Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,251 members, 7,829,463 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected (1188 Views)

Onitsha Is The Dirty Capital Of The World - Asari Dokubo (Video) / Onitsha Is Becoming A ‘Dead’ City - Soludo Laments / Zik Statue At DMGS Roundabout Onitsha Is On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by DOTian: 1:48pm On May 17, 2022
There is a thread on the homepage right now that was started without any attempt to cite any source of the information there in. The thread in question suggests that Onitsha, the main commercial city in Anambra state is in trouble and that the inhabitants are desperately crying for help. NOTHING CAN BE FARTHEST FROM THE TRUTH! This is an Evil thread especially when you take into consideration the fact that Onitsha is as peaceful as a lake as we speak. People are calm and collected and there are no extraordinary security threats as we speak. You can make a call to your loved ones living there to ascertain the truth. Pure misinformation and I hope this thread I just stsrted is not pulled down. There are two sides to every story.

It's unfortunate how some people will calibrate their political advancements in Nigeria based on their evil beliefs that they must contain others. It's wrong for some people to believe that the best way they can stand above others is to stand on top of them. Why do I say this? The desperation by certain groups in this country to dictate the pace of the development of other peoples destinies is the reason this country is hurtling down to a real crises and grand misinformation is part of the tactics! It's starting to look like there is a well choreographed political and security campaign to demarket the south east as a political unit. This has intensified as the next presidential election beckons. Since the dominating political narrative in the country started tilting towards an Igbo presidency, folks from certain parts of the country have become restless and ruthless with their patented brand of tribal politics. It's Evil!

It's true that there is the issue of "Sit at homes". This has obviously effected businesses. Occasionally, there are cases of insurgents activities in certain parts of the east carried out by the now ubiquitous unknown gunmen. Yet, these are not enough reasons to blanket the whole region with all sorts of hateful tags while trying to make it look like the whole East in general and Onitsha in particular are in some sort of chokehold orchestrated by either Nnamdi Kanu or Simon Ekpa. It's a fat lie! Most igbos are genuinely upset with the way the Nigerian state has treated them overtime and as such are ambivalent to their continuous membership of this country. That's a fact. Those who are trying to criminalize this honest struggle without trying to understand the basis for the agitations and anger instigating it, are the real enemies of Nigeria and not the egalitarian Igbos.

Once again: ONITSHA IS PEACEFUL AND WILL ALWAYS BE!

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by Brexxit(m): 1:50pm On May 17, 2022
grin

Borno is safer than imo and Anambra currently.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by DOTian: 1:55pm On May 17, 2022
Brexxit:
grin

Borno is safer imo and Anambra currently.

Your campaign of calumny will come to nuts..

19 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by Okoroawusa: 1:55pm On May 17, 2022
The way a woman keeps her breast is the way we will press it. After all it's her breast.

If you say that Onitsha is now a paradise who are we to argue with you? After all it's your Onitsha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by Connoisseur(m): 1:58pm On May 17, 2022
DOTian:
There is a thread on the homepage right now that was started without any attempt to cite any source of the information there in. The thread in question suggests that Onitsha, the main commercial city in Anambra state is in trouble and that the inhabitants are desperately crying for help. NOTHING CAN BE FARTHEST FROM THE TRUTH! This is an Evil thread especially when you take into consideration the fact that Onitsha is as peaceful as a lake as we speak. People are calm and collected and there are no extraordinary security threats as we speak. You can make a call to your loved ones living there to ascertain the truth. Pure misinformation and I hope this thread I just stsrted is not pulled down. There are two sides to every story.

It's unfortunate how some people will calibrate their political advancements in Nigeria based on their evil beliefs that they must contain others. It's wrong for some people to believe that the best way they can stand above others is to stand on top of them. Why do I say this? The desperation by certain groups in this country to dictate the pace of the development of other peoples destinies is the reason this country is hurtling down to a real crises and grand misinformation is part of the tactics! It's starting to look like there is a well choreographed political and security campaign to demarket the south east as a political unit. This has intensified as the next presidential election beckons. Since the dominating political narrative in the country started tilting towards an Igbo presidency, folks from certain parts of the country have become restless and ruthless with their patented brand of tribal politics. It's Evil!

It's true that there is the issue of "Sit at homes". This has obviously effected businesses. Occasionally, there are cases of insurgents activities in certain parts of the east carried out by the now ubiquitous unknown gunmen. Yet, these are not enough reasons to blanket the whole region with all sorts of hateful tags while trying to make it look like the whole East in general and Onitsha in particular are in some sort of chokehold orchestrated by either Nnamdi Kanu or Simon Ekpa. It's a fat lie! Most igbos are genuinely upset with the way the Nigerian state has treated them overtime and as such are ambivalent to their continuous membership of this country. That's a fact. Those who are trying to criminalize this honest struggle without trying to understand the basis for the agitations and anger instigating it, are the real enemies of Nigeria and not the egalitarian Igbos.

I am not surprised
The picture on your profile says it all.
This is what peace means in your beloved Biafra.
Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 17, 2022
Onitsha has always been a rough town but not as bad as the media is painting it...I'm currently in Onitsha and everywhere is cool

8 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by DOTian: 1:59pm On May 17, 2022
Okoroawusa:
The way a woman keeps her breast is the way we will press it. After all it's her breast.

If you say that Onitsha is now a paradise who are we to argue with you? After all it's your Onitsha
Stop pressing my Brest. My Brest is not itching me so I don't need your pressing..
Press your abunna

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by Connoisseur(m): 2:05pm On May 17, 2022
Okoroawusa:

Truth is, it's not just his Onitsha.
He might not have stepped for in that town in the last 5 years.
The only sane part of that town was restored two nights ago and the town is hemorrhaging.

I should have taken a picture of the only fuel station willing to dispense products last night after the sit at home around GRA axis, Ukraine doesn't paint a good picture.
The only reason they are willing to d so is because, they are less than 100 meters from the Area Command. The Area Command is itself, under lock and key.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by Connoisseur(m): 2:07pm On May 17, 2022
Emersonjay:
Onitsha has always been a rough town but not as bad as the media is painting it...I'm currently in Onitsha and everywhere is cool

Well anybody that stays in Okpoko will attest to Onitsha been a rough time.
Nothing is cool about Onitsha this time
Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by christejames(m): 2:12pm On May 17, 2022
Who do we believe now?

Well, what I know is that the government obviously has a hand in the ongoing insecurity in the South East stemming from the forced Monday seat at home.

You can not tell me the govt ain't culpable because once these riffraffs declare this seat at home, you will see them parading themselves round town while the so called security men and women that are suppose to contain their excesses will equally be enjoying the forced seat at home? shocked...

If you say the manpower needed to contain those riffraffs is too small, what has happened to the trucks of angry looking troops and armories being posted and transported to the South East? O! The govt sent them to go and have their sabbatical leave in the east while the north and the rest of the country equally burns from the pang of banditory and kidnapping? . angry

Well, what I know for sure is that the present day Nigeria has no government and we are on autopilot riding on the grace of fate undecided
Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by dplordx(m): 2:12pm On May 17, 2022
Ok
Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by Okoroawusa: 2:16pm On May 17, 2022
DOTian:

Stop pressing my Brest. My Brest is not itching me so I don't need your pressing..
Press your abunna
We don leave the breast for you... enjoy your Onitsha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by DeadorAlive(f): 2:19pm On May 17, 2022
DOTian:

The Agenda on Southeast is very clear. If you create a thread about Lagos or any Southwest State. It will be deleted, but miscreants create fake news about Southeast within minutes is on frontpage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by Afamsi: 2:20pm On May 17, 2022
Chai, where can someone see structures like these in the other side of the south? I mean in brown roofs region of Nigeria.
Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by an0daGuy: 2:24pm On May 17, 2022
Don’t mind the ‘one zoogeria’ chanters lol

Everybody in the east knows that the type of fire they are hyping on nairaland is fake. The city of onitsha is very serene.

Hatred and envy fall on all of the enemies of igbos worldwide

Iseeeeee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by Proudlyomonna: 2:27pm On May 17, 2022
Ok that's what we pray for that the most envied peace that the beautiful blessed Igboland has always been known for will continue.
Notwithstanding everything possible to crush ipob and their militant esn/ugm arms wing will continue to be done in Igboland �.
I am Igbo not ipob
Massob are Igbos not ipob
OYC and many other groups in Igboland are Igbos not ipob,so why should we allow ipob a group that has a reputation for tagging others who do not support their nonsensical destructive fruitless fraud struggle saboteurs, threatning and attacking them to bear arms?
Would that not be giving them the perfect opportunity to oppress and intimidate Igbos who do not support their destructive agenda?
The Esn are militants created by a proscribed group of outlaws and so they will continue to be hunted in Igboland until they accept to drop their arms and embrace amnesty.
Facts!!!

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by ogbuefi677(m): 2:28pm On May 17, 2022
DeadorAlive:

The Agenda on Southeast is very clear. If you create a thread about Lagos or any Southwest State. It will be deleted, but miscreants create fake news about Southeast within minutes is on frontpage.

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by gidgiddy: 2:47pm On May 17, 2022
Proudlyomonna:
Ok that's what we pray for that the most envied peace that the beautiful blessed Igboland has always been known for will continue.
Notwithstanding everything possible to crush ipob and their militant esn/ugm arms wing will continue to be done in Igboland �.
I am Igbo not ipob
Massob are Igbos not ipob
OYC and many other groups in Igboland are Igbos not ipob,so why should we allow ipob a group that has a reputation for tagging others who do not support their nonsensical destructive fruitless fraud struggle saboteurs, threatning and attacking them to bear arms?
Would that not be giving them the perfect opportunity to oppress and intimidate Igbos who do not support their destructive agenda?
The Esn are militants created by a proscribed group of outlaws and so they will continue to be hunted in Igboland until they accept to drop their arms and embrace amnesty.
Facts!!!

One thing I will never understand about Nigerians is that they know that Nigeria is rated the third most terrorised country on earth, yet it is Nigerians who show the most surprise at the violence that has engulfed most of the country

Rather than Nigerians to ask themselves why the violence is on the increase and talk about how to stem the tide of insecurity, they spend talking about things that will not help matters, just like the above person.

There are people out there with guns killing people all over Nigeria, terrorising people. The security forces are stretched and overwhelmed. violence could be curtailed with economic and political solutions but we inept political leaders

It is very unfortunate as I dont see this violence stopping except with the break up of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by Asgard13: 3:21pm On May 17, 2022
gidgiddy:

One thing I will never understand about Nigerians is that they know that Nigeria is rated the third most terrorised country on earth, yet it is Nigerians who show the most surprise at the violence that has engulfed most of the country

Rather than Nigerians to ask themselves why the violence is on the increase and talk about how to stem the tide of insecurity, they spend talking about things that will not help matters, just like the above person.

There are people out there with guns killing people all over Nigeria, terrorising people. The security forces are stretched and overwhelmed. violence could be curtailed with economic and political solutions but we inept political leaders

It is very unfortunate as I dont see this violence stopping except with the break up of Nigeria

So because other part of Nigeria is burning .. igbos should now keep quiet as IPOB burn and ravage their land

If I catch you physical...

Some people don finally ment.. IPOB is evil demonic and satanic

Those people dey kill and eat their people?

Don’t be a fool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by gidgiddy: 3:27pm On May 17, 2022
Asgard13:

So because other part of Nigeria is burning .. igbos should now keep quiet as IPOB burn and ravage their land

If I catch you physical...

Some people don finally ment.. IPOB is evil demonic and satanic

Those people dey kill and eat their people?

Don’t be a fool

Do you have any proof that IPOB is burning anywhere? Are you aware that IPOB said it is not them?

Most of Nigeria is burning and we should be talking about how to stop it. Mentioning IPOB from now to 200 years is not what will stop insecurity

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by Asgard13: 3:39pm On May 17, 2022
gidgiddy:

Do you have any proof that IPOB is burning anywhere? Are you aware that IPOB said it is not them?

Most of Nigeria is burning and we should be talking about how to stop it. Mentioning IPOB from now to 200 years is not what will stop insecurity

You think igbos are mumu.. and think like an IPOB brainwashes goats

No..

Na only you dey believe wetin you type

Times has left you..

IPOB is evil.. is a matter of time .. they become history

Is any of your propagandist IPOB thread still selling

When last you open a thread and it got to page 2
What are the comments like

You know say Na igbos .. but you keep calling them Yoruba

Self deceit is the worst

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by Asgard13: 4:33pm On May 17, 2022
Emergingnation:
Shut the hell up t Almajiri, chronic unity beggar..

It is Nigeria that'll be history every soon not IPOB..
Ewu Hausa !

IPOB almajiri..

Senseless zombiec bingo

Before your eyes your evil occult called IPOB will be history

Satani flesh eating organization

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by jmoore(m): 4:40pm On May 17, 2022
What about Nnewi?

I have been planning to relocate to Anambra from Aba this year.

Seems, I will pause for now till a reasonable atmosphere is present.
Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by Gbagura: 4:55pm On May 17, 2022
Calm or not, e no concern us. No reasonable person kuku dey go east at this time especially when the indigenous dumbos don use hate destroy their place.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by Emergingnation(m): 5:14pm On May 17, 2022
Asgard13:

IPOB almajiri..

Senseless zombiec bingo

Before your eyes your evil occult called IPOB will be history

Satani flesh eating organization
Ab0ki face your terrorist ravaged region and leave IPOB/Igbo out of your misery.

That you're suffering from acute deficits in mental abilities to live and function independently without Ndigbo, isn't a enough reason why we must remain in this contraption with your backwards region...

Chronic unity Begging Almajiri..

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by Asgard13: 5:18pm On May 17, 2022
Emergingnation:
Ab0ki face your terrorist ravaged region and leave IPOB/Igbo out your misery.

That you're suffering from acute deficits in mental abilities to live and function independently without Ndigbo, isn't a enough reason why we must remain in this contraption with your backwards region...

Chronic unity Begging Almajiri..

Anagoheri.. will your gibberish stop IPOB from extinction... NO!

It’s going down... increase the violence

That’s how to role and burn every home in your village

What else ..

Wetin concern Kano man.. finally your grandchildren will old and still be Nigerians

Tell us
How you plan to get Biafra

IPOB almajiri.. bingo!

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by Emergingnation(m): 5:26pm On May 17, 2022
Asgard13:

Anagoheri.. will your gibberish stop IPOB from extinction... NO!

It’s going down... increase the violence

That’s how to role and burn every home in your village

What else ..

Wetin concern Kano man.. finally your grandchildren will old and still be Nigerians

Tell us
How you plan to get Biafra

IPOB almajiri.. bingo!
[b]We can't make our plans known to our enemies....... Cry cry unity begging Almajiri that can't imagine his pathetic life without Ndigbo...

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by Asgard13: 5:50pm On May 17, 2022
Emergingnation:
[b]We can't rmake our plans known to our enemies....... Cry cry unity begging Almajiri that can't imagine his pathetic life without Ndigbo...

k
Igbos Una don see IPOB finish grin

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by DOTian: 7:25pm On May 17, 2022
DeadorAlive:

They know what they are doing
Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by Proudlyomonna: 10:39am On May 18, 2022
gidgiddy:

Hmm smh undecided being brainwashed is a terrible thing asweargad undecided
Nwokem get this and get it straight,ipob is a fraud a big fraud,do you even know that they have already been denounced and rejected by NINAS and LNC?
They are not in the business of self determination for any actualization of Biafra, starting from when the criminal from London claiming freedom fighter started off dis is fraud struggle, taking over from his former boss Uwazurike and massob with lies and propaganda,I told people that this man is a fraud.
Even if the leaders of Igboland champions the cause and Biafra is gotten today,this ipob criminals are still the bastards that will be giving the Biafran security force headaches,they are criminals not because of any nonsense Nigeria or fulani,they are criminals deep down their brainwashed soul.
Everything possible to crush ipob and their esn militant will continue to be done in Igboland,there is nothing you or your nonsense ipob sm defense squad can do about it, allowing ipob to bear arms is a big own goal and risk for the rest of us whom ipob has tagged sabo bcus we choose not to join them in their fruitless destructive agenda .
No responsible Nwafo will support such an agenda.
If ipob and their esn militant sect do not drop their arms and embrace amnesty so that peace can return to Igboland,they will continue to be hunted down,this is reality uncontestable staring glaringly at your face undecided

Re: Onitsha Is Peaceful, Calm And Collected by gidgiddy: 10:45am On May 18, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

Hmm smh undecided being brainwashed is a terrible thing asweargad undecided
Nwokem get this and get it straight,ipob is a fraud a big fraud,do you even know that they have already been denounced and rejected by NINAS and LNC?
They are not in the business of self determination for any actualization of Biafra, starting from when the criminal from London claiming freedom fighter started off dis is fraud struggle, taking over from his former boss Uwazurike and massob with lies and propaganda,I told people that this man is a fraud.
Even if the leaders of Igboland champions the cause and Biafra is gotten today,this ipob criminals are still the bastards that will be giving the Biafran security force headaches,they are criminals not because of any nonsense Nigeria or fulani,they are criminals deep down their brainwashed soul.
Everything possible to crush ipob and their esn militant will continue to be done in Igboland,there is nothing you or your nonsense ipob sm defense squad can do about it, allowing ipob to bear arms is a big own goal and risk for the rest of us whom ipob has tagged sabo bcus we choose not to join them in their fruitless destructive agenda .
No responsible Nwafo will support such an agenda.
If ipob and their esn militant sect do not drop their arms and embrace amnesty so that peace can return to Igboland,they will continue to be hunted down,this is reality uncontestable staring glaringly at your face undecided

Even if you repeat all the above a million times, it wont solve anything

Im about solving the problem, not engaging in fruitless talk

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Arrives Akure To Continue Consultations With Delegates / Labour Party Will Win Ekiti Governorship Election - Peter Obi / Your Name, State And Who You Are Voting For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.