Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,931 members, 7,814,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them (2415 Views)

Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor / No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes / Isa Pantami: Boko Haram Kicks Against New Sim Card Policy, Threatens Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by BloomingDale(f): 2:07pm On Jun 09, 2023
Let it be known that NONE of the CHARLATAN usurpers in the Lagos State House of Assembly, currently contemplating a law that will infringe on the the right to own property guaranteed by the Constitution is a bonafide indigenous Lagosian.

As I once told Bola Ahmed Tinubu in 2003, on the Monday after Saheed Elegushi's wedding at LTV 8, Land is not our "crude oil" in Lagos State. Trade is. The value of our land is directly traceable to the ability of people from around the world to set up shop, trade and prosper in Lagos.

No true indigene of Lagos will contemplate such a law, as it will actually affect us negatively, through an exodus that will devalue our properties.

The charlatans proposing it are non-indigenes that have consistently rigged, murdered and maimed their way into power since 1999 and have held the Indigenes hostage since then.

If anyone was ever in doubt, the Governorship and House of Assembly Elections of March 18, 2023, along with the 5 murders, 28 maimings and 4 blindings of people who voted against the APC cleared those doubts sufficiently. Tinubu and his gang have NEVER won an election in Lagos State

It has always been snatched, grabbed and spirited away by gangsters, crooks and murderers, some even flown in from abroad!

I pray the judiciary finally find their liver and put a stop to this impunity, or any hope of a decent government is gone from Nigeria PERMANENTLY.

©️Babatunde Gbadamosi
@BOGbadams

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by Zionmdde: 2:17pm On Jun 09, 2023
People will just wake up and decide to make their state hostile for non indigenes. Aside the hustling and bustling of non indigenes where will lagos be? How many establiments are owned by lagos indigenes? How many businesses are owned by lagos indigenes?
If you want to make a law, why not pay lagos students bursary, give them free Healthcare, subsidize everything for them and let them enjoy the fruitfulness of their state without making things harder for non citizens

Please lagos indigenes doesn't include those from ogbomosho, ibadan, Ore and Co. Lagos is a state and not a tribe

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by thisisit: 2:19pm On Jun 09, 2023
THE PROPOSED INDIGENES BILL OF LAGOS IS LONG OVER DUE.

IF AFTER 109 YEARS OF EXISTENCE AND 62 YEARS OF INDEPENDENCE, WE ARE STILL NOT ONE PEOPLE. OUR ETHNIC AND RELIGIOUS DIFFERENCES ,/ DIVERSITIES ARE IRRECONCILABLE, THEN WE ARE NOT MEANT TO BE.

INDEED, NIGERIA IS A CONTRAPTION OF NIGERIA OIL & GAS CO. LTD.

EVIDENCE HAS SHOWN THAT NIGERIA IS NOT WORKING BECAUSE IT'S DESIGNED NOT TO WORK. NO THANKS TO AGUYI IRONSI MISADVENTURE OF INTRODUCING UNITARY STRUCTURE AND THE 1999 CONSTITUTION THAT SEALS IT.

THE FACT AND TRUTH IS THAT.

ABURI ACCORD ON REGIONAL STRUCTURE WAS THE WAY TO GO.

THE SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE POSITION ON RESTRUCTURING WAS THE WAY TO GO.

IT IS NOT TOO LATE BEFORE WE TEAR EACH OTHER APART, TO RESTRURE THE CONTRAPTION INTO A REGIONAL STRUCTURE.

THE VISIONARY AND FORESIGHT COLONIAL MASTERS BEQUEATHED REGIONAL STRUCTURE TO US.

WE MUST REVERT TO THE FACTORY SETTING OR REGIONAL STRUCTURE TEMPLATE.

THE ALTERNATIVE TO THIS IS TO CONTINUE THIS ENDLESS ETHNIC AND RELIGIOUS SUPREMACY WARS ACCOMPANIED WITH LOOTING.

COLLATERAL DAMAGE

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by mployer(m): 2:33pm On Jun 09, 2023
Are Yorubas from Kwara state also protected by the indigene law.

I am just asking.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 09, 2023
Zionmdde:
People will just wake up and decide to make their state hostile for non indigenes. Aside the hustling and bustling of non indigenes where will lagos be? How many establiments are owned by lagos indigenes? How many businesses are owned by lagos indigenes?
If you want to make a law, why not pay lagos students bursary, give them free Healthcare, subsidize everything for them and let them enjoy the fruitfulness of their state without making things harder for non citizens

Please lagos indigenes doesn't include those from ogbomosho, ibadan, Ore and Co. Lagos is a state and not a tribe

Co sign ✍

Because some people cant think

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by Guestlander: 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
Tunde Gbadamosi is a PDP hack. One of those who wanted to impose Gbadebo on Lagosians.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by Creeper: 2:39pm On Jun 09, 2023
Lol, who made this clown the spokesman for the indigenous people of Lagos? Based on his last name, “Gbadamosi”, I sincerely doubt his forebears are indigenous to the places that makeup what’s known as Lagos state today. Gbadamosi is the corruption of a Berber name and I doubt it has any meaning in Yoruba language based on etymology. So, I’d wager that his ancestry is most likely Oyo and his forebears might be part of the non-Yorubas in Oyo empire that later became Yoruba. Or perhaps some of the non-Yoruba warriors that settled in Lagos in the 18th century.

Some of you idiots on here just copy and paste idiotic ramblings by mentally challenged riff raff on the internet. Man, fcck this monkey - if he doesn’t like the law, he can move to the Sahel where his forebears migrated from.

Anyway, I hope the law makers in Lagos aren’t bluffing. Self-preservation is the first law of nature and Lagos must be protected from usurpers and covetous savages at all cost. Real Lagosians aren’t a conquered people and you can’t build a world class city in an overpopulated space.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by Guestlander: 2:40pm On Jun 09, 2023
mployer:

I am just asking.

Are Yorubas from Kwara against Lagos protecting her indigenous population?
Why are some people riled up about this?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by BATified2023: 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2023
mployer:

I am just asking.
u igbos have been on overdrive since u heard it

We will put u in your place

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by Creeper: 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2023
Guestlander:
Tunde Gbadamosi is a PDP hack. One of those who wanted to impose Gbadebo on Lagosians.

Which Yoruba subgroup in Lagos does he claim as his ancestry?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by Guestlander: 2:44pm On Jun 09, 2023
Creeper:

Which Yoruba subgroup in Lagos does he claim as his ancestry?

I have no idea, I know he is from Ikorodu though. Ijebu maybe.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by Creeper: 2:46pm On Jun 09, 2023
Guestlander:

I have no idea, I know he is from Ikorodu though. Ijebu maybe.

No, he’s definitely not Ijebu on his paternal side.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by phorget(m): 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2023
Creeper:
Lol, who made this clown the spokesman for the indigenous people of Lagos? Based on his last name, “Gbadamosi”, I sincerely doubt his forebears are indigenous to the places that makeup what’s known as Lagos state today. Gbadamosi is the corruption of a Berber name and I doubt it has any meaning in Yoruba language based on etymology. So, I’d wager that his ancestry is most likely Oyo and his forebears might be part of the non-Yorubas in Oyo empire that later became Yoruba. Or perhaps some of the non-Yoruba warriors that settled in Lagos in the 18th century.

Some of you idiots on here just copy and paste idiotic ramblings by mentally challenged riff raff on the internet. Man, fcck this monkey - if he doesn’t like the law, he can move to the Sahel where his forebears migrated from.

Anyway, I hope the law makers in Lagos aren’t bluffing. Self-preservation is the first law of nature and Lagos must be protected from usurpers and covetous savages at all cost. Real Lagosians aren’t a conquered people and you can’t build a world class city in an overpopulated space.

Nigeria can never grow with this type of your mentality. Do you have to dissect an individual just because he spoke out his opinions?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by Mrfeel: 3:10pm On Jun 09, 2023
BATified2023:

The real indigenes of Lagos are not up to 3 million you Yoruba's from kwara ekiti ogun ondo Oyo migrants in Lagos beating your chest about Lagos a time will come when the real owners of Lagos will stand up for their city and people like MC oluomo who is from kwara state won't be claiming Lagos indigene

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by M4A1carbine: 3:13pm On Jun 09, 2023
Noisemakers...

From Generation to Generation

Start Action..

Your Noisemaking is totally useless...spits

BATified2023:

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by Creeper: 3:14pm On Jun 09, 2023
phorget:

Nigeria can never grow with this type of your mentality. Do you have to dissect an individual just because he spoke out his opinions?

Man, fcck Nigeria.

Stop the encroachment, embrace mutual respect and respect territorial integrity. You have your regions/lands within Nigeria - go live there.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by a4cube: 3:22pm On Jun 09, 2023
Creeper:

Man, fcck Nigeria.

Stop the encroachment, embrace mutual respect and respect territorial integrity. You have your regions/lands within Nigeria - go live there.
Are you tired of One Nigeria governed by Jagaban?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by pandoragirigory: 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2023
mployer:

I am just asking.
As long as you are a yoruba even from jebba or kabba, you are protected

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by phorget(m): 3:25pm On Jun 09, 2023
Creeper:

Man, fcck Nigeria.

And who's fccking disrespecting who?
A whole Oba asked people to get drowned in the lagoon if they wont vote for a particular candidate and isnt that an act of disrespect?

What do you call encroachment? Do we have all yorubas living in their regions/land? Is Peckham a yoruba land or why do we have so many yorubas living there? Will anyone stop a yoruba that has become citizen in other people's countries stopped from voting in an election in such countries?

What exactly is the problem here?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by GODPUNISHALABI: 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2023
One thing about lagos is that there's is no way lagos can turn into a homogenous state the entire state is multiethnic that starting any settlers vs indigenous war like the one that happened in jos Plateau state will cripple the entire state....you can not and can never chase any particular tribe from lagos ,you are wasting ur time

1 Like

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by laiperi: 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2023
BloomingDale/Dewdrop,

I am a bit disappointed that it is you that posted this. Gbadamosi, a real Lagosian or not must have a drop of prodigal blood in him. I loved how he challenged Fashola during gubernatorial debate, if that is the same guy.

Even non-Lagosians and the Igbo grandfathers that worked hard to create the goodwill Igbo Youths are abusing today are appalled just as real Lagosians at the flagrant hate and impunity of these Igbo Youths in Lagos. Igbo are the most clannish people in Nigeria.

The proposed law in Lagos are practiced in every state in Nigeria except Lagos. The fact that it came to this point is understandable. If the American Indians have to do it all over, they would allow Columbus to perish in the sea rather than rescued him.

Only a fool sell his land for money with the hope of better trade. At some point, he would lose control of both trade and land.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by BloomingDale(f): 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2023
laiperi:
BloomingDale/Dewdrop,

I am a bit disappointed that it is you that posted this. Gbadamosi, a real Lagosian or not must have a drop of prodigal blood in him. I loved how he challenged Fashola during gubernatorial debate, if that is the same guy.

Even non-Lagosians and the Igbo grandfathers that worked hard to create the goodwill Igbo Youths are abusing today are appalled just as real Lagosians at the flagrant hate and impunity of these Igbo Youths in Lagos. Igbo are the most clannish people in Nigeria.

The proposed law in Lagos are practiced in every state in Nigeria except Lagos. The fact that it came to this point is understandable. If the American Indians have to do it all over, they would allow Columbus to perish in the sea rather than rescued him.

Only a fool sell his land for money with the hope of better trade. At some point, he would lose control of both trade and land.

You should also look at it from his point of view. I wanted to buy some acres of land in Lagos but decided against it since all these wahala.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by Okwyjesus(m): 4:01pm On Jun 09, 2023
thisisit:
THE PROPOSED INDIGENES BILL OF LAGOS IS LONG OVER DUE.

IF AFTER 109 YEARS OF EXISTENCE AND 62 YEARS OF INDEPENDENCE, WE ARE STILL NOT ONE PEOPLE. OUR ETHNIC AND RELIGIOUS DIFFERENCES ,/ DIVERSITIES ARE IRRECONCILABLE, THEN WE ARE NOT MEANT TO BE.

INDEED, NIGERIA IS A CONTRAPTION OF NIGERIA OIL & GAS CO. LTD.

EVIDENCE HAS SHOWN THAT NIGERIA IS NOT WORKING BECAUSE IT'S DESIGNED NOT TO WORK. NO THANKS TO AGUYI IRONSI MISADVENTURE OF INTRODUCING UNITARY STRUCTURE AND THE 1999 CONSTITUTION THAT SEALS IT.

THE FACT AND TRUTH IS THAT.

ABURI ACCORD ON REGIONAL STRUCTURE WAS THE WAY TO GO.

THE SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE POSITION ON RESTRUCTURING WAS THE WAY TO GO.

IT IS NOT TOO LATE BEFORE WE TEAR EACH OTHER APART, TO RESTRURE THE CONTRAPTION INTO A REGIONAL STRUCTURE.

THE VISIONARY AND FORESIGHT COLONIAL MASTERS BEQUEATHED REGIONAL STRUCTURE TO US.

WE MUST REVERT TO THE FACTORY SETTING OR REGIONAL STRUCTURE TEMPLATE.

THE ALTERNATIVE TO THIS IS TO CONTINUE THIS ENDLESS ETHNIC AND RELIGIOUS SUPREMACY WARS ACCOMPANIED WITH LOOTING.

COLLATERAL DAMAGE

The wall of division is growing. The center will definitely not hold.

I use to believe in one Nigeria against all odds. In my university days l have a die hard MASSOB guy next room but l use to look at him as a fool.

But now am wiser with what am seeing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by FreedomfromtheT: 4:17pm On Jun 09, 2023
Creeper:

Ok. If Gbadamosi according to you, is likely not a Lagos indigene, then who are the indigenes of Lagos?
Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by FreedomfromtheT: 4:19pm On Jun 09, 2023
laiperi:
BloomingDale/Dewdrop,

Who are the indigenes of Lagos?
Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by FreedomfromtheT: 4:20pm On Jun 09, 2023
GODPUNISHALABI:
One thing about lagos is that there's is no way lagos can turn into a homogenous state the entire state is multiethnic that starting any settlers vs indigenous war like the one that happened in jos Plateau state will cripple the entire state....you can not and can never chase any particular tribe from lagos ,you are wasting ur time
Well said.
Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by FreedomfromtheT: 4:22pm On Jun 09, 2023
pandoragirigory:
As long as you are a yoruba even from jebba or kabba, you are protected
So this is merely a war against non Yorubas not one to protect Lagos indigenes as stated.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by laiperi: 4:24pm On Jun 09, 2023
BloomingDale,

You are absolutely right. If enacted verbatim, it will discourage those in good faith, love Lagosians. But I do not think it will. Moderation will prevail. It should have never come to this.

BloomingDale:

You should also look at it from his point of view. I wanted to buy some acres of land in Lagos but decided against it since all these wahala.
Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by a4cube: 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
So this is merely a war against non Yorubas not one to protect Lagos indigenes as stated.
You should know better. Non of those in the LHOA and the online supporters are Lagos Indigenes. Non of the online supporters can afford a plot of land in Lagos, their online happiness is the law will inflict hardship to their assumed enemies.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by FreedomfromtheT: 4:41pm On Jun 09, 2023
a4cube:
You should know better. Non of those in the LHOA and the online supporters are Lagos Indigenes. Non of the online supporters can afford a plot of land in Lagos, their online happiness is the law will inflict hardship to their assumed enemies.
Hmmmmmmmm!
Re: Lagos Indigenes Against New Law To Protect Them by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
It's not the law people should be focused on but the reality that has now necessitated It's introduction.

The future of man, as resources become more scarce universally, will be about protectionism to ensure indigenes do not become disenfranchised where they should ordinarly be empowered and entitled.

Why would any hardworking and proud person, fully devoted to the notion that "charity begins at home", have a problem with what Lagos is doing?

One Nigeria is discredited and we should all Bury it for the development of a meritocratic democracy like the USA where States have their own constitution, police force and latitude to shape the direction a homogeneous people want head toward.

Homogenous does not mean same race, colour, ethnicity or sectional affiliation. It simply means a people who want the same thing which is far from the case in Nigeria today.

This policy drive from Lagos is the way forward and anyone who is not parasitic and completely confident they can be happy with their own sort would embrace it happily.

The reality has shown we Nigerians hate each other and, over 6 decades, have actually gone backwards in terms of embracing our ethno-religious, cultural and sectional differences to live peacefully, respectfully and progressively with each other.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Soldiers Gang Beat A LASTMA Official In Lagos / Donald Trump's Mugshot after being Arrested in Georgia. / Peter Obi Is A Fraud, He Tried To Pay Me; I Dare Him To Sue Me - Deji Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.