Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,422 members, 7,954,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:02 AM

Why Do People Worship And Kill For Gods That Cannot Protect Them ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do People Worship And Kill For Gods That Cannot Protect Them ? (238 Views)

Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them / Soludo: Unknown Gunmen Are Igbos Who Kill For Human Organs / Osinbajo, Others Attend Pastor Dare Adeboye's Night Of Worship And Tribute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Worship And Kill For Gods That Cannot Protect Them ? by BSdetective: 12:03pm On May 15, 2022
This whole Deborah Samuel case has been making me think really deeply about religion. The killers of Deborah are killing for a god that cannot protect them from banditry, kidnapping and endemic poverty in their region and meanwhile I ask myself where the God whom Deborah worshipped was when she was getting stoned and set ablaze to to die in such painful manner. Why would an all powerful God watch as one of his followers is getting stoned and burnt to death without protecting her?

What if these Abrahamic religions are just Jewish tools to keep the ignorant in check?
What if the afterlife doesn't exist?
What if religion is just mass madness or a mental condition?

Why would you kill for an all powerful god? Why would you worship a god that allows evil to befall his own?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Worship And Kill For Gods That Cannot Protect Them ? by Saviourk: 12:17pm On May 15, 2022
That's is your own perception smiley
Re: Why Do People Worship And Kill For Gods That Cannot Protect Them ? by LibertyRep: 12:21pm On May 15, 2022
A valid observation from a functional brain.

Anyone who hasn't been indoctrinated should reflect on this.
Re: Why Do People Worship And Kill For Gods That Cannot Protect Them ? by BSdetective: 12:28pm On May 15, 2022
It's only insecurity that would drive someone to kill for a god who he claims to be powerful.

Your god is powerful but your brothers in the middle east couldn't conquer the Israelis with despite the fact that they don't worship your all powerful god.

Your god is powerful but majority of you run to countries where a high number don't believe in god, you run from your war hellholes of a country where 90% are followers of your all powerful god?

Your god is powerful but cannot stop a hellfire missile from bombing your cities?

Your god is powerful but you see the need to pick up arms to defend grin grin your god.
Re: Why Do People Worship And Kill For Gods That Cannot Protect Them ? by risos(m): 12:28pm On May 15, 2022
Chop knuckle
If u dey brew make I nak u one bottle
Re: Why Do People Worship And Kill For Gods That Cannot Protect Them ? by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 15, 2022
People kill for a god they claim to be powerful anytime that said god is insulted because deep down they know that the said god can't really defend itself or it's honor and it therefore debunks the claim of the powerfulness of their god thereby debunking their whole religion because the religion depends solely on fear, power and more fear thus they kill for their god to reenforce that fear.

(1) (Reply)

Rotimi Amaechi Finally Resigned As Minister As He Seek Buhari Support / How Can I Get My PVC / Gunshots As Supporters Protest Siege At Okorocha’s Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.