Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,954 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption (8226 Views)

Service Chiefs Meet At Force Headquarters Over Kaduna Train Attack Abductees / Terrorists Bomb Abuja-Kaduna Train With 970 Passengers Onboard / Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by juman(m): 8:04am On May 18, 2022
Vote out apc.
They have failed us.

1 Like

Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by lexy2014: 8:06am On May 18, 2022
Warlord12:

https://punchng.com/abductees-families-vow-to-stop-abuja-kaduna-train-resumption/

theraregem1 okefranci nonpartisan1 buckeyemedia1 presidency Nigerialabalaba blackpanda vedaxcool lovenorth officialgarri seunmsg helineus NGpatriot ovamboland benuejosh aufbauh lordviccodaguru blackpanda shooyie

Do your lords and masters not care about the nigerians who are still being held captive in their own country? Isn't it obvious that buhari and osinbajo have failed in their constitutional responsibility as far as section 14(2b) is concerned? Yet some of u feel osinbajo deserves to be president to continue perpetuating buharis failure
Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by techWriter3: 8:12am On May 18, 2022
recommence what
Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by lookingfly: 8:12am On May 18, 2022
Okobola146:
I pity those that would still go back to patronize you
weather you like it or not the rail is relatively safer than the roads.....it's not fair resuming train service when people have been abducted.
Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by Slynation(m): 8:15am On May 18, 2022
Linkkyweb:
So you mean to say no security measure has been placed on that road?

Lives has no value in this Nigeria, God should just provide money so one can japa! This country has gone to the dogs and it’s heartbreaking!
Security wetin, railway tracks in Nigeria are constructed around villages and it is impossible to place security in every areas, the talk about CCTV is laughable...

It will be difficult for the government to solve this situation in Nigeria, this guys have already seen and taken kidnapping business as the most lucrative business in town, just kidnap someone and millions will appear while they still got the backing of the same government.

I feel it would become even worst when they are out of power, cos they will do anything to frustrate the next president out of office and make his regime ungovernable so as to campaign with it...!!

We are finished at the long run...
Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by Eriokanmi: 8:17am On May 18, 2022
No injustice could be more than this. Are we in a military rule for God's sake?
Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by Yadid(m): 8:18am On May 18, 2022
Shame on this government. These people have been kidnapped since March, yet no rescue attempt or anything. Two months and counting and all they could come up with is resumption of operations. SMH.
Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by NGArmyTerrorist: 8:19am On May 18, 2022
Stupidity is not a forever behavior! Their eyes don dey clear! Na stage after stage! Brain resetting had taken place!
Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by tnerro1(m): 8:20am On May 18, 2022
Good move, abokii must learn by fire by force
Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by Reptyle(m): 8:27am On May 18, 2022
Warlord12:

https://punchng.com/abductees-families-vow-to-stop-abuja-kaduna-train-resumption/

I empathize with the families...but the reality is that operations have to resume.

Government has an obligation to continue to operate those trains because it is still relatively safer than going by road. Just yesterday, there was another attack on travelers between Abuja and Kaduna and many were allegedly kidnapped. There are so many more attacks on-road travelers. Do we also ask for Government to close down the roads?

The resumption of train services on the route does not in any way impact the drive to rescue the victims of the train attack. Both can go hand in hand. The families can continue to put pressure on the government to get the victims out of captivity as soon as possible.

The resumption of services is a psychological victory against the terrorists whose aim is to attack our collective sensibilities and cripple our economic growth. I hope that the NRC will upgrade their security architecture before they resume to prevent a recurrence.

1 Like

Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:28am On May 18, 2022
This is as the Managing Director, Nigeria Railway Corporation, Fidet Okhiria, said the corporation was under pressure from Nigerians to resume operation along that axis.
Or under pressure from kidnappers to kidnap more embarassed
Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by Reptyle(m): 8:39am On May 18, 2022
Yadid:
Shame on this government. These people have been kidnapped since March, yet no rescue attempt or anything. Two months and counting and all they could come up with is resumption of operations. SMH.

Speaking of rescue attempts, there are very limited options. It is either government locates the terrorist camp and goes scorched-earth on them, launching bombs from the air, or gets a commando force to launch a clinical attack on the camp. Both options are high risk as the victims could be significantly impacted by the operations.

The only other option is to pay out a ransom for the victims...an option that will only further embolden the terrorists to launch more strikes and take more victims. I am not sure any government will want to do that.

Except by some divine intervention, I am afraid the victims and their families are in for a dire and very long ride on this matter.
Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by Angeltjazz2017(m): 8:42am On May 18, 2022
autodevice:
Nice moves. It's like dancing at ones grave

You get it
Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by churro: 8:45am On May 18, 2022
What Nonsense! Even a father has not seen his new born baby and you talk of resuming?
Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by BigYash: 8:45am On May 18, 2022
TOPCRUISE:

Or under pressure from kidnappers to kidnap more
I like the way you dey reason. This your comment is the truth. They are actually scared,because they know bandits will attack again,if they resume. FG(Abokis) is just seeing all Nigerians as fools,same way they see the real fools ,the zombies..
Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by slowice(m): 8:49am On May 18, 2022
They should tell Nigerians what exactly they have done differently to ensure such terrible incidence does not repeat.

And what about those who where kidnapped? Oh, they ve been left to their fate as usual... Vibes and insha Allah government
Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by Yadid(m): 9:05am On May 18, 2022
Reptyle:

Speaking of rescue attempts, there are very limited options. It is either government locates the terrorist camp and goes scorched-earth on them, launching bombs from the air, or gets a commando force to launch a clinical attack on the camp. Both options are high risk as the victims could be significantly impacted by the operations.

The only other option is to pay out a ransom for the victims...an option that will only further embolden the terrorists to launch more strikes and take more victims. I am not sure any government will want to do that.

Except by some divine intervention, I am afraid the victims and their families are in for a dire and very long ride on this matter.

Your observations are very correct. Prevention is yet better than cure then. I am not sure preventive measures are in place to forestall future occurrences of such. My prayers are with the victims.
Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by Mavixisu(m): 9:27am On May 18, 2022
Na Wike fit rule this nation well. He is the only man with balls to pressure the pressurable in this country. We don't need bananas and waterleaf in that Aso Villa
Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by Nobody: 9:30am On May 18, 2022
Poor families, nobody cares about their loved ones, they have become bandit fodder, their women bandit sex slaves.
Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by GreatrAnalyst: 10:15am On May 18, 2022
Isn't it a shame? 2 months have passed and more? Guess it is because no senator or a bigwig politician is still in the coven of those devils called kidnappers
Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by Okobola146: 10:49am On May 18, 2022
lookingfly:
weather you like it or not the rail is relatively safer than the roads.....it's not fair resuming train service when people have been abducted.
that's in other parts of the world, it's no longer safe to board train in the north, don't argue on it, terrorists have taken over, enter train in the north at your own risk
Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by Dickjo(m): 11:03am On May 18, 2022
BigYash:
I like the way you dey reason. This your comment is the truth. They are actually scared,because they know bandits will attack again,if they resume. FG(Abokis) is just seeing all Nigerians as fools,same way they see the real fools ,the zombies..

bro so was the deal with yor big yansh sir...am i in or out sir? (,no oofenese) angry
Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by lookingfly: 3:32pm On May 18, 2022
Okobola146:
that's in other parts of the world, it's no longer safe to board train in the north, don't argue on it, terrorists have taken over, enter train in the north at your own risk
did you even see where i said train is relatively safer than road?
Re: Abductees’ Families Vow To Stop Abuja-Kaduna Train Resumption by Okobola146: 5:25pm On May 18, 2022
lookingfly:
did you even see where i said train is relatively safer than road?
stop it, don’t do ojoro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu: Red Line Rail Project Is Set For Commissioning / Nigeria & Russia Commence Nuclear Power Generation Programme / The State That Gave Atiku Victory & The Winning Margins Over Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.