Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Shame To All Women Posters On Nairaland - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Shame To All Women Posters On Nairaland (1601 Views)

Sunday Mba Vows To Shame Critics / Shame To Jonathan: We Can't Watch AFCON Live On NTA! / Liverpool End Cheseal Dream,shame To All Chelsea Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shame To All Women Posters On Nairaland by sayso: 9:27am On Jul 14, 2011
Why should a man be advocating for  women support, can't the women be proud of what they are doing at least when that  beats that of the men. I bet you that Japanese team that played last night and the match between USA and France will beat some premier league teams if fair play is employed. It shocks me when I noticed this morning that no report about the Japan vs Sweden  or USA vs France match at the on going women world cup this morning, after displaying what appears to be total football and no post of it this morning. I say once again shame to all Female posters on Nl.
Re: Shame To All Women Posters On Nairaland by JeSoul(f): 1:34pm On Jul 14, 2011
^ and what exactly are you on about?

Do all men on NL post on soccer topics? Unfortunately there isn't a ton of interest in female soccer on NL and that is perfectly fine especially when the Nigerian team is already out. Go to other sites and see both men and women really into it. Infact and for your information, I have watched almost every single game of the Women's world cup and supported in other ways. I was even exploring the possibility of attending the next WWC to be held in Canada not too far from me - all this is by far better and useful to female soccer than opening a forced topic on NL that will get only 50 views and 5 comments. There'll probably be a thread for the finals match, but there is no point in opening threads that ppl aren't interested in.

With that I say shame on you for saying shame on NL's wonderful women tongue
Re: Shame To All Women Posters On Nairaland by thisisEMP: 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2011
JeSoul:

^ and what exactly are you on about?

Do all men on NL post on soccer topics? Unfortunately there isn't a ton of interest in female soccer on NL and that is perfectly fine especially when the Nigerian team is already out. Go to other sites and see both men and women really into it. Infact and for your information, I have watched almost every single game of the Women's world cup and supported in other ways. I was even exploring the possibility of attending the next WWC to be held in Canada not too far from me - all this is by far better and useful to female soccer than opening a forced topic on NL that will get only 50 views and 5 comments. There'll probably be a thread for the finals match, but there is no point in opening threads that ppl aren't interested in.

With that I say shame on you for saying shame on NL's wonderful women tongue

NICE EXCUSE, BUT I THINK WOMEN SHOULD STEP UP!
Re: Shame To All Women Posters On Nairaland by mukina2: 3:10pm On Jul 16, 2011
^
you nor serious grin
Re: Shame To All Women Posters On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 16, 2011
sayso:

Why should a man be advocating for women support,can't the women be proud of what they are doing at least when that beats that of the men.I bet you that Japanese team that played last night and the match between USA and France will beat some premier league teams if fair play is employed.It shocks me when I noticed this morning that no report about the Japan vs Sweden or USA vs France match at the on going women world cup this morning,after displaying what appears to be total football and no post of it this morning.
I say once again shame to all Female posters on Nl.

I have no beef with your post except for the bolded.
Please which Premier League are you talking about?
Is it the English Premier League EPL?
Could you please mention the Male teams that the female teams of Japan,USA or France can defeat?
I watched both semi finals and while I agree they were exciting in a girlish way,the day of any of the four teams defeating a male premier League side are Zillions of years away.
Re: Shame To All Women Posters On Nairaland by semid4lyfe(m): 11:06pm On Jul 16, 2011
I kinda agree with the OP. A cursory glance at all the match day threads on Women's football on this forum will reveal that 99% of them were started by men and 99% of the posts in those threads were also from the men.

Why should the EPL match day threads have more women participation and contributions than Match day threads involving Nigerian Women Teams @ International Competitions? WHY?

The women on Nairaland can surely do better.
Re: Shame To All Women Posters On Nairaland by mukina2: 11:10pm On Jul 16, 2011
^
you should have done threads as well.
Re: Shame To All Women Posters On Nairaland by honeric01(m): 4:43am On Jul 17, 2011
When its not romance or cheating husband's thread?
Re: Shame To All Women Posters On Nairaland by mukina2: 4:56am On Jul 17, 2011
ta! do you see me posting there? tongue
Re: Shame To All Women Posters On Nairaland by honeric01(m): 5:29am On Jul 17, 2011
^^^

Are you a woman dear? undecided lipsrsealed grin grin grin grin (jokez)
Re: Shame To All Women Posters On Nairaland by enomakos(m): 11:18am On Jul 17, 2011
shame
Re: Shame To All Women Posters On Nairaland by mukina2: 12:23am On Jul 18, 2011
honeric01:

^^^

Are you a woman dear? undecided lipsrsealed grin grin grin grin (jokez)
no tongue
Re: Shame To All Women Posters On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 31, 2011
all naija women are interested about are local gossips and if its not that its either about the latest brocade they bought from the market or that blackberry that their boyfriend sent to them grin grin
Re: Shame To All Women Posters On Nairaland by madoba: 10:44pm On Jul 31, 2011
I am not a fan of the sport called football whether its' male or female football. I really can't be bothered but give me Lawn tennis and volleyball anytime and you've made my day.

There is absolutely nothing shameful about women not supporting female football. For some of us, the sport is simply not our cup of tea. Personally i think it's too masculine a sport for women.

I saw a female footballer sometime ago and i was like shocked shocked shocked what the hell is that a man or woman?
Re: Shame To All Women Posters On Nairaland by Seun(m): 10:12am On Aug 01, 2011
Even female football fans would rather support male teams like the Super Eagles and Arsenal.
Re: Shame To All Women Posters On Nairaland by swaggerboi2011: 10:42am On Aug 01, 2011
lol. tell them
Re: Shame To All Women Posters On Nairaland by ravenesque: 7:13pm On Aug 02, 2011
Hate to say it poster, but you are kinda right. I love football - mostly english premier league ,championship and champions league football. I even watch reserves and coca-cola cup matches. We have a soccer school in London and sponser a football team in Ghana. But for some reason, girls football has never interested me much. I don't why. I will make more of an effort to support our female footballers too, because my husband has mentioned the same thing to me recently - I need to work on that.

(1) (Reply)

We ‘ll Eat Nigeria Like Super Fried Chickens, Ivorian Eboue Boasts / Nigerian Paralympian And Gold Medallist Joy Onaolapo Is Dead / Cristiano Ronaldo Strips Down For New Underwear Campaign And Gives Fitness Tips.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.