Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Key Differences Between Node JS Vs Javascript - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Key Differences Between Node JS Vs Javascript (492 Views)

Confused Between Node Js And PHP / Dart Vs Javascript: Which Of These Languages Is Much Harder To Learn? / What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Key Differences Between Node JS Vs Javascript by tkhassan(m): 8:41am On May 19, 2022
Front-end developers use JavaScript extensively because of its ease and convenience. However, Node JS is also emerging as a smart programming language that allows the programmers to program both frontend and backend. Using Node JS makes your development experience way too different from JavaScript.

But which one is better? This is the real question here.

To choose between these two programming languages, you have to be very clear in your head about their features, advantages, disadvantages, and limitations. JavaScript is more famous for sure, and most developers might make their final decision in the favour of JS. It is a versatile and easy-to-learn programming language. This is what most developers would say while choosing JS; however, you better not be biased, and look for all potential alternatives available. The article Node JS vs JavaScript is a comparison between these two programming languages that you better know about as a front and backend developer.

What is Node JS?

It is an open-source and cross-platform language that provides a runtime environment to JavaScript. It basically acts as an interpreter for JS to run on the server-side. With Node JS, you can run the JavaScript code outside the browser. Here you would also find a lot of modules to be used for web development purposes.

Full Article Source: https://www.temok.com/blog/node-js-vs-javascript/
Re: Key Differences Between Node JS Vs Javascript by bularuz(m): 10:13am On May 19, 2022
Why are you comparing NodeJS to JavaScript? Do you understand javascript m

2 Likes

Re: Key Differences Between Node JS Vs Javascript by jesmond3945: 10:27am On May 19, 2022
Lol
Re: Key Differences Between Node JS Vs Javascript by niel63(m): 1:04pm On May 19, 2022
Lol... wetin you dey compare? There's no comparisons here bro. Nodejs na js.
You should be comparing it to other languages... not its parent language.
Re: Key Differences Between Node JS Vs Javascript by etoluw: 2:04pm On May 19, 2022
which kind talk be this - nodejs vs JavaScript.

Nodejs is JavaScript runtime environment
Re: Key Differences Between Node JS Vs Javascript by FlameHashira: 2:13pm On May 19, 2022
He doesn't know what he is talking about, shey node.js is still JavaScript which kind comparison again please don't flaunt your ignorance

3 Likes

Re: Key Differences Between Node JS Vs Javascript by daddynasa: 4:44pm On May 19, 2022
Did I just read this post? Nodejs na programming language now? Bros u for do research na
Re: Key Differences Between Node JS Vs Javascript by thanksjosh005: 6:34pm On May 19, 2022
Nooope. nodejs is truly not a programming language. That's been the only thing I flagged yet as well after skimming a little. Probably, OP failed to proofread and justify his article of errors before his posting yet programmers in the house had it so much on OP. The brickbats was very unecessary and uncalled for. Some comments were just so irrational too. And the fact OP compared nodejs with JavaScript isn't strange since the topic is a question asked amongst newbies and sophomores. I just simply couldn't make sense of the outrageous comments here.
Re: Key Differences Between Node JS Vs Javascript by FlameHashira: 12:08am On May 20, 2022
thanksjosh005:
Nooope. nodejs is truly not a programming language. That's been the only thing I flagged yet as well after skimming a little. Probably, OP failed to proofread and justify his article of errors before his posting yet programmers in the house had it so much on OP. The brickbats was very unecessary and uncalled for. Some comments were just so irrational too. And the fact OP compared nodejs with JavaScript isn't strange since the topic is a question asked amongst newbies and sophomores. I just simply couldn't make sense of the outrageous comments here.
Nobody compares node.js with JavaScript....not even noobs

3 Likes

Re: Key Differences Between Node JS Vs Javascript by niel63(m): 12:54am On May 20, 2022
thanksjosh005:

Bro... you don't write that long epistle and still make such mistake. Like the dude above me mentioned. Nobody compares them... not even the noobs.

Imagine someone that doesn't know basic HTML telling you about nodejs. So, No No No.... this guy just wan catch cruise.
Re: Key Differences Between Node JS Vs Javascript by UtuokeAlcoholic: 1:46pm On May 20, 2022
niel63:
Lol... wetin you dey compare? There's no comparisons here bro. Nodejs na js.
You should be comparing it to other languages... not its parent language.
Exactly, he should be comparing nodejs and php or asp

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Is My Hackerone Guys Doing / Please I Need Advice On How To Start My Career As A Data Analyst/scientist / Lollzzzz, I'm Now A C++ Master

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.