojukwu (nee Onoh) and his erstwhile political godson, Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State.

Our investigation included interviews with concerned doctors, Nigerians in the UK, family members, and close associates of the former leader of Biafra who is one of the most charismatic public figures in Africa in the last fifty years. Saharareporters has unearthed horrifying details of the plight of the Ikemba after he had his second stroke in December of 2010.

Governor Obi has told Nigerians many a time that Chief Ojukwu was receiving the best medical attention in the UK and that he, the governor, was taking care of the medical bills. But sources close to the family as well as a medical source disclosed to Saharareporters that Ikemba had been dumped in an elderly home in England due to lack of money to pay his hospital bills. Meanwhile our investigation showed that Ikemba’s wife, Bianca, is now living with her boyfriend, Uju Robert Okonkwo, in her husband’s home in Enugu. Mr. Okonkwo is a commissioner in Governor Obi’s government and Bianca reportedly nominated him for the job
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by aljharem3: 5:13pm On Jul 13, 2011
VoodooDoll:

Is it true that the Ikemba has been abandoned in the UK,

How sad,

http:///news-page/gov-peter-obi-and-bianca-abandon-ikemba-england

Ikemba Nnewi, Chief Emeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, currently sick in England, has been virtually abandoned by his wife, Bianca Ojukwu (nee Onoh) and his erstwhile political godson, Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State.

Our investigation included interviews with concerned doctors, Nigerians in the UK, family members, and close associates of the former leader of Biafra who is one of the most charismatic public figures in Africa in the last fifty years. Saharareporters has unearthed horrifying details of the plight of the Ikemba after he had his second stroke in December of 2010.

Governor Obi has told Nigerians many a time that Chief Ojukwu was receiving the best medical attention in the UK and that he, the governor, was taking care of the medical bills. But sources close to the family as well as a medical source disclosed to Saharareporters that Ikemba had been dumped in an elderly home in England due to lack of money to pay his hospital bills. Meanwhile our investigation showed that Ikemba’s wife, Bianca, is now living with her boyfriend, Uju Robert Okonkwo, in her husband’s home in Enugu. Mr. Okonkwo is a commissioner in Governor Obi’s government and Bianca reportedly nominated him for the job

bianca shocked

it think the story is not accurate
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by VoodooDoll(m): 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2011
Well I hope it isn't as he is a huge part of Nigeria's history.

Regardless of your ethnic grouping you have to accept that he is well respected. If it is true then GEJ should see that he is taken care of.
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by mbulela: 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2011
is this story from Prime People?
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by VoodooDoll(m): 5:28pm On Jul 13, 2011
It's from "Wahala Reporters" , Sahara Reporters.
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by VoodooDoll(m): 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2011
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by dayokanu(m): 5:34pm On Jul 13, 2011
hmmm
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by blacksta(m): 5:38pm On Jul 13, 2011
It has been reported that Yellow Sisi Bianca has moved in with her commissioner boyfriend - Na wa 000
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by bashr4: 5:42pm On Jul 13, 2011
evil men and women ,God punish all of you.
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by NegroNtns(m): 5:45pm On Jul 13, 2011
Regardless of your ethnic grouping you have to accept that he is well respected. 

. . . Clarify "respect".
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by aljharem3: 5:49pm On Jul 13, 2011
bashr4:

evil men and women ,God punish all of you.

pls who are u refering to
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by VoodooDoll(m): 5:51pm On Jul 13, 2011
Respected: he is a formidable person who is greatly admired by millions (in and out of Nigeria).
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by saintneo(m): 5:52pm On Jul 13, 2011
Ikemba has never been abandoned. Even some Nigerians in UK pay him a visit once in a while.
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by NegroNtns(m): 5:56pm On Jul 13, 2011
, . . And that respect is "indeed" honored to him by all ethnic grouping, or you "assume" so?
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by VoodooDoll(m): 6:05pm On Jul 13, 2011
Ah, I see, you're trolling.

If you know history well you will know he is admired by Nigerians everywhere. There are not enough pages on Nairaland to go back and forth on this.

By the way I am not igbo but I greatly respect Ojukwu for standing up for his people. He has his critics and detractors but you cannot say he is not respected in Nigeria.

If even half of the "so-called" elderly statesmen parading around now had even half of his guts, Nigeria will be a different place today.
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by dayokanu(m): 6:08pm On Jul 13, 2011
Standing up for his people include running away to Ivory Coast and allowing his people to be murdered?

I wonder what father would scale the fence while invaders r@p3 his wife and daughters
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by Ibime(m): 6:08pm On Jul 13, 2011
You don't get "dumped" in an old peoples home because of failure to pay hospital bills.

Usually after a stroke, you spend a few weeks in the hospital then you're sent to a care home. No stroke victim is still in the hospital a year after his stroke. My grandfather also went the same way. He was treated in the hospital for a few weeks after his stroke, then he saw out his days in the care home. This is bullshit reporting.
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by EzeUche(m): 6:10pm On Jul 13, 2011
VoodooDoll:

Ah, I see, you're trolling. 

If you know history well you will know he is admired by Nigerians everywhere.  There are not enough pages on Nairaland to go back and forth on this.

By the way I am not igbo but I greatly respect Ojukwu for standing up for his people.  He has his critics and detractors but you cannot say he is not respected in Nigeria.

If even half of the "so-called" elderly statesmen parading around now had even half of his guts, Nigeria will be a different place today.

Thank you for your post.

There is a reason why he is respected and people like Obasanjo and Gowon are ridiculed.
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by NegroNtns(m): 6:11pm On Jul 13, 2011
The problem is he didn't have guts!

He squandered an otherwise brilliant life and greatness, and with it squandered the lives of many innocents.

Its one thing to have sympathy for his condition, but "respect" is too elevated and to dump all ethnic grps into it is misleading.

Take a poll and ask non-igbos if they respect Ojukwu and the result will be very dissapointing.
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by ezeagu(m): 6:12pm On Jul 13, 2011
dayokanu:

Standing up for his people include running away to Ivory Coast and allowing his people to be murdered?

I wonder what father would scale the fence while invaders r@p3 his wife and daughters

He will always be celebrated, you will never get over it. Somethings never change.
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by EzeUche(m): 6:15pm On Jul 13, 2011
His people love him and that is the most important thing, and we shall defend him.
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by NegroNtns(m): 6:16pm On Jul 13, 2011
Eze,

Of course he will always be celebrated and respected, but. . . .by his people.

What caught my attention was the term "every ethnic grp". Wow!!
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by EzeUche(m): 6:17pm On Jul 13, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Eze,

Of course he will always be celebrated and respected, but. . . .by his people.

What caught my attention was the term "every ethnic grp". Wow!!

Well he is respected by many non-Igbos as well.
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by ezeagu(m): 6:18pm On Jul 13, 2011
People just have to get over it. Every foreigner that has ever heard about the war knows only two names, and that is Biafra and Colonel Ojukwu. Igbo people have certainly gotten over it, time for you all to do the same.
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by NegroNtns(m): 6:21pm On Jul 13, 2011
Well, some Yorubas like myself have sympathy for his condition, but I don't know any of us that respect Ikemba.
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by EzeUche(m): 6:24pm On Jul 13, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Well, some Yorubas like myself have sympathy for his condition, but I don't know any of us that respect Ikemba.

Speak for yourself and not for all your people, because I know Yorubas who respect him what he stood for.
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by redsun(m): 6:25pm On Jul 13, 2011
Ojukwu is a heroic visionary and only those with vision and lion hearted can see that
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by redsun(m): 6:30pm On Jul 13, 2011
I wish he had died at d first strike of stroke,instead relying on infidels to see him through incapacity
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by aljharem3: 6:30pm On Jul 13, 2011
redsun:

Ojukwu is a heroic visionary and only those with vision and lion hearted can see that

don't decieve urself

pls lets leave ojukwu story out of this because he is ill for now

if u call a coward a heroic person then we have to give big credit to gen togo of the niger/delta
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by redsun(m): 6:32pm On Jul 13, 2011
A hero lives to fight another day
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by ezeagu(m): 6:34pm On Jul 13, 2011
. . . and as usually people are unnecessarily hitting their heads against a solid wall.
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by ektbear: 6:37pm On Jul 13, 2011
Link to the article:

http://[b]s[/b]aharareporters.com/news-page/gov-peter-obi-and-bianca-abandon-ikemba-england

(1) (2)

Breaking News! Biafra Government In Exile Drag Nigeria To ICC / BREAKING: Ex Militants Back GEJ For Second Term, Say Oil Theft Must Continue / Independence day! FG Abandons Eagle Square For Fear Of Unknown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.