Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,027 members, 7,838,577 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Here Is Why I'm Accelerating Operation JAPA - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Here Is Why I'm Accelerating Operation JAPA (460 Views)

Japa: Top 5 Lucrative Side Hustles For Nigerians To Survive In UK, Canada / Is Japa Worth It? / Jumia Sacks 900 Workers To Reduce Cost Of Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Is Why I'm Accelerating Operation JAPA by BetterLifejapa: 3:52pm On May 18, 2022
The rate of inflation in Nigeria just reached an 8 month high and will only increase. This means that prices of basic necessities will go up and the Naira will have less and less value over time.

I find it very funny that in a country with N30,000 as minimum wage, homes are so expensive. It really is crazy.

In the coming years, 6 million may not be enough to secure a good life for yourself outside of here but by that time, I would've settled down in Canada because I can't take it anymore.

Are you aware that N1,000 is not up to $3?

If you're wondering how to leave Nigeria and everything in between, go to my page: betterlifewithEmem on Facebook.

Till then, I'm rooting for you!

2 Likes

Re: Here Is Why I'm Accelerating Operation JAPA by Klass99(f): 4:22pm On May 18, 2022
cool
Re: Here Is Why I'm Accelerating Operation JAPA by BetterLifejapa: 4:28pm On May 18, 2022
Inflation all over the world is quite different from inflation in Nigeria. In case you are not aware, 40% of Nigerians are living in poverty. In sane climes, the government do their best to ensure it's citizens will be okay, inflation or not.

The people abroad will tell you that things aren't easy but they have good healthcare, their kids are in school, they have electricity 24/7, they are safe.

My dear, there is things are hard, and there is Nigeria.
Know this and know peace.

Klass99:
Lol grin.

Fellow Nigerians before you japa please take the time to watch the Youtube video of Wode Maya & Juliet. It is just 12 minutes long, but if it's too long for you, go straight to the comments section and diligently read comments from Africans in the diaspora, including the ones from some white folks.

There is a more recent and follow up video on Juliet, I recommend you watch it as well, to see what she achieved in 3 years of moving to Africa from the UK. In her own words, she achieved a feat she was unable to 16 years in the UK.

Please watch these videos with an open mind and let them guide you in your japa quest or at least help you to make an informed decision. Inflation is high globally right now, it is not a Naija thing alone. Nigerians I converse with overseas have said it is the same in their country of residence.

3 Likes

Re: Here Is Why I'm Accelerating Operation JAPA by suffering: 4:37pm On May 18, 2022
If NEPA can give 24/7 electricity, I will not go. Since that isn’t the case na to comot sometime in the next six years.
Re: Here Is Why I'm Accelerating Operation JAPA by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:42pm On May 18, 2022
Klass99:
Lol grin.

Fellow Nigerians before you japa please take the time to watch the Youtube video of Wode Maya & Juliet below. It is just 12 minutes long, but if it's too long for you, go to the comments section and diligently read comments from Africans in the diaspora, including the ones from some white folks.

There is a more recent, follow up video on Juliet. I recommend you watch it as well, to see what she achieved in 3 years of moving to Africa from the UK. In her own words, she achieved a feat she was unable to,16 years in the UK.

Please watch these videos with an open mind and let them guide you in your japa quest or at least help you make an informed decision. Inflation is high globally right now, it is not a Naija thing alone. Nigerians I converse with overseas have said it is the same in their country of residence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwpoQRPh2dU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMyqxznj584

You really believe the shit that comes out from wode mayas mouth. He even from Ghana and things aren't funny over there. I schooled in Ghana and graduated 5 years ago and I can pretty much count the number of my mates who are employed. Inflation there is even worst than here.

1 Like

Re: Here Is Why I'm Accelerating Operation JAPA by Klass99(f): 4:47pm On May 18, 2022
smiley

1 Like

Re: Here Is Why I'm Accelerating Operation JAPA by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:55pm On May 18, 2022
Klass99:

Your body too dey scratch you and I already know your views on Naija na, but forget Wode Maya for a minute and listen to Juliet in the first video, then read the comments below that video. Just try for 5 minutes and let me know what you think.

I won't trust me. Africans abroad lie a lot. I have been to Italy. Na me foolishly come back to Nigeria. I would say with regards to living abroad it's better to experience it for oneself and not through what others say or others experience because with Africans it's a lie. If abroad is as horrible and as bad as it is, why haven't they all migrated back home. Even dasparrow that is always discouraging others from going abroad why hasn't she come back to Nigeria. it's always I plan to go back. I plan to go back. Why haven't they gone back? One comment said that Africans abroad are existing and those at home are living. So Nigerians in Nigeria are living lol grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Here Is Why I'm Accelerating Operation JAPA by PetroDolla2020: 5:05pm On May 18, 2022
At least people in Ghana can sleep with their two eyes closed at night. Kidnappers are not ruling in Ghana ooh. How many hours of electricity do you get in Nigeria? A so-called oil and gas-rich country?

Ghana is not the poverty capital of the world. Do you even know the unemployment rates for Ghana and Nigeria? Inflation in Ghana was lower than Nigeria. It just went up. Let’s wait to see where your inflation will reach when petrol subsidy is removed in Nigeria.

I don’t blame you sha. Most Nigerians just hate Ghana and Ghanaians. I don’t even know why.

tensazangetsu20:

You really believe the shit that comes out from wode mayas mouth. He even from Ghana and things aren't funny over there. I schooled in Ghana and graduated 5 years ago and I can pretty much count the number of my mates who are employed. Inflation there is even worst than here.

1 Like

Re: Here Is Why I'm Accelerating Operation JAPA by JoyousFurnitire(m): 5:07pm On May 18, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

If abroad is as horrible and as bad as it is, why haven't they all migrated back home. Even dasparrow that is always discouraging others from going abroad why hasn't she come back to Nigeria. it's always I plan to go back. I plan to go back. Why haven't they gone back?
I wonder o undecided
Re: Here Is Why I'm Accelerating Operation JAPA by Klass99(f): 5:24pm On May 18, 2022
cool

1 Like

Re: Here Is Why I'm Accelerating Operation JAPA by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:31pm On May 18, 2022
Klass99:

You just like trouble sha. @ your very last sentence, are you not a Nigerian living in Naija? Are you doing badly?

Back to Juliet's video and the commenters, all of them cannot be lying about life in the diaspora na. Na money dey yab most of them that's why they haven't moved back yet.

I shared what I came across to serve as a guide, I am not on a mission to discourage japarians at all. Experience like we say is the best teacher.

I am not doing badly in Nigeria and it's just cause of my profession. I know how my life was before I found myself where I was and trust me it wasn't funny at all.

1 Like

Re: Here Is Why I'm Accelerating Operation JAPA by Klass99(f): 5:31pm On May 18, 2022
cool

1 Like

Re: Here Is Why I'm Accelerating Operation JAPA by PetroDolla2020: 8:11pm On May 18, 2022
Thank you, jare. You sound like a sweet Nigerian angel, but most of your folks are just a put-off. I have a Nigerian babe here in Accra and she’s always acting strange grin

They don’t sound smart at all. I mean how do you use the views of an individual to judge a whole country?

I’m a Ghanaian but I don’t even watch any content posted by Wode Maya because I am far above his level. Because of social media everyone can create content. It doesn’t mean every content is relevant or even deserves anyone’s attention.

I don’t know what Wode said or didn’t say, because I don’t follow his content. But it is even more fooolish for anyone to use what he said to denigrate a whole country. That is my point, huh?

Klass99:

I like Ghanaians o! My favourite school teachers were Ghanaians and I still think of them fondly.

One of my besties moved from Lagos to Ghana to continue a legit business she started in Nigeria and so far, so good.

I am grateful for Wode Maya as well, for putting out the sort of educating content I stumbled on.

Pls let's not turn the thread into a hateful warfare. One Nigerian's opinion does not represent or reflect the mindset of all of us.

(1) (Reply)

4 Ways To Move From Being Broke To Being Rich / Graphic Design As A Pro With Just Smartphone / 7 Fully Funded Scholarships In Canada For International Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.