Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,605 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! (8460 Views)

Checkout This Lady Commercial Driver In Lagos (photos) / FG Says Asaba Airport Not Safe / First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by Yinkay: 9:07pm On Jul 14, 2011
Will have to verify this story, I dey for Asaba, may be another publicity stunt like during the election when an aircraft started going round Asaba skyline which some old people claimed reminded them of the civil war when those Biafran and Red Cross aircrafts from Uli airstrip engages in cat and mouse game with the Federal aircrafts.
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by RemKen: 9:48pm On Jul 14, 2011
One cannot but laugh at somethings. Pls, lets leave the airport for those who believed is complete and ready for commercial flight to be using it for now. If you are reading this (tell anyone you know too), PLEASE don't try it abeg you. I see the so call "complete and ready for use" airport atleast four days in a week.
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by Finecat(m): 9:48pm On Jul 14, 2011
Hopefully they won't end it with ruthless kidnapping.
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by manny4life(m): 9:51pm On Jul 14, 2011
Nice development but poor website presentation.

http://www.asabaairport.com/

Nigerians and Nigerian businesses need to improve on their website marketing; this is what the whole world sees.
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by semid4lyfe(m): 9:58pm On Jul 14, 2011
If it's true, kudos to Delta state. . . . . . . .
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by gymer(m): 10:00pm On Jul 14, 2011
I just watched the news now on NTA network news. The completed airport, tower, departure hall, state of the art equipments in the control room and a maiden flight to Abuja with passengers were shown on the NTA news. Congratulation to all Deltans!!!
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by pek(m): 10:25pm On Jul 14, 2011
Are there two Asaba Airports? The one i saw last week is not complete.
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by THEAMAKA(f): 10:38pm On Jul 14, 2011
this will be a SERIOUS BONUS for Onitsha. good job.
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by SirMethod: 11:06pm On Jul 14, 2011
I believe in the NEW DELTA. Those of u that don't believe that something good can come from delta, Watch and See
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jul 14, 2011
Wats goin on here?is it d Asaba airport dats jst abt two poles away frm where i stay or anoda Asaba airport i dnt knw abt?Na wa for some Naija dumb governors and their silly propaganda.Hv they finishd refundin d unsuspectin unemployd graduates they scammd their money??
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by cuteswagz: 3:00am On Jul 15, 2011
VANGUARD AND UDUAGHAN NA 5 & 6,

WE CITIZENS OF ASABA NO SAY DAH AIRPOT AINT COMPLETE YET,

DOUBT ME?

ASK UDUAGHAN TO BOARD HIS FLIGHT 4RM THERE WHEN GOING TO ABUJA NXT TYM
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by sylve11: 11:37am On Jul 15, 2011
gooooooooooooood! cool
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by ifyalways(f): 11:50am On Jul 15, 2011
Is it possible they completed this airport within 3 weeks cos I saw this airport "site" 3 weeks ago and it was neither completed nor ready for use.

@Otokx,Overland airways have been around for quite sometime.They are mostly into cargo and charter.
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 15, 2011
Gov Uduaghan is in deep shit and could be sacked any time soon, all these are just to seek sympathy from deltans but its too late. The only thing the delta state govt. is efficient at is collecting tax. I can boldly hit my chest and tell you that flight was an arrangee. Charted and the passengers fellow friends and hired nonentities. If you doubt me just go there and see if there is even skeletal activity. That runway is even made of sub standard asphalt no airline in its right senses will branch there.
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by monkeyleg: 3:34pm On Jul 15, 2011
@blink82,

you dey follow the wahala wey one burst for the man. Im dey serious yaha. All those phuckker wey dey allow them selves to be hired. shame on dem lot. Uduaghan na failure from day one
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 15, 2011
Is that the airport that has gulped 40 Billion Naira? I weep for Nigeria angry shocked
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 15, 2011
monkeyleg:

@blink82,

you dey follow the wahala wey one burst for the man. Im dey serious yaha. All those phuckker wey dey allow them selves to be hired. shame on dem lot. Uduaghan na failure from day one
Oga monkeyleg I de follow the case seriously. Judges no gree take bribe again. I hear say who wan pass judgement de America de receive fresh air but as e set she go come sack the guy rush enter plane go America back.
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by Ifebazz(m): 6:57am On Jul 16, 2011
Ngs shld be used to our politicians by now. Weneva a gov has probs, he launches big projects as diversion frm de main prob.
He is facin eminent sack frm tribunal & is usin airport to appeal to pity abi? Let Uduaghan use de airport he said is ready. He refused usin it yet he's in media advertizin.
Ppl don't be deceived, he collected money (N1500 each) frm job seekers for employment into de so called airport last yr wen der were no vacancies.
He's jus tryin to gain cheap populrty via Vanguard as regards his case wit Ogboru. E nor go work. He must go since he's watchin as delta is plumetin into de cesspit of abject bigotory.
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by thameamead(f): 11:52am On Jul 16, 2011
apparently Overland Airways flies to Ibadan, Lagos, Ilorin and Abuju but am yet to meet anyone that has actually flown with them, the website needs a bit of TLC but with important info like timetable- www.overland.aero. has anyone used it?
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:09pm On Jul 16, 2011
kalokalo:

Is that the airport that has gulped 40 Billion Naira? I weep for Nigeria angry shocked

Thank you bruh. That's exactly what i've been thinking too. I suspect a large amount of the 40 billion naira is in private pockets. 40 billion naira (roughly $250 million) and the terminal building is looking like a large glorified warehouse in Onitsha. Did you see the local zinc they're using for the roof?

The new airport constructed in CapeTown for the world cup was built at a cost of $900 million (if my memory serves me right), and that's about 3.5 times the cost of Asaba airport. Compare the pics with what we've seen so far of Asaba airport and tell me if it's just 3.5 times less grand than the Cape Town one.

Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by Chukwe: 10:48pm On Jul 17, 2011
i do pass the airport always the airport wont, even finiish this year ,
Re: Asaba Airport Begins Commercial Flight! by gistcity(m): 10:04am On Feb 11, 2021
You can get flights from Asaba to Lagos

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please I Need Direction To Ikoyi / Cost Of Travelling From Lagos To S. Leone By Road / Hotel Prices In Owerri Pleeese!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.