Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible (1036 Views)

10 Fallacies Theist and deist Use To Defend The Existence Of God/gods / Demystifying The Confusion - God, Gods God And Creator / If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by AntiChristian: 5:43pm On May 18, 2022
The concept of God/god (Elohim) in the Bible is deceptive and can easily be translated as one wishes.

Son of God
In the Bible we see that Moses was God for Pharaoh, Satan is the God of the world, Sons of God came to sleep with humans, God fought Jacob and lost, Jesus is the son of God, Even you are Gods. Most of these Gods are from "Elohim" in Hebrew. Elohim which can be translated as "gods" can be used in the singular sense for God, for god, Angels, Superhuman, and for people of authority such as a Judge or ruler.

Elohim as God aka Yahweh
Take note that in Gen 1:1 In the Beginning God (Elohim) created the heaven and earth.

Used as gods
Now I know that the LORD (Yahweh) is greater than all other gods (Elohim), for he did this to those who had treated Israel arrogantly.” Exo 18:11

“Whoever sacrifices to any god (Elohim) other than the LORD (Yahweh) must be destroyed. Exo 22:20

As an Angel (Cos i don't think Jacob can fight God.)
“Your name will no longer be Jacob,” the man told him. “From now on you will be called Israel, because you have fought with God and with men and have won.” Gen 32:28

Humans are God (Elohim)
Then the LORD (Yahweh) said to Moses, “See, I have made you like God (Elohim) to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet. Exo 7:1

“I said, ‘You are “gods" (Elohim); you are all sons of the Most High.’ Psalm 82:6

But check the Arabic Bible and the Hausa Bible.....You'll see the hypocrite translators do their thing! Remember how wine became grape juice in the Hause Bible to appeal to the wine hating Hausa?
Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 18, 2022
It is the religion of hypocrites,full of back and forth.
The Novel,called holly book of theirs goes against itself.

2 Likes

Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by Maynman: 6:59pm On May 18, 2022
Elohim and Allah mean same thing literally.
Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by AntiChristian: 5:37am On May 19, 2022
Maynman:

The original post highlighted this. Elohim can be used to represent God, Satan, man, Angel, etc.

Allah can't be used in this way.
Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by JUMO95: 6:06am On May 19, 2022
Maynman:
allah and Elohim, the Israelite God, are not the same. Their modus operandi is different. Their manifestation are also not the same.
There is a clear difference between black and white. Whhat kind of god tells you to marry an under-age

2 Likes

Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by cornelboy(f): 6:49am On May 19, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

You an athiest?
Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by Maynman: 6:53am On May 19, 2022
AntiChristian:

The original post highlighted this. Elohim can be used to represent God, Satan, man, Angel, etc.

The original post lied.

Allah and Elohim mean same thing.
Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by Maynman: 6:54am On May 19, 2022
JUMO95:
allah and Elohim, the Israelite God, are not the same. Their modus operandi is different. Their manifestation are also not the same.
There is a clear difference between black and white. Whhat kind of god tells you to marry an under-age

The Israelite god is Yahweh it was given to him as inheritance by his father, Elohim.

Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by peggywebbs(f): 6:57am On May 19, 2022
Anti-christian what's your point. Allah is just Arabic for God. So do you expect to have more than one Arabic translation? Anyway for you to know God has many names, every tribe and culture have a name for God. The Eli, Elohim are Hebrew versions for God, one is singular, while the other is plural.

The Allah of Islam may be the same as God, but a misrepresented version of the eternal God. Anyway just serve your God your way and stop wasting time picking on other religions. Why don't you tackle Hinduism, and others. There are over 1500 religions in the world but every day your issue is with the Christian Bible.

1 Like

Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by cornelboy(f): 7:04am On May 19, 2022
AntiChristian:
The concept of God/god (Elohim) in the Bible is deceptive and can easily be translated as one wishes.

Son of God
In the Bible we see that Moses was God for Pharaoh, Satan is the God of the world, Sons of God came to sleep with humans, God fought Jacob and lost, Jesus is the son of God, Even you are Gods. Most of these Gods are from "Elohim" in Hebrew. Elohim which can be translated as "gods" can be used in the singular sense for God, for god, Angels, Superhuman, and for people of authority such as a Judge or ruler.

Elohim as God aka Yahweh
Take note that in Gen 1:1 In the Beginning God (Elohim) created the heaven and earth.

Used as gods
Now I know that the LORD (Yahweh) is greater than all other gods (Elohim), for he did this to those who had treated Israel arrogantly.” Exo 18:11

“Whoever sacrifices to any god (Elohim) other than the LORD (Yahweh) must be destroyed. Exo 22:20

As an Angel (Cos i don't think Jacob can fight God.)
“Your name will no longer be Jacob,” the man told him. “From now on you will be called Israel, because you have fought with God and with men and have won.” Gen 32:28

Humans are God (Elohim)
Then the LORD (Yahweh) said to Moses, “See, I have made you like God (Elohim) to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet. Exo 7:1

“I said, ‘You are “gods" (Elohim); you are all sons of the Most High.’ Psalm 82:6

But check the Arabic Bible and the Hausa Bible.....You'll see the hypocrite translators do their thing! Remember how wine became grape juice in the Hause Bible to appeal to the wine hating Hausa?

You seem to be interested in the Bible more than the Koran.

Elohim which is plural for El is used for Yahweh qualitatively. E.g Jehovah is the almighty God (Elohim). It shows quality.
It's also used to refer to more than one god (gods) quantitatively. E.g Baal and dagon are gods (Elohim). Shows that they are more than one god.

In Hebrew, a tree could be called "one trees", it means the tree has quality than other trees.

1 Like

Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by ANTIlSLAM(m): 7:10am On May 19, 2022
AntiChristian:

Taqqiya master, you don start again, who tell u say allah can't be used to represent whatever?

Your Islamic god allah is an idol that had been worshipped at the Ka'aba in Mecca by Arab pagans before Muhammad came.

This is what you know, stop lying here bobo yii
Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:12am On May 19, 2022
cornelboy:

Elohim which is plural for El is used for Yahweh qualitatively. E.g Jehovah is the almighty God (Elohim). It shows quality.
It's also used to refer to more than one god (gods) quantitatively. E.g Baal and dagon are gods (Elohim). Shows that they are more than one god.

In Hebrew, a tree could be called "one trees", it means the tree has quality than other trees.

Ṣàngó is known among it's worshipers as the God of thunder.
Ògún is known among it's worshipers as the God of Iron.
JEHOVAH is known among His ancient servants as El-Shaddai (God the Almighty) Exodus 6:2-3 compare to Psalms 83:18

2 Likes

Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by AntiChristian: 8:26am On May 19, 2022
ANTIlSLAM:

Taqqiya master, you don start again, who tell u say allah can't be used to represent whatever?

Your Islamic god allah is an idol that had been worshipped at the Ka'aba in Mecca by Arab pagans before Muhammad came.

This is what you know, stop lying here bobo yii

I have brought my proves in the OP where Elohim was used for God, Satan, Angel and Man!

Bring yours where Allah is used for an idol in the Qur'an or Sunnah!
Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by AntiChristian: 8:28am On May 19, 2022
cornelboy:

How is this your Biz?

So why was the Angel (that fought Jacob and lost ) and Moses called Elohim?

This is one of the flaw in the Bible.

We don't join gods with Allah in anything! It is wrong!
Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by AntiChristian: 8:30am On May 19, 2022
Maynman:

The original post lied.

Allah and Elohim mean same thing.

Alright! Take care!

1 Like

Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by Maynman: 8:40am On May 19, 2022
AntiChristian:

Alright! Take care!

I wish you will research your religion as you are Christianity, you’ll be shocked!
Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by ANTIlSLAM(m): 9:00am On May 19, 2022
AntiChristian:

I have brought my proves in the OP where Elohim was used for God, Satan, Angel and Man!

Bring yours where Allah is used for an idol in the Qur'an or Sunnah!

Hubal (Arabic: هُبَل‎) was a god worshipped in pre-Islamic Arabia, notably by Quraysh at the Kaaba in Mecca. Muhammad's Allah is actually Hubal, i.e. the Baal of the Moabites.

The daughters of Hubal i.e. Allat, al-ʿUzza and Manat, the three female goddess of pre-Islamic Arabia, are mentioned in the Qur'an.

Quran 53:19-20

Do you -Meccans- see the idols Al Lat and Al 'Uzza you honour and revere and regard with extreme respect and devotion

and another idol (Manat of the pagan Arabs), the other 3rd (as the daughters of Allah)

Hubal was originally the proper name of Allah in Makkah... Allah was always a proper name in the Arabic sources and not a common noun, Allah was the title used within each tribe in Pre-islamic Arabia to address tribal deity instead of its proper name and that Allah became the Islamic substitute for the name of any idol.

Hubal's known presence in the Kaʿbah, there is no polemic in the Qur'an against him. In other words, while the Qur'an railed against Allat, Manat, and al-ʿUzza, whom the pagan Arabs referred to as the "daughters of Allah", it stopped short of attacking the cult of Hubal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by AntiChristian: 9:58am On May 19, 2022
ANTIlSLAM:

Hubal (Arabic: هُبَل‎) was a god worshipped in pre-Islamic Arabia, notably by Quraysh at the Kaaba in Mecca. Muhammad's Allah is actually Hubal, i.e. the Baal of the Moabites.

The daughters of Hubal i.e. Allat, al-ʿUzza and Manat, the three female goddess of pre-Islamic Arabia, are mentioned in the Qur'an.

Do you -Meccans- see the idols Al Lat and Al 'Uzza you honour and revere and regard with extreme respect and devotion

and another idol (Manat of the pagan Arabs), the other 3rd (as the daughters of Allah)

Hubal was originally the proper name of Allah in Makkah... Allah was always a proper name in the Arabic sources and not a common noun, Allah was the title used within each tribe in Pre-islamic Arabia to address tribal deity instead of its proper name and that Allah became the Islamic substitute for the name of any idol.

Hubal's known presence in the Kaʿbah, there is no polemic in the Qur'an against him. In other words, while the Qur'an railed against Allat, Manat, and al-ʿUzza, whom the pagan Arabs referred to as the "daughters of Allah", it stopped short of attacking the cult of Hubal.

Where did Allah use those names for Himself in the narration you quoted? Bring the verses or hadiths wherein Allah was worshiped or call by those names!

Everyone can see you are just chasing straws!
Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by Maynman: 10:03am On May 19, 2022
AntiChristian:

Where did Allah use those names for Himself in the narration you quoted? Bring the verses or hadiths wherein Allah was worshiped or call by those names!

Read what he wrote slowly.
“ Hubal (Arabic: هُبَل‎) was a god worshipped in PRE-ISLAMIC Arabia, notably by Quraysh at the Kaaba in Mecca. Muhammad's Allah is actually Hubal, i.e. the Baal of the Moabites.”
Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by AntiChristian: 10:13am On May 19, 2022
Maynman:

I wish you will research your religion as you are Christianity, you’ll be shocked!

I have and it pleases my mind!
Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by AntiChristian: 10:14am On May 19, 2022
Maynman:

“ Hubal (Arabic: هُبَل‎) was a god worshipped in PRE-ISLAMIC Arabia, notably by Quraysh at the Kaaba in Mecca. Muhammad's Allah is actually Hubal, i.e. the Baal of the Moabites.”

Which Qur'an verse or hadith is that?

Your Bible uses Elohim for God, god, satan, Angel, etc.
Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by Maynman: 10:29am On May 19, 2022
AntiChristian:

You don’t know what PRE ISLAMIC IS?

Allah and Elohim mean same thing, are they both not worshipping Abrahamaic gods?

1 Like

Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by Maynman: 10:29am On May 19, 2022
AntiChristian:

I have and it pleases my mind!

No you haven’t. The illusion pleases your mind.
Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by ANTIlSLAM(m): 10:53am On May 19, 2022
AntiChristian:

Good question you asked!

Now answer this:

1. Who is the author of Quran

2. Why does the author of Qur'an associate himself with those goddesses thereby calling them as his daughters

2 Likes

Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by AllahIsGarbage: 12:58pm On May 19, 2022
What about the book of lies written by prophet Sex Award Winner (SAW) which was inspired by the Bible? And what do you have to say about prophet Sex Award Winner (SAW) who liked peeping at the naked body of his daughter in law?

Khaleepha5681:

Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by AllahIsGarbage: 1:19pm On May 19, 2022
If you are not a born liar and son of Satan just like prophet Sex Award Winner (SAW), show us where the Bible used the word Elohim to refer to Satan.

And while you're at it, explain to us how Satan was able to control your "prophet" the way a master controls his dog grin

AntiChristian:

1 Like

Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by ANTIlSLAM(m): 8:53pm On May 19, 2022
Maynman:

AntiChristian do u hear? Read it slowly
Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by Nobody: 11:39pm On May 19, 2022
AllahIsGarbage:
What about the book of lies written by prophet Sex Award Winner (SAW) which was inspired by the Bible? And what do you have to say about prophet Sex Award Winner (SAW) who liked peeping at the naked body of his daughter in law?

Hhhh,and where do you leave the rapist Sky Demon?

He raped the virgin girl on earth from hell,which means his joystick tore his trousers and passed out from hell until it landed in the girl's...

When he impregnated her,he mercillessly sacrificed the bastard son of his in order to appease himself on the beat he collected from Jack guy.
Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by AllahIsGarbage: 11:47pm On May 19, 2022
You mean the same story that your god Satan We Trust (SWT) plagiarized? grin or did they not teach you that in koran school?

Have you fulfilled your quota of adultery which your god has preserved for you? I've been asking your brother AntiChristian this question and he has been avoiding me.

How much adultery has allah preserved for you?

Khaleepha5681:

Hhhh,and where do you leave the rapist Sky Demon?

He raped the virgin girl on earth from hell,which means his joystick tore his trousers and passed out from hell until it landed in the girl's...

When he impregnated her,he mercillessly sacrificed the bastard son of his in order to appease himself on the beat he collected from Jack guy.

Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by Nobody: 11:55pm On May 19, 2022
AllahIsGarbage:
You mean the same story that your god Satan We Trust (SWT) plagiarized? grin or did they not teach you that in koran school?

Have you fulfilled your quota of adultery which your god has preserved for you? I've been asking your brother AntiChristian this question and he has been avoiding me.

How much adultery has allah preserved for you?

allah or Allah?

1 Like

Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by AllahIsGarbage: 5:21am On May 20, 2022
It will always be allah Satan We Trust SWT

Khaleepha5681:

allah or Allah?
Re: The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible by AntiChristian: 10:04am On May 20, 2022
Maynman:

You don’t know what PRE ISLAMIC IS?

Allah and Elohim mean same thing, are they both not worshipping Abrahamaic gods?

Allah is not an Abrahamic god!

He is the God that created Adam and Even Noah that came before Abraham.

Allaah says of Nooh (Noah) (interpretation of the meaning):
“And recite to them the news of Nooh (Noah). When he said to his people: ‘O my people, if my stay (with you), and my reminding (you) of the Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allaah is hard on you, then I put my trust in Allaah. So devise your plot, you and your partners, and let not your plot be in doubt for you. Then pass your sentence on me and give me no respite.

‘But if you turn away (from accepting my doctrine of Islamic Monotheism, i.e. to worship none but Allaah), then no reward have I asked of you, my reward is only from Allaah, and I have been commanded to be of the Muslims (i.e. those who submit to Allaah’s Will)’”
[Yoonus 10:71-72]

(1) (2) (Reply)

14 Things That God Hates / Forum For C & S (cherubium And Seraphim) / Ako Letter To Abuzola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.