Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Finland Announces It Will Join NATO - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Finland Announces It Will Join NATO (18435 Views)

Hamas Announces It Will Begin Executing Hostages On Live Broadcasts / Senegal Says Its Troops Will Join Any ECOWAS Intervention In Niger / Russia Threatens Finland After They Declares Plan To Join NATO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by infogeneral: 3:23pm On May 15, 2022
Mr Putin pushed Finland and Sweden to reconsider their neutrality. The sudden invasion of Ukraine had made the two countries see how vunerable they are to a dictator like Putin. Hence, the need to seek refuge (NATO article 5). While waiting for approval for NATO membership, Finland and Sweeden have just signed a bilateral security agreement with the UK. Which means attack on Finland or Sweeden is an attack on the UK and vice-versa. And by extension, an attack on the UK is an attack on NATO. A smart move!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by Benny6944: 3:32pm On May 15, 2022
SUPERPACK:
Last, last Europe will fight world war 3 alone and destroy their useless selves out of this earth. Africa will now arise to fill the void with Nigeria as its powerhouse. This I have seen.

Noise maker. you no rise during WWII and after its now lol.. ordinary Russia invasion Ukr, most Africa country is in huge food produce crisis

1 Like

Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by Benny6944: 3:35pm On May 15, 2022
Kingsnairaland:
Finns need to take a leaf from Ukraine comical leadership. Comedian Zelensky used to be adamant on NATO membership when speaking to Putin. Today, Zelensky is a sorry sight of himself. His country in ruins..

.. And if you ask him now if he will to continue his adamant wish to join nato he will tell you no.....he has even said he is ready to drop nato requests if it will end the war............

Every time the U.S saves a country in the name of freedom and democracy, that country just becomes a cemetery. �....

..... Sad that Finland and Sweden have been deceived by NATO to place their vulnerable populations in harms way. This is a the wrong time of NATO history in Europe because the WW3 is in the making.

Oh... short up.
brainless users spewing nonsense

Give me one good reason why Russia invaded Ukr?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by Benny6944: 3:36pm On May 15, 2022
Obyangel:
Putin will reason Finland matter, and after the first episode, Finland will be Finnish last last.

Common sense should tell the government of Finland it's not time for this NATO shit, wisdom is truly profitable

As Ukr is already finished? Op with no brain

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by Cherrybae(f): 3:37pm On May 15, 2022
I wonder why Nigeria is delaying to join NATO.
Nigeria joining NATO eould have helped us destroy IPOB, ESN, BOKO HARAM ISWAP.
I call on all well meaning Nigerians to raise there voices and call on Buhari to quickly commence the processes of joining NATO.
IPOB and ESN must be thought a lesson.

1 Like

Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by Benny6944: 3:39pm On May 15, 2022
Dalil8:

Dem no dey tell blind man say rain dey fall.

Finland go soon learn the lesson wey Ukraine learn.

Oga close that mouth.

You think Fin is ukr? Aside nukes, Russia is just like a puppy. only causing damages with long range artillery..
in the front line they have zero capability..

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1525556432959070208

1 Like

Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by Benny6944: 3:44pm On May 15, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Nor cry when e start o.

NATO is a war coalition not an NGO.

When the same war you joined comes to your doorstep, don't cry & beg for aid like Coward Comedian Zelensky oo grin cheesy

Let's see how Russia survives ukr first before yoi talk about Finland. Incase you don't know. there's an agreement BTW UK, Finland and Sweden. UK will be ready to send even troops to Finland if Russia attacks.. now think of that before you spew nonsense here.

Puppy Russia later said after Finland declared joining NATO, that they will respond depending on the infrastructure NATO builds in their border lol....

haha oh its no more I will nuke you and don't join its now in another level. Shameless as$licking Rapi$t Russia supporters.

Russia will to date be little ants to US, go and read history. without USA , Hitler would have turned Russia to dust. quote me wrong

7 Likes

Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by Bigchristo: 3:45pm On May 15, 2022
HonNL:
Russian neighbor Finland announces it wants to join NATO

SOURCE

Live Video:
SOURCE
That’s their business, when Russia will deploy nuclear warhead close to border then the security challenges will be very high, they didn’t learn from what happened to Ukraine
Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by NaijaCars4sale: 3:47pm On May 15, 2022
This war is taking a new twist
Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by Benny6944: 3:47pm On May 15, 2022
MangekyoAlt:
I've left foreign affairs to pay attention to the wild animals wrecking havoc at home. instead of NATO to expand their alliance to the middle east, and deal with the untamed wild animals there, they prefer provoking another Christian country. Meanwhile, the sooner we realize that Abokîs need to be dealt with fire for fire, the better for us.
Funny thing is, I even thought the jews were going too hard on their illeterate skulls, not knowing that it is the only language they hear.
If not for Jesus christ that came and showed to us that peace and love is the way, we would've still been practicing the old testament meaning all these Abokîs for they collect well well......... But...... Them go still collect. Make them no maintain themselves. By the time we start sending some of the monkeys to SAW, na then their eye go open. Or perhaps they go even happy since their dozens of fresh kpekus prepared by SAW awaits them.

Hungry dog barking.

Let's see how Russia survives ukr first before yoi talk about Finland. Incase you don't know. there's an agreement BTW UK, Finland and Sweden. UK will be ready to send even troops to Finland if Russia attacks.. now think of that before you spew nonsense here.

Puppy Russia later said after Finland declared joining NATO, that they will respond depending on the infrastructure NATO builds in their border lol....

haha oh its no more I will nuke you if you join NATO.. now in another threat level. Shameless as$licking Rapi$t Russia supporters.

Russia will to date be little ants to US, go and read history. without USA , Hitler would have turned Russia to dust. quote me wrong
Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by Dailymemoirs4: 3:55pm On May 15, 2022
SUPERPACK:
Last, last Europe will fight world war 3 alone and destroy their useless selves out of this earth. Africa will now arise to fill the void with Nigeria as its powerhouse. This I have seen.

Fool. U haven't seen anything just a fool u r
Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by Benny6944: 4:13pm On May 15, 2022
Finland has just formally requested to join NATO a few minutes ago, Putin about to have a heart attack!

Puty made his bed, now he has to lie in it!

1 Like

Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by maasoap(m): 4:17pm On May 15, 2022
MangekyoAlt:
I've left foreign affairs to pay attention to the wild animals wrecking havoc at home. instead of NATO to expand their alliance to the middle east, and deal with the untamed wild animals there, they prefer provoking another Christian country. Meanwhile, the sooner we realize that Abokîs need to be dealt with fire for fire, the better for us.
Funny thing is, I even thought the jews were going too hard on their illeterate skulls, not knowing that it is the only language they hear.
If not for Jesus christ that came and showed to us that peace and love is the way, we would've still been practicing the old testament meaning all these Abokîs for they collect well well......... But...... Them go still collect. Make them no maintain themselves. By the time we start sending some of the monkeys to SAW, na then their eye go open. Or perhaps they go even happy since their dozens of fresh kpekus prepared by SAW awaits them.

Religion! Religion! Religion! Dem take religion swear for una? Many mob killings took place across the South in the past one week but these are nothings to you guys. Just shouting about one killing in the North as if that's more important than multiple mob killings that took place in the South around the same time. Una go get sense one day.
Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by railone(m): 4:21pm On May 15, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

when The US led alliance was fighting war on terror all over the Middle East, same you was criticizing them one post per day on this same forum.
You want them to go back again so you can criticize more??
Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by suratwo62: 4:34pm On May 15, 2022
lecowas:
Lol... People saying this is not the best time to join are bluffing, this is the perfect time. Russia cannot afford to invade many countries at once, and Russia cannot press a nuclear button as it stands... Putin's generals might eliminate him cos they know Russia will never survive a nuclear war.
Russia cannot afford to invade many countries at once. That thank God is what Hitler did. He invaded and tried to conquer too many countries at the same time. If he had faced England alone. All of us would have been speaking German today.

2 Likes

Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by Johel(m): 4:38pm On May 15, 2022
SUPERPACK:

You've seen Nonsense
Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by suratwo62: 4:39pm On May 15, 2022
Benny6944:

without USA , Hitler would have turned Russia to dust. quote me wrong

I think you are wrong. Just like Napoleon, Hitler was defeated first by the weather in Russia. His armies were not prepared for the type of cold they met in Russia. Next they were not able to send in supplies to their troops. Russian train tracks were different from German train tracks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by RussellRutherfo: 4:46pm On May 15, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

This picture is what Nigeria Christians needs to start giving the Northern Muslims. I used to dislike MNK. If not for the entrepreneurial nature of the Igbos. They are ones that are capable of giving these jihadists a run for same violence.

Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by Benny6944: 4:51pm On May 15, 2022
suratwo62:

I think you are wrong. Just like Napoleon, Hitler was defeated first by the weather in Russia. His armies were not prepared for the type of cold they met in Russia. Next they were not able to send in supplies to their troops. Russian train tracks were different from German train tracks.

Noise maker.

https://www.rferl.org/a/did-us-lend-lease-aid-tip-the-balance-in-soviet-fight-against-nazi-germany/30599486.html

I laugh when lads of your kind starts ranting about Russia being leader of arms.. lol..

USA has been no1 in producing sophisticated and effective weapon since history. They don't brag unlike puppy Russia who brags. Even a few of their new inventories were also being tested in Ukr against Ukr and its been counter productive esp the new drone.

The only sensible thing yoi could say here is, Hitler fought europe and USSR together.. which weighed him down and Russia was not even match to him if USA didn't give them the right weapon to counter him.

how ukr is resisting overrated Russia today is just what happened in WWII. given the right arms to do the fight. period.

1 Like

Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by iramure(m): 4:54pm On May 15, 2022
SUPERPACK:
here you got it wrong. Africa can do nothing without them. Remember you depend solely on god for everything even though there is no evidence that god can produce car for you.
Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by okorogodwin4(m): 4:58pm On May 15, 2022
I wish the BIAFRA REPUBLIC will join NATO to save ourselves from the shackles of foolannni supporter of APC criminals killing women and children in the name of religious extremism
Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by happney65: 5:07pm On May 15, 2022
Shebi ori putin o fe pe ni. ori e ti ko pe yen ma pe..
Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by noisy45(m): 5:08pm On May 15, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Nor cry when e start o.

NATO is a war coalition not an NGO.

When the same war you joined comes to your doorstep, don't cry & beg for aid like Coward Comedian Zelensky oo grin cheesy

Oga Putin has said that he won't have that time to amass troops to face nato but that he would just use nuclear weapon straight even before nato will have meeting to attack Russia grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by drnoel: 5:13pm On May 15, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

Sorry but U are not making sense. Though NATO has no foundation with religion but it's a worse case scenario if anyone considers their expanding to the middle East. Their actual line of action is the best. They have to expand to Russia. Putin can't do shit about it. He can only shout abs scream but can't do nada
Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by Albertone(m): 5:23pm On May 15, 2022
exCHRISTIAN:
2 Christian Nations Fighting Each Other

Peace? Is What Jesus Teachs

Killing Innocent People

They are not christian nations.
You can openly practice any religion of your choice.
Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by NigerianSage: 5:33pm On May 15, 2022
Finns have also concluded that the Russian military’s unexpectedly dismal performance and setbacks on the battlefield in Ukraine suggest it no longer poses the threat it once did, Toveri said.

“Russia is so weak now they couldn’t risk another humiliating defeat,” he said. If Russia were to attempt to send troops into Finland “in a couple of days they would be wiped out. The risk of humiliating defeat is high, and I don’t think they can take that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/05/14/finland-russia-nato-ukraine-retaliation/

Russia is finished as a relevant power and even as a country.

Finland not only called Putin's bluff, but now they are rubbing insults on Putin's injury..
Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by riczy(m): 5:35pm On May 15, 2022
Finland will finally Finnish grin

1 Like

Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by suratwo62: 5:38pm On May 15, 2022
Benny6944:

Noise maker.

https://www.rferl.org/a/did-us-lend-lease-aid-tip-the-balance-in-soviet-fight-against-nazi-germany/30599486.html

I laugh when lads of your kind starts ranting about Russia being leader of arms.. lol..

USA has been no1 in producing sophisticated and effective weapon since history. They don't brag unlike puppy Russia who brags. Even a few of their new inventories were also being tested in Ukr against Ukr and its been counter productive esp the new drone.

The only sensible thing yoi could say here is, Hitler fought europe and USSR together.. which weighed him down and Russia was not even match to him if USA didn't give them the right weapon to counter him.

how ukr is resisting overrated Russia today is just what happened in WWII. given the right arms to do the fight. period.

Thank you for that info and link. It is really eye opening. You sabi book.
You try. Small. Okay you try!!!
Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by NigerianSage: 5:41pm On May 15, 2022
Russian military’s unexpectedly dismal performance and setbacks on the battlefield in Ukraine suggest it no longer poses the threat it once did

This is the main problem for Putin as narrated by Finland above

With the way Ukraine with almost nothing to fight with before the war is dealing with Russia and the fact that Russia can not win or have any sensible way out of this tragic embarrassment, countries all over the world are easily concluding that Russia is not a powerful country.

Russia can not recover from this loss of military power and relevance.
Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by Minjim: 5:49pm On May 15, 2022
Putin should do his worst

Finland is not a small Country to muscle
Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by NigerianSage: 5:53pm On May 15, 2022
But it is highly likely that Finland’s membership won’t require a significant NATO troop presence, analysts say. Finland has a robust and well-equipped army that has conducted regular training exercises with NATO countries. Its military is already well integrated with NATO military systems.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/05/14/finland-russia-nato-ukraine-retaliation/

Finland and Sweden are already NATO partner countries, meaning they are NATO members, but not formally which is about to change, they coordinate their policies, ideas, and values, they give each other weapons and intel and conduct military training together with NATO for decades.

Finland and Sweden are not Ukraine, they are very rich and powerful, they have robust military infrastructures and they've been preparing for Russia for decades.

These countries won't be begging NATO for planes and military gadgets like Ukrain because they have their own ready to go, they won't be begging NATO for fighter jets, because Sweden is the maker of the powerful Gripen Fighter jets, and the fact Sweden and Finland already have security guarantees from the US and the UK means Putin can not mess with them.

Putin might just want to take his losses and not suffer more embarrassment with another fruitless adventure with more powerful and militarily p and politically prepared countries.
Re: Finland Announces It Will Join NATO by Mckhala80(m): 6:58pm On May 15, 2022
only putin go dey cry because his military are now unwilling to engage anymore conflict as they've suffered much losses there in Ukraine. Viva Nato, viva finland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

In Retaliatory Sanctions, Russia Imposes Ban On Boris Johnson, Others / Israel Air Strikes Hit Hamas Headquarters In Gaza / Akufo-Addo Elected As New ECOWAS Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.