Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,147 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan (8904 Views)

Why I Am Running To Be Nigeria's President - Bola Ahmed Tinubu / Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 / Wike: APC Planted A Presidential Aspirant In PDP As A Mole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by pinkPUSSY(f): 7:24am On May 20, 2022
AHEAD of the primaries of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC to pick its Presidential candidate for the 2023 Presidential election, the President of the Senate, Senator Ahmad Lawan has begun his campaign tour of the country, saying that he is running as a Nigerian Presidential aspirant, not a northern aspirant.

Lawan who visited Katsina state yesterday to seek the support of party members particularly the delegates for his presidential bid, said that as a Nigerian he is qualified to be President and not as a northern aspirant as being insinuated in some quarters.

Lawan said, “I am not running as a northern aspirant because the impression created is that I’m a northern aspirant or that northerners are saying they are not going to allow power to the South.

“I’m not running as a northern candidate. I’m running as a Nigerian Presidential aspirant and therefore I come with all my qualifications for that office and people should judge me on the basis of what I have to offer,” Lawan said in Katsina.

In a statement yesterday by his Media Adviser, Ola Awoniyi, the President of the Senate who spoke at a meeting with some members of the Katsina State House of Assembly who came to see him and led by the Speaker of the House, Hon.Tasiu Musa Maigari.

Lawan who is one of the longest serving Nigerian Federal lawmakers having been elected into the National Assembly since 1999 said he possessed the requisite experience and qualifications that put him at an advantage over other aspirants.

Lawan said, “We have been around for sometime. Thank God, from 2019, we have been working with the President of our Party, President Muhammadu Buhari, very closely. I know and I understand most of the national issues that we deal with.

“I’m a participant in this government and I use that as one advantage that I have. Even though I’m a parliamentarian, I have some experience in governance. Real experience. Therefore, we are going round to tell Nigerians that we are available.

“The fact that we came out last speaks volumes, because I didn’t just wake up one morning and say I want to be President. It took a lot of time for those who believe in me to talk to me to also throw my hat in the ring. And after some time, I accepted.

“And that is to say that some people are not satisfied with those they are seeing and they think that we can do better. I have a great deal of respect for those who are running. The other aspirants.

“And I believe that I have my advantages and I’m going to use my advantages by the Grace of God to not only emerge as the candidate of our party but also win the general elections.

“And I’m not running like someone from the northeast, I’m running as a Nigerian because I believe that I understand the issues of development in Nigeria today.

“And as a participant in this administration, I know that this administration succeeded in some ways and has not succeeded as much in others and therefore, those areas in which we succeeded, it’s for me to continue to build on them.

“Those areas that we have found ourselves in deficit, that we have not been able to succeed as much, it’s for us to work on them

I am a product of this administration and my party and therefore I commit myself to the ideals of my party.

“I commit myself to the ideals of this administration because it takes every effort by everyone to bring development. Mr President will be finishing his term in 2023 as we all know but his ideals are there and his ideals are to develop our country,” Lawan said.

The Senate President also told a large gathering of party leaders and delegates, with the State Governor, Alhaji Aminu Bello Masari in attendance, why he should be considered to be the Presidential candidate of the party in the forthcoming primaries.

“It will be 23 years on the 4th of June this year that I have been in the National Assembly. My experiences, I believe, are adequate because I have worked with people like you(Governor Masari) and today, I’m working with our President, President Muhammadu Buhari who is leading the APC administration.

“For me, this is an experience that I cherish. This is an experience that makes me think that I have the capacity, that I have the ability, that I have the training, that I have the audacity and the courage to stay in that office in Abuja, in the Villa, to lead the affairs of this country with people like you around me.

“It is not abnormal that a Senator can be a President. In the US, even the current President(Joe Biden) was in the Senate. Former President Obama was in the Senate and therefore I believe that, coming from the Legislature, with some experience from the Executive because I have been working very closely with the President, I have the requisite experience to lead the affairs of this country,” Lawan said.

In his response, Governor Masari who described Lawan as very reliable and dependable person, said, “When he called me, I told him he should have gone to other places because whatever is possible, whatever we can do for him, we will do it,” Masari said.

The President of the Senate was accompanied by the former Governor of Abia State and the Chief Whip of the Senate, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu, Senator Mohammed Sani Musa, Senator Bello Mandiya and former Senator Tafida Umar.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/2023-im-running-as-nigerian-presidential-aspirant-not-northern-aspirant-lawan/

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by pinkPUSSY(f): 7:25am On May 20, 2022
If Fulanis could be desperate for power without any supporters from the south, what do you think they would do when they now have backing of some southerners ?

The Nothern region of Nigeria is bold enough to retain the presidency because they are capitalizing on the stand of majority of Igbos which is "Zone Presidency to the east or it remains in the north".

Majority APC of Nothern extraction have listened to the voice of Igbo people concerning the presidency and there are a lot of indications that even despite having Nat chairman, they can still retain the presidency because they believe that a major ethnic group in Nigeria is backing their stand...

Trust Me nothing, I mean absolutely nothing will happen if they have the presidency, and National Chairman, infact they might even wish to have the Senate presidency at the same time and get away with it because the south is totally irredeemably cracked .. The only thing that could have checkmated their excesses is the unity of the south unfortunately the unity of the south is not happening anytime soon, hence they had to take advantage of it and rule Nigeria the way they want...

You can't beat them, you can only shout online and rest...

Who could have imagined that Top 3 citizens in Nigeria would come from the same region in the history of Nigeria ?( President, Senate President and the CJN) ..

And to some clowns that are chanting " Igbo votes are Inconsequential" because of least voters registration of SE, it's only a political illiterate that doesn't know the difference between Igbo votes and SE votes.. You are not wiser than your politicians that place or try to identify with the 3 major ethnic groups in Nigeria while campaigning.. There Is a reason for that.

People of SW should have known better that North was never their ally. They have used you and ready to dump you a pick a new bride.. SW should Stop issuing threats to north telling them they can't have Nat chairman and presidency at the same time , the more you issue threats the more they go back to sleep

21 Likes

Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by drmuchin: 7:29am On May 20, 2022
See Big Thief

6 Likes

Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by Nobody: 7:29am On May 20, 2022
Good
Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by Mandate2023: 7:34am On May 20, 2022
Foolish idiot......dey want to retain power by all means but will fail, nw that igbos r supporting northerners instead of their own we will see if dey successfully make him d president

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by Demigod22: 7:34am On May 20, 2022
Lawan that cannot effectively lead the National Assembly under his leadership is aspiring to become president.

Orji Uzor Kalu, a suppose leader is following the failure called lawan because they were coursemates.

Nigeria, I hail thee.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by Odin13: 7:37am On May 20, 2022
Is Lawan the Apc consensus Candidate?

Guess Tinubu will step down for him .. since he’s a political business partner and a close friend to Kalu..

Tinubu must be on ballot
No excuses
No stepping down

Must contest

Power to the people
North 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by Mickykarim: 7:40am On May 20, 2022
NOW IS THE TIME OF Tom AND Jerry TO HOP ONBOARD THE JOSTLES FOR THE PRESIDENCY TO FURTHER TRIVIALIZE THE OFFICE.

The presidency of Nigeria now all comer's game, even with people without pedigree for it. Most unfortunate.
Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by SocialJustice: 7:42am On May 20, 2022
But after you win, you will turn Aso rock to village meeting.

All northerners in this race should go and sleep besides a fulani man or anybody that looks like them will never emerge winner in 2023. Even northerners are tired of foolish and visionless leadership.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by Corporate2020: 7:42am On May 20, 2022
So that you can turn all the youths in Southern Nigeria to Almajaris as you idiots have dine in your Sahara desert which is now flowing with Sorrow, Tears and Blood.

God go punish your Mama

4 Likes

Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by Odin13: 7:43am On May 20, 2022
Demigod22:
Lawan that cannot effectively lead the National Assembly under his leadership is aspiring to become president.

Orji Uzor Kalu, a suppose leader is following the failure called lawan because they were coursemates.

Nigeria, I hail thee.

Explain how Lawan was not effective as a senate president

And how’s kalu following “ failure”

Daft and ignorant statement

But same Lawan follows Tinubu.. Yoruba go hail am

Yoruba sef

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by Corporate2020: 7:44am On May 20, 2022
Odin13:

Yoruba sef

I need to see your see your medical certificate of mental fitness because you don't sound mentally balanced

4 Likes

Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by Odin13: 7:47am On May 20, 2022
Corporate2020:

I need to see your see your medical certificate of mental fitness because you don't sound mentally balanced

Go and confirm your parents medical certificate of mental fitness.. first.

Just confirm

10 Likes

Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by OfoIgbo: 7:57am On May 20, 2022
Mandate2023:
Foolish idiot......dey want to retain power by all means but will fail, nw that igbos r supporting northerners instead of their own we will see if dey successfully make him d president

We will also see if you will successfully make Tinubu the president.

The same Tinubu that made sure no Igboman occupies any other of the top 6 positions in the country

6 Likes

Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by Demigod22: 8:16am On May 20, 2022
Odin13:

Yoruba sef

So with your abysmally dysfunctional and shabby reasoning and deficiency in political logic, the ninth senate is effective? Rubber stamp assembly is what you don't see as failure? Your myopically inspired inclination deserve standing ovation from the degenerated, disillusioned, purposeless and directionless ninth assembly champion by the intellectually crippled president of the senate called lawan.

Get lost from my mentioned.

6 Likes

Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by Odin13: 8:29am On May 20, 2022
Demigod22:

So with your abysmally dysfunctional and shabby reasoning and deficiency in political logic, the ninth senate is effective? Rubber stamp assembly is what you don't see as failure? Your myopically inspired inclination deserve standing ovation from the degenerated, disillusioned, purposeless and directionless ninth assembly champion by the intellectually crippled president of the senate called lawan.

Get lost from my mentioned.

Gibberish
Ask how Lawan is ineffective
Yoruba man went ranting ... imagine
Think say after ranting trash .. you don make point
Nairaland.. different things parading

Oga explain how e take be rubber stamp ..

No be turench

Ignorant human being

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by Demigod22: 9:02am On May 20, 2022
Odin13:

Gibberish
Ask how Lawan is ineffective
Yoruba man went ranting ... imagine
Think say after ranting trash .. you don make point
Nairaland.. different things parading

Oga explain how e take be rubber stamp ..

No be turench

Ignorant human being

If your demented dementia failed you from being politically informed or you choose to be politically abreast and you didn't follow the activities of the ninth senate to assess the performance of the senate under his leadership in aspect of check and balance, policy making, transparency, accountability, then I won't be your Nigerian politics lecturer, you choose to be iconoclastic abuse the word ignorant.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by Maxymilliano(m): 9:07am On May 20, 2022
Lol ... Rubber Stamp dey talk

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by Rawtruth1: 9:07am On May 20, 2022
Please, don't scatter the country with selfishness.

It's the turn of the South. And coming to the south, it's the turn of the South East.

This is the truth, justice, equity and Fairplay.

Anything short of this plain fact is pushing the country towards disintegration, economic woes and heightened insecurity

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by datola: 9:07am On May 20, 2022
You are a Northerner and as such cannot be president again after one has been for 8 years with tears.

Power should come to the South.

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by Afdiv44: 9:08am On May 20, 2022
Mallam is mallam grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by Gunboysavage(m): 9:08am On May 20, 2022
Mallam is Mallam even if mallam wear suit grin

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by Naiira(m): 9:08am On May 20, 2022
Aboki hide your face - we no want

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by Nobody: 9:09am On May 20, 2022
Whether you call it northern aspirant or Boko Haram representative, you are saying the same thing.
This Deborah's event has opened my eyes to a lot of things about the northern Nigeria. Directly or indirectly, they are all Boko Haram enablers. They would have been satisfied with Boko Haram only if they had limited their killings to nonabokis. But God can not be fooled.
To whoever that cares to hear and be save from ignorance, the northern Nigeria does not represent Islam. They are there for their satanic motives that will consume and ruin them wholesomely

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by Built2last: 9:10am On May 20, 2022
The north is not handing over power to the south.

mark my words

Our Southern Leaders will make initial noise then they will call all the noise makers and buy them with raw cash or appointments.

A musilm first of all feels a kafir, 'unbeliever' should not rule them.

All southern leaders should be gathered and stoned to death

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by Track7: 9:10am On May 20, 2022
undecided
Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by AntiChristian: 9:11am On May 20, 2022
Waste of recourses!
Re: 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan by Nobody: 9:14am On May 20, 2022
Gunboysavage:
Mallam is Mallam even if mallam wear suit grin
Even if you spell it backwards cheesy mallam go always be mallam yeye people

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Will Pay The N30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected ~ Hon. Razaq Atunwa / Another Fuel Hike ‘ll Collapse Your Govt, NLC Warns Jonathan. / Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.