Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,054 members, 7,956,941 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:15 PM

See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) (5331 Views)

My Wife Gave Me The Shock Of My Life. Help! / My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them / My Landlord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by emmanuelbrown26: 10:30am On May 17, 2022
Pickmycall:
A tenant who is given a quit notice doesn't pay throughout the six months.
I didn't want to comment until I saw your comment. I wonder where they go their own information that a tenant who's given quit notice do pay for d 6months

1 Like

Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by emmanuelbrown26: 11:17am On May 17, 2022
EBUBS:

Really please clarify more
Oga na waiting en bi. If u dey pay yearly na 6 fucking months dem go give while if u dey pay 6 months na 3 months grace dem go give am. Mak your pikin no resemble your landlord, u gat be wise and sharp for this our Obodo naija
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by emmanuelbrown26: 11:32am On May 17, 2022
arthurwillia:
Lol people here are just saying trash, which 6 months are they giving him? If your rent has expired then move out and look for somewhere else na. Cause I no understand. Why do you want to cause trouble? You want to to live in a house for free?Omo tenants sef can be wilding
Move out? Yes. But let d right thing be done.
Every tenant have his or her right. A yearly tenant should be giving 6months to move out
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by emmanuelbrown26: 11:33am On May 17, 2022
faceland:

The latter is dated 14th and he want them to pack on the 15th when they had plans to renew... Bros, he has lost this case especially with that sock-away excuse. He ought to even pay damages for trying to make them homeless without telling warning 6 months in advance.

I would leave the house for him when I have found a replacement at my convince (which might be one month max), but I know I have the right to foooq that up for at least 6 months to a year while we drag it at court.
Don't mind people that know nothing about landlord-tenant issue

1 Like

Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by EBUBS(m): 12:06pm On May 17, 2022
kingthreat:
Guy start gathering money.You have a right to 3 months at least.

Thank you sir
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by EBUBS(m): 12:07pm On May 17, 2022
faceland:

The latter is dated 14th and he want them to pack on the 15th when they had plans to renew... Bros, he has lost this case especially with that sock-away excuse. He ought to even pay damages for trying to make them homeless without telling warning 6 months in advance.

I would leave the house for him when I have found a replacement at my convince (which might be one month max), but I know I have the right to foooq that up for at least 6 months to a year while we drag it at court.

Lol....I'm definitely leaving after a month. Just time to gather up enough cash. I no get strength for wahala

1 Like

Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by arthurwillia(m): 12:38pm On May 17, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Move out? Yes. But let d right thing be done.
Every tenant have his or her right. A yearly tenant should be giving 6months to move out
and that 6 months will be free right?
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by arthurwillia(m): 12:39pm On May 17, 2022
faceland:

and that 6 months will be for free right?
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by emmanuelbrown26: 12:44pm On May 17, 2022
arthurwillia:
and that 6 months will be free right?
Oga mak we no argue waiting u no no, I was a volunteer as a FIELD officer with an NGO that deals on those things here in Lagos. And also domestic violence and child abuse.
Na our case bi that na. U leave their 6 months without paying a damn
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by emmanuelbrown26: 12:45pm On May 17, 2022
arthurwillia:
and that 6 months will be for free right?
Fucking free, I remember when Gov Ambode wanted to revoke it, both PAC NHRC REJECTED IT

1 Like

Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by arthurwillia(m): 2:30pm On May 17, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Oga mak we no argue waiting u no no, I was a volunteer as a FIELD officer with an NGO that deals on those things here in Lagos. And also domestic violence and child abuse.
Lol free oo free ni! How can you be so callous to live in someone house for free? The NGO must be a wicked NGO, why would someone even think of that, we live in a wicked world’s
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by arthurwillia(m): 2:32pm On May 17, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Fucking free, I remember when Gov Ambode wanted to revoke it, both PAC NHRC REJECTED IT
Na so free oo free ni, where’s now the justice? Oga of your rent finish, you have 7 days to leave my house, I posted one tenant that was giving me problem here, by the time I call lawyer for an fiam court order
You will live in my house for 6 months free when it’s not like you are cracy abi I borrow money from him to build my house
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by Richy4(m): 2:53pm On May 17, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Honestly bro I doubt what u have written up there.. No legal entity home or abroad could do that... It's against the law to stay in one's property rent-free...

@ OP, I will suggest that you type in Naija legal talk eviction...
It will bring out a place that says" Do I have to pay rent after being issued a quit notice..

Click it and read what the law of Nigeria said about that.. it will help you..
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by emmanuelbrown26: 3:08pm On May 17, 2022
Richy4:

Honestly bro I doubt what u have written up there.. No legal entity home or abroad could do that... It's against the law to stay in one's property rent-free...

@ OP, I will suggest that you type in Naija legal talk eviction...
It will bring out a place that says" Do I have to pay rent after being issued a quit notice..

Click it and read what the law of Nigeria said about that.. it will help you..
Like I said and I repeat it again, there's a right for a tenant and d right is still existing till morrow. Na my field bi dis na, no bi hear say hear say. The law has being their for a very long time. Gov Ambode wanted to change it to 3 months, PAC, OPD AND NHRS all rejected it that landlords will use it against tenant.
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by emmanuelbrown26: 3:13pm On May 17, 2022
arthurwillia:

Na so free oo free ni, where’s now the justice? Oga of your rent finish, you have 7 days to leave my house, I posted one tenant that was giving me problem here, by the time I call lawyer for an fiam court order
You will live in my house for 6 months free when it’s not like you are cracy abi I borrow money from him to build my house
Oga forget matter, I still repeat myself, there's 6months notice for a yearly tenant, d law has being their for a very long time. This is not hear say hear say, this is field I dun dey into. When Gov Ambode wanted to change it to 3months both PAC, OPD AND NHRC all rejected it that landlords would use it against tenants, Infact a lot of issues then before governor accepted d 3 bodies option.
Maybe na cowards and people that know nothing about landlord and tenant law that u hv being renting your house to.
Just pray mak person wey know en right rent no cum rent for your house, na u go tire.
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by emmanuelbrown26: 3:17pm On May 17, 2022
arthurwillia:

Lol free oo free ni! How can you be so callous to live in someone house for free? The NGO must be a wicked NGO, why would someone even think of that, we live in a wicked world’s
Callous u say? tell me how a landlord would be so wicked to gv a tenant 7 days ultimatum to move out?
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by Richy4(m): 3:29pm On May 17, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Like I said and I repeat it again, there's a right for a tenant and d right is still existing till morrow. Na my field bi dis na, no bi hear say hear say. The law has being their for a very long time. Gov Ambode wanted to change it to 3 months, PAC, OPD AND NHRS all rejected it that landlords will use it against tenant.
To the best of my knowledge, at the expiration of a lease,

If a tenant is paying weekly rent, he/ she will be given a week notice...

Those paying monthly will be given a one month notice..

The yearly tenant were given 6 months...

Remember once the lease expires and quit notice issued, the individual is now occupying there illegally...

Those extra time the tenant is living there is no longer seen as rent but arrears...all arrears most be collected... That is the law...

And maybe, what u were saying was that the governor tried to change the 6 months notice to 3 months for those who were paying yearly.. not that the accumulated arrears will not be collected...
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by arthurwillia(m): 4:24pm On May 17, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Oga forget matter, I still repeat myself, there's 6months notice for a yearly tenant, d law has being their for a very long time. This is not hear say hear say, this is field I dun dey into. When Gov Ambode wanted to change it to 3months both PAC, OPD AND NHRC all rejected it that landlords would use it against tenants, Infact a lot of issues then before governor accepted d 3 bodies option.
Maybe na cowards and people that know nothing about landlord and tenant law that u hv being renting your house to.
Just pray mak person wey know en right rent no cum rent for your house, na u go tire.

Lol � them never born the person.. where you see law say 6 month free, there’s nothing like 6months free rent anywhere, you live for the 6 months and the rent will be calculated and you must pay says the law. Where you see free rent lol
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by emmanuelbrown26: 4:29pm On May 17, 2022
Richy4:

To the best of my knowledge, at the expiration of a lease,

If a tenant is paying weekly rent, he/ she will be given a week notice...

Those paying monthly will be given a one month notice..

The yearly tenant were given 6 months...

Remember once the lease expires and quit notice issued, the individual is now occupying there illegally...

Those extra time the tenant is living there is no longer seen as rent but arrears...all arrears most be collected... That is the law...

And maybe, what u were saying was that the governor tried to change the 6 months notice to 3 months for those who were paying yearly.. not that the accumulated arrears will not be collected...
A situation where oga landlord wakes up morrow morning and decided to issue a yearly tenant quit notice, baba d landlord has to gv d tenant 6 months.
As for d comr that was saying going to court, by d time u see your tenant in court without spending a kobo and meanwhile u hv spent more than d tenant's rent, next time u will know d right thing to do and right channel to go to.
I'm not here to gv impression that tenants should be making troubles with their landlords, hell no. All I'm saying is d law btw landlord and tenant coupled with quit notice.
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by arthurwillia(m): 4:30pm On May 17, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Callous u say? tell me how a landlord would be so wicked to gv a tenant 7 days ultimatum to move out?

Lol it’s the law baba ni, if the rent has expired then he’s no longer entitled to any 6 months, I’ll serve you 7 days and then get court order to recover my property, you are out baba

You paid for 1 month subscription to mtn and your sub finish, you now ask for 10 days extra as per what? Lol I just Dey laugh you and your NGO
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by emmanuelbrown26: 4:31pm On May 17, 2022
arthurwillia:

Lol � them never born the person.. where you see law say 6 month free, there’s nothing like 6months free rent anywhere, you live for the 6 months and the rent will be calculated and you must pay says the law. Where you see free rent lol
Lolsssssss, I still repeat it again that baba, u never jam person wey soji wella. U never jam tenant wey go tell u let's go to court. Trouble no good but pray say mak u no jam such people wey know in and out of landlord's quit notice. Hv ever had case with PAC, OPD before? Or hv u summoned somebody to d above 2 before?
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by emmanuelbrown26: 4:33pm On May 17, 2022
arthurwillia:

Lol it’s the law baba ni, if the rent has expired then he’s no longer entitled to any 6 months, I’ll serve you 7 days and then get court order to recover my property, you are out baba

You paid for 1 month subscription to mtn and your sub finish, you now ask for 10 days extra as per what? Lol I just Dey laugh you and your NGO
HV u ever summoned somebody to OPD or PAC before or has a tenant summoned u to d above? If yes, what was d outcome?
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by arthurwillia(m): 4:44pm On May 17, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

HV u ever summoned somebody to OPD or PAC before or has a tenant summoned u to d above? If yes, what was d outcome?
nonone has summoned me and I’ve not summoned anyone because I know the law and act according to the law...
One tenant however served me paper from his lawyer to tell me he’s entitled to 6 months after he refused to renew his rent, I gave him free 3 months to find another place to stay after defaulting payment , he went to lawyer to say he’s entitled to 6 months after defaulting pay oo, Omo people wicked.

I didn’t even say anything, I let the 3 months elapse I got court order for 7days to recover my property.. and served him. I was at work when they called me that he’s packing already..
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by emmanuelbrown26: 4:53pm On May 17, 2022
arthurwillia:
nonone has summoned me and I’ve not summoned anyone because I know the law and act according to the law...
One tenant however served me paper from his lawyer to tell me he’s entitled to 6 months after he refused to renew his rent, I gave him free 3 months to find another place to stay after defaulting payment , he went to lawyer to say he’s entitled to 6 months after defaulting pay oo, Omo people wicked.

I didn’t even say anything, I let the 3 months elapse I got court order for 7days to recover my property.. and served him. I was at work when they called me that he’s packing already..
Lolssss, some tenants can be funny likewise some landlords, trouble no good but baba landlord, just pray not to jam tenant wey sabi channels pass u, I'm telling u from personal experience. I know what I'm telling u, d only thing here is that majority doesn't know some channels to go to.
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by NoToPile: 5:11pm On May 17, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Lolssss, some tenants can be funny likewise some landlords, trouble no good but baba landlord, just pray not to jam tenant wey sabi channels pass u, I'm telling u from personal experience. I know what I'm telling u, d only thing here is that majority doesn't know some channels to go to.

Actually you are wrong, what the law says is you are entitled to 6 months notice as a yearly tenant but it's not free, the courts will even enforce it, if he doesn't pay ballif can auction the properties ask any Lagos Lawyer.

When your rent has expired you are a tenant at will and only entitled to 7 days.

What your NGOs are doing is a sort of mediation, by Law you are not entitled to stay free and they also know this. If the landlord challenges them legally he will win.

Lots of landlords do let it go because they just want the tenant to leave but if you jam landlord that has the time, and can pass through court ish, he will follow the law to the latter.

Same thing I keep telling a friend of mine, whose landlord had given them 6 months notice prior to the expiry date of her rent, she kept shouting she's going to human right at the local govt blablabla.

Told her you guys should plant to move, if you need extension talk to her nicely the woman might not even might giving you guys extra time to move, lailai oo, she's not listening, shes waiting for the rent to finish and then another free 6 months, I said okay oo.
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by emmanuelbrown26: 5:24pm On May 17, 2022
NoToPile:

Actually you are wrong, what the law says is you are entitled to 6 months notice as a yearly tenant but it's not free, the courts will even enforce it, if he doesn't pay ballif can auction the properties ask any Lagos Lawyer.

When your rent has expired you are a tenant at will and only entitled to 7 days.

What your NGOs are doing is a sort of mediation, by Law you are not entitled to stay free and they also know this. If the landlord challenges them legally he will win.

Lots of landlords do let it go because they just want the tenant to leave but if you jam landlord that has the time, and can pass through court ish, he will follow the law to the latter.
I don't believe in hear-say-hear-say and I don't support tenant to start making troubles with their landlords but this is something we hv being doing for years.
When a landlord jam tenant wey soji and sabi channels na their u go tire. This is a place wey I volunteered as a FIELD officer, landlord go tire to go court, forget, we don't encourage tenants to be making troubles
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by NoToPile: 5:35pm On May 17, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

I don't believe in hear-say-hear-say and I don't support tenant to start making troubles with their landlords but this is something we hv being doing for years.
When a landlord jam tenant wey soji and sabi channels na their u go tire. This is a place wey I volunteered as a FIELD officer, landlord go tire to go court, forget, we don't encourage tenants to be making troubles

It is not about hearsay its what we have seen happen and it is the position of the law on that issue, except you are saying that law is not valid.

There is no place in the Lagos tenancy law that gives the tenant a right to live for free in an apartment. This doesn't mean some landlords don't allow them live for free though, it is not a right.

Most landlords prefer not to go the court route actually, but there are those who see it to the end.
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by emmanuelbrown26: 5:39pm On May 17, 2022
NoToPile:

It is not about hearsay its what we have seen happen and it is the position of the law on that issue, except you are saying that law is not valid.

There is no place in the Lagos tenancy law that gives the tenant a right to live for free in an apartment. This doesn't mean some landlords don't allow them live for free though, it is not a right.

Most landlords prefer not to go the court route actually, but there are those who see it to the end.
Well, I'm not here to argue, was it same field work I did or another field work that u are telling this?
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by OlawaleBammie: 5:49pm On May 17, 2022
freemanq:
Are you sure this man is ok?
Wetin do the man abeg??

Dem say soakaway don full make every body dey go grin
Re: See What My Landlord Gave Me Yesterday (picture) by arthurwillia(m): 10:00pm On May 17, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

true people know channels pass each other
It’s well my brother

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is There A Limit To Making Love To One's Wife? / Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) / ##### Cash Giveaway (Easter Edition): 5k Each For 8 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.