Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,864 members, 7,848,507 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:52 AM

Fashola Under Pressure To Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Under Pressure To Resign (890 Views)

Fashola Under Undue Pressure To Resign By Joshua Amaugo / Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily / Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Under Pressure To Resign by Sunofgod(m): 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2011
PDP demands Fashola resignation

The Lagos state chapter of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) has demanded for the "immediate resignation" of the governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Fashola over the flooding of most parts of the state on Sunday.

The party also demanded an unreserved apology from the governor and the payment of adequate compensation to the families of those who lost their lives and property in the flood.

The party's publicity secretary in Lagos State, Taofik Gani, made this known in a statement on Wednesday, where it sympathised with residents affected by the two-days heavy downpour.

PDP described the disaster as "an avoidable trauma," insisting that the state government could have done more to prevent the flooding.

"Contrary to the claim by the state government that Lagosians dump refuse and build on the drainage, the actual cause of the flooding is lack of proper drainage. It is uncomplimentary for the state government to accuse Lagos residents for its own negligence, dereliction of duty and maladministration," the statement read.

According to the party, the state government had over the years failed to clear primary drainage in the state which resulted in last Sunday's floods. It also alleged that the blocking of waterways by construction companies also contributed to the flooding.

More blame

Blaming the government for the ongoing Eko Atlantic project, the PDP claimed that the unnecessary sand filling of lagoons, seas and the ocean by the state government also raised the water level of the ocean.

The statement further lamented the frequent collapse of buildings and loss of lives in Lagos State as it blamed the continued collapse of buildings in the state on the inability of the state to punish government officials involved in the monitoring of building construction.

The PDP then called on the state government to provide affordable housing for the people as a way of making substandard buildings unattractive.

[img]http://thewillnigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=Fashola_416066680.jpeg&size=article_medium[/img]

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/5731290-146/pdp_demands_fashola_resignation__.csp
Re: Fashola Under Pressure To Resign by Sunofgod(m): 7:31pm On Jul 14, 2011
Fashola - Tender Your Resignation cool
Re: Fashola Under Pressure To Resign by jimmysho(m): 7:35pm On Jul 14, 2011
I could not get the pressure here. PDP is only trying to form a formidable opposition in lagos
Re: Fashola Under Pressure To Resign by Seanet1000: 7:38pm On Jul 14, 2011
Delusional OP!!
Re: Fashola Under Pressure To Resign by INTP(f): 7:39pm On Jul 14, 2011
How many people's lives have they themselves destroyed angry.
Re: Fashola Under Pressure To Resign by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 14, 2011
Pdp itself is a catastrophe that need to be eliminated.
Re: Fashola Under Pressure To Resign by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 14, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Pdp itself is a catastrophe that need to be eliminated.
well said
Re: Fashola Under Pressure To Resign by Pukkah: 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2011
It smacks of mischief if, out of all the states that flooded, Fashola is the only one they are calling on to resign. Not that I mind this approach of calling on public officers to resign or putting them under pressure, but this beautiful call should also be extended to Mr Jonathan who for so many reasons - PHCN, Boko Haram, Kerosene scarcity, etc.
Re: Fashola Under Pressure To Resign by tpia5: 6:12pm On Jul 15, 2011
Isnt the op the same person who posted photos of jonathan and pdp looting the national coffers right after the election?

No let longerthroat finish una oh.
Re: Fashola Under Pressure To Resign by EzeUche(m): 6:13pm On Jul 15, 2011
Sun of god:

grin grin grin

You are going on the offensive my brother.
Re: Fashola Under Pressure To Resign by hadeysola(m): 6:42pm On Jul 15, 2011
laugherable becoS grin of flood omo na naija we deyOOOO,U hear say we dey resign 4 dis country d PDP must be JOKINGGGGG
Re: Fashola Under Pressure To Resign by Sunofgod(m): 7:52pm On Jul 15, 2011
tpia@:

Isnt the op the same person who posted photos of jonathan and pdp looting the national coffers right after the election?

No let longerthroat finish una oh.

A very stupid response. . . . . .

Is GEJ to blame for Fashola's mess?

How about sticking to the matter at hand.

Fashola has been exposed for what he is - an incompetent Governor.
Re: Fashola Under Pressure To Resign by tpia5: 8:12pm On Jul 15, 2011
^^no doubt you long for the day when you'll have unrestricted access to looting.

sorry for your disappointment.

the riches are within your grasp.
Re: Fashola Under Pressure To Resign by Sunofgod(m): 8:22pm On Jul 15, 2011
tpia@:

^^no doubt you long for the day when you'll have unrestricted access to looting.

sorry for your disappointment.

the riches are within your grasp.

Another very silly response. . . . . .

Is GEJ to blame for Fashola's mess?

How about sticking to the matter at hand.

Fashola has been exposed for what he is - an incompetent Governor.
Re: Fashola Under Pressure To Resign by obowunmi(m): 10:32pm On Jul 15, 2011
Only a slowpoke will ask Fashola to resign. Why won't Slowpoke Jonathan resign ? PDP is satanic. They've been in power for soo long and have done nothing for Nigeria.
Re: Fashola Under Pressure To Resign by umechuma: 11:05pm On Jul 15, 2011
Sun of god:

I don't know how old you are but if u are btw 1-50 years i will say you are a misguided element in the society and if u are 50 years and above then you are a wasted Nigerian generation and stop misleading younger generation.
Re: Fashola Under Pressure To Resign by aljharem3: 11:07pm On Jul 15, 2011
umechuma:

I don't know how old you are but if u are btw 1-50 years i will say you are a misguided element in the society and if u are 50 years and above then you are a wasted Nigerian generation and stop misleading younger generation.

he actually in his 20's

a young lad he is, isn't he
Re: Fashola Under Pressure To Resign by Sunofgod(m): 11:11pm On Jul 15, 2011
alj_harem:

he actually in his 20's

a young lad he is, isn't he

Ok - So your out to derail another thread.

Typical of you and your immature backward nature.

You act like a very wayward, mischievious 14 year old child.

And your command of English is equivalent to that of an 8 year old.

Most of your post I do find comical - just as I still find clowns comical.

I really do pity you - you have major psychological issues.

I wont be stupid enough to disclose my age to you - however I will state you will never be on my level.
Re: Fashola Under Pressure To Resign by BigB11(m): 11:46pm On Jul 15, 2011
I'm not a Tinubu supporter, because I see him as an obstacle, a coward that loves power, attention and stolen money.
However, we must not totally ambush Fashola so fast, because he's honestly trying his best in some areas.
Those PDP members talking rubbish can die and go straight to hell. They can never match the half job Mr. Push-over (Gov Fashola) is managing to do in Lagos state, even if each of these PDP members has 4 extra legs and hands.

A Spade must be called A spade, and not a Range Rover.
Re: Fashola Under Pressure To Resign by Gbawe: 12:07am On Jul 16, 2011
Big B1:

I'm not a Tinubu supporter, because I see him as an obstacle, a coward that loves power, attention and stolen money.
However, we must not totally ambush Fashola so fast, because he's honestly trying his best in some areas.
Those PDP members talking rubbish can die and go straight to hell. They can never match the half job Mr. Push-over (Gov Fashola) is managing to do in Lagos state, even if each of these PDP members has 4 extra legs and hands.

A Spade must be called A spade, and not a Range Rover.

You really are a character. Can what you write above , and far worse, not be said about your hero IBB?
Re: Fashola Under Pressure To Resign by hannie: 12:25am On Jul 16, 2011
Pre 2011elections these same FIDIFI twats were courting BRF to dump ACN and represent them as their FLAGBEARER. . .EDIOTS!!! cool

These same twats were no where to be found when DPA was the only party that could be described as having attempted being the opposition party in Lagos . .where was FIDIFI then . . .

all of a sudden its post 2011 elections these ediots from FIDIFI are using a natural disaster to castigate the Governor with the magic wand, even going to the extent to tell him to resign . . .e ti ya were!!! dem don swear for all una!!!

who criticized Jonathan to resign on May 29th when there was total blackout nationwide on a day we should have had electricity to watch inauguaral proceedings?

who has castigated Jonathan to resign for the incessant bombings nationwide even if its from Boko Haram faithfuls or not . . .

who has told Jonathan to resign for the blackout in the telecommunications sector? UNA DEY MADT WELL WELL!!!

the ediots that GEJ parade are they the ones that WILL ALLOW NIGERIANS BREATH FRESH AIR. . . .I SMELL THE FART OF PATIENCE JONATHAN . . . .!!!

UMBLERRA INDEED !!! grin
Re: Fashola Under Pressure To Resign by sbeezy8: 12:48am On Jul 16, 2011
dumb the same pdp were on brf nutts prior to election.

how he can he be blamed for months worth of rain in one day? is he God?

(1) (Reply)

If You Love Nigeria Listen To This. . . / Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank / This Is The Reason Why People Are P.o.o.r.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.