Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:14 PM

Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! (2454 Views)

Boy Says He's Not Afraid Of Police Officers, But Afraid Of Soldiers & Boko Haram / Five Christians To Die By Hanging For Killing Fulani Herdsman / Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by TheSourcerer: 4:32pm On May 15, 2022
Open thread please ......
Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by Puissant: 4:50pm On May 15, 2022
Death?
Afraid to die?
No!
Never!!!

I have never been afraid of death, though that doesn’t imply that I live a carefree life.

Death is the most certain reality of every living organism.

It’s certain I’m gonna die one day. So why should I live the few years I have in the fear of something that will eventually happen?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by Irupetepete: 4:50pm On May 15, 2022
TheSourcerer:
as money no dey, the life is not enjoyable... And what there to live for when you can't live but survive?
Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by McGg: 4:51pm On May 15, 2022
Rich or poor
Good or bad

It is a prerequisite to die!
Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by TheSourcerer: 5:57pm On May 15, 2022
Hmmm , its the meaningless of life makes each of your answers differ for one question... Impressive really.
Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by LordReed(m): 6:57pm On May 15, 2022
I just get sad at the things I would no longer get to partake of especially my children's lives.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by starbuck(f): 7:07pm On May 15, 2022
I am not but I am only worried about the circumstances that will lead to it..

I don't need a painful death.
I don't need a stressful death(wouldn't want a situation where I will have to be a burden to others).Infact, if at all i came up with a terminal illness and the medical practitioners and family are against the route of euthanasia, i must find a way to end it one way or the other..
I want a peaceful death where I can sleep and won't wake up again

Honestly, this universe isn't giving me joy again

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by Dorwadora(f): 9:00pm On May 15, 2022
I think it because I'm open minded to pain and suffering. I've had my fair share of pain, agony, grief and suffering to know that death is an expensive gift.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by loko50(m): 12:41am On May 16, 2022
The uncertainty of what happens after death is the cause of fear in people

1 Like

Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by eldervine: 1:17am On May 16, 2022
Afraid to die maybe because i dont know what to expect after death. Religon and science very hard to follow together its all toying with my sanity.
Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by Dliquidmetal(m): 8:32am On May 16, 2022
loko50:
lol I wanna say to them "were they conscious about what was billions for years before they were born?"

5 Likes

Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by Nobody: 9:29am On May 16, 2022
starbuck:

I don't need a stressful death(wouldn't want a situation where I will have to be a burden to others).Infact, if at all i came up with a terminal illness and the medical practitioners and family are against the route of euthanasia, i must find a way to end it one way or the other..

We think alike!!!!!
Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by PerfectStranger(m): 9:52am On May 16, 2022
Irupetepete:
as money no dey, the life is not enjoyable... And what there to live for when you can't live but survive?
Straight up!!! Money no dey to enjoy life
Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by CAPSLOCKED: 10:15am On May 16, 2022
WON'T BE THE FIRST, WON'T BE THE LAST. IT'S INEVITABLE AND I'M AWARE OF THE NEXT DESTINATION FOR ME AND ALL OF YOU - NOWHERE.
I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO WHILE LIVING INSTEAD OF WASTE MY TIME FEARING THE THINGS THAT I CANNOT CONTROL.

PS: THERE'S NOTHING INTERESTING IN LIVING ANYWAY.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by TheSourcerer: 5:01pm On May 16, 2022
LordReed:
I just get sad at the things I would no longer get to partake of especially my children's lives.
but are these things important ? In the physics of things aside your ego (biological emotions)?

1 Like

Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by TheSourcerer: 5:03pm On May 16, 2022
starbuck:

I wish any death really , que Sera Sera, we just have to make use of the card life gives you

1 Like

Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by LordReed(m): 5:07pm On May 16, 2022
TheSourcerer:
but are these things important ? In the physics of things aside your ego (biological emotions)?

To the universe, no but to me, definitely.
Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by TheSourcerer: 5:07pm On May 16, 2022
starbuck:

because you have known what you shouldn't , so to get excited by the universe would be rare , yes the frequent happiness we feel when we get paid our salaries , smoke that joint , take that gin , but at the end we still on a rock ....... Meaninglessly possessing consciousness .....been aware of our being .... What we know ....... (Mutters)Fear of the unknown DEATH ....hmmm I see where the fear sets In

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by TheSourcerer: 5:09pm On May 16, 2022
LordReed:

To the universe, no but to me, definitely.
I know , of course they do but in a thousand years , In Fact In a few hundred years when the Sun has finally scorched out part of the Earth , would this moment you had matter ....?......there would be no consciousness to 'feel' what you 'felt'..,you feel

1 Like

Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by TheSourcerer: 5:11pm On May 16, 2022
loko50:
yes exactly!
But why the fear.......,?
Our subcouncsious beign cannot feel pain or anything really , so the imagination of subconscious being cannot be perceived , neither should or can emotions as they are physical biological mechanisms

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by IMAliyu(m): 5:52pm On May 16, 2022
The unknown nature of experiencing death, that's the source of my fear. Not the concept of death itself which is a final rest to the stress of life.

And there's the horrifying lovecraftian imagery of death which was drummed into us as kids by religion which didn't help either. I'm not sure if there's anyone here that remembers or knows about one Muslim film from the 2000s that was intended to scared people/children into observing their prayers called Hassan. It follows the story of a rebellious boy by the name of Hassan as he dies and his soul is tormented after death in an Islamic framing.
I'm sure the me of right now can watch and possibly laugh parts of it, but to a generation of Muslims that film was pretty traumatizing.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by LordReed(m): 6:15pm On May 16, 2022
TheSourcerer:
I know , of course they do but in a thousand years , In Fact In a few hundred years when the Earth has finally scorched out part of the Earth , would this moment you had matter ....?......the would be no consciousness to 'feel' what you 'felt'..,you feel

LordReed:

To the universe, no
Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by loko50(m): 6:18pm On May 16, 2022
TheSourcerer:
yes exactly!
But why the fear.......,?
Our subcouncsious beign cannot feel pain or anything really , so the imagination of subconscious being cannot be perceived , neither should or can emotions as they are physical biological mechanisms

The fear of going to hell or limbo
Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by Fuckyoumod: 6:44pm On May 16, 2022
Death, be not proud, though some have called thee. Mighty and dreadful, for thou are not so;
For thou are nothing but the end of the flesh.
There is no night without a dawning
No winter without a spring, for on the last day the righteous shall rise again.
Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by Psychokinetic: 7:06pm On May 16, 2022
I have no heart,
I feel no love.
Nor fear,
Nor joy,
Nor sorrow.
I am hollow
And I will live forever.

- Count Vladislaus Dracula
Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by Drillminded: 7:06pm On May 16, 2022
There is no existence after death.... death is final, you are insignificant for the universe to care ... If one other sperm had fertilized the egg you won't even exist. We are all random creatures like birds and bees born at a time and die at a time. We only developed an ego and then we were brainwashed to that society is in charge from here on out. And hence we take in the programming and begin to exhibit what we learnt .... never truly living this short painful meaningless existence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by TheSourcerer: 7:36pm On May 16, 2022
loko50:

The fear of going to hell or limbo
believe me , only a living brain with neurones can feel pain . you will need a beating heart , electricity impulses.... In hell or in limbo we will not be having a beating heart . or a fixed brain(that requires thinking /knowledge /feeling pain), . it is just not possible to perceive pain when you're dead and your physical body is here .

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by TheSourcerer: 7:37pm On May 16, 2022
Drillminded:
There is no existence after death.... death is final, you are insignificant for the universe to care ... If one other sperm had fertilized the egg you won't even exist. We are all random creatures like birds and bees born at a time and die at a time. We only developed an ego and then we were brainwashed to that society is in charge from here on out. And hence we take in the programming and begin to exhibit what we learnt .... never truly living this short painful meaningless existence.
thank you, I like you

That's what makes life so horrifyingly perfect!smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by cayorday89(m): 8:17pm On May 16, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Simply because when I finally die, I won't even know I am dead, the only thing I don't want is a slow painful death. In death lies peace from the troubles we are saddled with on earth...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by loko50(m): 8:21pm On May 16, 2022
TheSourcerer:
believe me , only a living brain with neurones can feel pain . you will need a beating heart , electricity impulses.... In hell or in limbo we will not be having a beating heart . or a fixed brain(that requires thinking /knowledge /feeling pain), . it is just not possible to perceive pain when you're dead and your physical body is here .

This is a topic I know nothing about. I have never visited the world of the dead. So I have nothing to say

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by kabillionaire(m): 11:29pm On May 16, 2022
Why would I be afraid of death?

When I am, there will be no death

and when there is death, I will be no more

so, why would I be afraid of death?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?! by TheSourcerer: 12:24am On May 17, 2022
cayorday89:

Simply because when I finally die, I won't even know I am dead, the only thing I don't want is a slow painful death. In death lies peace from the troubles we are saddled with on earth...
but sadly some of us don't pick how we die , let's just make best use of the card life delved us..... Que Sera sera

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prostitutes Running As Nigeria Policemen Pursues Them " Prostitution Must Stop" / Petroleum Engineer Makes Nigeria Proud. / I Just Can't Read This Alone O !!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.