Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,648 members, 7,820,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Some Nysc Staffs Are So Rude - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Some Nysc Staffs Are So Rude (995 Views)

INEC And NYSC Promises To Ensure The Safety Of Corpers INEC Adhoc Staffs / Nysc Staffs Exhorting Money From Corpers For Files In Calabar / Some NYSC staffs are so rude (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Nysc Staffs Are So Rude by topetall(f): 3:38pm On Jul 14, 2011
Some of the female junior staffs ( the ones u meet on a regular basis for monthly clearance, inec stuffs, relocation etc) are always rude to corp members. The other day, I wanted to apply for relocation and when I approached a woman in the mobilisation office, the look she gave me told me something was wrong. I summoned courage and asked about relocating only for her to ask me why I wasn’t fully kitted. I was like aaha so that's the problem cos I was already thinking a young lady ran away with her husband. I went back fully kitted- cap, jacket, trainers and all. Still the same attitude, ( I don't want to brag abt my qualification or age) but this woman dealt with me to the point i was actually in tears. she sent me to buy recharge card and another sweets. Only for me to return and the other who sent me the sweets flung the change saying it was dirty, I was like haahaa, she corrected herself and picked her money up. So it was Go --- Come, correcting, flinging of the forms, making fun. All out to,
the basic problem was that applying for relocation through the local govt secretariat is different from apply through the state or directly from abuja. And I should have asked her the process but the eye she gave me initially made me just ask for the forms. So I put the blame on me that day. But thru out my adult/uni days- with profs, lecturers, parents families, even enemies-av not been treated in such a manner.

I heard from some guys the following clearance day on how they were badly treated too. Abusing corpers on top alawii clearance. they would even send you puff puff and complain on your arrival. I really don't know what the problem is. This all happened like two weeks before the so called increment in the allowance. Some corpers are not paid anything by their employers, some as low as 3k, some 7k then so called very good places pay 15k. So maybe this staffs value corpers based on that ( i dont know, just guessing). Or they are jealous of us, Or they dont know the value of a grad student( since the educational system is on the downside and some grads cant even write their name)

But I think its because of us they are there working and we should be treated equally with respect and dignity regardless tribe , race, marital status, sex, finances, qualification whatever. Some corp members don’t receive love from their office and home cos he/she is regarded as a foreigner only to come to the secretariat and receive the same shit. They ought to act as our guardians and the staffs shd be welcoming since the secretariat is like home away from home. I am very sure if that woman had spoken to me as a mother and a friend advising me to stay, I just mightav desided against relocating cos I was aving second thots and Kaduna is peaceful unlike what outsiders think.( as at today). And Hausas/ Northerners should not be relegated to security man, suya man, tomato seller, labourers and when we see some in top positions we think they it is not by merit. My stay here has changed my perspective of things. Some are as educated/intelligent as any southerner, kd can be compared to Ibadan- many GRA’s, tarred roads, beautiful houses. I was at Ali- Akilu( Kd North and i know all of Kd is not like that) I would post pics later.

So how are the NYSC staffs like in other states?
Re: Some Nysc Staffs Are So Rude by Muza(m): 10:20pm On Jul 14, 2011
I stayed in KD, in d GRA u talkin about, dats why I laugh when some ignorant folks dat have never travelled 300m from their current position talk about things they dnt know or have never seen
Re: Some Nysc Staffs Are So Rude by bestofthisyear(m): 12:08am On Jul 15, 2011
Nigeria is all about presentation. Once you saw her attitude your whole attitude changed. If you approached her professionally with confidence she would have had no option but to treat you the same way. If you allow them they will take out their lifes fustrations on you
Re: Some Nysc Staffs Are So Rude by topetall(f): 3:44pm On Jul 22, 2011
/
Re: Some Nysc Staffs Are So Rude by hakanai(m): 4:16pm On Jul 22, 2011
About NYSC staff being rude? You don't kn0w anything yet.While i was serving,the worst person than could best humiliate a corper is NYSC official.They don't just shout at you or just make you seem useless they even make you hate them.You get far better treatment outside in uniform than when you are around any official of NYSC.They are so rude and mean.While they tell you about service to motherland they just don't live like that.While people outside see and admire you far making a huge sacrifice to serve, they just think you deserve to be treated like an animal.Ignored,barked at and sometimes insulted. angry angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Corps Members Serving In Lagos Only! / Nysc Nov/dec Batch B 2016{ Bbm Chat} / NYSC Corpers In Jigawa Yet To Receive There Allowance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.