Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? (1155 Views)

YAF: Yoruba Group Rejects Calls For Nigeria’s Disintegration (Pictures) / Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns / Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by AlexBells(m): 10:20pm On May 18, 2022
DMerciful:
Europe was more war torn than us.
Europe is smaller than Nigeria of today, world war 1 era Eroupe is nearly same size with Nigeria even world war two Era however Nigeria is more diverse than Europe less than 60 countries in Europe in Nigeria there are at least a 100 countries merged together, they were formally existing independently, how can you peacefully fix such nonsense, Nigeria can divide but we need to sincerely understand what we are up against and expect blood bath on the long run
Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by AlexBells(m): 10:21pm On May 18, 2022
ObosiLandlord:
We Yorubas know where Yoruba land start and end

We will leave with all our territories if Nigeria is to divide.
You hereby declared Vawulence who told you that you know all your territories lol, you see that Ilorin ba na trap better live it
Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by ObosiLandlord(m): 10:22pm On May 18, 2022
AlexBells:

Nobody said they would take Ilorin, I said least they would fight and lose, who told you that you are richer than Fulanis, they did it when they had no cars how about in modern times, there are already ethnic Fulanis in Ilorin all it will take is arm them, Fulanis have several other states like Chad, Niger Central African Republic and then the ones in Nigeria, Arab Muslim connections would favour them, Yorubas in the other had have Togo, Benin, and some international connections so don't think it would be an easy ride for both sides
You are speaking like a kid. You need billions of dollars to wage a war.

Sokoto, Katsina, Zamfara, Kebbi, Northern Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa

This states are poor state, where will the Fulanis get the money to prosecute war in far away Yoruba land?

Going to war in Afghanistan is one of the reason the USSR went bankrupt.

You need billions to prosecute a war.

You are just arguing for arguing sake boy.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by ObosiLandlord(m): 10:23pm On May 18, 2022
AlexBells:

You hereby declared Vawulence who told you that you know all your territories lol, you see that Ilorin ba na trap better live it
How is Ilorin a trap? You are just arguing for arguing sake.
Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by ObosiLandlord(m): 10:23pm On May 18, 2022
AlexBells:

Europe is smaller than Nigeria of today, world war 1 era Eroupe is nearly same size with Nigeria even world war two Era however Nigeria is more diverse than Europe less than 60 countries in Europe in Nigeria there are at least a 100 countries merged together, they were formally existing independently, how can you peacefully fix such nonsense, Nigeria can divide but we need to sincerely understand what we are up against and expect blood bath on the long run
How is Europe sane size with Nigeria? Europe is far bigger than Nigeria

Like I said before, you are high on Mkpurumiri
Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by AlexBells(m): 10:25pm On May 18, 2022
ObosiLandlord:
How is Ilorin a trap? You are just arguing for arguing sake.
I'm not, Ilorin is a mutually shared city that predates even the map of Nigeria and we all know Fulanis have an agenda however there is an Emir of Ilorin and ethnic Fulanis there, you have as much right as they do, and no party had ever agreed to peaceful resolution since the days of Afonja
Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by AlexBells(m): 10:26pm On May 18, 2022
ObosiLandlord:
How is Europe sane size with Nigeria? Europe is far bigger than Nigeria

Like I said before, you are high on Mkpurumiri
I said world war Era Europe, go check the population of Europe in world 1 and 2 and realise how much of the population was lost
Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by ObosiLandlord(m): 10:29pm On May 18, 2022
AlexBells:

I'm not, Ilorin is a mutually shared city that predates even the map of Nigeria and we all know Fulanis have an agenda however there is an Emir of Ilorin and ethnic Fulanis there, you have as much right as they do, and no party had ever agreed to peaceful resolution since the days of Afonja
Ilorin is Yoruba land.

EOD.

Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:34pm On May 18, 2022
Yes...it happen in checkoslovokia, serbia, yugoslavia, pakistan and bangledash..
Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by AlexBells(m): 10:35pm On May 18, 2022
ObosiLandlord:
Ilorin is Yoruba land.

EOD.
Okay, I hope you are willing to fight for it and maybe if someone else is ready to fight for it then you arrive at a war lol, Nigeria just keeps everyone calm but once Nigeria is out of the picture maybe then everyone would truly fight for their independence
Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by ObosiLandlord(m): 10:43pm On May 18, 2022
AlexBells:

Okay, I hope you are willing to fight for it and maybe if someone else is ready to fight for it then you arrive at a war lol, Nigeria just keeps everyone calm but once Nigeria is out of the picture maybe then everyone would truly fight for their independence
Nah why I said the people of Ilorin will likely be the one to decide.

War cost a lot of money, going to war in Afghanistan is one of the major reason the USSR became bankrupt.

Fulanis do not share boarders with Yoruba land, they will have to cross Abuja and Niger State to get to Yoruba land. They won't go to a war they won't be wining.

The North West won't have the money to finance a war. People that are struggling in One Nigeria. If Nigeria divide, they will depend on the UN for survival.

The North West will be landlock, just like Ibo land.
Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by AlexBells(m): 10:51pm On May 18, 2022
ObosiLandlord:
Nah why I said the people of Ilorin will likely be the one to decide.

War cost a lot of money, going to war in Afghanistan is one of the major reason the USSR became bankrupt.

Fulanis do not share boarders with Yoruba land, they will have to cross Abuja and Niger State to get to Yoruba land. They won't go to a war they won't be wining.

The North West won't have the money to finance a war. People that are struggling in One Nigeria. If Nigeria divide, they will depend on the UN for survival.

The North West will be landlock, just like Ibo land.
I beg to disagree that the Fulanis don't have money to wage war, if Nigeria divides they would be getting at least 50% of Nigeria's weapons, they would have the Arewa Army with some trained personnel in trained in the united Nigeria currently, Ilorin is in the North and won't be outright in Western territory so you see in this case, Yorubas would be the aggressor if you are determined in Ilorin you saw what happened in Ukraine, Donbass is ethnic Russia just like you can argue about Ilorin but they are in Northern Nigeria.

If you enter Arewa territory which Ilorin woukd be part of as a part of greater Kwara not only are you the aggressor but also you are attacking an overwhelmingly armed North and I'm not saying that the Igbos for instance would support the North but I can guarantee that as far as they are not fighting us, they would have access to the sea through the Niger, only the Igbos can stop the North from accessing the River Niger and I don't think they would be our enemies after Nigeria, I'm just saying that things are not exactly as they sound in our minds
Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by ObosiLandlord(m): 11:07pm On May 18, 2022
AlexBells:

I beg to disagree that the Fulanis don't have money to wage war, if Nigeria divides they would be getting at least 50% of Nigeria's weapons, they would have the Arewa Army with some trained personnel in trained in the united Nigeria currently, Ilorin is in the North and won't be outright in Western territory so you see in this case, Yorubas would be the aggressor if you are determined in Ilorin you saw what happened in Ukraine, Donbass is ethnic Russia just like you can argue about Ilorin but they are in Northern Nigeria.

If you enter Arewa territory which Ilorin woukd be part of as a part of greater Kwara not only are you the aggressor but also you are attacking an overwhelmingly armed North and I'm not saying that the Igbos for instance would support the North but I can guarantee that as far as they are not fighting us, they would have access to the sea through the Niger, only the Igbos can stop the North from accessing the River Niger and I don't think they would be our enemies after Nigeria, I'm just saying that things are not exactly as they sound in our minds
Are you arguing just for arguing sake?

Are there no trained Yoruba men in the Nigerian army? I wander why you Yeebos over estimate the fulanis like this . Why will the Fulanis keep 50% of the weapons Nigeria money was use to purchase?

If Nigeria divide, weapons located on each territories won't leave the territories they are located. Maybe they can ask for the weapons in Igbo land to be exported to Sokoto, but weapons on Yoruba land won't leave Yoruba land. Weapons in Benin land won't leave Benin territoy, the ones in Kanuri territory won't leave Kanuri land, the ones in Efik territory won't leave Efik land etc

Like I have said before, the North West won't have the finance to wage a war, and they will have to pass through Nupe and other minorities territory to get to Yoruba land.

It seems you are ignorantly mistaking Northern Nigeria as Fulani land. Even the Kanuris would have their own country if Nigeria is to divide.

Ships can't pass through the River Niger unless it is dredge(Which a lot of other tribes won't agree to) and before ships can even get to the River Niger,they will pass through Ijaw territories cause it's the IJaws territories that share boaders with the Atlantic Ocean. Igbos don't even have monopoly over River Niger.

Do you even know how expensive it is to wage a war? What is the budget of the 7 North Western State in US dollars? Let's start from there.

I'm not sorry to say this, but you sound dumb grin

3 Likes

Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by DMerciful(m): 11:08pm On May 18, 2022
We can divide without blood bath, a referendum would fix that. With proper negotiation and documentation of agreement with guarantors that are world powers, there'll be no war. Why didn't Nigeria go to war with Cameroon over Bakassi?

The world has past that stage of wreckless wars to be together.
AlexBells:

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by Tingotoe: 11:14pm On May 18, 2022
successmatters:
Referendum

That's the only thing Nnamdi Kanu asked for
Nigeria doesn't take requests from terrorists. Fucckk Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB
Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by Christistruth00: 11:16pm On May 18, 2022
No

Azikiwe made sure of that.
Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by Christistruth00: 11:16pm On May 18, 2022
No

Azikiwe and Ironsi made sure of that

But they must have seen that one Nigeria had a great future.
Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by techWriter3: 11:18pm On May 18, 2022
Referendum That's the only way somebody request for
Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by DMerciful(m): 11:20pm On May 18, 2022
So you know, Nigeria can never work so lets bite the bullet now to fix our lives. Fear of accident can't stop us from traveling so fear of conflicts after breakup shouldn't stop us.
AlexBells:

Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by AlexBells(m): 11:21pm On May 18, 2022
DMerciful:
We can divide without blood bath, a referendum would fix that. With proper negotiation and documentation of agreement with guarantors that are world powers, there'll be no war. Why didn't Nigeria go to war with Cameroon over Bakassi?

The world has past that stage of wreckless wars to be together.
Well let me hope such arrangement takes care of some pressing issues like what is the fate of Some communities like First forget about Biafra if you want to start being realistic then where would communities like Opobo, Bonny, Igbanke, Ilorin, etc be, you are talking about Nigeria and Cameroon, the people in Bakassi is quite different from looking at the Igbos, Going for a country after Nigeria, Ijaws, Yorubas okay, look at Lagos, what if Benin lay claim to Some part or if Lagos chose to be independent, what if the Ikweres refuse to join the greater Igbo nation these things are issues that would all bring intense chaos that international community can't fix, does UN know where is the boundary between Benin and Igboland or you think they would just divide Nigeria and go home but stuff won't happen, was it not same UN that Created Isreal what's happening years later, you people don't just see the future.
Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by Christistruth00: 11:23pm On May 18, 2022
ObosiLandlord:
Ilorin is Yoruba land.

EOD.

Ilorin is completely encircled by at least 30 Towns with Obas

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by AlexBells(m): 11:24pm On May 18, 2022
DMerciful:
So you know, Nigeria can never work so lets bite the bullet now to fix our lives. Fear of accident can't stop us from traveling so fear of conflicts after breakup shouldn't stop us.

Nigeria can't work neither would Nigeria's breakup Nigeria needs to serve as sort of European union, a confederation where tribal people enjoy autonomy while sharing a single army (military) civil service and international representation in summary a Confederate arrangement of tribal people under the current Nigerian Federation
Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by ObosiLandlord(m): 11:29pm On May 18, 2022
Christistruth00:

Ilorin is completely encircled by at least 30 Towns with Obas
Alexbell won't agree, he will keep on arguing in favour of his Fulani masters like a slave he is.

He wants Fulanis to go to war, I ask him how they will get the money to fund the war from, he has no reasonable answer but still wants me to believe they will be able to go to a war.

The North West is struggling in One Nigeria, without One Nigeria, they will survive through handout from the UN and some other countries.

Even the mighty USSR eventually went bankrupt because of the large amount of money they were spending on defense not to talk of a country made up of Sokoto, Katsina, Zamfara Kebbi, Kano, Jigawa and Northern Kaduna. A country that will be the poorest in not just Africa but the world, but Alexbell believes such a country will be able to wage a full blown war without collapsing.

The mumu is already saying Benin will lay claim to some part of Lagos State,if only I know he is a dullard, I won't have wasted my time on him grin

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by Jokerman(m): 11:44pm On May 18, 2022
ObosiLandlord:
Alexbell won't agree, he will keep on arguing in favour of his Fulani masters like a slave he is.

He wants Fulanis to go to war, I ask him how they will get the money to fund the war from, he has no reasonable answer but still wants me to believe they will be able to go to a war.

The North West is struggling in One Nigeria, without One Nigeria, they will survive through handout from the UN and some other countries.

Even the mighty USSR eventually went bankrupt because of the large amount of money they were spending on defense not to talk of a country made up of Sokoto, Katsina, Zamfara Kebbi, Kano, Jigawa and Northern Kaduna. A country that will be the poorest in not just Africa but the world, but Alexbell believes such a country will be able to wage a full blown war without collapsing.

The mumu is already saying Benin will lay claim to some part of Lagos State,if only I know he is a dullard, I won't have wasted my time on him grin

His problem is that he argues emotionally rather than logically, from his write up I reas
Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by Yujin(m): 2:30am On May 19, 2022
AlexBells:

Who and who will become sovereign and who and who would stay together have you answered that question, who and who would have access to the sea and who and who shall be landlocked have you also answered that, if Nigeria were a country of 5 nations then division is simple, we are looking at at least 20 formal countries that once existed independently and then you think today they want to be in Biafra, Arewa or Oduduwa, lol that's the first bad sign
Sovereignty is a only granted to those who signify interest. As much as you try to muddle waters in order to obfuscate your tracks, some of us are able to glimpse through to see the person behind. The case of Nigeria is one were the UN will have to resort to referendum. Boundaries of the would be countries aren't fixed yet and only a referendum can settle it. That is where a lot of confusion can be settled peacefully.
Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by DMerciful(m): 4:57am On May 19, 2022
UN created Isreal without creating Palestine,
thats their mistake. I'm sure the UK would have documentation of when Benin ends and where Igbo starts. If the Ikwerre says they wanna join the Ijaws through a referendum in Lower Niger Republic, so be it. Forcing people to join any of the Republics is creating a mini-Nigeria, they'd have to choose and the kind of federalism with full resource control would be agreed and documented.
AlexBells:

Well let me hope such arrangement takes care of some pressing issues like what is the fate of Some communities like First forget about Biafra if you want to start being realistic then where would communities like Opobo, Bonny, Igbanke, Ilorin, etc be, you are talking about Nigeria and Cameroon, the people in Bakassi is quite different from looking at the Igbos, Going for a country after Nigeria, Ijaws, Yorubas okay, look at Lagos, what if Benin lay claim to Some part or if Lagos chose to be independent, what if the Ikweres refuse to join the greater Igbo nation these things are issues that would all bring intense chaos that international community can't fix, does UN know where is the boundary between Benin and Igboland or you think they would just divide Nigeria and go home but stuff won't happen, was it not same UN that Created Isreal what's happening years later, you people don't just see the future.
Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by Mrexcell(m): 7:15am On May 19, 2022
It's possible if the fulani northern elites wants it they're the only group that is still holding this contraption together.
Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by AlexBells(m): 7:50am On May 19, 2022
DMerciful:
UN created Isreal without creating Palestine,
thats their mistake. I'm sure the UK would have documentation of when Benin ends and where Igbo starts. If the Ikwerre says they wanna join the Ijaws through a referendum in Lower Niger Republic, so be it. Forcing people to join any of the Republics is creating a mini-Nigeria, they'd have to choose and the kind of federalism with full resource control would be agreed and documented.
You are saying exactly the problem here the inability to accurately predict the future, so why would you think the UN will not create Biafra without creating Onitsha Republic the problem is that we think in our wildest imagination that we understand people, you won't know who will be dissatisfied at the end, look at what is happening with unknown gunmen, do you think that Onitsha won't feel witch hunted in such Biafra.

You are talking as if this is another balkanization of Nigeria. What do you mean by getting a Refendum for every people, some people would be annexed forcefully, look statehood is not a jolly go round, and when you say any of the republics, what do you mean by that which Republic, you have not answered the question who would be and who would not be a Republic after Nigeria,
Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by AlexBells(m): 7:56am On May 19, 2022
Yujin:

Sovereignty is a only granted to those who signify interest. As much as you try to muddle waters in order to obfuscate your tracks, some of us are able to glimpse through to see the person behind. The case of Nigeria is one were the UN will have to resort to referendum. Boundaries of the would be countries aren't fixed yet and only a referendum can settle it. That is where a lot of confusion can be settled peacefully.
The British government knows the boundaries of Every people however don't know the boundaries of Oduduwa, Arewa and Biafra, if Nigeria divides, Igala, Benin, Lagos, Opobo, Bonny, Calabar, Oyo, etc. Have more chances to be city states than Biafran, Oduduwa and Arewa being independent, those boundaries are Artificial unless however the Igbos chose to unite as a people, the Yorubas do same, put more explicitly it would be hard to get independence through UN
Re: Is There A Way a Peaceful Disintegration Of Nigeria Is Possible? by DMerciful(m): 8:58am On May 19, 2022
Baseline Republics are Arewa Republic, Middle Belt Republic, Biafra Republic, Oodua Republic, Lower Niger Republic. Benin can join Biafra or Oodua, Akwa-Ibom can join Biafra or Lower Niger etc through referendum.
It can be done! Worst case we go back to the regions of 1963 as a full confederation with each state having autonomy like the provinces of Canada or the states of US or a lose federation like UK with Scotland,England, Wales etc
AlexBells:

You are saying exactly the problem here the inability to accurately predict the future, so why would you think the UN will not create Biafra without creating Onitsha Republic the problem is that we think in our wildest imagination that we understand people, you won't know who will be dissatisfied at the end, look at what is happening with unknown gunmen, do you think that Onitsha won't feel witch hunted in such Biafra.

You are talking as if this is another balkanization of Nigeria. What do you mean by getting a Refendum for every people, some people would be annexed forcefully, look statehood is not a jolly go round, and when you say any of the republics, what do you mean by that which Republic, you have not answered the question who would be and who would not be a Republic after Nigeria,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is What Will Happen In The APC Primaries / If Peter Obi Can Answer This, He'll Win / Forget Age Tinubu Is The Most Qualified Candidate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.