Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! (8459 Views)

Checkout This Lady Commercial Driver In Lagos (photos) / FG Says Asaba Airport Not Safe / First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by Chyz2: 3:44am On Jul 14, 2011
[size=15pt]Asaba Airport begins commercial flight[/size]

On July 14, 2011 · In News

By Austin Ogwuda

Asaba – COMMERCIAL flights commenced, yesterday, into the Asaba International Airport.

Addressing newsmen at the airport, the state Commissioner for Information, Mr. Christopher Ogeah, said: “Overland Airline is going to be the premier operator of this airport at the beginning and I can assure you that other Nigerian indigenous airlines are also going to join them and make this a lucrative route for the airlines.

“I also want to say that we have certification. Like you all know, everything about this airport and aviation has to do with global safety standards and before certification can be given to us, you know the level of work we had done.

“As I speak with you, today (yesterday) we can commence commercial flights into and from this airport. We are also in the process of working with the airline for the flight to commence immediately.”

The former Minister of Aviation, Mrs. Fidelia Njeze, had commended the Delta State Governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan, for building the Asaba International Airport while calling on other states in the country to emulate such initiative as the Federal Government would give them the necessary support.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/asaba-airport-begins-commercial-flight/
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by EzeUche(m): 3:45am On Jul 14, 2011
:d :d :d

www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/7/3/1/1776137.jpg">

This was in March.
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by EzeUche(m): 3:49am On Jul 14, 2011

Overland Airways
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by ezeagu(m): 3:50am On Jul 14, 2011
Is it really complete (pictures)?
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by Nobody: 5:07am On Jul 14, 2011
I don't like the mud around the runway!!

The damn contractors given the job should finish up that please else lives will be in danger when mud start getting stuck on the runway.

The area surrounding the runway should be tarred seriously!!! Bush is more acceptable than mud which wind will sweep to the runway!!

Now people coming from east don't have to head to Lagos to fly!!
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by Greenpro: 5:10am On Jul 14, 2011
Great for all Deltans.

view my profile for Green world products and link/

thanks
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by EzeUche(m): 5:10am On Jul 14, 2011
Those pictures were in March. The runway should be finished by now. It should not even take more than 2 weeks.
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by Nobody: 5:15am On Jul 14, 2011
EzeUche:

Those pictures were in Marchi. The runway should be finished by now. It should not even take more than 2 weeks.

Nice!!! They should commercialize it to the best use!! Air cargo should be encouraged unlike MMA,
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 14, 2011
This is just propaganda, nothing is happening there. Cant you people see its not yet complete? All this NLers self.
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by blacklion(m): 9:21am On Jul 14, 2011
The election ended months ago please! grin
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by dempeople(m): 11:23am On Jul 14, 2011
The owner of Vanguard is Itshekiri just like Uduaghan and both are in very good terms. Anytime Uduaghan wan dabarule us, e go just give ein brother phone call, the guy go authorize one kyn story for vanguard papers.

Uduaghan himself is a very damned crook. Its so scandalous for an airport like this, not to have runway and apron lighting for night flights. The airport isn't complete. All na propaganda.

Checkout the yeye airport here;

http://www.connect.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.252203601460770.82780.162151497132648
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by Jarus(m): 2:39pm On Jul 14, 2011
Continue in Travel section.
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 14, 2011
I am so happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:29pm On Jul 14, 2011
This is great news. More such development required in the region. i.e sea port and rail station to and from port harcourt to Aba and Enugu.
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by 27naira(m): 4:34pm On Jul 14, 2011
Airport?? that doesn't look like one though.
Congrats to the multibillion naira airport that looks like ABC terminal.

once we can land our planes there and take off safely, no wahala, though i don't see this as anything to shout "hurray" about, i can only hope it serves some useful purpose.

Afterall, Delta dey collect billion billion every month. HE JUST DID HIS JOB! angry
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by chines4(m): 4:36pm On Jul 14, 2011
Which airport is completed, That march picture is still the picture as at today. The march show was for the electioneering, after that no show. The only working airport( I mean landport) is God Is Good. Ask anybody staying in Asaba
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by ikoha: 4:41pm On Jul 14, 2011
“As I speak with you, today (yesterday) we can commence commercial flights into and from this airport. We are also in the process of working with the airline for the flight to commence immediately.”

you guys should read between the lines. they have not started
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by Fidelo726: 4:46pm On Jul 14, 2011
at all, at all na witch!
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by OBEHIOYE(m): 4:59pm On Jul 14, 2011
na d one wey the worst ever air disaster go happen for this airport na im dem dey find so, IS THE AIRPORT COMPLETE??
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by otokx(m): 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2011
They say they can but have not, when uyo airport started it was arik that flew in; who or what is overland? sounds like a taxi company.
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by FEGNO: 5:14pm On Jul 14, 2011
I thought electioneering and the campaign period had ended. Passed this airport last week and except planes will land on the completed Tarmac while a makeshift structure is used as terminal building because truly, what is on ground is not ready for commercial usage.
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by Cuteobi(f): 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2011
Fidelo726:

at all, at all na witch!
Half bread is better than chin chin jare!
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by FEGNO: 5:26pm On Jul 14, 2011
You must mean better than poff poff
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by 195(f): 5:47pm On Jul 14, 2011
[size=18pt]AS LONG AS THOSE WARRI BOYS DONT START HAWKING GALA ON THE RUN WAY

IM GAME cool cool
[/size]
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by oncolor: 5:49pm On Jul 14, 2011
How can you write a story about a new airport opening to commercial flights and not a single current picture of the airport as at THE TIME OF PUBLICATION  angry I see a picture of the airport in March and no picture in July or even June. What kind of newspaper is that? I'm sure they have a reporter based in Asaba or Benin or Warri, so none of them could take a one or two hour bus ride at most to take some pics? na wao.
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by Kx: 5:50pm On Jul 14, 2011
passenger traffic will drastically reduce in benin airport with the coming of asaba airport
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by monkeyleg: 6:05pm On Jul 14, 2011
dem say na only once dem dey phuck ashawo no pay, but in Nigeria as many times as you like. what is complete in this fraud? you people are so easily deceived, no wonder you are being led robbers and you dont know it
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by MMM2(m): 6:23pm On Jul 14, 2011
190_@:

[size=18pt]AS LONG AS THOSE WARRI BOYS DONT START HAWKING GALA ON THE RUN WAY

IM GAME cool cool
[/size]

All follow even condom. angry
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by liquid7: 6:26pm On Jul 14, 2011
not online is the airport way way below the standards for that type of money spent ,it is not even near completion as of june 2011.
it is bad enough we know they stole millions of $$$ building that cheap looking airport(go look for yourself to judge) but they could not even complete it before comissioning it.
fly there at your own risk.i rather still fly to benin.
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by executinal(m): 7:11pm On Jul 14, 2011
Congratulations the people Delta, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by shawonlese: 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2011
That airport doesn't look completed.
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by tunde300us(m): 7:54pm On Jul 14, 2011
The airport is not ready why the rush now,i hope they wont use GSM to start landing planes at that airport like they did during the election time. angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Things You Observe While Commuting In Lagos / Cost Of Travelling From Lagos To S. Leone By Road / Hotel Prices In Owerri Pleeese!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.