Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms (23128 Views)

Minister, Emeka Nwajiuba Purchases N100 Million APC Presidential Ticket (Photos) / Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President / Nigerians Suggest Akin Adesina Should Run For President After Pics With Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by politicoNG: 11:51am On May 17, 2022
Date: May 17, 2022

Statement by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, President, African Development Bank

I have been extremely humbled by several calls from Nigerians at home and abroad that I should consider running for the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I am very touched by all who have gone to great extent, with such huge sacrifices, of their own volition, to consider me worthy to be proposed for potential consideration. The coalition groups of youth, women, farmers, physically challenged and well-meaning Nigerians that have done this
have expressed their genuine free will, political right, freedom of expression and association for my consideration, with the interest of Nigeria at heart.

While I am deeply honored, humbled and grateful for all the incredible goodwill, kindness, and confidence, my current responsibilities at this time do not allow me to accept to be considered.

I remain fully engaged and committed to the mission that Nigeria, Africa and all the non-African shareholders of the African Development Bank have given me for Africa's development.

I remain fully focused on the mission of supporting the accelerated development and economic integration of Africa

May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

May God bless Africa.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=369481498542862&id=100064430454256

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by famology(m): 12:13pm On May 17, 2022
He was just another donor.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by CaptainAyub: 12:14pm On May 17, 2022
Unfortunately, this is the only Yoruba man the whole south could've voted,not minding d sentiments surrounding zoning

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by Morenikeji090(m): 12:23pm On May 17, 2022
Thank you so much.. he can't betray us now.. Tinubu will get the ticket.. they wanna find all means to discredit Tinubu and all shall not work.. lolz foolish people wanna use Jonathan to fight him.. Falana block the way for them saying jona can't rule again.. lolz. Tinubu is a God sent... He got over 30 years experience in polities, he is a master planner of Yoruba dope state called Lagos state that some tribe called their American and London.. they can't stay in their state still gonna say Yoruba are bad... Majority of yoruba gonna defend our blood....

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by Puskas: 12:25pm On May 17, 2022
Nigeria politics is very dirty for someone like him

22 Likes

Re: Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by mazizitonene(m): 12:40pm On May 17, 2022
Folks throwing 100million around like it's nothing......same cabal will say there's no money and keep borrowing to fund the budget

10 Likes

Re: Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by Maxymilliano(m): 12:40pm On May 17, 2022
While I am deeply honored, humbled and grateful for all the incredible goodwill, kindness, and confidence, my current responsibilities at this time do not allow me to accept to be considered.
Since he's aware of his current responsibilities at ADB, he should have reacted much more earlier when the rumors of his purported ambition was rife, rather than waiting till a nomination form was purchased at a princely sum of 100m and submitted on his behalf

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by Basicend: 12:41pm On May 17, 2022
CaptainAyub:
Unfortunately, this is the only Yoruba man the whole south could've voted,not minding d sentiments surrounding zoning

By what standards sir?

What significant revolution or milestone achievement has he done at his space?

He is just like them. . With more Grammer and packaging. . He should sit down.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by michlins(m): 12:41pm On May 17, 2022
I would have voted this guy irrespective of his tribe and religion

10 Likes

Re: Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by Seyiemath(m): 12:41pm On May 17, 2022
hmmmmm
Re: Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by southsouthking(m): 12:41pm On May 17, 2022
Re: Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by Ifex4real: 12:41pm On May 17, 2022
Good one

2 Likes

Re: Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by Aidejay(m): 12:42pm On May 17, 2022
Minus 1 again!!!

25 more to go.

People going to recover their 100 million before Sule use it to rig elections.

1 Like

Re: Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by Forest122: 12:42pm On May 17, 2022
Yeye people
Re: Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by IPIGSRMUMU: 12:43pm On May 17, 2022
Smart man unlike Jona-daft who kept dancing around hoping for Buhari to impose him on other candidates.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by Basicend: 12:43pm On May 17, 2022
The only Yoruba guy I can vote for is Fashola judging by many works he did within Lagos. .

Unfortunately he is not around this time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by fasho01(m): 12:43pm On May 17, 2022
He would have been a better candidate than all the miscreants contesting combined

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by SensualMan: 12:43pm On May 17, 2022
The only yoruba man I see at par with Peter Obi.
The only intelligent yoruba man.

Well... The yoruba race I know will always crave for an Agbero to a technocrat.
See them craving for an Agbero, a drug addict.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by FalseProphet1(m): 12:43pm On May 17, 2022
He won't get one vote from delegates in the primaries, that's why he rejected the form.

This I have seen.

3 Likes

Re: Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by Allisgud: 12:44pm On May 17, 2022
The only person I would have considered from that broom party

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by Alsakinah: 12:45pm On May 17, 2022
Contentment

1 Like

Re: Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by xstyle: 12:46pm On May 17, 2022
This is someone who came out and clearified issues, but it seems other citizens like Goodluck Ebele prefer to keep citizens in the dark. When he is done with AFDB he should come we will consider him for the Job.

2 Likes

Re: Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by hush15: 12:49pm On May 17, 2022
CaptainAyub:

I believe he made a wise decision. Who would leave a world stage where world leaders have his attention with the utmost respect to play politics that will only eventually soil his integrity and reputation and moreso, with the most confused party in the entire human race?

Na asiwaju or Ameachi or all those useless politicians will corrupt him and malign him and .... i can't even begin to phantom the blackmail and backstabbing that will ensue from those the he commands respect from.
Re: Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms by Jokerman(m): 12:49pm On May 17, 2022
No serious and good hearted person will accept such a treacherous form

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Keyamo: The G5 And Peter Obi Are The Reasons Tinubu Will Win This Election / Marketers Hint Of ₦800 Petrol Pump Price Amid Surging Landing Cost, Worsening FX / Buhari’s Victory: Woman, With 40 Day Old Baby, Treks To Abuja To Fulfil A Vow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.