Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Pastors And Marriage Decisions - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pastors And Marriage Decisions (785 Views)

After Divorce, Most Ladies Turn Feminist And Marriage Experts / RE: 4 Out Of 5 Pastors Said She Is My Wife, But We Dont See Eye To Eye / Ten Marriage Decisions To Make Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastors And Marriage Decisions by Lhardy: 12:05pm On May 15, 2022
First this is a new account created for this purpose only

So I have been seeing this lady for 2years and now.made our intensions known early enough to settle down till recently her mother had to contact her pastor whom told her to put and end to the whole arrangement because it's not supported by God.the whole siblings are behind the mother on the pastors decisions.

Now my question is:
1)do God actually talk to pastors and religious leaders on this kind of matters and is it biblical too.(because the practice seems to be African thing only,*for me I will call it necromancy* cos no man decides any man's faith But your creator)

2)Those that has been here,what do you advice.

3)those that has been here and gone ahead with the matrimony still what has been your experience.

4)Is this a trend that actually should be allowed to go on or do people need to speak up on this.

Modes: please you can help move to front page to get more suggestions and contributions pleasesss
Re: Pastors And Marriage Decisions by yuping(m): 12:10pm On May 15, 2022
lipsrsealed the thing about this kind of situation is that when you go ahead and marry each other the moment trouble start coming, they will all be ready to tell you "We told you before" and they will all forget that they is no marriage with out ups and down. You can actually be dating her and wait it out for years, if both of you love yourself, and its time to get marry family will be the one to beg you be bring anyone, by that time vision and pastor will not be able to see anything coming like corona Virus, it work for someone I know.
Or you can actually both travel out of the country to get married and live in Harmony in overseas this actually work also, parent don't question your abroad partners, they just want grand kids and believe that anyone abroad can't be evil. Mind you, all this most be done with utmost secrecy. Or just knack her belle (pregnancy) and both of you form ignorant about it, till it start shutting out.
All this advice I'm giving, you have to show in all indications that you are no longer together to make the advice work better.
By the time she is pregnant then people don't check spiritually anymore, what they are interested in is who is responsible.
Re: Pastors And Marriage Decisions by Lhardy: 12:14pm On May 15, 2022
yuping:
lipsrsealed

Have you been here before. What is your opinion on the listed points..Will really appreciate
Re: Pastors And Marriage Decisions by IyaTola: 12:16pm On May 15, 2022
Marry her

All this "I need my Pastor's validation before I propose a woman or taking a girl/boys picture" is bullcrap. And I see that only people with insecurity issues are usually fond of involving their pastors in things that can practically be solved with common sense

Some will even tell you according to their doctrine, your pastor is responsible for wooing a lady on your behalf. Soro niyen? undecided

Baba Adeboye said, shine your eyes when picking a wife and never let any pastor recommend a wife for you. He said the highest a pastor can do is to counsel you. Finish!!!
Re: Pastors And Marriage Decisions by Pierohandsome: 12:18pm On May 15, 2022
Sometimes they are right,but most times it turned out to be wrong...

What are the reasons the pastor gave,are they scripture based? Is it due to religious differences, or what?

You should state the reasons the pastor gave for us to know if the reasons are valid reasons
Re: Pastors And Marriage Decisions by yuping(m): 12:23pm On May 15, 2022
Lhardy:

Have you been here before. What is your opinion on the listed points..Will really appreciate
undecided check the first up �
Re: Pastors And Marriage Decisions by Xmen149(m): 1:10pm On May 15, 2022
yuping:
undecided check the first up �

It's well
Re: Pastors And Marriage Decisions by Xmen149(m): 1:13pm On May 15, 2022
Re: Pastors And Marriage Decisions by Xmen149(m): 1:16pm On May 15, 2022
Re: Pastors And Marriage Decisions by Lhardy: 1:24pm On May 15, 2022
Pierohandsome:
Sometimes they are right,but most times it turned out to be wrong...

What are the reasons the pastor gave,are they scripture based? Is it due to religious differences, or what?

You should state the reasons the pastor gave for us to know if the reasons are valid reasons

"Tell her the person coming for her hand is not her husband" thats all..both Catholics
Re: Pastors And Marriage Decisions by Lhardy: 1:25pm On May 15, 2022
Anyone that knows the mod incharge of this section can help me copy him/her though
Re: Pastors And Marriage Decisions by Seaen(m): 1:34pm On May 15, 2022
Trust me. Let her go. It's not worth a future of pain and misery.
Re: Pastors And Marriage Decisions by cooooooks(m): 1:43pm On May 15, 2022
Lool.

The mom does not want the marriage, so she went to the pastor, paid "offering", and he told her what she wanted to hear.

Ignore parents, siblings, entities who do not give valid reasons why they are against your union.

Do not get married out of spite, though. Use this opportunity, you and your gf, to check if you still want to continue. If so, (respectfully) damn the naysayers.

Lhardy:
First this is a new account created for this purpose only

So I have been seeing this lady for 2years and now.made our intensions known early enough to settle down till recently her mother had to contact her pastor whom told her to put and end to the whole arrangement because it's not supported by God.the whole siblings are behind the mother on the pastors decisions.

Now my question is:
1)do God actually talk to pastors and religious leaders on this kind of matters and is it biblical too.(because the practice seems to be African thing only,*for me I will call it necromancy* cos no man decides any man's faith But your creator)

3)those that has been here and gone ahead with the matrimony still what has been your experience.

4)Is this a trend that actually should be allowed to go on or do people need to speak up on this.

Modes: please you can help move to front page to get more suggestions and contributions pleasesss
Re: Pastors And Marriage Decisions by Kobojunkie: 2:08pm On May 15, 2022
Lhardy:

1. The answer is No. That practice is unscriptural and clearly reveals that those pastors and mogs have absolutely nothing to do with God who instead said, "Your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God" - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36.. undecided

2. If your woman decides to listen to a pastor/babalawo over her own heart, then take it that it is not for you two to proceed anyways. undecided

3. Look inside of churches to see how marriage in there are at the end no different from marriages outside of those walls. undecided

There are no such things as "Christian" marriages or "godly" marriages. Again, this since God Himself washed His hands off marriages of men in Genesis 3 vs 16, the re-echoed His same judgment in Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 where again He said, "Your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God ".

4. People have freedom to choose as they want. Your partner deciding to listen to a fortune teller, a babalawo or even a pastor is part of that freedom of choice. You on the other hand should see this as a sort of blessing in disguise, even though it hurts. undecided

She chose them over you, what does that tell you of what you believe you have with her? undecided
Re: Pastors And Marriage Decisions by Mindlog: 2:38pm On May 15, 2022
Lhardy:

"Tell her the person coming for her hand is not her husband" thats all..both Catholics

If they are both Catholics, how did the Pastor come into the equation?
Re: Pastors And Marriage Decisions by Mariangeles(f): 2:56pm On May 15, 2022
Lhardy:

Have nothing to do with people that don't have minds of their own.
They will complicate your life.

True Catholics are some of the most free minded people there are.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors And Marriage Decisions by oldienavie: 4:13pm On May 15, 2022
Op, when I read men like you I just cringe.
This is 2022, it is women that are going to shiloh to pray for husbands not the other way round.
Have you ever seen a man that does not see wife except those that have voluntarily refused to marry?

If a woman or her parents say they don't want you, why not move on and look for a woman that her family will cherish you ?
It is things like this that make you to be disrespected, the kind of men we are raising in Nigeria these days really makes me very worried.

Just like when I see men kneeling down to propose to a woman, where did you learn that ?
Is that what your fathers/culture taught you ?
Is that what your religion taught you ?

So how did it happen that men have now become the species running after women despite the thousands who are looking for a spouse, when you disgrace yourself and force yourself on a lady to marry, then you come back on nairaland and be disturbing us that your wife does not respect you.

Why will she respect you ? Never beg a woman for marriage, infact, it is the woman and her family that should be pressurizing you, the moment that is not the case you will loose your position as the head and all respect that you should have.
Re: Pastors And Marriage Decisions by Lhardy: 9:02pm On May 15, 2022
oldienavie:
Op, when I read men like you I just cringe.
This is 2022, it is women that are going to shiloh to pray for husbands not the other way round.
Have you ever seen a man that does not see wife except those that have voluntarily refused to marry?

If a woman or her parents say they don't want you, why not move on and look for a woman that her family will cherish you ?
It is things like this that make you to be disrespected, the kind of men we are raising in Nigeria these days really makes me very worried.

Just like when I see men kneeling down to propose to a woman, where did you learn that ?
Is that what your fathers/culture taught you ?
Is that what your religion taught you ?

So how did it happen that men have now become the species running after women despite the thousands who are looking for a spouse, when you disgrace yourself and force yourself on a lady to marry, then you come back on nairaland and be disturbing us that your wife does not respect you.

Why will she respect you ? Never beg a woman for marriage, infact, it is the woman and her family that should be pressurizing you, the moment that is not the case you will loose your position as the head and all respect that you should have.

Ah don't hit my head on the wall bro..It's not wrong to love..am also trying not to show that I will run away at any slightest sight of challenge..

Will only do that when my partner has proved beyond every reasonable doubt that she is no longer in line with our dreams

3 Likes

Re: Pastors And Marriage Decisions by Lhardy: 9:03pm On May 15, 2022
Mariangeles:

Have nothing to do with people that don't have minds of their own.
They will complicate your life.

True Catholics are some of the most free minded people there are.

Thanks I really appreciate
Re: Pastors And Marriage Decisions by Lhardy: 9:04pm On May 15, 2022
Mindlog:

If they are both Catholics, how did the Pastor come into the equation?

Whole family previously Catholic I guess..mom deviated some moved with her
Re: Pastors And Marriage Decisions by Lhardy: 9:05pm On May 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. The answer is No. That practice is unscriptural and clearly reveals that those pastors and mogs have absolutely nothing to do with God who instead said, "Your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God" - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36.. undecided

2. If your woman decides to listen to a pastor/babalawo over her own heart, then take it that it is not for you two to proceed anyways. undecided

3. Look inside of churches to see how marriage in there are at the end no different from marriages outside of those walls. undecided

There are no such things as "Christian" marriages or "godly" marriages. Again, this since God Himself washed His hands off marriages of men in Genesis 3 vs 16, the re-echoed His same judgment in Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 where again He said, "Your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God ".

4. People have freedom to choose as they want. Your partner deciding to listen to a fortune teller, a babalawo or even a pastor is part of that freedom of choice. You on the other hand should see this as a sort of blessing in disguise, even though it hurts. undecided

She chose them over you, what does that tell you of what you believe you have with her? undecided

Thanks , comforting
Re: Pastors And Marriage Decisions by Lhardy: 9:08pm On May 15, 2022
IyaTola:
Marry her

All this "I need my Pastor's validation before I propose a woman or taking a girl/boys picture" is bullcrap. And I see that only people with insecurity issues are usually fond of involving their pastors in things that can practically be solved with common sense

Some will even tell you according to their doctrine, your pastor is responsible for wooing a lady on your behalf. Soro niyen? undecided

Baba Adeboye said, shine your eyes when picking a wife and never let any pastor recommend a wife for you. He said the highest a pastor can do is to counsel you. Finish!!!

Your last paragraph is what I got from my priest today whom concluded with "the final decision to go on or end it is with you"

1 Like

Re: Pastors And Marriage Decisions by Lhardy: 9:10pm On May 15, 2022
yuping:
lipsrsealed the thing about this kind of situation is that when you go ahead and marry each other the moment trouble start coming, they will all be ready to tell you "We told you before" and they will all forget that they is no marriage with out ups and down. You can actually be dating her and wait it out for years, if both of you love yourself, and its time to get marry family will be the one to beg you be bring anyone, by that time vision and pastor will not be able to see anything coming like corona Virus, it work for someone I know.
Or you can actually both travel out of the country to get married and live in Harmony in overseas this actually work also, parent don't question your abroad partners, they just want grand kids and believe that anyone abroad can't be evil. Mind you, all this most be done with utmost secrecy. Or just knack her belle (pregnancy) and both of you form ignorant about it, till it start shutting out.
All this advice I'm giving, you have to show in all indications that you are no longer together to make the advice work better.
By the time she is pregnant then people don't check spiritually anymore, what they are interested in is who is responsible.

My female Indian friend gave 80%of the advice you did and the lady in question isn't taking any of the options..What do you think
Re: Pastors And Marriage Decisions by IyaTola: 9:10am On May 17, 2022
wink
Lhardy:

Your last paragraph is what I got from my priest today whom concluded with "the final decision to go on or end it is with you"

(1) (Reply)

Is Not Having A Wife/husband & A Child(ren) A Necessity? / Hanging Out with the gangs / Hello, I Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.