Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos (33456 Views)

Burial Photos Of David Imoh, Sound Engineer Killed By Mob In Lekki / Hausa Motorcyclists And "Area Boys" Clash In Ipaja, Lagos, One Dead (Photos) / Motorcyclists burn buildings, NTA station in Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by Napster7: 1:23pm On May 15, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o03Re1aE46E

It was learnt that things got heated up and resulted in a fight between David and one of the commercial motorcyclists.

According to sources, the situation soon degenerated as more motorcyclists allegedly pounced on David and his friends, beating them till they became unconscious.

David, who was said to be a sound engineer, was on his way home from a club when the incident occurred at Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, a few days ago.

A video obtained by SaharaReporters shows the deceased was being beaten alongside yet-to-be-identified men, said to be David's friends.

David's friends, Frank (saxophonist) and Philip (keyboardist) are said to be receiving treatment in an undisclosed hospital.

A tweet by Ufuoma (@thecoloredpen), said, "#JusticeforDavid killed in Lagos over #100 change #JusticeForDeborahSamuel killed in Sokoto #JusticeforPhillipandFrank fighting for their lives in the hospital.

She added, "A group of musicians in Lagos had "regular" to play at Beer-bar along Admiralty road that evening. The sound engineer and keyboard player who mounted the same bike had an argument with the okada man (an aboki guy) which resulted in what became a cold-blooded night.

"The other okada riders (that were of the same tribe) came out and tried to avenge their "brother". To cut the long story short, try were beaten to a pulp and the sound engineer lost his life right there. "As if that was not enough, the sound engineer was burnt right there on the road. To make matters worse, the saxophonist that was to play for the night heard about what was happening while the fight just ensued and he went to try to settle not having a full grasp of what was really going on.

The friend also wrote, "My friend was beaten and set ablaze at Lekki phase 1 two days ago. A father of 2 children was beaten into a coma and burnt. No to Jungle justice. A father of 2 little children died like that.

"He was the sound engineer in my church. See how his life ended because of N100 change. Sometimes I wonder if the country Nigeria even started

SaharaReporters learnt that the commercial motorcyclist, who had a disagreement with David before the matter degenerated further, has been arrested by the police.

https://saharareporters.com/2022/05/15/commercial-motorcyclists-beat-burn-sound-engineer-death-lagos-due-disagreement-over-n100

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by Jashub: 1:24pm On May 15, 2022
This country is probably worst than Yemen or Afghanistan. The number of people being lynch by mobs in this country is something that needs to be looked into quickly before it becomes a norm. undecided

95 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by neonly: 1:32pm On May 15, 2022
Malams Malams Na lugard cause am
That why I don't board aboki bike with d way they ride and no destination except u control them
But trust me he will be release after some calls one nigeria indeed

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by Naijanascam: 1:34pm On May 15, 2022
I'm tired of happenings in this kwantry let me joko with this bench first

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by pachigo001(m): 1:39pm On May 15, 2022
So aboki de get mind for Lagos to kill and Yorubas will leave them make them try that their rubbish for east here

127 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by Cokahot: 1:42pm On May 15, 2022
In my car,I have a golf stick,a baseball bat and a heavy pedal lock. Just hit me and u will see wonders let alone drag change with okada. He died over a 100 buck. Fuc k

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by JoyousFurnitire(m): 1:44pm On May 15, 2022
For this Lagos? This is shocking shocked

5 Likes

Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by Fashionista01(f): 2:09pm On May 15, 2022
Rest in peace to the dead. To the living, conflicts does not solve any problem rather it will worsen the situation at hand.

Know the kind of being you are fighting with in order not to loose your life in the course of fighting with an evil being.

Some deaths are avoidable if we will only listen to the voice reasoning instead of the voice of our ego and strength.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by Jokerman(m): 2:14pm On May 15, 2022
Until they start facing firing squad

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by Boyooosa(m): 2:24pm On May 15, 2022
Ah
Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by NwaNimo1(m): 2:24pm On May 15, 2022
koo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by Sergio104(m): 2:25pm On May 15, 2022
angry

What's really happening??

No police around the place??

7 Likes

Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by chigoziri2403(m): 2:25pm On May 15, 2022
There should be shoot at sight for jungle justice
Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 15, 2022
What is it with these unfortunate children of Muhammad the pedophile, any small thing na to gather in mob dey burn people.

I regret the day Lord Lugard was born, that I have to live and occupy the same space as this animals is a curse beyond redemption.

This shit is definitely going to spark some shit up soon.

45 Likes

Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by specialmati(m): 2:25pm On May 15, 2022
embarassed embarassed embarassed another one what's all these

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by princepee: 2:25pm On May 15, 2022
Dem don export their madness to Lagos...
All they think about is violent.
They are everywhere riding okada like mad people.
And because election is coming they are been over looked.
They have to learn how to be civil, and leave in peace with others.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by Iliveforever(m): 2:25pm On May 15, 2022
Of course...

The reasons why Nigeria needs to be divided is all in full gear.

One Nigeria in the mud once again

The useless npf will also come out to say he has escaped to chad where he’s from.

22 Likes

Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by abobote: 2:25pm On May 15, 2022
He might have told his fellow motorcyclists that the guy tried snatching his bike.

Sometimes letting go is the best option, especially when you are dealing with illiterates.

So much frustration in the land, resulting in people taking laws into their hand, and the government is not doing anything about it.

Brothers and sisters, there is no hope, as the same people that have failed over and over again, are the ones taking over in 2023.

If you have any opportunity to leave Nigeria, don't come to nairaland and start asking us for advice, just leave the country

RIP handsome

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by Kyase(m): 2:25pm On May 15, 2022
sad
The other ones dey kill because of prophet, these ones dey kill because of 100, two useless set of people

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by tiswell(m): 2:26pm On May 15, 2022
seemed like NK's curses has finally caught up with Nigeria sad

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by pennywys(m): 2:26pm On May 15, 2022
angry

the same bike had an argument with the okada man (an aboki guy) which resulted in what became a cold-blooded night.
. Please can we just divide this country?
Ethnic war is coming soon

Dear brothers from the East and South please let's prepared

16 Likes

Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by Afonjamuslim24(f): 2:26pm On May 15, 2022
At this point, i think it's safe to boldly say Death to all Head slammers.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by gasparpisciotta: 2:26pm On May 15, 2022
When will Nigeria turn this bad corner LORD?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by Iamdbull: 2:26pm On May 15, 2022
Dbull on this one!!!

Oh my goodness what is going on in this country, am deeply sad, what if this is the sound engineer that is meant to finally give me my hit track after all these years

3 Likes

Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by irunoko(m): 2:27pm On May 15, 2022
grin

Ny-jee- ria from top to bottom grin

Chaos steadily graduating to anarchy grin
Re: Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos by Pussyassasin(m): 2:28pm On May 15, 2022
Nigerians are just too cruel damn!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Married Man Rapes 6-Year-Old Girl In Uncompleted Building In Anambra. Photos / Dolapo Badmus: Dating Yahoo Boys Is The Fastest Way To Lose Your Life / Yahoo Boy Arrested By EFCC For Money Laundering And Internet Scam (photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.