Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum (1750 Views)

IPOB Replies Northern Groups On Killings: Don’t Start Fight That Won’t End / IPOB Does Not Speak For Igbos – Ohanaeze Replies Northern Groups / Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum: 'You Are A General Without Troops' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by November1857(m): 6:42am On May 18, 2022
Your secession comment arrogant, presidency replies Northern Elders Forum

The presidency, on Tuesday, slammed the Northern Elders Forum for what it called “delusional arrogance” over its call for some sections of the country to secede.

According to a statement signed by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, the presidency insisted that only democratically elected leaders can take decisions that steer the nation, and no one else.

The statement was titled “Statement on the call by ‘Northern Elders Forum’ asking a section of the country to leave the federation.”

It read in part, “We are aware of the latest statement from the so-called ‘Northern Elders Forum.’

“We wish to reassure Nigerians that it remains their democratically elected leadership which takes the decisions that steer our nation–and no one else.

“No self-appointed and unelected group can take this right from Nigerians – no matter how much coverage they might enjoy in the media. Nigerians listen to elected leaders, not opinionated tin-gods who have no traction with any responsible group.

“It is a delusional arrogance that would lead such a group to publicly state terms and conditions for the existence of our nation.

Who gave them the right to ask for the exclusion, or expulsion of any one, group or section of the country from the Federal Republic of Nigeria?”

The presidency noted that the Nigerian government does not take guidance or invitations from such groups–only from the Nigerian people who put governments in office.

It said while any group can refer to itself as “leaders”, the government will not recognise it as such “if you have not been elected by Nigerians to a leadership role.”

The statement further noted that like many other countries around the world, Nigeria is feeling the strain of the current period of volatility and uncertainty.

Therefore, “Now is not the time to seek to exacerbate divisions amongst Nigerians. Rather, we call on all Nigerians to come together and work to overcome the challenges we face as one nation, one people.”

https://punchng.com/your-secession-comment-arrogant-presidency-replies-northern-elders-forum/

Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by Successionist(m): 6:45am On May 18, 2022
Nigeria should allow Igbo to leave.... Unity Isn't by force.

13 Likes

Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by Oshodipikin: 6:46am On May 18, 2022
Dangote trailer drivers are bad boys... They can pass through any two people without apology.....

FG don de get liver against their enablers...

1 Like

Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by Imortal001: 6:46am On May 18, 2022
Ok
Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by Dreamhighnow(m): 6:49am On May 18, 2022
Thrash as always

You don’t want them to LEAD and yet you don’t want them to LEAVE

6 Likes

Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by Zonefree(m): 6:52am On May 18, 2022
yomahalp:
Everyone is scared at this point
No, only the unity beggars are scared.

4 Likes

Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by Mooh247: 6:53am On May 18, 2022
cool

Politicians are the Problem

Ibos want to go, Hausas want Ibos to go why not just enact a law on peaceful referendum and seccession

NorthEast and SouthEast contribute least to National purse yet gives us the most problem, from Unknown gunmen to Boko haram

*Non oil GDP NE and SE are the lowest
*Access to Atlantic Ocean and Sea NE and SE are landlocked
*Internally Generated Revenue NE and SE makes the lowest of the low
*Human Development Indexes North East and SouthEast have terrible statistics worst in North and South

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by Oloki: 6:55am On May 18, 2022
November1857:

The presidency, on Tuesday, slammed the Northern Elders Forum for what it called “delusional arrogance” over its call for some sections of the country to secede.

According to a statement signed by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, the presidency insisted that only democratically elected leaders can take decisions that steer the nation, and no one else.

The statement was titled “Statement on the call by ‘Northern Elders Forum’ asking a section of the country to leave the federation.”

It read in part, “We are aware of the latest statement from the so-called ‘Northern Elders Forum.’

“We wish to reassure Nigerians that it remains their democratically elected leadership which takes the decisions that steer our nation–and no one else.

“No self-appointed and unelected group can take this right from Nigerians – no matter how much coverage they might enjoy in the media. Nigerians listen to elected leaders, not opinionated tin-gods who have no traction with any responsible group.

“It is a delusional arrogance that would lead such a group to publicly state terms and conditions for the existence of our nation.

Who gave them the right to ask for the exclusion, or expulsion of any one, group or section of the country from the Federal Republic of Nigeria?”

The presidency noted that the Nigerian government does not take guidance or invitations from such groups–only from the Nigerian people who put governments in office.

It said while any group can refer to itself as “leaders”, the government will not recognise it as such “if you have not been elected by Nigerians to a leadership role.”

The statement further noted that like many other countries around the world, Nigeria is feeling the strain of the current period of volatility and uncertainty.

Therefore, “Now is not the time to seek to exacerbate divisions amongst Nigerians. Rather, we call on all Nigerians to come together and work to overcome the challenges we face as one nation, one people.”

https://punchng.com/your-secession-comment-arrogant-presidency-replies-northern-elders-forum/

The tone of the article sounds like Adesina's

1 Like

Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by nazicartel(m): 6:55am On May 18, 2022
They should just separate this country. It's due already.... Even if it's just southern and Northern Nigeria... They should do something so the southern president can wipe this ipob abi unknown government within a month
Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by Oplomo: 6:58am On May 18, 2022
Oshodipikin:
Dangote trailer drivers are bad boys... They can pass through any two people without apology.....

FG don de get liver against their enablers...

Stop being easily decived. I bet you are yoruba, you hardly see farther than your nose.

1 Like

Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by Successionist(m): 6:59am On May 18, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Ibos want to go, Hausas want Ibos to go why not just enact a law on peaceful referendum and seccession

NorthEast and SouthEast contribute least to National purse yet gives us the most problem, from Unknown gunmen to Boko haram

Afonja Take your fake figure elsewhere..... Lagos is not among oil producing state..

4 Likes

Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by magnetic20: 7:00am On May 18, 2022
Its just a matter of time. The country is already on the edge of precipice.
Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by Mooh247: 7:01am On May 18, 2022
Successionist:
Afonja Take your fake figure elsewhere..... Lagos is not among oil producing state..

It's too early for nonsense abeg don't qoute me with your Afonja vs Yamree nonsense

1 Like

Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by Successionist(m): 7:02am On May 18, 2022
Mooh247:

It's too early for nonsense abeg don't qoute me with your Afonja vs Yamree nonsense
Enjoy your lion share or perhaps contribution alone for all we care, Igbo want to leave...

4 Likes

Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by DMerciful(m): 7:02am On May 18, 2022
You're saying it as if you're telling them the disadvantage not to go grin

Be happy about your enemies leaving na grin
Mooh247:
cool

*Human Development Indexes North East and SouthEast have terrible statistics worst in North and South

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:04am On May 18, 2022
Its not arrogant,its the best statement to nigerians from the north..i wonder why the dss have not arrested anyone from the elders forum!
Divide this country peacefully, if not the years after 2023 maybe bloody!

1 Like

Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by Mooh247: 7:05am On May 18, 2022
Successionist:

Why did you retract your own figure

You also showed 9 oil producing state with Lagos so why are you disturbing gan gann

Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by Shevchenkko: 7:06am On May 18, 2022
Divide this shithole asap

1 Like

Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by Mooh247: 7:07am On May 18, 2022
DMerciful:
You're saying it as if you're telling them the disadvantage not to go grin

Be happy about your enemies leaving na grin

Ok how should we help you Biafrans and ISWAP Kanuri Republic to advertise seccession ?!

Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by TooNoisy(f): 7:07am On May 18, 2022
I strongly believe the next president with be from the South. One of his top priorities MUST be restructuring. I know Southern candidates cannot publicly say that now, or else they will never win, but once the get in, restructuring has to be a priority.

The North contributes about 15% to the GDP and about 5% to government revenues and yet they continue to dictate to everyone else. Like how does the South even allow this? The South owns the resources, has the economic intellect, dominates the private sector, but the North controls the allocation of resources and threatens everyone else.

Enough is enough!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by Idiko1: 7:11am On May 18, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

The last time I checked though, Japan does not have single crude oil well. Southeast says take your crude oil and shove it.
Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by DMerciful(m): 7:12am On May 18, 2022
You said they should leave and in the same breadth telling them the disadvantage of leaving. I just want to know where you stand, thats all. People that gives me problems,
anytime they're leaving, i support them because there'd be peace after they've gone. If the North tells me today they wanna leave, we can even pay them to leave.
Mooh247:

Ok how should we help you Biafrans and ISWAP Kanuri Republic to advertise seccession ?!

3 Likes

Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by Idiko1: 7:16am On May 18, 2022
November1857:

This is a typical reply from goons who have turned Nigeria into their garden. Government of Nigeria is not good at anything except the siphon of money and commonwealth from the treasury of the country.
Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by Successionist(m): 7:16am On May 18, 2022
Mooh247:

Why did you retract your own figure

You also showed 9 oil producing state with Lagos so why are you disturbing gan gann
Even at that, crude oil will become obsolete by 2030 in international market.

Gas is the future of which SE ,Imo state to be precise has one of the largest deposit in the world...

1 Like

Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by Mooh247: 7:16am On May 18, 2022
Idiko1:

The last time I checked though, Japan does not have single crude oil well. Southeast says take your crude oil and shove it.

And Arewa youths issued them quite notice to get the fvck Outta their states yet SouthEast elders keep begging while you Politicians never raise referendum motion

What other motivation do you need to go?! In Sokoto your traders got attacked for something that doesn't even concern you, Sabongari Kano you saw what happened

Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by Mooh247: 7:17am On May 18, 2022
Successionist:
Even at that, crude oil will become obsolete by 2030 in international market.

Gas is the future of which SE ,Imo state to be precise has one the highest deposit in the world...

We are talking resources you are talking about potential resources

For your information every part of Nigeria has gas in abundance, go check Nigeria gas master plan
Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by Mooh247: 7:19am On May 18, 2022
DMerciful:
You said they should leave and in the same breadth telling them the disadvantage of leaving. I just want to know where you stand, thats all. People that gives me problems,
anytime they're leaving, i support them because there'd be peace after they've gone. If the North tells me today they wanna leave, we can even pay them to leave.

I guess you didn't get the Quite Notice Memo issued in 2017

Well my stance is Unity is not by force you want to go then you deserve to go
Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by Idiko1: 7:21am On May 18, 2022
DMerciful:

Bro the dude you replied with above post spoke foolishly like a typical Nigerian. It seems the dingbat did not know the disadvantage of leaving before telling them to leave. The same stream of thought harbored by the goons who led Nigerian government.

3 Likes

Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by Idiko1: 7:25am On May 18, 2022
Mooh247:

And Arewa youths issued them quite notice to get the fvck Outta their states yet SouthEast elders keep begging while you Politicians never raise referendum motion

What other motivation do you need to go?! In Sokoto your traders got attacked for something that doesn't even concern you, Sabongari Kano you saw what happened

You vomit like a child. The above statements are so infantile which could necessitate the mounting of sobriety checkpoint to nairaland. I guess you seemed to refer to Nigeria.
Re: Your Secession Comment Arrogant, Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum by Mooh247: 7:28am On May 18, 2022
Idiko1:

You vomit like a child. The above statements are so infantile which could necessitate the mounting of sobriety checkpoint to nairaland. I guess you seemed to refer to Nigeria.

Spare me your rant, am not interested

(1) (2) (Reply)

Makurdi One Million Man March For Peter Obi / Data Shows Lagos Is Not Africa’s Third-biggest Economy, As Claimed By Shettima / "I Traced The IRS That Prosecuted Tinubu For Laundering Drug Money" -Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.