Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,238 members, 7,856,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 09:40 AM

Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos (4011 Views)

NDLEA: Falz Faults Burning Of Cocaine Worth N194bn / Burial Photos Of David Imoh, Sound Engineer Killed By Mob In Lekki / Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by Olumighty123(m): 7:34am On May 16, 2022
NoQualmz:

You just reminded me of a similar scene where policemen came to an area to arrest a man who was causing trouble in that vicinity...pple gathered to watch and that was how this man shouted ‘and this one too,Abeg carry am’...he told one of the policemen to also take his son(wayward boy) who was watching the scene too...the boy was caught unaware,pple around burst into laughter. The boy was taken in to custody. grin

Funny thing is, these policemen don't care, if possible, they can arrest everybody in this Nigeria just for the bailing fee grin
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by bigpicture001: 7:59am On May 16, 2022
Any lady you see. Going to church too much will be sick in thier head......

Avoid them.. they are alarmist

1 Like

Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by Noshitboi(m): 8:02am On May 16, 2022
cry cry cry
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by pocohantas(f): 8:10am On May 16, 2022
Cashio:
This story is shit.
If the brother in law and the guys were actually working around that region and were regulars as they claimed, they wouldn't be lynched because two or three persons must have known them around the area.
The mob that beat them were definitely from the vicinity and definitely one or two of them must have recognised them.
Were they the only persons in the place they were making music? Why didn't other people come out to attest to the fact that they were musicians or whatever.

I am surprised people are buying this claim.
Not justifying any form of jungle justice whatsoever.but I think the claim is porous.

In Lekki Phase 1 for that matter? Admiralty? And bouncers didn’t come out neither did the police? I am shocked at this story.
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by srclark: 8:10am On May 16, 2022
loko50:
Say no to jungle justice!

The woman that pointed him out is wicked. She already concluded in her mind that the man is a ritualist. That's how many off us jump into conclusion without any concrete evidence. May she face the music in detention.
Too many false stories on the street and many people believe this stories ,even social media is not helping
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by 9gerian: 8:11am On May 16, 2022
But aren’t motorcycles banned in major parts of Lagos? I think the whole Lagos needs that ban if the riders are uncontrollable…

Also, jungle justice should be treated seriously by the police to stop indiscriminate killings of unproven accusations.
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by techWriter3: 8:12am On May 16, 2022
I skip Babatunde Raji Fashola SAN
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by Qpid5(m): 8:25am On May 16, 2022
Wait, is it that I didn't read well or what? I smell lies
I mean, sound engineer notice there is an accusation flying around over ritual and he ran and hide himself.
Wetin this one come mean
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by Zonefree(m): 9:54am On May 16, 2022
Cashio:
This story is shit.
If the brother in law and the guys were actually working around that region and were regulars as they claimed, they wouldn't be lynched because two or three persons must have known them around the area.
The mob that beat them were definitely from the vicinity and definitely one or two of them must have recognised them.
Were they the only persons in the place they were making music? Why didn't other people come out to attest to the fact that they were musicians or whatever.

Not justifying any form of jungle justice whatsoever.but I think the claim is porous.
God bless you abundantly for this.

I still don't understand why the David was hiding if the story is true.

I don't believe this story abeg
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by baretalk: 10:19am On May 16, 2022
Ban okada in Lagos now.
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by iyke2ken(m): 10:54am On May 16, 2022
Cashio:
This story is shit.

Bros, you are not in any position to hold any sort of opinion on this matter, not to even talk of coming on here to publicize said opinion. You nor dey there bros. Make who dey there talk. And if you nor believe, hold your mouth and keep it to yourself.

Allow the police to make sense out of the whole situation.

1 Like

Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by Rickmann: 1:24pm On May 16, 2022
SweetBlade:
A lady has revealed the true story behind the killing and burning of a sound engineer in a Lekki, Lagos State yesterday. The lady using her Twitter handle Ope K. King @Opetheking, revealed it was a case of jungle justice and not the initial story which profiled the Hausa ethnic group.

The killing of the sound engineer which further heightened tension and anger in a nation already mourning the killing and burning of a student of Sokoto State College of Education over an alleged blasphemy against the Prophet Muhammad.

I will just leave you to read the story yourself. My bones are too weak for long analysis and write ups on all these madness going on in Nigeria.

“Because, I’m seeing some comments about my brother-in-law being a Yahoo boy/ritualist and it’s really breaking my heart.

Yes, Uncle David was killed over N100… this is what really happened”

“The bikeman involved carried two passengers to drop near (Beer Barn) Admiralty way, Lekki Phase 1.

Uncle David was NOT one of these passengers.

These guys were some of the musicians that came to work at Beer Barn.

Bikeman was supposed to collect N400, the guys gave him N500.Bikeman said he didn’t have N100 change. The two guys didn’t have too.

So they gave the bikeman N300 assuring him that they are regulars on the street and will balance him whenever they see.”

“The men turned to leave and the bikeman grabbed one of the guy’s shirt, tearing it in the process.

The guy whose shirt the bikeman tore, turned and punched the bikeman which resulted into the bikeman fainting/knocked out of consciousness.All these while, Uncle David was inside Beer Barn. It was when people around (including the bikeman’s tribesmen) started dragging these two guys to wake up the bikeman, that was when Uncle David was called in.

My brother-in-law came to separate fight o. Prior to this, around last week, someone had slumped and died and people had suspected foul play. Saying the incident was linked to guys on a bike who could possibly be yahoo boys.So when this incident involving the bikeman occured, people automatically assumed that yahoo boys are at play again.

When Uncle David saw that there was an angry mob, and the situation had been blown out of proportion and accusations were flying, he ran and hid himself.A woman who didn’t know the origin of the whole issue, found Uncle David hiding and directed the mob to where he was, accusing him of being a ritualist.

They used stone to break his head.

They beat him. Stripped him naked and eventually set him on fire.This is what happened.

This is the truth.

Uncle David was a reputable human being.

He wasn’t dragging N100 with a bikeman. He was called in to separate the fight.

The two guys involved were beaten almost to death and are now in critical condition.”

Please let’s say No to jungle justice.

Anyone who calls my brother-in-law a ritualist again will meet with a fate 10x worse.

Don’t throw accusations without evidence. If you don’t know the whole story, don’t intervene.

No one’s life is in your hand.You have no right to slap, hit, or maim someone even if you caught them in a crime. Drag them to the police!

Why would you kill someone?!

Why should one of the kindest souls die based on sheer savagery, animalistic tendencies, and illiterate paranoia?

I am sad.His wife, kids, family, friends, colleagues…everyone is mourning and heartbroken because some people chose to be wicked and animals.

Northern men made up most of this angry mob. Now their bikeman is alive and well.So far, 15 people have been arrested including the unfortunate woman who showed the mob where my brother-in-law was hiding.

If there are anymore updates, I’ll let y’all know.”

Commenting a Twitter user @MikeMilli said: “The joke is now on us, we thought it was a hausa slaughter thing but it is our support of jungle justice. I have always stood my ground on mob action, except someone is armed he or she should be allowed to go through legal actions. If the police release them, that is not your biz”

Another Tweep @VicEmeya wrote: “This is heart broken � �. May God judge them all. Imagine a woman that’s is supposed to protect him was the one who gave him out to his killers. May David’s soul RIP”

This is the same Nigeria we fought against police brutality and called for end end of profiling of youths by policemen but here is a youth and a sound engineer hustling to provide for his family wasted by same youths.

Culled from http://naijaspleen.com/

Bike guys happen to be prime suspects and woman sees a totally different person taking cover and calls him a ritualist and he is mobbed..abeg this doesn't add up at all. There is something they aren't telling the public.
This story doesn't add up at all.
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by lwisee: 2:35pm On May 16, 2022
This guy is a Nairalander

Feel so sad right now

Rest on Dave
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by lwisee: 2:38pm On May 16, 2022
Rickmann:

Bike guys happen to be prime suspects and woman sees a totally different person taking cover and calls him a ritualist and he is mobbed..abeg this doesn't add up at all. There is something they aren't telling the public.
This story doesn't add up at all.

Something like what?
Why did you conclude that this story doesn't add up?
Probably because none of your family has experienced jungle justice. You don't know that when irate mob gathers, conclusions are made without second thought...
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by ashawopikin(m): 2:40pm On May 16, 2022
RosyIsBlessed:
And we say the politicians are the only problem we have in this country? Too sad!!
who put the politicians there? Nigerians are are nigeria's problems
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by lwisee: 2:40pm On May 16, 2022
Cashio:
This story is shit.

I pray such fate doesn't befalls you or your family member.
You brain should tell you that that's an eye witness account.
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by ashawopikin(m): 2:44pm On May 16, 2022
Mooh247:
I miss Babatunde Raji Fashola SAN
sanwo olu is too weak, he wants to please everyone, this nonsense cannot happen in oyo state
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by Mooh247: 2:45pm On May 16, 2022
ashawopikin:
sanwo olu is too weak, he wants to please everyone, this nonsense cannot happen in oyo state

Hahahahaa. Indegenes sef for Ibadan never try nonsense for where Auxiliary boys dey Na Aboki go come try am...

Well they tried it in Sasa Ibadan and they paid dearly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by ashawopikin(m): 2:46pm On May 16, 2022
U see this period, person gats to be very careful, tension dey very high right now for this country
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by Rickmann: 2:50pm On May 16, 2022
Cashio:
This story is shit.

Wisdom shall not elude you, bro..
You are seeing it from my angle as well.
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 2:51pm On May 16, 2022
post=112872339:
Damn it!
Another innocent life wasted like that of a fowl.
All man will pay for their sins.

When ?
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by ashawopikin(m): 2:51pm On May 16, 2022
Mooh247:

Hahahahaa. Indegenes sef for Ibadan never try nonsense for where Auxiliary boys dey Na Aboki go come try am...

Well they tried it in Sasa Ibadan and they paid dearly
na so
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by Rickmann: 2:52pm On May 16, 2022
lwisee:

Something like what?
Why did you conclude that this story doesn't add up?
Probably because none of your family has experienced jungle justice. You don't know that when irate mob gathers, conclusions are made without second thought...

Oga use that head of urs and think like d adult that you are.. Not all of us here are stupid ok.
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 2:57pm On May 16, 2022
I am confused about his going into hiding. Hiding for what ? What he directly involved in the previous incident or connected in a way that made people suspicious of him such that a woman took notice of him upto fingering him ?
Considering the many people present and his being a peacemaker, why single him out for notice ?
Something doesn't add up fore, I'm sorry.
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by lwisee: 3:04pm On May 16, 2022
Rickmann:

Oga use that head of urs and think like d adult that you are.. Not all of us here are stupid ok.

Since you are not stupid, why not wait for police report or go there to do your own private investigation.
The bottom line is that a life was cut short at its prime which should be condemned.
There should be a law against jungle justice
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by lwisee: 3:08pm On May 16, 2022
What they did to this guy cannot be done to a goat, he was practically roasted alive.
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by Lamasta(m): 3:13pm On May 16, 2022
No matter what transpires that we don't know, taking laws into your hands is never the way forward....
The woman that point at him to be lynched and killed and the mob that killed him are all guilty and should be charged for murder while investigation should be thoroughly carried out to ascertain the cause of all that transpired cool
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by Rickmann: 3:18pm On May 16, 2022
lwisee:

Since you are not stupid, why not wait for police report or go there to do your own private investigation.
The bottom line is that a life was cut short at its prime which should be condemned.
There should be a law against jungle justice

Don't get me wrong bro..i totally agree with you. A young man's life was caught short in the most gruesome way and personally I will keep campaigning against that barbaric jungle justice act.

But my question is..
Was the guy in question not recognized by anyone there at all if he truly works there and frequents that location? Seriously that's what I don't get.
Re: Lady Reveals True Story Behind Killing And Burning Of Sound Engineer In Lagos by Addme: 3:39pm On May 16, 2022
lwisee:

I pray such fate doesn't befalls you or your family member.
You brain should tell you that that's an eye witness account.
The act is highly barbaric and shameful.
She is actually not an eye witness based on what I read here. She is just an in-law to the victim and all what she wrote was based on what she was told as well. No member of the guy family would be there and allow such to happen to him.
Nonetheless jungle Justice is a No No, no matter what happened,he should have been handed to the police.
#SaynotoJunglejustice

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inside Life:. Yahoo Boy Caught With Mother And Father's Head On His Way For Mone / Notorious Ex-armed Robber Shina Rambo: How I Tormented Lagosians,police / Sars In Oyigbo River State Office Burnt Down And Their Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.