Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,795 members, 7,827,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Spirituality! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirituality! (307 Views)

Guru Deseye Subai's Daily Spirituality Tip --- For Your Spiritual Enlightenment! / Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction - Spirituality As A Possible Decoy / Is There Any Spirituality Associated With First Rain Of The Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spirituality! by Roland1091(m): 12:17pm On May 15, 2022
Q: "...what is spirituality? do you think it exists? can you touch on this...?"

What is spirituality

First, what does it mean to the common folk
Then before that, what is meaning' itself

"MEANING" is something invented by human intellect to give words/sounds life.

Look around, the trees do not know 'meaning,' the wind does not understand 'meaning,' the Cheetah does not understand 'meaning.'
IT'S STRICTLY HUMAN NONSENSE!!!

Now we have bent certain sounds and given life to them, we now have *SPIRITUALITY* as a word with meaning.

So to the common man, what is spirituality?!

Basically, it means an attempt to make one's existence here on earth and elsewhere probably, more fulfilling than it already is.

This is pursued through various means:

1: the worship of certain deities

2: beliefs

3: religious rituals

4: other humans who represent the earlier mentioned ideas.

Spirituality to them means, reaching out to something that they believe exists, but don't know if it actually does, then putting certain modalities in place to maintain a relationship between them and this belief and deity. But in all reality, SPIRITUALITY then means, ONE
TRYING TO *IMPROVE THEIR LIVES* by keeping on the right side of some deity. Because the whole basis for spirituality is this sole
reason;

THAT THERE IS SOMETHING THAT EXISTS OUTSIDE OF THE POPULAR EXISTENCE THAT CREATED THE WORLD AND CONTROLS IT.
AND THE NEED TO BE ON THE GOOD BOOKS OF THIS CREATOR IS THE SOLE PURPOSE OF SPIRITUALITY.

For them not to suffer at the hands of this creator, and live a sad, unfulfilled life. IS IT THEN NOT ABOUT THEM

Spirituality is not a being or deity, it is an idea from the ill MIND of the homo sapiens.

Don't ask if it exists, rather, see how the idea functions in the lives of humans.

LET ME TELL YOU A STORY. "Mankind looked up into sky thousands of years ago, when the brain had mutated to an illness called *INTELLECT* and wondered, something must have created this whole thing, this creator must be powerful. Then he thought, THIS CREATOR must be like humans, a bigger version of humans. (Read the Bible and tell me how God has hands and
can breathe?)

I am telling you, if monkeys had any intellect, their God would be a big monkey in the sky.
If it was eagle, God would have wings. If it was a cheetah, God would be faster than usain
bolt. It's the bigotry effect of the *me myself and I* syndrome we humans have trapped ourselves with.

So man said, if this God was so powerful and so big, God could destroy him and all creation just like that, and it could also make him suffer in his life.

He then said: "Oh no, it then meant, it was wiser to be on its good side."

And so spirituality was born, and today, we burn
people just to please an idea that ancient hominids created, and even as brilliant as we are now, modern humans still think as stupidly as ancient men did thousands of years ago.

Yep, this is spirituality!

The excuse to live better here, and may be else
where. Have you noticed, ALL THESE HYPOCRITES DO NOT CARE ABOUT THESE GODS

THEY ARE ALL ABOUT THEIR OWN SELFISH NEEDS,
"HE WILL DO FOR ME, MY FAMILY, MY NATION, MY THIS, MY THAT," *SELFISH CREATURES...* Not one of them cares if its God has eaten for the last 5
billion years or if he has changed his clothes since the days of Moses.

Did I say "eaten? changed clothes?" Yes I did!

Read the Bible and all the holy books, and tell me you don't sense that the God in there, is human with eyes

God is human after all.

(1) (Reply)

I Choose / Sacrifice Of Total Surrender To Gain Authority - Apostle Joshua Selman / S/east Muslim Group To Launch Qur’an Translated To Igbo Language Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.