Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,620 members, 7,827,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

10 Golden Rules Of Food Preparation - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 10 Golden Rules Of Food Preparation (772 Views)

Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown / Ghanaian Man On A Mission To Consume A Basin Of Food "Battling For His Life" / Drunk Man Ordered For 11 Plates Of Food Mistakenly (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Golden Rules Of Food Preparation by camsyfoods: 3:43pm On May 16, 2022
For the records, Food Safety refers to any process and practice that ensure that food is safe for consumption (free from pathogens, chemicals and anything that can risk the consumer’s health). With that well defined, we should perhaps state some facts:

Now see what WHO has said concerning this (I want to paraphrase). They said that small factors are responsible for the many foodborne diseases that round the world. Hmm, this means that, if these small number of factors are taken care of, then most, I repeat, most of the food borne diseases will disappear. You get it right?

Oya, you are asking what these factors are, I’ll show you what the #WorldHealthOrganization has said.

According to #WHO these factors are:

• preparation of food several hours prior to consumption, combined with its storage at temperatures which favour growth of pathogenic bacteria and/or formation of toxins;
• insufficient cooking or reheating of food to reduce or eliminate pathogens;
• cross contamination; and
• people with poor personal hygiene handling the food.

Now we are looking for a solution right?
Here is what WHO calls the “ TEN GOLDEN RULES” for food preparation. They are:

1. Choose foods processed for safety
2. Cook foods thoroughly
3. Eat cooked foods immediately
4. Store cooked foods carefully
5. Reheat cooked foods thoroughly
6. Avoid contacts between raw foods and cooked foods
7. Wash hands repeatedly
8. Keep all kitchen surfaces meticulously clean
9. Protect foods from insects, rodents and other animals
10. Use safe water

There we go! The #GoldenRules for food preparation, as advised by WHO. This message is brought to you by #CamsyFoods.

Get our products when you contact us via WhatsApp: 08068657647

Re: 10 Golden Rules Of Food Preparation by mariovito(m): 4:03pm On May 16, 2022
Good info.

Reason I barely eat out, can't vouch for the sanitary standards of these food vendors.

1 Like

Re: 10 Golden Rules Of Food Preparation by camsyfoods: 11:34am On May 17, 2022
mariovito:
Good info.

Reason I barely eat out, can't vouch for the sanitary standards of these food vendors.

That's true. It is better to take your safety in your hands. If there is no option, the visit food shops that practice standard hygiene.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Coconut Candy (recipe) / Boiled Eggs, Boiled Unripe Plantain And Fried Eggs On A Sunny Sunday / What Is Ur Worst Combination Of Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.