Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,856 members, 7,813,916 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application (45864 Views)

Sweden Officially Joins NATO, Ending Decades Of Neutrality / Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. / Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 17, 2022
Igbofam:

I don't make friends with Russian bots. Their IQ is smaller than an atom

Doubt there is anyone here from the troll farms in St Peterburg.

Plus, people support Russia, largely in part because they do not want a unipolar world....where the USA dictates to everyone, and tells everyone to do what they think is 'right'.

(It does not make big nations invading small nations the right thing...Russia, and US invasions inclusive)
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by Cubalabloo(m): 6:27pm On May 17, 2022
Igbofam:

I don't make friends with Russian bots. Their IQ is smaller than an atom
I can only accept Igbofam as friend only and only if he is really ready to learn from me. I hate uninformed friends!
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by railone(m): 6:28pm On May 17, 2022
na2016:

True but you think Turkey will allow these people to join?

why do you people like hanging on to the thinnest of details...
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by Cubalabloo(m): 6:29pm On May 17, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
Men, no one feels threatened by Putin anymore. If you neutralize Putin's nuclear code, he is as good as a weak country like Venezuela
Whois now gonna bell the cat?
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by Igbofam: 6:30pm On May 17, 2022
Cubalabloo:
I can only accept Igbofam as friend only and only if he is really ready to learn from me. I hate uninformed friends!

No dey use style beg for friendship. You know you will always be a student of history in my school
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by Nomsco: 6:32pm On May 17, 2022
[quote author=Cubalabloo post=112916579] All i want you to know is that Finland is in real deep shit

Don't you think Finland is fully prepared for the worse?
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by Cubalabloo(m): 6:33pm On May 17, 2022
Igbofam:

No dey use style beg for friendship. You know you will always be a student of history in my school
School of the uninformed miserables?
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by Cubalabloo(m): 6:35pm On May 17, 2022
[quote author=Nomsco post=112926041][/quote] The should be prepared for the worst too!
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by Igbofam: 6:36pm On May 17, 2022
Cubalabloo:
School of the uninformed miserables?

The uninformed Miserables are you Putin bots who keep opening threads where you gather to wail about nairaland and Seun and myself grin

How we embraced the West and call us all sorts of names hoping to gain our attention or response cheesy

Happiness is free oo. Make una dey try apply am grin
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by Cubalabloo(m): 6:38pm On May 17, 2022
Igbofam:

The uninformed Miserables are you Putin bots who keep opening threads where you gather to wail about nairaland and Seun and myself grin

How we embraced the West and call us all sorts of names hoping to gain our attention or response cheesy

Happiness is free oo. Make una dey try apply am grin
Case closed!
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by ameh99: 6:39pm On May 17, 2022
Cubalabloo:
All i want you to know is that Finland is in real deep shit!

Na you wan go give them the shit ni?

Cry.. cry Putin supporter undecided
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by UncleKoboko: 6:49pm On May 17, 2022
God1000:
All the threats from Vladimir Putin has failed to deter Finland and Sweden.

This Putin is still living in the past, this is 21st century, you don't just bully countries anyhow and expect them to embrace you.

The same reason Taiwan is seeking stronger ties with US instead of its neighbour China
Keep fooling yourselves you brainwashed with Western media propaganda and America ass licking.
Taiwan is in China and Taiwan is part of china whether anything likes it or not.
USA will dare not engage china on Taiwan issue, dem no born USA well

1 Like

Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by Awesometouch1: 6:51pm On May 17, 2022
mbahdi:
Way to go
End of Russia is near if there try rubbish.lets see how there gonna fight three country at a time.finland, Sweden and Ukraine
Finland and Sweden will already be safe from any Russian aggression once they become part of NATO. Russia attacked Ukraine because they weren't in NATO. That's something I'll blame the duo of Germany and France that opposed Ukraine's move to become part of NATO. Otherwise we won't be witnessing what's happening today in Ukraine.

Though the last time Russia attacked Finland, the finnish handed them a very generous defeat let alone now they are about becoming part of NATO........a force that holds over 50% of global military hardwares with members whose economies are super robust.

The truth is that Russia doesn't even have the resources to be a world superpower. They've only been able to manage proceeds from the sale of natural resources to help them maintain a massive military they inherited from the defunct Soviet Union, leaving much of her population in poverty.
Most rich western countries have far more resources to build not only a much larger force than Russia's but one that's better trained and maintained(Italy alone has twice the spending power of Russia).
They just prefer to rest in the safety net of NATO which is better for them.

It's only China that can measure up as a superpower to a good extent. One China is actually 10 Russias and even at a better level.

2 Likes

Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by 2loadedguy: 6:51pm On May 17, 2022
lecowas:

US has gotten more than 840km border with Russia now, all thanks to putin's lack of diplomacy. Both has ICBM, ICBM traveling at Mach 5 can destroy Russia under 5minutes because it won't need to travel thousands of miles again. This is called check mate. U guys should think
And in your warped lopsided analogy you didn't think that the closeness also means Russia shares the same 840km border to respond to the same threat via icbms. Just posting rubbish without thinking it through. There would be no winner in a US vs Russia war due to MAD
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by ken6488(m): 6:52pm On May 17, 2022
lecowas:

US has gotten more than 840km border with Russia now, all thanks to putin's lack of diplomacy. Both has ICBM, ICBM traveling at Mach 5 can destroy Russia under 5minutes because it won't need to travel thousands of miles again. This is called check mate. U guys should think
You think USA will sacrifice New York, San Francisco fir Finland?
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by logiccal: 6:56pm On May 17, 2022
If this white people really care about world peace, I don't see the need for NATO's existence.
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by gare(f): 7:19pm On May 17, 2022
Igbofam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4qliGV4NK8

STOCKHOLM -- Sweden on Tuesday signed a formal request to join NATO, a day after the country announced it would seek membership in the 30-member military alliance. In neighboring Finland, lawmakers are expected later in the day to formally endorse Finnish leaders’ decision also to join.

The moves by the two Nordic countries, ending Sweden’s more than 200 years of military nonalignment and Finland’s nonalignment after World War II, have provoked the ire of the Kremlin.

While most NATO members are keen to welcome the two countries as quickly as possible, Turkey has potentially complicated their accession by saying it cannot allow them to become members because of their perceived inaction against exiled Kurdish militants.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday doubled down on comments last week indicating that the two Nordic countries´ path to NATO would be anything but smooth. All 30 current NATO countries must agree to open the door to new members. He accused the two Nordic countries of refusing to extradite “terrorists” wanted by his country.

In Stockholm, Swedish Foreign Minister Ann Linde signed the formal request to join the Alliance, which she said would be sent to NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg

“It feels like we have taken a decision that is the best for Sweden,” she said while signing the document.

Finnish President Sauli Niinisto arrived in Sweden for an official two-day visit and was welcomed by Sweden’s King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, who had invited him. Niinisto addressed Sweden's Parliament and said, “we took peace for granted; on Feb. 24 the peace was broken,” in a reference to the date that Ukraine was invaded by Russia.

“Our old ways of handling things no longer correspond to the new situation," Niinisto told Swedish lawmakers.“ Our relations with Russia have changed."

He also spoke about Erdogan's comments, saying they were “surprising and interesting.”

“Turkey’s statements have changed and toughened very quickly in recent days, but I am sure that we will resolve the situation with the help of constructive talks,” Niinisto said.

He is later to meet Swedish Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson.

On Twitter, Niinisto said that “the timing is excellent, a strong and stable Nordic region is our common cause.”

During a brief press conference, Carl XVI Gustaf said "the visit is characterized by the serious situation in our vicinity.” Niinisto added that “our security policy line has long been similar and even now, when the situation demands it, we take our steps together.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/International/wireStory/sweden-signs-nato-request-finns-formally-endorse-move-84771966

Putin dey your dey if you fall for this trap NATO go run you over in one week, na small Ukraine they couple you, so with Nuclear weapons you can't win a war because you're tactless, just allow them go because any attempt you will not believe your eyes.
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by dadabashua1(m): 7:25pm On May 17, 2022
Putin you mumu sha,just apply to join NATO also,make we see how the thing go turn out...make everybody kuku NATOrise o cheesy
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by lecowas: 7:35pm On May 17, 2022
2loadedguy:

And in your warped lopsided analogy you didn't think that the closeness also means Russia shares the same 840km border to respond to the same threat via icbms. Just posting rubbish without thinking it through. There would be no winner in a US vs Russia war due to MAD

Shut up and stop quoting me if u can't respond without insult. I know there's no going to be a winner In a nuclear war but America will sacrifice Finland with promise to build it back. Finland has a large bunker
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by God1stson(m): 7:46pm On May 17, 2022
allen113:
This Sweden go like vawulence ooh grin

Anyways what's my business, I'm African and they don't even care about us.

Sweden have robust arms industry. I bet u if they fire anything into sweden, they can be sure the war will enter Russia not this one the war is fought only in Ukraine. Sweden is a small country with good defense industry.

1 Like

Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by InoGetJoy: 7:54pm On May 17, 2022
I wish Putin will start forming military alliances with China, India and other countries, and place missiles in Cuba, let me see what the West will do.
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by Amayabor1: 7:56pm On May 17, 2022
Cubalabloo:
I don't expect you to understand. Do i?

Spell correctly next time, simple!
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by Pastorsmile: 8:05pm On May 17, 2022
Overated Putin is going down
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by benzion72(m): 8:08pm On May 17, 2022
Russian has been decoded. This is the best time for any country that want to move to do so. Russia cannot afford to fight several neighbor at the same time
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by martinslaura: 8:14pm On May 17, 2022
Cubalabloo:
There death warrant will be signed by Putin very soon!

What nonsense death warrant? Na Putin get the world ni? I beg leave story
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by alcuin(m): 8:19pm On May 17, 2022
uchennaq:

How? Big MUMU!! Have you ever heard that any NATO member country invaded another nation? NEVER! Because they are too civilized for such. Putin is a rabid dog that needs to be tamed.

So Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq were invaded by who exactly?
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by na2016: 8:21pm On May 17, 2022
Amayabor1:

Diplomacy will be used to make Turkey see the reason for Sweden and Finland to join Nato. Finland and Sweden may have to compromise to appease Turkey.

But just know that Sweden and Finland will be admitted into NATO. The odds are against Turkey. Out of 30 countries, only Turkey is against Sweden and Finland joining Nato.

Thanks for your point of view
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by excel101(m): 8:37pm On May 17, 2022
Cubalabloo:
Death warrant indeed, when they're still struggling to come out of the one they entered with Ukraine.
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by excel101(m): 8:40pm On May 17, 2022
Igbofam:
i

Turkey is alone in this and their reason is a selfish one and has nothing to do with Russia. They are instead talking about the Khurdish people of Turkey being accepted in Finland and Sweden

That can be easily diplomatically resolved
You're up to date my bro.
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by NairaMaster1(m): 8:48pm On May 17, 2022
Cubalabloo:

May be you will be the chief of staff to Putin.
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by Minjim: 8:50pm On May 17, 2022
Cubalabloo:
How about Iran, Irag & Afganistan coming inside the picture, allying with Russia. Does that scare you?

A country with no economy stocking up weapons will surely bother anyone
Re: Sweden Officially Signs NATO Application by funsho75(m): 8:56pm On May 17, 2022
kerry57:

In the world that we live today, no leader has the monopoly of violence. I believe we are almost at the moment that west have been waiting for. I used to respect Putin before now but he messed up big time with Ukraine. The west set a trap for him with Ukraine and they got him gig time

Una go just dey talk

Wat would you have done...

Okay sorry, i forgot, you are African
Africans don't fight for betterment id her people....

I still don't understand you people supporting the western, if they are true leader of the world, they should be calling for best solution to end d unnecessary war, but your are here blaming the pot for getting hot and ignoring d person putting fire...

Africans, our senses na 2 bar he remain

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Fact Check: Did Queen Elizabeth II Throw Food To African Kids In Viral Video? / Mexico Refuses To Sanction Russia, Welcomes Russian Commercial Planes / Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.