Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,552 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk (1838 Views)

Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) / Buhari's Victory, Not A Popular Mandate - Northern Statesman / Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by redsun(m): 6:37pm On Jul 13, 2011
An average nigerian is born coward and as disloyal as a dog,not even dogs could be as disloyal
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by ektbear: 6:38pm On Jul 13, 2011
Man wtf is Seun banning links to SR?
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by EzeUche(m): 6:42pm On Jul 13, 2011
I like to remember him with his youthful vigor.

[img]http://4.bp..com/_9SoSqLlemNc/TRGUo4er8YI/AAAAAAAAErI/9ltCDUXLmK4/s1600/ojukwu.jpg[/img]
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by NegroNtns(m): 6:44pm On Jul 13, 2011
Eze,

. . . And his pre-Biafra youthful brilliance. Yes!
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by tpia5: 6:45pm On Jul 13, 2011
aging is inevitable.

that's why plastic surgery is big business.
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by aljharem3: 6:45pm On Jul 13, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Eze,

. . . And his pre-Biafra youthful brilliance. Yes!

leave ojukwu alone for now at least

he needs prayers and our support
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by dayokanu(m): 6:48pm On Jul 13, 2011
Ojukwu backs IBB for president in 2011
| Print | E-mail
Written by Jude Ossai

AHEAD of 2011 general elections, the Ikemba Nnewi, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu on Saturday threw his weight behind General Ibrahim Babangida’s presidential ambition, saying the former military president should be given a second chance to rule the country.

Chief Ojukwu said he was convinced that General Babanginda had the required qualities that could take the country to greater heights, adding that the former military ruler remains a strong voice politically in the country.

The Ikemba who stated this when he received a delegation of Campaign Network for IBB (CNI) led by Chief Peter Dada Osadebay in his residence in Enugu, said Babangida remains his bosom friend.

It was gathered that Chief Ojukwu had cut short his stay at Nnewi where he is mourning his late second wife to receive the pro-IBB group in Enugu. He headed back immediately to his country home after saying farewell to his visitors.

Among the dignitaries that visited Ojukwu were Chief Emeka Ani [south East coordinator of the campaign}, Chief Anike Agbo, Alhaji Nurudeen Gasali Babatunde, Chief Anike Nwoga, Chief Anike Nwaba .

Briefing reporters shortly after a close door meeting with Ojukwu, the National President of the Pro-IBB group, Chief Osabebay, said that Ojukwu’s comments on Babangida was encouraging, stressing that Ikemba had promised to work with the former military leader.
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by dayokanu(m): 6:49pm On Jul 13, 2011
tpia@:

aging is inevitable.

that's why plastic surgery is big business.

Sweetheart
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by NegroNtns(m): 6:50pm On Jul 13, 2011
Alj,

You know what? I agree!!

I wish well and a good enough recovery to return to his homeland.

I'm out!
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by aljharem3: 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Alj,

You know what? I agree!!

I wish well and a good enough recovery to return to his homeland.

I'm out!

thank u wink
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by OAM4J: 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2011
Can we have another source to this story apart from sahara reporters? else this thread will be locked.
Re: Ikemba, Nigerian Statesman, Abandoned In Uk by dempeople(m): 6:55pm On Jul 13, 2011
[size=14pt]@Negro_Ntns[/size] and [size=14pt]Dayokanu[/size],

Get over it. No need to trivialize this issue about Ojukwu and his health and all the politics about it. The man is ill. You both should wish him well and get on.

Ojukwu, like everyone else, has faults but what significantly overshadows them was his ability to stand up for his people unlike Zik. I, as an Igboman, have issues with him but he still commands my utmost respect anyday for his stance. I haven't seen a greater hero than him.

(1) (2)

GEJ Visited Flood Areas And Promised Relief Efforts / Mr President Call Ihejerika To Order / Cameroon Gendarmes, Not JTF Killed Shekau - Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.