Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,286 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 (31738 Views)

Why I Am Running To Be Nigeria's President - Bola Ahmed Tinubu / 2023: I Am Running As A Presidential Aspirant, Not Nothern Aspirant - Lawan / Osinbajo Declares NBA Virtual Annual Conference Open (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by fergie001: 8:04am On Apr 11, 2022
**My experiences, insights, opportunities, must be used for Nigeria and Nigerians, VP adds

Dear Nigerians, for the past seven years, I have served as Vice President under a true Nigerian patriot, a servant of the nation in war and peace, and a man of integrity, President Muhammadu Buhari. We have, together, worked through some of the most difficult times in the history of our nation, but we have remained focused on securing the country, providing infrastructure and growing our economy. As stipulated by the Nigerian Constitution, our tenure will end next year.

In this period of seven years, I have served the government in several capacities, and I have, at the direction of Mr. President, represented our country in sensitive high-level international engagements. I have been to practically all local governments in Nigeria. I have been in markets, factories, schools, and farms. I have been in agricultural, mining and oil-producing communities in the Delta, in Kebbi, Enugu, Borno; Rivers, Plateau and Ondo; and in all other States of the federation, listening to the diverse experiences and yearnings of our people.

I have visited our gallant troops in the North East and our brothers and sisters in the IDP camps. I have felt the pain and anguish of victims of violent conflicts, terrorist attacks, flooding, fire and other disasters. I have been in the homes of many ordinary Nigerians in various parts of the country. I have sat with our techprenuers in Lagos, Edo, and Kaduna, with our Nollywood and Kannywood actors; with our musicians from Lagos, Onitsha and Kano. And I have spoken to small and large businesses.

I stood where they stood and sat where they sat. I know their hopes, aspirations and fears; and I believe that in those hopes and aspirations are the seeds for the great Nigeria that we all desire.

I believe that the very reason why the Almighty God gave me these experiences, these insights, and these opportunities, is that they must be put to the use of our country and its great people.

This is why I am today, with utmost humility, formally declaring my intention to run for the Office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, on the platform of our great party, the All Progressives Congress, APC.

If by the grace of God and the will of the people, I am given the opportunity, then I believe that first, we must complete what we have started, radically transforming our security and intelligence architecture; completing the reform of our justice system focusing on adequate remuneration and welfare of judicial personnel, ensuring justice for all and the observance of rule of law, rapidly advancing our infrastructure development, especially power, roads, railways and broadband connectivity. Providing an excellent environment for businesses to thrive; taking the agriculture revolution to the next level especially mechanization and developing the farm to table value chain.

Making sure that the government, its agencies and regulators serve the business community, creating a tech economy that will provide jobs for millions, enhancing our Social Investment Programmes to a full-scale social welfare scheme, completing the promise of lifting 100 million Nigerians out of poverty within this decade.

Completing the task of ensuring that all Nigerians, male and female, attend school, reforming our educational system for relevance to the challenges of this century, completing the task of universal health coverage for all and strengthening the capacity of States and Local Governments to deliver on their respective mandates.

Above all, front and centre of our efforts will be the provision of jobs and opportunities for our young people. I now most solemnly and respectfully seek the support of fellow Nigerians everywhere in this land, and the diaspora, young and old, male and female, in the great and exciting journey that we have ahead of us. I seek your own support.

We will working together, established by the grace of God, the Nigeria of our dreams in a few short years. We will build on the foundation laid by our predecessors. We will need to move, with much speed, intentionality, and perseverance, towards the vision of a prosperous, stable, and secure nation.

I am convinced beyond doubt that we have the creativity, the courage, the talent, and the resources to be the foremost black nation on earth. Let us now birth the expectations of greatness conceived generations before us.

Let us build a Nigeria where the man from Nnewi sees the man in Gusau as his brother, where the woman in Warri sees the woman in Jalingo as her sister, where the love of our nation burns alike in the hearts of boys and girls from Gboko to Yenogoa. Where everywhere in this land is home for everyone, where our diversities, tribes and faiths unite, rather than divide us.

Let our tribes become one tribe; the Nigerian tribe, where all are treated fairly, justly and with respect. Where all are given equal access to the abundant opportunities that God has bestowed on this nation.

May God bless and keep our Republic and her great people.

Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, GCON

Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

63 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by Xscape1993(m): 8:04am On Apr 11, 2022
You are a good material, but your broom is evil.

233 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 11, 2022
Done!! who is next to declare his interest

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by DontBullshitMe: 8:06am On Apr 11, 2022
I have a very big problem with Osibanjo's declaration.

The declaration for Presidency by Osibanjo is borne out of nothing but greediness. C'mon, this man has been in Aso rock for almost 7 years and spent about 1 of it being the President.

Isn't it obvious to him that Nigeria is fundamentally unfixable. To fix Nigeria, there are some harsh, unpopular policies that need to be executed and promoted nationwide. One of them is : to aggressively slow down population growth. Another is : coming to realization that Nigeria is not a very rich country, and taking active steps to foster industrialization so that taxation can be more aggressive.

Osibanjo himself knows he can't fix Nigeria, who is he deceiving?

A person who has never held any position of authority in Aso rock can still pardoned for thinking they can fix Nigeria on the basis of ignorance.

128 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by slawormiir: 8:10am On Apr 11, 2022
Damnnn niggar
You have no reason
Your reason is to continue the embezzlement of money

But you know the funny thing boy...the house boy in aso rock

You and Tinubu will never be our president come 2023.
I can bet my balls on that

182 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by Agboola321(m): 8:10am On Apr 11, 2022
Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by ybalogs(m): 8:10am On Apr 11, 2022
Party don set.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by BIGDADDY000(m): 8:10am On Apr 11, 2022
My man, no time to check time, I don't have to read all this epistle, ME AND MY FAMILY GOT YOUR BACK. you are the perfect candidate for this job. God speed my incoming president.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by nahuzi: 8:10am On Apr 11, 2022
Best candidate APC can present if they have a conscience.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by Basicend: 8:10am On Apr 11, 2022
He has brain. . But am not sure about his lion and madman qualities.

You have be bold and knowledgeable madman to successfully lead Nigeria. .

But who else does APC have? Tinubu for me is a vegetable just Buhari. . Dem cause nna ni?

11 Likes

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by adeniyi997: 8:10am On Apr 11, 2022
Yes. Finally... Yes!!

21 Likes

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by SmartPolician: 8:10am On Apr 11, 2022
In a sane country, Osinbajo would not even think of declaring for president. What exactly would he campaign with? Hunger and insecurity?

A Vice President who goes about delivering lectures and speaking like a man who's not in government. He probably thinks that Nigeria is University of Lagos where he once lectured grin

136 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by Angrygoat: 8:10am On Apr 11, 2022
I will never vote 4u bastard thief.

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by immortalmortal: 8:10am On Apr 11, 2022
Securing which country? Growing which economy? Haba! This same country wey i dey? This same economy wey naira no get value? Security is worse now than it has ever been. The Economy has never been this bad. Oga sir, your principal handled the security and you handled the economy and this is what we are experiencing. Take a bow sir, you have done your best, which is not good enough. let someone more efficient take over

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by PresidentAtiku(m): 8:10am On Apr 11, 2022
B
Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by ybalogs(m): 8:10am On Apr 11, 2022
Osibanjo or Tinubu??

3 Likes

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by elganzar(m): 8:10am On Apr 11, 2022
Primaries will be interesting
Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by God1000(m): 8:10am On Apr 11, 2022
You are the best, you have proven your ability many times as acting president despite the work of cabals to undermine your efforts and authority.

Me and my ménage will vote for you

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by Olatunji1929: 8:11am On Apr 11, 2022
I hate buhari I hate apc with passion but I will vote for osibanjo exept if pdp can present Peter obi,akinwumi Adesina perhaps saraki too

12 Likes

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by Ekemeze: 8:11am On Apr 11, 2022

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by Romanoff(f): 8:11am On Apr 11, 2022
Angrygoat:
I will never vote 4u bastard thief.

So who would you vote for?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by MajorOvakporaye(f): 8:11am On Apr 11, 2022
This is the worst time to trust any Afonja. Osinbade is a common criminal just like Tilumbu the old bullion van criminal

On Peter Obi's mandate we stand!!!

If you know that you are very stupid and useless in life, quote me to say trash

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by NoFucksToGive: 8:11am On Apr 11, 2022
grin

I knew it... the noodle bandit tribe must never disappoint to betray each other.. the tribe that wakes up their parents with matchetes will never disappoint. The human rituals ambassadors will never disappoint. The most fraudulent tribe of scammers will never disappoint... grin

5his is the only Yoruba man we can vote for in Edo state not the other frog eyed cocaine licker ....
But unfortunately we are voting for a yam legger this time around Amaechi is the president, this Osibanjo is coming out at the wrong time. Let the yam leggers have it for peace to reign.

Meanwhile , if you need a coder in Edo state and environs holla @ me

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by Aufbauh(m): 8:11am On Apr 11, 2022
It's my considered opinion that Prof. Yemi Osinbajo has the full backing of the presidency especially Mr. President. If not he won't have being this courageous to go for the jugular with his former boss Tinubu.

Mr. Amaechi is the second option and a pawn in the presidency game plan.
Mr. Buhari wants continuity of some of his policies especially the social investment programme and the infrastructural development, and PYO fits the bill.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by Kelophili: 8:11am On Apr 11, 2022
Unto this matter we move
Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by ERockson: 8:11am On Apr 11, 2022
Good
Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by LegendHero(m): 8:11am On Apr 11, 2022
Nice one Prof. Osinbajo.

Looking presidential already.

Wish you best of luck. A win for you is a win for all within the structure.

219 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by spartan50(m): 8:11am On Apr 11, 2022
You are worthy Oga get out

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by Gabsozo: 8:11am On Apr 11, 2022
You are very qualified but your street credibility Is not top notch.
Nigeria needs an educated street president

Obasanjo wike otom elrufai Fayose dino ngige

These are men with steel balls. Even Lai Mohammed.

They have their corrupt sides no doubts but they will make this country embrace peace by all means necessary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by Donpeak(f): 8:11am On Apr 11, 2022
No third term for Buhari's administration please

19 Likes

Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by Seyiemath(m): 8:11am On Apr 11, 2022
You do realize that many deputies are far different from their boss. They have to remain loyal not only to keep their post but to finally replace their boss. That was the mistake Atiku made and he is still paying for it till date.

Buhari is educationally deficient and this can be gleaned from many of his policies, especially the fixing of exchange rates which is the prime reason the economy is doing so badly. Osinbajo has made many far reaching statements in the past which in subtle ways shows he does not support the president's point of view on some matters, especially in the area of exchange rates that are not market reflective.

At the end of the day, man can only do his best. Na God government better pass (Read Psalms 146:3-4, Matthew 6:10, Rev 21:3-5)
Re: Why I Am Running For President - Osinbajo Declares For 2023 by Frigga13: 8:11am On Apr 11, 2022
grin
Osibanjo is weak

Osibanjo is a deep Yoruba tribaliist

Osibanjo a hardcore religious bigot

Osibanjo is a criminal

From NEMA 5billion
Trade money scam
Firs..
Etc

Wish him luck

Tinubu Must Contest
Must..

His name must be on ballot..

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest / AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries / "Buhari Is The Commander Of Executive Corruption" - Farooq Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.