Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,416 members, 7,853,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:25 AM

The Dead Sea Scrolls , Religion And The Truth - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Dead Sea Scrolls , Religion And The Truth (342 Views)

The Truth Behind The Popular Saying: 'in Case Of Incasity' / Movie: Day Of The Dead Bloodline (2018) || Deckmob.com / Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Dead Sea Scrolls , Religion And The Truth by HelpYourself(m): 10:13am On May 17, 2022
In late 1946 or early 1947, Bedouin teenagers were tending their goats and sheep near the ancient settlement of Qumran, located on the northwest shore of the Dead Sea in what is now known as the West Bank. One of the young shepherds tossed a rock into an opening on the side of a cliff and was surprised to hear a shattering sound. He and his companions later entered the cave and found a collection of large clay jars, seven of which contained leather and papyrus scrolls. An antiquities dealer bought the cache, which ultimately ended up in the hands of various scholars who estimated that the texts were upwards of 2,000 years old. After word of the discovery got out, Bedouin treasure hunters and archaeologists unearthed tens of thousands of additional scroll fragments from 10 nearby caves; together they make up between 800 and 900 manuscripts.

The Dead Sea Scrolls include fragments from every book of the Old Testament except for the Book of Esther. Scholars have speculated that traces of this missing book, which recounts the story of the eponymous Jewish queen of Persia, either disintegrated over time or have yet to be uncovered. The only complete book of the Hebrew Bible preserved among the manuscripts from Qumran is Isaiah; this copy, dated to the first century B.C., is considered the earliest Old Testament manuscript still in existence. Along with biblical texts, the scrolls include documents about sectarian regulations, such as the Community Rule, and religious writings that do not appear in the Old Testament

The global Christian authority have refused to allow unmonitored access to the dead sea Scrolls nor allowed it added to the Bible strictly because it would strip Christianity of alot of power and falsehood.

For example below excerpts from the book of Saint Thomas read and judge for yourself the words of Jesus Christ

Gospel of Thomas saying 77b.

Jesus said: "Split wood, I am there. Lift up a rock, you will find me there."

Gospel of Thomas' saying 3a
"Jesus said: If your leaders say to you 'Look! The Kingdom is in the heavens!" Then the birds will be there before you are. If they say that the Kingdom is in the sea, then the fish will be there before you are. Rather, the Kingdom is within you and it is outside of you."

with words from saying 77b (quoted above) and shows the influence of a phrase attributed to Stephen in Acts 7:48:
"the Most High does not dwell in houses made with hands."

"The Kingdom of God is within you and it surrounds you and God does not live in temples of wood and stone."
so this statement shows you that all these gaunt structures churches like Dynamics, Redeemed , house on the rock, Christ embassy and others have built and still building have nothing to do with he way to salvation. They are merely earthly structures of no significance.

Ask yourselves why was this statement by Jesus Christ as recorded by Saint Thomas in the dead sea Scrolls never allowed to be added to the Bible?

"The Kingdom of God is inside/within you (and all about you), not in buildings/mansions of wood and stone. (When I am gone) Split a piece of wood and I am there, lift the/a stone and you will find me."

It's obvious why. Because Lord Jesus foresaw this coming of a commercialized Christianity, one sold like a business. With music concerts and glam and glamour... They even have award shows as I have been told grin.

What a mess Christianity is today and it's all because of the falsehoods allowed to permeate the religion.

If you can lay your hands on the released and translated versions of the dead seas scrolls I encourage you read them more.than today's over edited commercial Bible with numerous versions..

The dead seas scrolls contains all the old and new testament in their raw form without all the editing and adding of parts like tithes and monetisation of the spiritual work. You would be surprised how different it is from the so called.modern Bible you read today .

5 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (Reply)

How’s Your Experience Like When You First Butchered A Hen? / Please Help, My Wedding Plan Is Astake! / Singer, Portable Bought A New House At His Home Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.